The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Metal & Color Generation

Notices

Metal & Color Generation Take a walk down memory lane with Red, Blue, and Yellow, the games that started it all! Then revisit the best region ever in the original Johto games, Gold, Silver, and Crystal.

Old April 1st, 2012, 11:40 AM
MarioManH
~Ruby is Omega~
Community Supporter

Nature: Jolly
Basicly like my one thread on what annoyed you the most in R/B/Y, now tell everyone what annoyed you the most in G/S/C!

I would have to say the Radio Tower, it got boring practically battling the same Pokemon over and over again.

3DS FC -
0361-6894-4238
My name for my 3DS is CookieS. and my Y name is Hunter, just so you know who to trade with!

Old April 1st, 2012, 11:56 AM
ShinyUmbreon189
F U C K PC! WAY TOO STRICT!

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via AIM to ShinyUmbreon189
There wasn't really anything "annoying" in g/s/c but I agree with the radio tower, Team Rocket really need to vary their Pokemon instead of having teams full of Rattatas, Koffing, and Zubat, I mean come on! Also the Tin Tower trying to get to Ho-Oh was kind of annoying. Last thing that was annoying would have to be your rival. He wasn't even worth battling he just spammed status inflicters and stat reducers.
Old April 1st, 2012, 02:44 PM
Joshawott
Booted out - don't be like me!

Nature: Brave
Definitely that room with the three switches. It was just so... tough!
Old April 2nd, 2012, 09:32 AM
RedJ
[*TRUMPETS INTENSIFY*]

Nature: Quiet
Ice Path.

Just...Ice Path.

Old April 2nd, 2012, 09:37 AM
Huggie
Mewtwo lover :3

Nature: Gentle
Radio tower by far....the first time I played crystal I had managed to defeat team rocket in mahogany town and then proceded to Blackthorn but that annoying guy in front of the den wouldn't let me pass and it took me ages to find what I was missing! Which I finally discovered completely by luck, when I returned to goldenrod for a pokemon in the day care..

Old April 3rd, 2012, 07:42 AM
Zertinan
Beginning Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Zertinan
I didn't really care for the Rocket Base in Mahogany Town. I preferred the Radio Tower over it simply because of the background music.
Old April 3rd, 2012, 08:06 AM
Arcan3
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huggie View Post
Radio tower by far....the first time I played crystal I had managed to defeat team rocket in mahogany town and then proceded to Blackthorn but that annoying guy in front of the den wouldn't let me pass and it took me ages to find what I was missing! Which I finally discovered completely by luck, when I returned to goldenrod for a pokemon in the day care..

Haha, same here! That guy annoyed me soooooooo much.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old April 3rd, 2012, 10:37 AM
RioluLux
Beginning Trainer

Tin tower it took me a long time to get through it to get to Ho-Oh i always kept reaching a dead end and without a walkthrough it was really tough :o
Old April 3rd, 2012, 11:19 AM
Arcan3
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RioluLux View Post
Tin tower it took me a long time to get through it to get to Ho-Oh i always kept reaching a dead end and without a walkthrough it was really tough :o
For tin tower i took the fun out of it and searched a walk through haha

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old April 3rd, 2012, 11:30 AM
AWsquared
It's another wolf bite.
Community Supporter

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Skype™ to AWsquared
Radio Tower I don't know about you guys but it was alot less annoying in HGSS. Same for the Tin Tower getting to Ho-Oh was annoying at least in HGSS they made it a bit more fun with those ramp things (but still very annoying to navigate)

Mega Sceptile and Treecko for life yo.
DeviantArt |Tumblr | Art Gallery| Ask Me Stuff |Paired to | Avatar source:[x]
Old April 3rd, 2012, 12:32 PM
Jorgomli

Nature: Lonely
UGH, Crystal. The fact that I missed my only chance to catch Suicune. I hadn't saved in a long time, so I couldn't start over, and I don't think I had any pokeballs, or I ran out or something. Idk, too long ago. Still sucks and brings back horrible memories of the only legendary I didn't get to catch. ):
Old April 3rd, 2012, 01:02 PM
arbok
cobra pokemon

But I loved the radio tower... The music was epic and it really felt like Team Rocket's assault, the part the game had been leading up to.

Most irritating was either the impossible Miltank or the amount of HMs needed to get Lugia. The Whirl islands as a whole just bothered me so much that I didn't even try to get Lugia sometimes.

Bulbasaur-Ivysaur-Venusaur
Ekans-Arbok
Zubat-Golbat-(with nat. dex)Crobat
Nidoran(M)-Nidorino-Nidoking
Gastly-Haunter-Gengar
Tentacool-Tentacruel
Old April 3rd, 2012, 05:20 PM
Nomine
サトセレ

Nature: Calm
The Radio Tower. Having to battle Zubat, Koffing, and others over and over again? It gets tiring after your... 13th(?) time through. Not to mention how many trainers you have to battle your way through. And going to the Pokémon Center back and forth battle after battle...

My Role-Playing Twitter Accounts follow!
Writer
Brock
Calem
Old April 3rd, 2012, 07:33 PM
ZeroCracked
Black Aura

Nature: Hasty
The part where you had to battle the Electrodes in the Generator, or whatever. I don't quite remember as my last time playing Crystal, I was like 9, and I haven't reached that part in my more current revisiting yet.

It was just so boring, with my overleveled Typhlosion just spamming Flame Wheel until they were KO'd.
Old April 4th, 2012, 02:12 AM
WasSollDas
Fighting / Psychic ROOLZ!

OK. I think you might think that I'm stupid, but the most annoying part in my Pokemon crystal was the fact that after I beat Bianca, I have to go see the "moving tree" (Suduwoodo), talk to the girl who tries to get the sprinkling can, go back to the city, get the sprinkling can, and then FINALLY battle Suduwoodo.

If you really think I'm stupid, the other annoying part was the 5th gym, where Primeape kept using double team. Yeah, that's more normal, I guess.

......What are you staring at?
Old April 4th, 2012, 09:31 AM
XtinaIsMeLuvinWWE

Nature: Quirky
Definitely the Ice Path for me haha When I was younger I always had to get my brother to do it for me
Old April 4th, 2012, 04:35 PM
Espuwott
ALL HAIL THE HELIX FOSSIL

Nature: Modest
Absolutely nothing. They are all perfect.
Old April 4th, 2012, 05:32 PM
The Sly Fox
Community Supporter

ICE PATH.

I had such a hard time going through ice path. Ugh, dont even talk about it...
Old April 4th, 2012, 06:05 PM
ZeroCracked
Black Aura

Ice Path wasn't all that hard for me. ._.
Old April 5th, 2012, 12:18 PM
Dayjtd
Beginning Trainer

The most annoying part of Silver wasn't actually a part of the game. I loved the entire thing. But what did annoy me was that I found my cartrage a few months ago and the data was deleted, and now it won't save any of my progress :/
Old April 5th, 2012, 01:50 PM
Timbjerr
Hero of the Blue Flame
Community Supporter

Nature: Timid
I'll be the odd one out and say Routes 40-41.

I have the compulsion to battle every swimmer I come across, so I end up spending about an hour of playtime alone in this one area, weaving my way around the Whirl Islands, and battling every single trainer and wild Tentacool/Mantine I see. Since I also have the compulsion to keep my pokémon evenly-levelled, I eventually have to rotate my Quilava and my Sandslash into the front lines against all these water-pokemon. My Quilava will eventually fall in battle and I have to swim all the way back to Olivine city or Cianwood City to get a heal and then come all the way back.

I don't even like doing this stretch of the game in HG/SS. D:

PokéCommunity Veteran Timbjerr

"We're not perfect. Sometimes our brains tell us one thing, while our emotions tell us another. And war... The more we try to avoid it, the worse it is when it comes to us."
Old April 5th, 2012, 06:52 PM
ZeroCracked
Black Aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dayjtd View Post
The most annoying part of Silver wasn't actually a part of the game. I loved the entire thing. But what did annoy me was that I found my cartrage a few months ago and the data was deleted, and now it won't save any of my progress :/
The internal battery ran out. I think you can open these things up and replace them though. Takes some specialized tools though. As for the batteries, I've seen 'em around in Wal-Mart and the like.
Old April 5th, 2012, 07:15 PM
bctincher15
blue eye + brown eye =awesome

I agree with Timjerr, I hate Route 40-41. I also have a tendency to battle every trainer. So I spend forever on these Routes training my Pokemon. I also agree with every one else about the radio tower, there are just too many Rattatas(and a few Raticates).

My wife and I share my PSN account.
Old April 5th, 2012, 10:55 PM
Seki
You idiot!

Nature: Jolly
The sea route from Olivine to Cianwood + 2 hours of that annoying surf music + my 5 year old mentality of the usage of repels is useless and its usage is for it to be sold to the Pokemart for its money= Pure torture.

VM | PM | MyAnimeList | Theme | Pairs | Previously
Old April 5th, 2012, 11:02 PM
Jorgomli

Nature: Lonely
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dayjtd View Post
I have a post in the Simple Q&A Thread stickied in this forum for any and everything you need to know about battery replacement in Gen I and II cartridges. Last page (Currently the last post, I believe.)

That's if you ARE looking to replace the battery. :D
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links