Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Advertise here

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio > Progressing Hacks
Notices

Progressing Hacks The forum for submitting your hack in production. Everyone's welcome, and you may come and find a hack that's starting out or make your own hack. For Pokémon/non-Pokémon hacks.

View Poll Results: Should I change the starter Digimon from Jyarimon, Puttimon, and Punimon?
Yes, replace them respectively with Botamon, WhiteBotamon, and Nyokimon. 18 50.00%
No, keep them how they are 18 50.00%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old March 26th, 2012, 01:14 PM
Epitaph93
Intermediate Digidestined

Nature: Calm

Advertise here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemisis View Post
been out for a while and wow as i come back cool....... you've been working on moves.. nice the moves are cool and there names are awesome .... with just the name i think my favorite would be FIST OF FATE hehehehehe.. good luck Ephitaph93 and keep it up and nice job ..
You can thank MrElephant for the moves, Nemisis. All I've done is began compiling them into a list. Count on more popping up in the next few weeks, along with other updates related to stats.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fam.. The SilverWing View Post
WOW..!!!!! a digimon hack so far so good i like it keep up the good work
It still amazes me how few of these hacks ever happened, and how none of them was ever released lol.

Update: I'm putting a hold on the stressful DNA Digivolution script for now. I thought I had the gender check working, but something's wrong with it. In case I didn't mention it in any of my earlier posts, I was learning ASM so I could make the DNA Digivolution script work much better. I have a good understanding of it, but it's very stressful so I'm taking a break from it. Anyway, I'm now starting on stat editing while stocko makes icon sprites for the already inserted digimon. What this means is that we're getting close to the first release. It may take a few months, but we are nonetheless nearing a major milestone.
I'm Epitaph and I plan on releasing the first full-fledged Digimon hack of Pokemon Fire Red. We're getting close to the first release so come check it out in the Progressing hacks, and see how you can help us with the project.
Old March 26th, 2012, 02:57 PM
MrElephant
Pokemon Researcher

Nature: Serious
Wow you have now gotten four pages of comments Epitaph93. Now your hack is making it to the big leagues. Keep up the good work. Sadly though my hack was not accepted. But I will try to make it better like make better tiles and things!
Old March 26th, 2012, 08:42 PM
Epitaph93

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrElephant:7100417
Wow you have now gotten four pages of comments Epitaph93. Now your hack is making it to the big leagues. Keep up the good work. Sadly though my hack was not accepted. But I will try to make it better like make better tiles and things!
Lol the big leagues indeed. Thank you MrElephant. I'm looking forward to your hack, and if you need any help pm me.
I'm Epitaph and I plan on releasing the first full-fledged Digimon hack of Pokemon Fire Red. We're getting close to the first release so come check it out in the Progressing hacks, and see how you can help us with the project.

Last edited by Epitaph93; March 27th, 2012 at 07:17 AM.
Old March 28th, 2012, 04:54 PM
Dabulewicz
Beginning Trainer

Omg i would love to play this. Unique way to do things. Im assuming the sprites will be of a better qualitythan the run of the mill fakemon?
Old March 28th, 2012, 07:15 PM
Epitaph93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dabulewicz View Post
Omg i would love to play this. Unique way to do things. Im assuming the sprites will be of a better qualitythan the run of the mill fakemon?
Yes the Digimon won't be sprited from scratch like most fakemon, so they will be of better quality than the average fakemon. Instead, they're resized official sprites from the DS games.
Old March 29th, 2012, 08:44 AM
Dabulewicz
Beginning Trainer

As a just wondering kinda thing, what kinda progress have you made in game as in the story?
But nonetheless keep working on this hack, if i had experience in rom hacking I'd assist somehow.
Other than what you already posted of the story.

Last edited by Dabulewicz; March 29th, 2012 at 08:48 AM. Reason: corrected my idiotic error
Old March 29th, 2012, 03:04 PM
Epitaph93

Quote:
As a just wondering kinda thing, what kinda progress have you made in game as in the story?
But nonetheless keep working on this hack, if i had experience in rom hacking I'd assist somehow.
Other than what you already posted of the story.
Story wise, there hasn't been much progress. After fighting Devimon the first time, he'll return with a tamer who he'll have control over. This is really just a second rival quest more than anything though. You'll fight Devimon's other digivolutions, as well as whatever other Digimon the Dark Tamer may have. I wanted to use Ken/The Digimon Emperor from season 2, but I can't find any sprites for him so I might either create a new character entirely or make my own Ken sprite.

In place of the Elite Four I want to have the Dark Masters from season 1, so that the object of the story is to obtain the crests so that you may obtain the power to defeat the dark masters and bring peace to the Digital World. I guess story wise I could go off of the Animes, but I haven't given too much to the story so far, as I've been spending my entire efforts toward the Digimon themselves.

If you have any story/event ideas (be it from the animes, or just original ideas) please share them. Don't be a stranger
Old March 29th, 2012, 04:23 PM
Nemisis
Soul Eater

Nature: Relaxed
oh........... thanx Mr. Elephant.. for the cool moves !!!!!!!!!! hahahaha ............. oo i wanna help.. ill try and find a ken the digimon emperor sprite for you Epitaph ill just pm if i found one any ways good luck..
ZZZzzzzzz..............

My Supported Hacks:
Old March 29th, 2012, 05:53 PM
Dabulewicz
Beginning Trainer

Well how bout considering season 3 "digimon tamers"? 3 main characters and with 3 main digimon partners. Along with the fact its the closest thing to pokemon world in terms of workload to modify the whole system. Back story could be your story to make but I just think that woul be good idea. But idk. Anywho that was my thoughts.
Old March 30th, 2012, 10:04 AM
Epitaph93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemisis View Post
oh........... thanx Mr. Elephant.. for the cool moves !!!!!!!!!! hahahaha ............. oo i wanna help.. ill try and find a ken the digimon emperor sprite for you Epitaph ill just pm if i found one any ways good luck..
Someone just sent me a VM with a Digimon Emperor sprite. It could be used as a battle sprite, I would just have to make an OW. So if you find an OW that would be sweet lol.

Quote:
Well how bout considering season 3 "digimon tamers"? 3 main characters and with 3 main digimon partners. Along with the fact its the closest thing to pokemon world in terms of workload to modify the whole system. Back story could be your story to make but I just think that woul be good idea. But idk. Anywho that was my thoughts.
Hmm I hadn't considered the tamers series. You just opened up a whole new list of things to consider lol. For example I could change TMs, HMs, and stat boosting items into Digimon Cards like in that series. I'm not sure about the characters though. I've already done so much work with Tai and Sora that I would hate to start over. Although I could use the Tamer characters for a sequel Story-wise I think I could use this. Digimon begin to invade the real world, you and your rival are sent to stop the chaos that ensues. Yes I like what the concept of season 3 entails

Update: I've began working on base stats. I have a general outline for the base stats of each level of digivolution. Feedback would be nice, as I'm not sure how well these stats are lined up. In pokemon the highest number of evolutions is 3(i.e. bulbasuar, ivysaur, venusaur) whereas the highest number of digivolutions in digimon is 8 (jyarimon, demiveemon, veemon, exveemon, dinobeemon, palidramon, imperildramon, paladin imperialdramon). Therefore, the highest digivolution would have a drastic advantage against most lower digivolutions. This is a very difficult fact to get around in the stats department. So here's what I have so far:

Average fresh starter: 178 (29.66 per stat)

Average in-training starter: 242 (40.33 per stat)

Average rookie starter: 315 (52.5 per stat)

Average champion starter: 405 (67.5 per stat)

Average ultimate starter: 530 (88.33 per stat)

Average mega starter: 715 (119.166 per stat)

Armor Digivolution would rank somewhere between champion and ultimate: 467.5 with average stats being 77.9

As an example for how this would work out, let me show you Gabumon's digiline as I have it right now. The stats are displayed in this order:

HP
Attack
Defense
Sp. Attack
Sp. Defense
Speed

Punimon:

Tsunomon

Gabumon

Garurumon

WereGarurumon

MetalGarurumon

Omnimon

Old March 30th, 2012, 01:15 PM
Dabulewicz
Beginning Trainer

I just had an idea lol but this would probably be more fit fora 4th gen pokemon hack of digimon. Second season say like for Veemon his ability would be multitype and change the plates into the digi eggs lol perhaps an ideal for a follow up sequel to your sequel if 4th gen hacking gets stronger. But of course anything can happen. The tamers idea was just because i like Guilmon alot more xD
Also dinobeemon does digivolve into another digimon other than what you've got posted. So i suggest to keep it in the first 3 seasons lol and also i think dinobeemon has little to nothing to do with the creation of palidon inperialdramon. But just a branch off to another digiline
And for puttimon, who is that gonna be digivolved into? I assume renamon but she usualy comes from a viximon

Last edited by Dabulewicz; March 30th, 2012 at 01:37 PM. Reason: typo and more thoughts
Old March 30th, 2012, 02:08 PM
Epitaph93

Quote:
I just had an idea lol but this would probably be more fit fora 4th gen pokemon hack of digimon. Second season say like for Veemon his ability would be multitype and change the plates into the digi eggs lol perhaps an ideal for a follow up sequel to your sequel if 4th gen hacking gets stronger. But of course anything can happen. The tamers idea was just because i like Guilmon alot more xD
Also dinobeemon does digivolve into another digimon other than what you've got posted. So i suggest to keep it in the first 3 seasons lol and also i think dinobeemon has little to nothing to do with the creation of palidon inperialdramon. But just a branch off to another digiline
And for puttimon, who is that gonna be digivolved into? I assume renamon but she usualy comes from a viximon
Considering this hack might take anywhere between 2 and 4 years, by the time I'm finished I imagine 4th gen hacking will be much more popular. So we'll see about a sequel then.

If by dinobeemon's other digivolution you mean GranKuwagamon, I will be including him in Kuwagamon's digiline. Although both are canonically correct, I don't agree with it personally.

Dinobeemon has everything to do with paladin imperialdramon lol. Stingmon and ExVeemon DNA digivolve into Dinobeemon, then Dinobeemon digivolves to Palidramon, then to Imperialdramon, and finally to Paladin Imperialdramon via DNA digivolving Imperialdramon with Omnimon. It all starts with DNA digivolving Stingmon with ExVeemon to get Dinobeemon on one end, and MetalGarurumon with WarGreymon on the other end. So yes Dinobeemon is definitley necessary for Paladin Imperialdramon's digiline.

Puttimon will either digivolve to viximon, tokomon, or nyaromamon. Those three respectively lead to Renamon, Patamon, and Salamon's digilines, where you will get Kyubimon, Angemon, and Gatomon from. So on and so forth, with potentially other digilines along the way.
Old March 30th, 2012, 10:53 PM
qaz015393
pokemon revenge developer

great update for the stats. im so going 2 ant 2 get Paladin Imperialdramon & Omnimon *not 2 mention others like the dark digimon*

POKEMON REVENGE TEAM IS looking for members APPLY HERE so the hack can continue.

3Ds Fc= 0619-4312-9526 IgN is Near My trade shop is here
Old March 31st, 2012, 06:50 AM
joshking123
Beginning Trainer

This seems really cool lol, can't wait to see more xD
Old March 31st, 2012, 09:16 PM
Dabulewicz
Beginning Trainer

Epitaph from season 2 there is no dinobeemon. Its just an alternative ultimate digiform for exveemon and stingmon. it was introduced in video games. Its like saying agumon could digivolve into growlmon as in digimon world 3. Or renamon into stingmon and monmon into exveemon. So....
Old April 1st, 2012, 03:10 AM
Nemisis
Soul Eater

Nature: Relaxed
oh ... okie...

Wow...!!! there's been a lot of stat updates cool
keep it up
ZZZzzzzzz..............

My Supported Hacks:
Old April 1st, 2012, 02:29 PM
Epitaph93

[SIZE="a"]
Quote:
Originally Posted by qaz015393:7106903
great update for the stats. im so going 2 ant 2 get Paladin Imperialdramon & Omnimon *not 2 mention others like the dark digimon*
Thanks I'm glad to see you interested in the digivolutions. I'm sorry I never messaged you back about that banner btw. I've been trying to wrap my head around ASM and other things for the hack lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemisis:7109166
oh ... okie...

Wow...!!! there's been a lot of stat updates cool
keep it up
Will do. Once I have them all done we'll be extremely close to the first release.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dabulewicz:7108695
Epitaph from season 2 there is no dinobeemon. Its just an alternative ultimate digiform for exveemon and stingmon. it was introduced in video games. Its like saying agumon could digivolve into growlmon as in digimon world 3. Or renamon into stingmon and monmon into exveemon. So....
Ahh I see what you mean. My bad lol. I guess I could have the game give you either palidramon or dinobeemon, then you get a different mode of imperialdramon from each of them I.e. fighter or dragon. This digiline is gonna give me a few things to consider.

Update: I've had a temporary set back in hacking, as my computer has been temporarily banned from me because of my parents. Not to worry, I'll be back at it soon. I'll try to hand write some of the stats meanwhile so that I won't lose too much time. I still have my phone, so I can still communicate with you guys via the pokecommunity android app.[/SIZE]
Old April 1st, 2012, 06:01 PM
qaz015393
pokemon revenge developer

no worry man.

wow that stinks. hope the best of luck.

POKEMON REVENGE TEAM IS looking for members APPLY HERE so the hack can continue.

3Ds Fc= 0619-4312-9526 IgN is Near My trade shop is here
Old April 1st, 2012, 08:14 PM
Epitaph93

Update: I finished 15 more digimons' stats, including agumon and terriermon's main lines, and parts of veemon and wormmon's lines. I've also decided that if your stingmon/exveemon are both female you will receive Dinobeemon who will digivolve to Imperialdramon Dragon Mode, or if they're both female you will receive Palidramon who will digivolve into the Fighter Mode, both of which can be combined with omnimon to form each ones paladin mode(though canonically I don't think the dragon mode has a paladin mode.) Note also that these two Digimon will probably be the strongest digimon in the game, but their EVs will be significantly less than any other digimon once they reach level 100. You will probably only have 10 levels to gain EVs(as you will receive either as a level 90 digimon) so depending on how I adjust their stats and which EVs you get, you could end up with either a very week or an extremely powerful level 100 digimon. So I'll be taking extra care in making them as perfect as I can.
Old April 2nd, 2012, 08:41 AM
Dabulewicz
Beginning Trainer

[SIZE="a"]Well id say the modes would be very fun to do if we had the stones in 3rd gen that we have in 4th gen. Pay homage to deoxys. Change forms but will be the same pokemon. Dragon and fighter modes could be viewed similarly if we could figure out a script. To allow form change by key item or field object you know?

Good work tho. Keep it up[/SIZE]

Last edited by DrFuji; April 2nd, 2012 at 12:48 PM. Reason: Merging posts
Old April 2nd, 2012, 08:24 PM
Epitaph93

[SIZE="a"]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dabulewicz:7111687
[SIZE="a"]Well id say the modes would be very fun to do if we had the stones in 3rd gen that we have in 4th gen. Pay homage to deoxys. Change forms but will be the same pokemon. Dragon and fighter modes could be viewed similarly if we could figure out a script. To allow form change by key item or field object you know?

Good work tho. Keep it up[/SIZE]
I agree that would be the ideal system, but unfortunately the implementation of that system can only be done via complex ASM routines. Jambo51 has been working on an amazing patch that includes forms, but he hasn't updated the thread in a while. It's in the research and development section if you want to have a look. His patch would really help in multiple areas, but for now I'm making due with what we have.[/SIZE]
Old April 3rd, 2012, 02:05 PM
Sean.Warner
Beginning Trainer

This seems like a crazy amount of work. good luck and more power to ya!
Old April 4th, 2012, 10:10 AM
mokey27
Beginning Trainer

can u download the game yet
Old April 4th, 2012, 11:15 AM
RioluLux
Beginning Trainer

I think the hack looks awsome and ill be waiting for its completion
I wish you the best of luck
Also im wondering if youll add xros wars digimon :o
Old April 4th, 2012, 05:22 PM
Dabulewicz