Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Fourth Generation
Notices

Fourth Generation Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum kicked off the fourth generation of Pokémon. Two years later, fans of the Johto region were treated to a remastered adventure in HeartGold & SoulSilver. Discuss the games, explore the features, share your experiences, and help other players out!

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old March 17th, 2012, 07:10 AM
Charicific
PkMn Trainer

Nature: Modest
Ok..... ;( Another question. I have a Lucario with an item, Focus Sash. Whenever I go take a challenge @ the Battle Tower (Multi) The Focus Sash ALWAYS DISAPPEARS! When I say disappear, I really mean Permanently. It just disappears out of nowhere and it doesn't come back! I can't waste to buy another every time since the incident happened to me 2 times in a row. Any suggestions?
Old March 17th, 2012, 07:24 AM
PlatinumDude
Nyeh?
Community Supporter

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charicific View Post
Ok..... ;( Another question. I have a Lucario with an item, Focus Sash. Whenever I go take a challenge @ the Battle Tower (Multi) The Focus Sash ALWAYS DISAPPEARS! When I say disappear, I really mean Permanently. It just disappears out of nowhere and it doesn't come back! I can't waste to buy another every time since the incident happened to me 2 times in a row. Any suggestions?
The Focus Sash is a single-use item, like a Berry. It only works if the Pokemon would be OHKOed at full health. If you're challenging a Battle facility, single-use items, like your Focus Sash and Berries, will be restored after every battle and after every 7-round challenge (10 rounds in Battle Hall).

Old March 19th, 2012, 02:07 PM
Artemicion
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Lonely
ok, i've tried everything...
seems there's something wrong with my cart
tried to clean it, tried it in another DS...

when I insert it nothing happens, like there is no game in my console. is there anything i can do? R4, Black, Mario Kart...etc works fine, but not the Platinum
---->>My Trade Corner<<----

Platinum FC: 0003 8568 4922
Heartgold FC: 3525 7235 4391
Black FC: 1249 3888 2710
Old March 19th, 2012, 06:19 PM
LuckyLucario2000

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemicion View Post
ok, i've tried everything...
seems there's something wrong with my cart
tried to clean it, tried it in another DS...

when I insert it nothing happens, like there is no game in my console. is there anything i can do? R4, Black, Mario Kart...etc works fine, but not the Platinum
Try rubbing alcohol at least 91% with a cuetip. If that doesn't work then I'm afraid it's broken. I think it may work though because my Platinum has survived the washing machine. :3 BTW my question is can I catch shiny pokemon on the pokewalker?
Old March 19th, 2012, 06:48 PM
bobandbill
Where's that sheep...

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via AIM to bobandbill Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to bobandbill
Last I heard - yes, but it's very unlikely. Being able to find them depends on your trainer's id and secret id (values assigned in the game when you start a game file from the beginning). Basically for most people you won't find one on the Pokewalker (0% chance), but some people can and have a very high chance of it (as in better than 1 in 50 or 100 if memory serves, somewhere in that ballpark). Catch is 'some people' means very little. There's more details about it somewhere I believe; when I have time I might try to refind that info.

I have seen just the a picture of someone with a shiny from the Pokewalker, I don't recall if it was confirmed legit though.

Old March 20th, 2012, 06:01 AM
何贤豪

Speaking of the Pokewalker...may I ask a question on it?

So, if you were to lose your Pokewalker and get a new one, you'd have to reset your Pokewalker data for the old one to use the new one, right? And if that were to happen, would your Watts and Routes disappear as well?

Thanks!
Old March 20th, 2012, 02:14 PM
bobandbill
Where's that sheep...

Send a message via AIM to bobandbill Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to bobandbill
Yes, I believe all that data would be gone.

Old March 23rd, 2012, 10:18 PM
LuckyLucario2000

Nature: Calm
Hey I just got Pokemon Ranger and I was wondering if I could transfer the Manaphy egg to Heart Gold or Soul Silver? I've tried google but there's nothing recent saying if I can or not, it only says D/P. HALP!

Last edited by LuckyLucario2000; March 23rd, 2012 at 10:35 PM.
Old March 23rd, 2012, 11:37 PM
bobandbill
Where's that sheep...

I believe things only say DP because the ranger game had only been out when DP were the only main 4th gen games out. I don't think they would have been restricted to DP only though, so it *should* work with HGSS just fine.

Old March 28th, 2012, 12:11 PM
Sydian
But you're still hungry.

Nature: Timid
Not really game related, but 4th gen sprite related. Bulbapedia has overworld sprites, but not all the shiny ones (for whatever reason). Unless I've just totally missed them there, anyone know where I can find them? I'm annoyed that I have shiny Pokemon on certain teams and I can't show case it in my blog sidebar, lol. So help would be appreciated, thanks!
Old March 28th, 2012, 01:28 PM
eevee203
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Quiet
is buneary worth training in Platinum? for an in-game team? I dont know if i should use one
Old March 28th, 2012, 04:10 PM
Sydian
But you're still hungry.

Nature: Timid
I wouldn't say so. There are better Normal types, like Lickilicky. Or just better Pokemon in general, really. I've raised it before, and it was my worst party member. It fainted all the time. So I don't really recommend it personally.
Old March 28th, 2012, 11:22 PM
miltankRancher
Mega Ampharos is the one.

Send a message via Yahoo to miltankRancher
I am playing Diamond right now, and has a Budew in training. However, it seems like I have forgotten where to get the Soothe Bell. Can anyone tell me where it is? Thanks!

I am a Roleplayer

...and I am PROUD of it.
Lanistae Jacet [Lies of a Trainer]
Old March 29th, 2012, 01:18 AM
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you
Community Supporter

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
Quote:
Originally Posted by miltankRancher View Post
I am playing Diamond right now, and has a Budew in training. However, it seems like I have forgotten where to get the Soothe Bell. Can anyone tell me where it is? Thanks!
You have to go to the Pokémon Mansion (the one owned by Mr. Backlot with the garden at the back) and it is given by the maid in the second room on the left of the entrance.
Old March 29th, 2012, 02:27 AM
miltankRancher
Mega Ampharos is the one.

Send a message via Yahoo to miltankRancher
That far? Oh. I guess, I need to resort to the massage in Veilstone. Thank you!

I am a Roleplayer

...and I am PROUD of it.
Lanistae Jacet [Lies of a Trainer]
Old March 29th, 2012, 04:25 AM
jvillg
Beginning Trainer

To me, I think it's easier to put it in a sequence.
This is for Pokemon platinum:
1) Team Galactic has been cleared out of stark mountain
2) Heartan is not there
3) ?
Old March 29th, 2012, 05:17 AM
bobandbill
Where's that sheep...

Have you talked to the partner in the mountain back in her house? That might be a necessary event to trigger first with it.

Old March 29th, 2012, 06:11 AM
jvillg
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobandbill View Post
Have you talked to the partner in the mountain back in her house? That might be a necessary event to trigger first with it.
That does not help me catch. Hertan
Old March 29th, 2012, 02:17 PM
bobandbill
Where's that sheep...

Hmm... it must be some other obscure character to talk to or one part of that sidequest you didn't do or something... but I'm not sure if the only other relevant character bar Plasma people (Looker) is even skippable.

Old March 29th, 2012, 03:03 PM
droomph
mmm gurl that 90s
Community Supporter

Nature: Impish
Hey, I noticed this thread and decided to ask something.

In Platinum, what was the point of Marley in the Victory Road? Just curious...
did u no there r 21 letters in the alphabet
o i forgot 5
uraqt

Old March 29th, 2012, 06:32 PM
Bliam
Hearty Guy

G'day everyone!

I've been trying to breed a pokémon with IVs at 31 across the board. I used the power items and bred a generation of five which all had max defence, and each had a maximum rating in one other stat.

Then I used power items for speed & special attack, and relied on the fact that both parents had max defence to give that to the next generation, so I should've had a generation with max defence, speed and special attack.

Anyway, when I got to what should've been 4 max stats out of six, I discovered one which didn't have a single IV at 31. Do you know why this wouldn't have worked? Is there a random factor I'm failing to account for?
Hahahaha!
Us hearty guys always laugh!
Old March 30th, 2012, 03:38 AM
bobandbill
Where's that sheep...

Going to merge this with the help thread sticky in case someone better versed with breeding has something to add.

From memory though (and assuming this is HGSS as DPPt I don't believe have the breeding properties for the power items) they don't make the IV for that stat 31 - they just pass down the IV the Pokemon holding it has in that stat, so if they didn't have max speed/special attack then a non-perfect IV for the respective one would have been passed.

As for the defence not being passed, that's down to luck. Only three stats from the parents may be passed down in total, so it's up to chance.
Quote:
In Platinum, what was the point of Marley in the Victory Road? Just curious...
No real point, I suppose, just another 'hey explore this area with a partner' game mechanic. That and afterwards you can battle her in the Fight area/battle with her in the battle tower, so there is some other benefits of going there I suppose besides the usual.

Old March 30th, 2012, 05:54 AM
Bliam
Hearty Guy

Ah, sorry, I was unclear. I had ensured that the stats being passed via a power item were rated at 31, as informed by the judge at the battle tower. ("It can't be better in that regard.")

The maximum of three stats being passed down seems pretty insurmountable, though. Can nothing be done for that?

Edit - and yes, it is HGSS.
Hahahaha!
Us hearty guys always laugh!
Old April 6th, 2012, 07:37 AM
Weeedle
Beginning Trainer

Can someone trade and then trade back so i can evolve my graveler in hg?
hg:4084 0805 4192
Old April 6th, 2012, 07:48 AM
bobandbill
Where's that sheep...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weeedle View Post
Can someone trade and then trade back so i can evolve my graveler in hg?
Try the Quick Trade thread over in the Trade Corner section. This help thread is for questions rather than trades so you should have more luck there.

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links