Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Advertise here

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Video Games
Notices

Video Games For non-Pokémon related game discussion. This area is for talking about computer and video gaming, from Nintendo to Sony, Microsoft to Sega, PC to Commodore.

View Poll Results: Is the white 3Ds XL too noticeable when playing the game?
Yes, incredibly. You should go for a black screen. 1 6.25%
Yeah, you should probably go for something else. 6 37.50%
Nah, it's fine. 9 56.25%
WHA- The white version is the best! 0 0%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old March 17th, 2012, 05:22 AM
Renyui!
mesc

Nature: Hasty

Advertise here
So I've been neglecting video games for a while now, due to a hefty chunk of my spare time being taken up by studies/anime. And I've only just realized it like 10 minutes ago, when I went to post in the 'What are you currently playing?' thread, and realized I didn't have anything to write about.

Would anyone care to suggest a new game for me to play? I'm into fighters, action/turn-based rpgs, action adventurers (i.e. zelda), and anime games predominantly lately, but I'm pretty much open to any suggestion.
monomonomania
playin': Don't Starve, Injustice: Gods Among Us
Old March 17th, 2012, 06:25 AM
SS01
#PoC Collab

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to SS01
Hey, can someone who's played the game tell me whether Super Street Fighter IV 3D edition is worth getting? I'm liking IGN's review, I just wanted to hear from somebody who's job isn't to find these thing's flaws. I don't care about graphics for the most part, I'm not able to go online at the moment, I like my games to last me a long time, I probably have someone to local with, and I don't want it to be too easy, either. I've never played a fighting game before, but it sounds like something I might like. Another note is that I have never played a console fighting game, or for that matter any fighting game, so I'm not gonna be comparing them or anything. Thanks!
Old March 17th, 2012, 06:35 AM
Cello
Tonight!

Nature: Jolly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renyui! View Post
So I've been neglecting video games for a while now, due to a hefty chunk of my spare time being taken up by studies/anime. And I've only just realized it like 10 minutes ago, when I went to post in the 'What are you currently playing?' thread, and realized I didn't have anything to write about.

Would anyone care to suggest a new game for me to play? I'm into fighters, action/turn-based rpgs, action adventurers (i.e. zelda), and anime games predominantly lately, but I'm pretty much open to any suggestion.
What systems do you have?
I have quite a few recently released games in mind for a lot of different consoles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinySearcher01 View Post
Hey, can someone who's played the game tell me whether Super Street Fighter IV 3D edition is worth getting? I'm liking IGN's review, I just wanted to hear from somebody who's job isn't to find these thing's flaws. I don't care about graphics for the most part, I'm not able to go online at the moment, I like my games to last me a long time, I probably have someone to local with, and I don't want it to be too easy, either. I've never played a fighting game before, but it sounds like something I might like. Thanks!
Street Fighter IV 3D was a pretty fun game, but it got a bit boring after awhile. This is mainly because fighting games bore me though, so if you're a fan of fighting games you might get far more enjoyment out of the game than I did.
If you played Street Fighter IV on another console and really enjoy it, then you'll probably enjoy 3D, as it's the same game really.

Like I said, it's a pretty fun game though. The control scheme is a little funky at first but they make it easier by using the touch screen if you have a hard time pulling off move through button combos. It's something you get used to after awhile though.
The 3D with it is pretty impressive, and the online makes for a pretty competitive 3DS game.
Yeah Football Fan!
Old March 17th, 2012, 02:01 PM
Renyui!
mesc

I have a 3/DS, Wii, 360, PSP, GB/C/A and PC.
monomonomania
Old March 17th, 2012, 02:46 PM
Cello
Tonight!

Lets see, 3DS doesn't really have much, but for DS there's Dragon Quest VI and IX, Chrono Trigger. DS has a lot of games, I just can't remember them off the top of my head. D:
GBA has Golden Sun 1 & 2 and Summon Knight Sword Craft Story.
Wii: Zelda: Skyward Sword, Monster Hunter Tri, Xenoblade Chronicles
360: Don't really play many 360 games
PSP: The Monster Hunter Series
PC: Risen and Kingdoms of Amalur are good Adventure RPGs, though they're not Anime type games, rather western RPGs like Elder Scrolls.
Yeah Football Fan!
Old March 20th, 2012, 02:02 PM
Outkin
OM*G PIKMIN 3!!!

Nature: Quirky
I want to find a new MMO to play. I was happy with WOW, but circumstances have forced me to stop playing it for a while. I'm sorry, but I'm a little picky....

I like RPGs and adventure the most (But other games may be fine, this is optional)I don't care if it browser based or installed (just no text based). My main issue is that I need distractions.....I don't like the standard Endgame stuff that involves getting groups, killing each other, or pointless grinds....I need other things to keep in interested, achievements, fun toys, etc. (I tried and quit star wars because of this)

I'm sorry if this is limits you too much, I'm thankful your even reading this, and if you can suggest anything that would be super . Thank you in advance either way!

Old March 20th, 2012, 02:22 PM
Cello
Tonight!

The unfortunate thing about MMOs these days is that nobody is really pushing the limits, rather they're just trying to follow the same formula that all MMOs do (A.K.A The WoW formula) as an attempt to play it safe.

The only game that I can think of that has a meaningful adventure/questing is Runescape, but unfortunately it has the boring point-and-click game play since it's browser based.

For a free option that has unique game play I would suggest Dragons Nest, but it's kind of a grind-ey dungeon crawler. Same as Vindictus.

Some popular P2P options that are pretty good imo are RIFT and Star Wars the Old Republic, but they're not really pushing the limits, as said.
RIFT being my choice between the two.

Hope that helps.
You can always check out MMOSites for more choices:
http://www.mmosite.com/
Yeah Football Fan!
Old March 23rd, 2012, 05:59 PM
Joshawott
Booted out - don't be like me!

Nature: Brave
I have been playing Tales of the Abyss slowly but steadily since its North American launch and have been having some minor issues with the combat system. It's not that it's bad (believe me, it's anything but that), but rather that I cannot understand how to use FOF artes.

I really don't understand what to do when I see those rings on the ground. I thought you were supposed to run inside one of them and cast an arte of the same type, but it almost never works when I try that. Any other combat tips would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Old March 23rd, 2012, 09:42 PM
Cherrim
the blossom pokémon

Nature: Relaxed
You don't cast an arte that is the same as the FoF. Each arte that can be altered only works in a specific FoF. If you check the arte in your menu, it should say at the bottom what it turns into when cast in a FoF and the little element icon next to it says what type of FoF it needs to be cast in. For example, I believe Jade's Stalagmite (ground) becomes Eruption (fire) when cast in a Fire FoF. But his Thunder Lance (wind) becomes Lightning Tempest (also wind) when cast in a Wind FoF, so it's not always completely different. It just depends on the arte.

Also, you can only use the altered artes when cast in a FoF that is actually glowing, rather than the white ones. To convert a white one to a glowing/powered one, cast an arte of the same element while in it. I think. (It's... been a long time since I played.)

I don't know if this belongs in the Quick Question thread or not...

previously known as lightning.
tumblrtwitter

Old March 30th, 2012, 06:25 PM
.MiKeY
Rabid Knight

Nature: Calm
I doubt I get any responses to this, but I need a good support monster for Dragon Quest Monsters Joker 2, any suggestions? I have a healer and a glass cannon monster, just need something that will buff my glass cannon.
Old April 2nd, 2012, 09:24 AM
register
Beginning Trainer

What game should i play thai si like pokemon
Old April 2nd, 2012, 06:41 PM
Palkiacatcher
Beginning Trainer

Does anyone know where I can buy retro games? I've tried local pawn shops (and failed with them), thrift stores, and the flea market and idk where else to look! I've been searching the web for local video game stores but I can only find gamestop near me! So this is kind of a 2 part question. How can I find local shops that sell retro games in ways other than the internet? and Where are the best kind of shops to look for these kinds of games.

Btw, I am mostly looking for old GB/GBC games and systems and I can't seem to find them anywhere!

Also, try not to tell me to look online or at least on ebay/amazon because I've looked there and the prices are too much for me Dx.

Check my thread out!
Shinies+Events and Soon to be Flawless pokes!

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=251416

Soul Silver FC: 5200 3084 8354
for 4G trades
Old April 2nd, 2012, 07:42 PM
Team Fail
The fine line between in|sanity
Community Supporter

Nature: Brave
You've pretty much exhausted any place I'd recommend. Unless you haven't tried all local locations, but perhaps look in your local phone directory and see what shops there are. Most older games are sold in pawn shops, flea markets, garage sales, online, or at some game stores that deal with used games.

Pairs:
Kevin, Echidna
Follow me on Twitter! @TeamFail
Alt 1, リザードン
Miiverse
Pokémon Hackers Online
Alt 2: Jack Cayman

[04:20.39] <@GoGo> I WILL INSERT WITH PLEASURE
[04:20.45] <@GoGo> shut it Bela

[05:41.55] <Team_Fail> Blue Spider is interesting, but #MEHMasterRace
[05:42.20] <diegoisawesome> Team_Fail: Sounds like a bunch of unmotivated people that still want to try to take over the world
Old April 4th, 2012, 12:03 PM
Dying Light
Pegasus Knight

Nature: Hardy
I believe this is the correct place to post. Hopefully I'm not mistaken. Anyway, can someone please tell me if the Nintendo DS Lite's touchscreen will fit the Nintendo DSi? I need a replacement, and I can't find a reliable source as to where I can get one (no, I will not have Nintendo themselves repair it, as they charge $75). I found a DS Lite screen on Amazon for $1. I figure, even if it doesn't work, it's not much money wasted. However, I would like to know if it will fit and work with my DSi. Better yet, if anyone can tell me where I could buy a new touchscreen FOR the DSi that is a reliable, reputable source?
None

“Our only limits are the ones we place on ourselves.”
Old April 12th, 2012, 02:02 PM
SS01
#PoC Collab

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to SS01
@Above I strongly doubt it, but not sure.

Here, asking this on behalf of a friend, I need you smart people to help me on this:

"Also, my 3DS behaved oddly last night, if anyone can explain, I'd be grateful!

So, I turn it on with the wireless switch active, and when I SR over a Kyurem on Pokemon White the screen just crashes at the white screen. No Pokemon White Logo or anything, just the white screen immediately after SRing won't move.
I tried it 5 or 6 times, powered the system off, it still did it.
So I put Pokemon Platinum in there, and as soon as I select my save file, it comes up with that blue screen and the Communications Error message, that you get when you switch off your DS mid-trade.
I turned off the Wireless switch, but because of the c-gear and how I just press "yes", though it works now, it makes SRs a lot longer. Anyone have a clue?"

Thanks to any help!
Old April 28th, 2012, 03:10 PM
Renyui!
mesc

So I bought a new macbook pro yesterday, and I've found myself pretty limited gaming wise. Is there anyway around these limitations, or can anyone suggest any good pc games that are on mac as well?

----

Workin' on my backlog tonight. Out of these three games, which would you guys suggest for me to work on/maybe finish over the weekend? (note. i have a 5 day weekend due to my study break. so i have a lot of spare time. woo.)

Kingdom Hearts: BBS
No More Heroes
Majin and the Forsaken Kingdom
monomonomania

Last edited by Alinthea; May 11th, 2012 at 03:03 AM.
Old May 11th, 2012, 03:03 AM
Alinthea
James Sunderland
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
Quote:
So I bought a new macbook pro yesterday, and I've found myself pretty limited gaming wise. Is there anyway around these limitations, or can anyone suggest any good pc games that are on mac as well?
If you wish, you could just download steam and have a look. Or, you could bootcamp Windows onto it if you really wanted to play some Windows games! :)
Quote:
Workin' on my backlog tonight. Out of these three games, which would you guys suggest for me to work on/maybe finish over the weekend? (note. i have a 5 day weekend due to my study break. so i have a lot of spare time. woo.)

Kingdom Hearts: BBS
No More Heroes
Majin and the Forsaken Kingdom
I think No More Heroes would be a good one to go with.
Old May 24th, 2012, 12:12 AM
PetalDanceD

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to PetalDanceD
I think i would go close to holding that tag, I only last night bought a Playstation 3 (160gb) over buying Pokemon cards this week and I am wondering what are some good games that are around atm.

I got Killzone 2 and GT5 with the console for $345 with free shipping and I bought WWE '12 seperately. I usually am into sports game but I wouldn't mind expanding my horizons to different genres.

So any game reviews or referrals?.

Thanks
In a quest to capture the entire first series of the trading card game then going for the 1st edition rocket series .
Old May 24th, 2012, 12:18 AM
YungKnowledge
Kigo & Jori Shipper

I don't own a PS3 but I have played and watched Let's Play for Midnight Club 3 Dub Edition. Its a pretty good racing game.

Old May 24th, 2012, 12:30 AM
Alinthea
James Sunderland
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
Quote:
Originally Posted by ftp44 View Post
I think i would go close to holding that tag, I only last night bought a Playstation 3 (160gb) over buying Pokemon cards this week and I am wondering what are some good games that are around atm.

I got Killzone 2 and GT5 with the console for $345 with free shipping and I bought WWE '12 seperately. I usually am into sports game but I wouldn't mind expanding my horizons to different genres.

Thanks
Sports games:
-FIFA '12
-F1 2011

Other notable games:
-Silent Hill HD Collection
-ICO HD Collection
-Infamous 1+2
-Metal Gear Solid series
-Tales of Grace
-Journey

That should sort you out for a while! :P
Old May 24th, 2012, 05:22 AM
ShadowE
-Insert fancy title here-
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ftp44 View Post

Thanks

I would say FIFA 12 and Midnight Club LA, as both of them are good games. (i played them myself on ps3 aswell, but i dont own FIFA 12)
Old May 24th, 2012, 03:32 PM
Cherrim
the blossom pokémon

Don't forget Little Big Planet. The second one is better, so if you can only get one of them, go for that one... but otherwise I'd pick them both up. They're lots of fun and a must-have for anyone with a PS3.

previously known as lightning.
tumblrtwitter

Old May 26th, 2012, 06:15 AM
ShadowE
-Insert fancy title here-
Community Supporter

Okay, im looking for 1 person for Black Ops Zombies , as most online are too greedy or selfish and all my friends are addicted to MW3...

this request is for PS3 though, PSN is puck22...
Old May 28th, 2012, 03:15 AM
Wings Don't Cry
Maybe she's born with it
Community Supporter Tier 1

Nature: Naive
So I finally got myself a 3DS and I don't know what games I should get. It came with four simulation games that I plan to trade in since EBGames seems to highly value those games.

I believe I'll get that new Kingdom Hearts game and possibly that Final Fantasy rhythm game since I do like the Final Fantasy soundtracks. Along with any Harvest Moon title that I can find.

I tend to like the turn based RPGs like Golden Sun and Final Fantasy. Another genre I like is strategy games like FF:Tactics and Fire Emblem so I think I should give Pokemon Conquest a try unless someone has a reason why I shouldn't. Not too flash with platformers so don't recommend me any please.

So what games do you guys think I should add or drop from my list?

3DS Friend Code: 5155 - 3990 - 6891
Old May 28th, 2012, 01:32 PM
Mr Cat Dog
Everything Will Be OK

Your mileage may vary, but when Paper Mario eventually comes out, I'd certainly recommend it. My experience is only based on the GameCube and Wii versions, but I've always really enjoyed them as RPGs sprinkled with a little bit of platforming. The platforming elements don't really over-ride the RPG element, but you probably should be aware of it before going in.

That and Mario Kart 7. 'Cause that should just come with every 3DS.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here