The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon Gaming Central

Notices

Pokémon Gaming Central For topics that aren't necessarily restricted to one game, Pokémon Gaming Central ranges from comparing and contrasting the differences in the gaming generations to discussing the gaming franchise as a whole.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old April 4th, 2012, 02:31 AM
WasSollDas
Fighting / Psychic ROOLZ!

I was about 7 or 8.....no wait. Could be earlier. My first game was Pokemon blue, and it was the best game I ever played, even until now. Sadly, I lost the cartridge before I beat the Elite four.

I really loved that game......T.T

......What are you staring at?
Old April 4th, 2012, 07:33 AM
RR☆Oresama
Why? Has someone died? (¬_¬;)

Nature: Lax
Send a message via Yahoo to RR☆Oresama
Well, go figure. I was 3 years old when I got a multi-cart in Hong Kong with Red and Blue. But I really only took the games seriously with Yellow, when I was 5 and named all my characters ASH. XD
Old April 4th, 2012, 08:15 AM
Zephele
✧ leave it to me!

I don't remember what year it was, but I first started out as an observer - I recall watching my brother playing his copy of Yellow, and finding it intriguing. Eventually, I got my own GBC and a copy of Blue (might have been a present, I really don't remember).

Though I think I didn't pay attention to Blue for very long, since Gen 2 was released soon after...
Old April 16th, 2012, 10:22 AM
AWsquared
It's another wolf bite.
Community Supporter

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Skype™ to AWsquared
I remember it better now.
It was in March of 2000. I've been a fan of the anime since 98 but I never played the games but really wanted to so I asked for a Gameboy Color and a Pokemon game for my birthday. Me and my brothers have birthdays a month apart from each other so my dad, mom , and my grandma took us shopping to get our gifts at the same time. My older brother and both got gameboys and Pokemon blue and Red. I took Pokemon Red and he picked Pokemon Blue. My little brother wanted a N64 but we my parents could afford it so they got him a Gameboy and Game and Watch Gallery 3 instead.

Mega Sceptile and Treecko for life yo.
DeviantArt |Tumblr | Art Gallery| Ask Me Stuff |Paired to | Avatar source:[x]
Old April 16th, 2012, 03:15 PM
blackmorale
風の行方

Nature: Timid
I think I was 8 when I first started playing Pokemon--Pokemon Yellow. We had it on those 50 games in 1 cartridges, and it was useless saving the game since... well, the game doesn't save at all.

I remember this one time when my siblings and I played ALL day without turning off our GameBoy. The farthest we reached was Saffron City, lol. When the time to sleep came, I was SO hesitant to switch off the unit, thinking I'll never be in this point in the game ever again.

Platinum FC: 0432 7933 2733
SS FC: 1936 6025 7297
Trade thread

I claimed these Pokémon:

Sprites: Bulbapedia

Old January 11th, 2013, 04:45 AM
nouchken

Nature: Calm
I've learned my English by trying to understand that "special dutch - frenchish like"
language (= english). By searching the meaning of different words and by learning my native language
at school I managed to learn the language by myself.

Oh yeah, back to the topic: My first two games were red and yellow. From that moment, it was one of the
games I really liked to play. (among others)

Last edited by nouchken; January 11th, 2013 at 04:48 AM. Reason: edited to get on-topic
Old January 11th, 2013, 05:01 AM
CourageHound
Trust & Courage. Nothing More

Nature: Relaxed
I first started playing pokemon during mid-late third gen. My first ever pokemon game was Mystery dungeon red rescue team. I loved that game soooo much~
Old January 11th, 2013, 11:28 AM
mozartm99

Nature: Lax
Not sure how old I was, but I was playing Emerald on my old GBA. I still play that game on my ds lite. It is definitely one of my favorite games, but I never did get that far.
Friendship dies and true love lies
Night will fall and dark will rise
when a good man goes to war
Demons run, but count the cost
the battle's won, but the child is lost.
Old January 11th, 2013, 12:59 PM
Kai™
Unhatched Egg

It was Pokemon yellow and I was 3. Couldn't read but me and my brother spent a long afternoon getting to Lavender Town. Sweet sweet childhood. Next memory of Pokemon is in 2003, with the Pokemon Colosseum advert on TV I remember begging for the GameCube bundle, but my mum couldn't afford it. The year after I got a tribal sp with both fire red and leaf green. I should thank my mother for the awesome childhood.

Sig made by Issac.
Old January 11th, 2013, 02:09 PM
SneakyEpicface11
PkMnMaster Ben

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Skype™ to SneakyEpicface11
I was about 2 or 3. My brothers showed me G/S, and I fell in love. I'm 12 now, and I understand Pokemon alot better. The first game that I actually played would be Sapphire.

"Go Rattata!" - Youngster Joey
Old January 11th, 2013, 03:31 PM
Jak
mother of challenges

Nature: Timid
This thread is so 2012.

Locked.

Sponsored Links