Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Fifth Generation
Notices

Fifth Generation Are Pokémon slaves to humans? Team Plasma thinks so. Travel the Unova region and prove them wrong in Black & White, and then return two years later in Black2 & White2.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old March 29th, 2012, 11:59 AM
BIGoDeViN
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Relaxed
So, a lot of controversy around Gen 5 and it's pokemon. Personally, I loved the way they looked. But I want to hear what PC has to say. So, what was your favorite pokemon(s) of Gen 5? Also, what are your least favourites? Feel free to respond to other posts & discuss/promote your favourites. As for the generation as a whole, if you feel they don't look like Pokemon, use the seperate thread for that.

(Sorry if this has been posted before or is a common question.)

Last edited by Forever; March 29th, 2012 at 03:52 PM.
Old March 29th, 2012, 12:14 PM
Timbjerr
Hero of the Blue Flame
Community Supporter

Nature: Timid
People can make fun of it all they want, but I'm in love with this thing's design. I only wish it had a better movepool. D:

Spoiler:

Yes, it's seriously my favorite GenV pokémon. XD

PokéCommunity Veteran Timbjerr

"We're not perfect. Sometimes our brains tell us one thing, while our emotions tell us another. And war... The more we try to avoid it, the worse it is when it comes to us."
Old March 29th, 2012, 12:46 PM
Joshawott
Booted out - don't be like me!

Nature: Brave
Samurott was definitely my favourite fifth generation Pokémon. Everything from its awesome design to its semi-bug type was just awesome. That being said, I will admit that Darmanitan falls dangerously close behind. Those things are amazing physical attackers and learn seriously beneficial moves early on.
Old March 29th, 2012, 12:49 PM
Mr. X
For Money
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
Imo, a lot of the gen 5's look like garbage (In fact, one of them actually IS garbage.) but amazingly I do have some favorites from gen 5.

Stoutland, Serperior, and Zebrastrika (Spelled wrong I know).

I'm just kinda afraid to see what they come up with in the 6th generation.
Follower of Carlinism since 2008.

Come play Runescape
Old March 29th, 2012, 12:56 PM
Hoenn
Elite
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to Hoenn
Hmm good question, I really love Vanilluxe and as much as you may dislike it's design, for me it's cute!
Pokemon Spirit Emerald
Coming Soon
Old March 29th, 2012, 03:51 PM
Forever
let it go

Well it seems likes/dislikes is close enough to death that a couple days don't really matter - the thread needed a refresh anyways. So as a result, I'm just going to edit in a few discussion questions into the first post so we can get some discussion happening again. :3

Either way, my favourite was Herdier partially because of the design/partially because of how it sounds as well as partially because it was a dog, lol. Everything about it is awesome tbh.

As for others, some of the ones I didn't like were Crimgan, Garbodor, etc, but purely because of design. A lot of the ones I disliked before I kind of liked more because of battling, lol, like Tornadus. :x

But yeah, overall, Crimgan/Druddigon should probably be deleted. :)
I'm paired with and in love with Frizy ♥
Old March 29th, 2012, 04:39 PM
BIGoDeViN
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever View Post
Well it seems likes/dislikes is close enough to death that a couple days don't really matter - the thread needed a refresh anyways. So as a result, I'm just going to edit in a few discussion questions into the first post so we can get some discussion happening again. :3

Either way, my favourite was Herdier partially because of the design/partially because of how it sounds as well as partially because it was a dog, lol. Everything about it is awesome tbh.

As for others, some of the ones I didn't like were Crimgan, Garbodor, etc, but purely because of design. A lot of the ones I disliked before I kind of liked more because of battling, lol, like Tornadus. :x

But yeah, overall, Crimgan/Druddigon should probably be deleted.
WHAT?! I think Druddigon looks totally kick ass! lol Just my opinion though. And Garbador is just a reboot of Muk and I never really liked Muk. The gothitelle and it's evolutions look so ridiculous to me. I don't like them at all. I like the monkey trio excep the water form. Simsear has to be my new favorite pokemon. It and Timburr. And it's evolved forms.

Last edited by BIGoDeViN; March 29th, 2012 at 04:44 PM.
Old March 29th, 2012, 04:52 PM
GolurkIsDaBomb
Strawberry Sunrise, no ice.

Nature: Lonely
Personally I like Golurk (which you might be able to guess by my name )
Its a giant robot. THAT FLIES. Plus it's got a movepool that helps it do what it needs to

Other favorites of mine include.... hm. I kinda like all of the 5th gen. They really grew on me. But i guess I'd go with the jelly bear Reuniclus, Elgyem, Rufflet, Joltik, Serperior, uh... and Darmanitan, especially zen form. I thought that was a cool feature.

Least favorites would be Gothita (it's lips are two disconnected ovals!?) and actually the musketeer trio. Something about them seemed creepy, like a human deer hybrid gone wrong...

@Forever Whatchu talkin' bout? Druddigin/Garbodor are awesome, even though I kinda hated them at first... but now they're cool haha
Old March 29th, 2012, 05:49 PM
-ty-
Don't Ask, Just Tell

Nature: Naughty
People need to stop being haterz when it comes to 5th generation pokemon.

The variety of styles makes it great for everyone. IF you like elegant, tough, weird, cute, ugly, regal, sinister, or any combination of these styles, there is a Pokemon for you in this generation.

I also like the new and unique typing of pokemon, with the exception of the poor representation of poison types, and even maybe the fire types.

I am picky about my Pokemons' appearances, but these are the ones that appeal to me, and therefore, I can use during the game:

Spoiler:

I should also note that this generation contains the most Pokemon that I find to be appealing enough to be on my team. This is by far the best generation of Pokemon!!!
Old March 29th, 2012, 06:53 PM
Drakes
Beginning Trainer

I have to say, this generation of pokemon make me madder then any other. Most of them are cross bread with two skill sets but my fav is.............
Darmanitan.
He is a straight beast.
Old March 29th, 2012, 07:19 PM
Reshiram Man
Resident Peacekeeper

Nature: Modest
I don't love Garbodor that much, although Trubbish is meh..
Garbodor looks hideous.
West, on a plane bound west
I see her stretching out below
Land, blessed mother land
The place where I was born

Scars, she’s got her scars
Sometimes it starts to worry me
Cause lose, I don’t want to lose
Sight of who we are

From the mountains high
To the wave-crashed coast
There’s a way to find
Better days I know

It’s been a long hard ride
Got a ways to go
This is still the place
That we all call home
Old March 29th, 2012, 07:24 PM
DominusValdo
Friend to all...

Nature: Brave
I really enjoyed three different pokemon the best. Darmanitan, Haxorus and Braviary.
Darmanitan was a monster and Haxorus is probably my favorite dragon design. I usually never like flying but Braviary just looked awesome and he was overall a great asset to my team. He is my favorite flying including legendary birds.

Pokemon Black FC: 3010 3083 5080
Old March 29th, 2012, 08:05 PM
miltankRancher
Mega Ampharos is the one.

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Yahoo to miltankRancher
Ughh.. Generation Five. Brought two Pokemon I really hate. :\

Spoiler:
and

I really do not know why, but these Pokemon strikes me as ugly. really. no offence.

I have a few mons I like though. Samurott is really a beast, plus Serperior is just elegant. Galvantula is badass, and so is Cofagrigus.

I am a Roleplayer

...and I am PROUD of it.
Lanistae Jacet [Lies of a Trainer]
Old March 29th, 2012, 08:26 PM
SquishyCasanova
Beep Beep

Nature: Naughty
Cobalion was a cool pokemon! Not necessarily the best, but I liked it.
Least favorite, probably Simisage, Simipour and Simisear,
they were just...frightening.
Old March 29th, 2012, 08:43 PM
Kenshin5
Wanderer

Nature: Mild
I remember back on the day when it was released in japan and all of the pokemon were being released through out the day I was in aw. Then we they were all ripped by the evening my initial ones I instantly connected too were Bisharp, Haxorus, Carracosta, Krookodile line, Volcarona, and Golurk from if memory serves correctly. Then looking at it in retrospect I am thinking I like at least 75% of the designs. Good stuff as a whole, although there are hits and misses as well like the Kami Trio, Trubbish & Garbodar, Alomomola, Klink line, Cyrogonal. Then there is some I just disliked like Scraggy and Scrafty but now I love them especially since (Scraggy) atm is apart of Ash team.

Brian - 0089 1621 6313 - White

Old March 29th, 2012, 09:18 PM
Crazyme931
Beginning Trainer

Conkeldurr is the best to me for its good bulk and movesets, I have one and it sweeps like no tomorrow
Only one pokemon I cannot stand, Whimsicott, it is good but focused to much on irritating your opponents

*Shiny Clause (Excludes red Gyarados)
Gen I:
Completed 28:28:14
Old March 29th, 2012, 10:10 PM
wombateiro
Trainer

Looking only at concepts, my favs are Oshawott/Dewott/Samurott. I think concept of Samurai otter/sea lion using razor shells/swords is awesome. I also like Zoroark and Cofagrigus.
Old March 29th, 2012, 10:14 PM
ShadowE
-Insert fancy title here-
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
Well, the name says it: Excadrill.

It looks badass, it is very strong...
Old March 30th, 2012, 06:54 AM
Guillermo
i own a rabbit heh
Community Supporter

I don't understand what everyone's beef with Volcarona is. It is the most badass moth I have ever seen and if you Quiver Dance that thing it will take down a freight train on steroids. Oh and it puts Venomoth from Gen I to shame.

While a lot of the Gen V Pokemon looked absolutely pathetic, and like the developers just all got really drunk and splashed some paint around on a board and called it a Pokemon, there were one or two I didn't mind....

Volcarona
Hydreigon (was waiting for a three-headed dragon for sososo long)
Kyurem
Samurott
Excadrill
Haxorus (there is a reason it has hax in it's name)
credittoDukey
one life, one chance

| | le deux | | so-so-soulful

Last edited by Guillermo; March 30th, 2012 at 08:48 PM.
Old March 30th, 2012, 11:28 AM
Kenshin5
Wanderer

Nature: Mild
I wasn't aware everyone had a beef with it, judging by the people that voted in this topic http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=275633 and the comments they made as to how great it is and how much they liked it.

Brian - 0089 1621 6313 - White

Old March 30th, 2012, 02:38 PM
Crazyme931
Beginning Trainer

Volcarona is a great lead but its 4 times weakness to rock and the popularity of stealth rock are the only thing holding it back. Start with a rapid spin and it is a great Gen V pokémon

*Shiny Clause (Excludes red Gyarados)
Gen I:
Completed 28:28:14
Old March 30th, 2012, 02:52 PM
BIGoDeViN
Beginning Trainer

@Hikari - Reuniclusis seriously one of the coolest pokemon in B/W IMO.
Old March 30th, 2012, 04:20 PM
sherreamethyst
Dragonite's Momma

Nature: Modest
My favorite 5th gen pokemon is definitely Archeops and Dweeble/Crustle! I think the designs were amazing especially for Archeops. I love all the colors on him! And for Dweeble and Crustle, I think their designs are very cute and fun! Dweeble is just so adorable that I wish I still had my hermit crabs so I can change all of their to Dweeble, LOL
Old March 30th, 2012, 08:40 PM
Guillermo
i own a rabbit heh
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenshin5 View Post
I wasn't aware everyone had a beef with it, judging by the people that voted in this topic http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=275633 and the comments they made as to how great it is and how much they liked it.
I'm not just referring to this forum jsyk.
credittoDukey
one life, one chance

| | le deux | | so-so-soulful
Old March 31st, 2012, 01:55 AM
Mentalii
Back

Nature: Gentle
I am one of the V gen hater. Yes, I'm very disappointed by almost every designs. Really. I love the games BW, but the Pokémon repelled me a lot.
Now, I'm used to them so I don't hate them as much as in the beginning x)
Anyway, each to his own taste !
Well, maybe I don't generally like the V gen Pokémon, but there's one or two of them I can stand, like Braviary or Deerling. And I think Garbodor's funny

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links