Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > The PokéCommunity Archives > New Staff Lounge (archive)
Notices

New Staff Lounge (archive) This forum was used in PokéCommunity's 2012 April Fools Day prank. All content in this forum is fabricated for the entertainment of the reader.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old March 24th, 2012, 08:10 AM
Patchisou Yutohru
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lerroux View Post
One more response from you and I'm going to remove you too!
Are you going to remove everyone else who disagrees with you in the process? Throwing around threats of demotion to the opposers and repressing our opinions of you if they're negative through "fear"? If you decide to do that, you'd end up removing the entire staff. You already have plenty of people who oppose what you're doing with this whole moderator review thing you've decided to do, and now that you've removed Fabio and Syd, you're going to get a lot more opposers. If you remove me, you're probably going to get a lot more too.

Because if you do remove me, I won't hesitate to spread the news that I was removed from staff to the members, despite being incredibly contributive and effective in doing my job (if I do say so myself), because I had a disagreement with the new administrator because he didn't like the attitudes of two of our moderators.

Last edited by Patchisou Yutohru; March 24th, 2012 at 08:15 AM.
Old March 24th, 2012, 08:17 AM
Lerroux
Ruler of PC

Why don't you just do your job and I do mine? How's that sound?
Old March 24th, 2012, 08:18 AM
Patchisou Yutohru
Community Supporter

Quote:
Except part of my job is mod reviews. Unless you plan on sharing your reviews with the rest of hstaff, then I don't think that's going to fly. Not for me or anybody else.
Old March 24th, 2012, 08:21 AM
Lerroux
Ruler of PC

I refuse to do that. This is an administrative matter.
Old March 24th, 2012, 08:28 AM
Patchisou Yutohru
Community Supporter

Quote:
Quote:
I refuse to do that. This is an administrative matter.
Quote:
Then I'm afraid that doesn't sound like a plan, Stan. :(

The HQ forum description states: [...]This section should house, but isn't limited to, moderator supervision,[...]

moderator supervision
moderator supervision
moderator supervision
moderator supervision
moderator supervision

So I'm going to bring it back to what we said before: If you want to review the moderators (or even the smods), you need to do it the right way. Review moderators in HQ, review us smods in PAD with the rest of the admins. You can't go around doing things just because you may think that's how they should be. Removing Sydian and Fabio was completely unnecessary and uncalled for just because you found their attitudes to be undesirable. It is not an administrative matter, it's an HQ matter and should be treated as such. Things have been that way for years and we've never had a problem with the way things operate. Simply because you disagree with it isn't enough of a reason for me to think that that's how things should be. This is not a tyranny, this is an oligarchy.

Now I'm done with this. Once an admin sees what you did, they'll probably reverse it and fix the problem anyway.

Last edited by Patchisou Yutohru; March 24th, 2012 at 08:35 AM.
Old March 24th, 2012, 08:31 AM
abnegation
proudly paired with adventure
Community Supporter

Hi. I would like to be reviewed now.
Old March 24th, 2012, 08:51 AM
twocows
Pretentious Intellectual Jerk
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
I support this action 100% and can see no ill effects. Bring it on.
Doctors Without Borders: one of the few charity groups you can rely on to actually do real good in the world.

PM me if you have computer troubles. I work in IT for a living and can probably solve your problems. My rate is $expensive/hr, but I'm still cheaper than Creep Squad and, unlike them, will actually get the job done or let you know if I can't.

Quote:
The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all.
- H. L. Mencken, unsourced

Quote:
There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."
- Isaac Asimov, Column in Newsweek (21 January 1980) [source]

NEW 40K MMOFPS YESSSSS
Old March 24th, 2012, 09:21 AM
Morkula
Play the Game

Just so you guys know, we've been arguing with him over this in PAD for days, and he's being even more of a complete and utter douche up there than he is here in the Lounge.

If he demotes any of you, I will personally re-promote you. I tried to do it for Fabio and Syd but they were too disgusted to come back as long as he's still on staff.

paired with cherrim ~ big brother of patchisou yutohru
4p games ~ 4p forums ~ backloggery ~ twitter
Old March 24th, 2012, 09:47 AM
Kano Shuuya
→ you're here, aren't you?
Community Supporter

Nature: Brave
bullshit.

What if he demotes you for that, Mork? >__>

This entire thing is ridiculous.

hi, i used to be "Drew"
alt account for Jude Mathis
paired to Antemortem
twitter | tumblr | instagram | steam
Old March 24th, 2012, 12:47 PM
Lerroux
Ruler of PC

I'm starting to get sick and tired of you people coming at me like I'm the enemy!! I came here to help you guys out, not to get *****ed at by all of you. If you disagree with me being here, that's fine. But the fact of the matter is that I'm here, and that's not going to change. Not now, and not any time soon.

I don't need people overstepping my decisions.
Old March 24th, 2012, 01:12 PM
abnegation
Community Supporter

Yeah, I like you Lewhatever. Hurry up with my review!
Old March 24th, 2012, 01:14 PM
Lerroux
Ruler of PC

Do not rush me. I will be posting the reviews at the same time. Seeing as how your username is at the top of the forum leader's page and how I've already removed Captain Fabio and Sydian, it should be easy to assume that I've already looked at you, Abnegation. It's only a matter of patience that you'll need. Your lack of it is a serious concern, however.
Old March 24th, 2012, 01:17 PM
abnegation
Community Supporter

You could say it aids my assertiveness.
Old March 24th, 2012, 01:22 PM
Lerroux
Ruler of PC

Being assertive is important for administrators. You're a moderator, you aren't supposed to be assertive, which is why you're not an administrator. You're supposed to be friendly and approachable as a moderator.
Old March 24th, 2012, 01:24 PM
Patchisou Yutohru
Community Supporter

...................... just where the actual fuck do you come up with this stuff, dude?
Old March 24th, 2012, 01:25 PM
Lerroux
Ruler of PC

I thought you said that you were done with this thread? Goodbye, Pachisou.
Old March 24th, 2012, 01:25 PM
abnegation
Community Supporter

Maybe I wish to be an administrator some day :/
You should consider that in your review before you judge me as a character, dear Lerroux. You may be in a higher position than me, but I, have been in this position a lot longer than you've been around.
Old March 24th, 2012, 01:26 PM
Lerroux
Ruler of PC

If you were in it for as long as you said you've been in it, maybe you would have been an administrator by then.
Old March 24th, 2012, 01:28 PM
abnegation
Community Supporter

Nah, around these parts, it seems the other way around. Administrators pop out of thin air, and thin positive personal traits.
Old March 24th, 2012, 01:28 PM
Patchisou Yutohru
Community Supporter

How old are you? I want to say you have the logic of an 8 year old, but considering most 8 year olds are a lot more level-headed than you, I think that'd be a serious insult to 8 year olds across the world. Start acting your age.

If you want to help, help. Helping doesn't mean doing whatever you damn well please.
Old March 24th, 2012, 01:30 PM
Sammi
I change my usertitle as often as PC changes slogans
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patchisou Yutohru View Post
And excuse me? You're looking into smods and our activity logs? That's ridiculous. I don't think you even know the point of an smod, otherwise you wouldn't be looking at our activity logs. We aren't required to do any moderating unless the reports pile up or a forum doesn't have a moderator. In which case, we usually do our fair share between the four of us. Our jobs are primarily to post in HQ and handle community-wide issues brought to us by members, and all of us do just a fine job doing that.
God no wonder you're suck lazy ****s now. Back in my day they had us modding **** 24/7! I bet I had double the logs you do now.

Quote:
If you were in it for as long as you said you've been in it, maybe you would have been an administrator by then.
OH SNAP!

With all the drama right now, I cannot wait for the reviews. :D
My FC is 1177-7075-4188
Dunsparce/Audino/Eevee Safari
Old March 24th, 2012, 01:32 PM
abnegation
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammi-san View Post
OH SNAP!
You clearly don't know a contradiction when you see one.
Old March 24th, 2012, 01:32 PM
Lerroux
Ruler of PC

Your activity isn't the best, sammi-san. I like your attitude, and I like the way you're agreeing with me. We need more of that around here, but your activity could be much much better. I was going to remove you, but now I'm going to have to reconsider.
Old March 24th, 2012, 01:36 PM
Patchisou Yutohru
Community Supporter

Quote:
Your activity isn't the best, sammi-san. I like your attitude, and I like the way you're agreeing with me. We need more of that around here, but your activity could be much much better. I was going to remove you, but now I'm going to have to reconsider.
...That's because OVP has intelligent members and there isn't much moderating to do. Sammi and I may not see eye to eye on happenings in the forums, but being a former OVP mod, it doesn't need much upkeeping. You need to be a bit more subjective and not hold people to the exact same standards.
Old March 24th, 2012, 01:36 PM
Oryx
Of the pigeon, by the pigeon, for the pigeon
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Maybe try the tactic of talking to the person in question before immediate removal?

Not that you know anything about reason so not sure why I'm bothering.
Theme
Pair
VM
PM

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links