• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

The Rainbow Connection [LGBTS Club]

Years
Heya everyone! I haven't posted in here before so I will just say hey.

So I imagine your sister must be one of those crazy people who think that sexuality is passed on like a disease, and not just passed on by seeing homosexual acts

I never knew that you had to witness these acts to be who we are. Kind of ignorant to say that no?

I knew I was a lesbian long before I saw such acts, even before my son was born. So what accounts for me being lesbian if I never saw homosexual acts?

--Edit---
Also just to stat I do not wish to cause any arguments. I just disagree with what was said.

Last edited:

U.Flame

Maker of Short Games
Years
Ah her
I've never gotten any lesbian signals from Rainbow Dash. She's just cool.

Girls can't be cool without being gay?

My mom's gaydar isn't based on coolness. Her gaydar is expertly crafted by our gay friends. Seriously though it is stupid when people associate tomboys with lesbians. Even Lauren Frost said that was stupid and offensive. According to my mom, Rainbow Dash gives off a real lesbian vibe, whether that's on purpose or not we both agree that's awesome.

Harmonie

Winds ღ
Years
I never knew that you had to witness these acts to be who we are. Kind of ignorant to say that no?

I knew I was a lesbian long before I saw such acts, even before my son was born. So what accounts for me being lesbian if I never saw homosexual acts?

No, that's not what I meant.

I don't in any remote way believe that our sexuality is a choice. I was stating that from the view of how the anti-homosexual people think. They think that homosexuality is a choice and even that it can come from seeing others be homosexual.

So I was speaking from that assumption, saying that now not only do they think that it can be passed on by just seeing somebody else be homosexual, but, even more absurdly, they think it can be passed on by seeing somebody/character portraying behavior that is stereotyped as being homosexual.

(I'm sorry, but going back and reading my post I don't even see how I worded that badly... I clearly wasn't speaking my own beliefs there.)

Years
I totally agree, some of those videos are pathetic or just really really awkward.
Although most I have seen tend to be parodies aimed towards the male populace of fans.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
I have a feeling that that experiment would put me at like maybe 50/50 because I am absolutely the worst at picking out people based on their sexuality. It makes it awkward sometimes because while other people will just pick up on it, I won't and they have to spell it out and stuff, lol. :(

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
Years

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
I think the fact that you think you've never met any gay people in real life means that your gaydar is pretty terrible :P

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
I've met plenty of gay people. Usually if it's a guy, they mention their sexuality offhand after I've developed a crush on them. It used to be the biggest problem for me hahaha.

Years
I have horrible gaydar. There were these girls who I saw in class for several semesters and I never knew they were gay, let alone a couple.

droomph

weeb
Years
Hah, gaydar.

That's really weird! I can't tell if anybody's gay or not, but that's probably because I live in a pretty homophobic town (because Asians.)...but I really want to "meet mah people", and have someone who I can talk to daily and get me through some hard parts about the "coming out" part.

But I think I would have a very bad gaydar if I knew there were lots of gay people around nonetheless.

Margaret Cho, anyone?

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
Well droomph, that's pretty much exactly what we're here for! If you need any help with coming out or any other part of being gay and you can't find it in your offline life, then we are "your people" XD

droomph

weeb
Years
Ah yes, but I don't know where to start to do that...

I swear no one in a thirty-mile radius from my house is gay, and most of them are homophobic. That's kinda weird...

Oh werl wassup gaaaiz how's it doing

So what's with the "pink thongs and assless chaps and those chest chains oh my" gay people? What are all your thoughts on those people? Because I know you people here aren't flamboyant (because POKÉMON, come on you know that's true).

And if you are one of those people who like to wear pink panties, I'm very sorry. :( :apologetic mochi:

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
That's really weird! I can't tell if anybody's gay or not, but that's probably because I live in a pretty homophobic town (because Asians.)...but I really want to "meet mah people", and have someone who I can talk to daily and get me through some hard parts about the "coming out" part.

I have the world's worst gaydar. We were playing a sharade type of game in theatre back in high school, and this guy started prancing around and we were shouting our guesses and I said "gay model" and he flipped me off. The guy next to me says "you know he's really gay, right?" lol And I felt so bad. :( I've always been bad at following stereotypes irl though, so I guess that might be more of a good thing than bad thing? haha

droomph

weeb
Years

I have the world's worst gaydar. We were playing a sharade type of game in theatre back in high school, and this guy started prancing around and we were shouting our guesses and I said "gay model" and he flipped me off. The guy next to me says "you know he's really gay, right?" lol And I felt so bad. :( I've always been bad at following stereotypes irl though, so I guess that might be more of a good thing than bad thing? haha
Haha we could start a club ^^

It's just like how once a gay pastor came to our Winter Retreat. I was like, "HE's gay?" until he showed us the...questionable...pictures on the screen when he was giving his sermon and stuff. Ever heard of Christopher Yuan

Is it psychological? It must be genetic. Psychological? Genetic. Psychology? Genes.

Hm...
Philosoraptor_Light_Blue_large.jpg

EGKangaroo

Tail-bumps for all 'roolovers!
Years
I could totally imagine that. A gaydar gene XD. I also have a horrible time trying to figure out if somebody is gay or not (but that's because I am not a woman, and thusly do not ovulate).

Back