The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Clubs

Notices

Pokémon Clubs This forum is for those who wish to start a club within the community. This forum is for Pokémon clubs; Fan Clubs & Groups is for everything else.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old March 27th, 2012, 04:30 PM
jacktheninjadude
Beginning Trainer

[SIZE="a"]Yeah.. I guess he does tug on my cold heartstrings.. Poor alder.. Then again.. I think he should have been what Riley was in pokemon D/P/PL where they are in the game just not massive impact to the main plot.. I think he should have given you an axew egg or something too

And I think the champion should have been choosable like the order of the E4.. So you can choose any champ[/SIZE]
Old March 27th, 2012, 04:31 PM
psyanic
There's Something About Lamps

Nature: Bold
I'm betting the previous Champion just died a long time ago, or stepped down and wanted Alder to take his place? It seems like it happened a while ago, since Ghetsis remembers it and he's old, a bit older than Alder, but it's the same spectrum. That afro is hilarious. You can't take it seriously!

Maybe Alder just chocked when N came knocking on his door, the same with Ghetsis. He's just all talk, except the Tao Dragon would probably sweep his team to be honest.

And choosing a Champion sounds like a bad idea. You just battle in a certain order for the Elite Four, but it's not like you're choosing which one you want. They're still the same trainers, so the Champion should stay the same. Besides, who else would be Champion?
Old March 27th, 2012, 04:33 PM
jacktheninjadude
Beginning Trainer

[SIZE="a"]Alders hair is the business!![/SIZE]
Old March 27th, 2012, 04:40 PM
psyanic

Alder's got a mad do'. Still, the man needs a revamp. He looks too much like a guru.
Old March 27th, 2012, 04:44 PM
jacktheninjadude
Beginning Trainer

[SIZE="a"]Battling cynthia now..Oh.. I just learnt that cynthias eelectros knows flamethrower.. Poor steelix lol

Anyway I guess alders hair is wacky but what about Cynthia? And lance? Someone order from normal looking hair to alders the champions
So like.. Err..
1Gary
2..[/SIZE]
Old March 27th, 2012, 04:47 PM
Ephemeral Euphoria
Warrior Of The Abyss

Nature: Quiet
I still find it kind of odd that a level 52 Reshiram or Zekrom could beat a team of 6 level 75 to 77 Pokes so easily tbh, unless it was something along the lines of a Choice Specs boosted Blue Flare or Draco Meteor or Choice Band boosted Bolt Strike and Stone Edge by Reshiram and Zekrom respectively lol.

And yes Alder's hair is ridiculous, very ridiculous.

Steven's and Wallace's hair were normal for the most part though, and I'm sure Steelix can hang on thanks to Sturdy lol.
Old March 27th, 2012, 04:48 PM
psyanic

Even in Unova, Cynthia's still pretty insane. Her team is always stacked. I actually really like her hairstyle. It's nice and long and cute :3

Gary's and Lance's are almost the same, one just being a bit more up and less wavy as well as being shorter. Wallace had a beret, if that counts, but I think Alder is the only Champion with like ridiculous hair.

And I suppose Zekrom/Reshiram have that fear factor going for them. Other than that, yeah, Alder probably would have won.
Old March 27th, 2012, 04:55 PM
Ephemeral Euphoria
Warrior Of The Abyss

Nature: Quiet
Cynthia's hair is amazing. Enough said lol.

Alder on the other hand has been taking fashion advice from his Buffoulant now lol.
Old March 27th, 2012, 05:03 PM
jacktheninjadude
Beginning Trainer

[SIZE="a"]Now all I can see is bouffalant brushing alders hair..

I guess for me the strongest champion was either Gary or Cynthia

I DEFINATLEY remember losing to Gary more though.. I think that was partially because of my youth at the time and the fact that his strongest poke would always have a type matchup to your starter[/SIZE]
Old March 27th, 2012, 05:07 PM
psyanic

Haha! Buffoulant and fashion? I can see that happening with Alder. He probably doesn't care too much anyway.

Cynthia was a hard Champion. That's just all there is to it. No other Champion really gave me trouble.
Old March 27th, 2012, 05:13 PM
jacktheninjadude
Beginning Trainer

[SIZE="a"]I guess I've come a long way from using charizards wing attack to defeat grays blastiose..

And yeah.. I guess the champion should be a lot harder for us nerds.. Perhaps an ajustable level of difficulty?

I mean asides" shift" and "set" battle style[/SIZE]
Old March 27th, 2012, 05:14 PM
psyanic

Just making the games generally harder would be better. Having a difficulty would just be weird on a Pokemon game to be honest. Revamping teams here and there, now that's fun because now you have a challenge to face. And that's something new for in-game things. I think it would really make players think more, even if they're just casual.
Old March 27th, 2012, 05:20 PM
jacktheninjadude
Beginning Trainer

[SIZE="a"]You've go to remember though.. Pokemon has two audiences.. Kids.. And us.. The kids are In greater number.. Always will be.. So they will not make the games harder for the sheer fact that a ten year old should complete it.. So why not make everyone happy and have a level difficulty.. I mean even using nuzlocke is fairly easy.. What's wrong with upping a few of the champions stats? [/SIZE]
Old March 27th, 2012, 05:23 PM
psyanic

It shouldn't be too drastically hard so that they don't beat the game, but enough to provide an adequate challenge that will satisfy the older players. Sounds really ambiguous, but it's all in-game and in the end, you win.

Anyway, we're veering off topic. Back to Champions talk! I've been wondering why Wallace replaced Steven in Emerald as Champion... any ideas?
Old March 28th, 2012, 03:13 PM
miltankRancher
Mega Ampharos is the one.

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Yahoo to miltankRancher
woot I am back!

That's one thing I have no idea off. I mean, Wallace has not had any significant help in RS, except well, lead you to that cave. Yes, he is a capable Pokemon trainer, but Steven is more capable.

I am a Roleplayer

...and I am PROUD of it.
Lanistae Jacet [Lies of a Trainer]
Old March 28th, 2012, 03:19 PM
psyanic

I guess in a battle between the two, Wallace has the obvious advantage with all his Water-types with Steven having a lot of Ground/Rock types. But overall, Steven is most definitely more capable than him. He has a lot more of a balanced team, in my opinion, and he gave me more trouble than Wallace ever did.
Old March 28th, 2012, 03:29 PM
miltankRancher

If we would consider type advantage as the ONLY factor, Wallace would win of course, since he practically owns Cradily, Armaldo, Skarmory, Claydol, and Aggron with Hydro Pump/Surf/ Ice Beam. Only Metagross could resist them, type-wise. However, if we will consider everything, Steven is really more than capable. I mean, look how Metagross alone could sweep his team, barring Milotic and possibly Gyarados. Even Skarmory could lay waste to Steven's team.

I am a Roleplayer

...and I am PROUD of it.
Old March 28th, 2012, 03:44 PM
psyanic

Yeah, in the context of other media, Steven would kick Wallace's preppy ass. Metagross would take Milotic down with Earthquake or something, but with Gyarados it's like a stalemate. Anyway, Steven just seems stronger in a way. I've always seen Wallace as like a Contest Champion rather than with battle prowess.
Old March 28th, 2012, 04:02 PM
miltankRancher

Quote:
Originally Posted by psyanic View Post
I've always seen Wallace as like a Contest Champion rather than with battle prowess.
I agree with you here. Wallace would beat Steven in that, no doubt. Steven would not stand a chance. Or a little. But not enough to actually win the contest 50% of the time.

I am a Roleplayer

...and I am PROUD of it.
Old March 28th, 2012, 04:26 PM
psyanic

Steven would suck at contests. No, really, he likes battling and, guess what? Rocks! He's a rock collector and I found that really interesting about him. That interest really set him apart from the other Champions before, like Red and Blue and Lance. They were all about battling, but Steven looked like battling was second to rocks. He loved rocks and minerals and that really gave a stronger impression on me. The same with Wallace, except I don't like him as a Champion xD
Old April 5th, 2012, 10:45 AM
Cosmotone8
silhouette of the past

Location: Boston, MA, USA, Earth, Sun Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe
Nature: Careful
Quote:
Friend: Lance

Partner: Dragonite

Reason for joining group:
1. I respect battling the champions of the game.. I love that feeling of determination you get when battling somebody with so much to throw at you and not a great deal of trainers do that in the games..
2. Lance is my favorite partially because I love dragon types
3. Lance is by far the cooler looking guy (I'm looking at you alder with your poncho and I'm shaking my head)
Welcome! Sorry I have been unable to post here, just life battered me around a ton this week.

On the topic of the contests, I think Cynthia might stand a chance against wallace, maybe lance too, but not really anyone else.
But the more I try to move on, the more I feel alone
So I watch the summer stars to lead me home.

Old April 6th, 2012, 06:51 AM
The dragon tamer
Legendary Dragon Sage

Name:The dragon tamer/Draco

Friend:Lance

Partner: Dragonite

Reason for Joining:
The champions are supposed to be the most powerful trainers in the games and this means that their difficulty level is very high.This is the first reason I like them.I also like the way they battle and their overall role in the games.My favourite champion is Lance mostly because of my love and interest in Dragon-type pokemon.But I also like Cynthia because of her balanced team and her important role in the history of 4th generation games.

Who informed of the club (If needed):Nobody
Old April 6th, 2012, 06:56 AM
Cosmotone8
silhouette of the past

Location: Boston, MA, USA, Earth, Sun Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe
Nature: Careful
Welcome to the club! Hope you stay active and enjoy yourself here.
But the more I try to move on, the more I feel alone
So I watch the summer stars to lead me home.

Old April 6th, 2012, 07:46 AM
mineox100
Hey.

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to mineox100 Send a message via Skype™ to mineox100
Name: mineox100

Friend: Red

Partner: Pikachu

Reason for Joining: Red is one of the strongest trainers I know.

Who informed you of the club (If needed): Nobody
Old April 6th, 2012, 08:30 AM
The dragon tamer
Legendary Dragon Sage

In think that the champion that I had more fun battling is Cynthia because the first time I battled against her I didn't know anything about her team and that increased her difficulty level drastically.This battle was so intense that I had to put all my strategies in action so I can win.It was the best battle I have ever had!

As for the topic of the contests,I agree with Cosmotone8 that Cynthia would be a very good opponent for Wallace but especially Steven wouldn't stand a chance against him.His team is one of the best ones for battling but not for contests.
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links