The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio

Notices

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

Old April 4th, 2012, 10:30 AM
Sloo
Formerly Sllew

INTRODUCTION

This is technically my second hack, although my first hack was pretty bad and I didn't get very far in it. I've been working on this hack for over a year and a half, and it is now complete. I know it must seem completely out of the blue introducing this hack all of the sudden without having betas haha. It's certainly not the greatest hack out there but I am happy with how it turned out.

STORY

You are a young boy or girl who lives with your mom and brother in the small town of ALORA. Professor Oak has a lab there and the story starts basically just like the original fire red with getting your first pokemon and pokedex and so on. You soon find that your brother is involved with team rocket and drags you into trouble as well. He later convinces you to join them because, hey, they're not so bad... You must then work your way up through through the ranks and eventually lead team rocket. In the meantime, a couple of pokemon bent on world domination run wild and terrorize the population.

SCREENSHOTS

FEATURES

All Pokemon from the first 3 gens are available
Don't need to trade to evolve any Pokemon
Play on the side of team rocket
New gym leaders and elite 4
Gradually increasing difficulty
Roughly 30 hours of gameplay

BUGS

Inside caves and buildings the map won't show where you are correctly.
If you give your brother a name that isn't on the list it messes up his color palette just for the one screen when it goes back to his sprite.
The Exp. Share event doesn't work right for some people. HOPEFULLY FIXED NOW

Pokemon Locations
Excel file attached to end of this post.
(Drowzee/Hypno are only in the latest patch)

FAQ

I was defeated by the warden and can't get back in prison!
Spoiler:
Go talk to the policeman who is walking around underneath the Brox City gym.

Where can I get the evolution stones?
Spoiler:
You can buy them in the large mart located in Largas City.

What do I do for the second mission?
Spoiler:
Get a bike from Xero City, and go down to Elemis City through Reinbort Town. Once there you will find a female team rocket member who will tell you what to do for the mission. Once you finished that mission report back to her, and no need to go back to Giovanni.

Where can I find HM04 strength?
Spoiler:
After you defeat the gym leader in Largas City you can go through Destul Town and there will be a karate guy on Route 24 who gives you strength.

Where do I get rock smash?
Spoiler:
After you have defeated the Elite 4 you can talk to the scientist guy in Vino Town and he will give you rock smash.

Where is HM05 FLASH?
Spoiler:
You find flash hidden on a rock in Flash Cave which is between Elemis City and Ciprus Town

Where is fly?
Spoiler:
You get HM02 fly in Nemu Town. A girl in a building there gives it to you.

There's an old lady blocking the cave entrance on Route 42! How move her?
Spoiler:
She moves once you show this other old lady a Salamence. The lady who wants to see Salamence is in Ember Spa, and you can catch a Bagon in Victory Road.

Where do I get Exp. Share?
Spoiler:
You have to help a girl in a building in Largas City by delivering a letter for her. The boy you deliver the letter to should give you the Exp. Share.

CREDITS

I did all of the scripting, mapping, spriting, world map, and titlescreen. I will try to give credit to those whose tools I used though.

AdvanceMap
YAPE - Silver314
APE and A-Trainer - HackMew
NSE - Link12552
NTME - Diven-Trogh
unLZ.GBA
XSE - HackMew
diegoisawesome for his awesome XSE scripting tutorial
DawnRyder's titlescreen hacking tutorial
MikeMatt15 for his worldmap tutorial and template
And any other tutorial I used in the tutorials section.

DOWNLOAD
below
Attached Files
File Type: xls Fuligin_Pokemon_Locations.xls‎ (60.0 KB, 3662 views) (Save to Dropbox)
File Type: ips Pokemon Fuligin.ips‎ (455.7 KB, 6130 views) (Save to Dropbox)

Last edited by Sloo; February 5th, 2014 at 01:00 AM. Reason: Fixing Exp Share bug
Old April 4th, 2012, 05:03 PM
Big-Blue
Beginning Trainer

Wow, good job!
I really like the idea of playing on the side of Team Rocket, I'll test it the next days and see how it turns out. ^-^
Old April 4th, 2012, 05:31 PM
jstolze

Wow, a completed hack? Very nice, man. Congrats on finishing it.
Old April 4th, 2012, 05:48 PM
XXVIII
Romhacker Wannabe

Nature: Quiet
Wow a hack that is already complete. This kills the long waiting between beta to final release. I will play this after I'm finish with the one I'm playing now..
Congratulations and Good Luck!
Old April 4th, 2012, 06:50 PM
bigdonga
Unhatched Egg

Nature: Relaxed
Thanks for this mate, just downloading it now. Look forward to it :D
Old April 4th, 2012, 07:09 PM
Zetsubou Johnny

Nature: Bold
Holy Toledo, a hack out of the blue with an interesting storyline and most importantly it's complete! Giving this a try right now!
Old April 4th, 2012, 07:12 PM
Sloo
Formerly Sllew

Thanks guys!
Yeah, the way I made it was all the mapping first, then the story, then trainers and gym leaders, and sprites, then titlescreen and worldmap. So it seemed kind of weird to put out a beta like that.
Also I'm sorry if some of the text seems somewhat rushed lol.
Old April 4th, 2012, 09:20 PM
raghavendraxxx

i am downloading right now i will tell u how is the game but truly u have done a great job all the hackers should present their hacks like this most of them after releasing beta 1 stops and we disoppointed we wait fr years to update and in gba hack list there r 4 or 5 hacks r completed good work i hope this will keep me busy for few days
Old April 5th, 2012, 12:45 AM
Ultimo1991
Team Ultimo/Infinity Leader

Nature: Impish
Send a message via Skype™ to Ultimo1991
great work!! ive been waiting for awhile to play another hack where you get to be on the side of evil thx alot dude!

Owner and Creator of pokemon Infinity/Starlite/Galaxy
Pokemon Infinity recruiting if ya wish to help plz visit Team Ultimo team thread thx and i appreciate it:D
Old April 5th, 2012, 02:11 AM
Yun Deez
Pokemon playing God

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to Yun Deez
wow finally one thats complete!
Old April 5th, 2012, 03:22 AM
Zertinan
Beginning Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Zertinan
Excellent, a completed hack! Nicely done.
Old April 5th, 2012, 10:21 AM
Mochorro

The hack is good. I have just stolen the Old Amber. The only thing I saw odd was kicking and waking Zapdos up, it flees then...

There are also some ortography errors, most with capital letters, but the hack is fun. My team for now is Heracross, Venusaur, and Ampharos.
Old April 5th, 2012, 11:12 AM
XFeralTSDX
Beginning Trainer

This sounds like an amazing hack! I can't wait to try it out. I like some of the screenshots I see because of how the colors go. The purple flowers in the green and yellowy grassy routes and it's all just one hug to my vision. xD
Old April 5th, 2012, 11:13 AM
Sloo
Formerly Sllew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mochorro View Post
The hack is good. I have just stolen the Old Amber. The only thing I saw odd was kicking and waking Zapdos up, it flees then...

There are also some ortography errors, most with capital letters, but the hack is fun. My team for now is Heracross, Venusaur, and Ampharos.
Don't worry, you can find zapdos later
And I'm not sure what you mean about the orthography errors.
Old April 5th, 2012, 11:29 AM
teejermiester
Minnesotan, you betcha!

Nature: Rash
Dude, a finished hack is fantastic! How is it I've never seen you around before? You just a lurker?

I'll be sure to play this, though. Good luck in the future!

----------------------------
Beta 1 Coming Soon! ||||||||||
Old April 5th, 2012, 12:01 PM
Mochorro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sllew View Post
Don't worry, you can find zapdos later
And I'm not sure what you mean about the orthography errors.
I mean mostly capital letters in some Pokémon, when you talk to people, "rattata", or "tentacool", but it is not important.

Heracross is amazing, I was training a Mankey, but after finding Heracross, I changed them. Ampharos' Thunderbolt is deadly, and Venusaur is grat with Leech Seed and Sleep Powder.

When you enter the Victory Road for the first time, where the lv 17-18 Fire-types are, and go to the next route, I found a Karate expert with 5 Lv 60 Pokémon (The Hitmons, Machamp and Heracross) Luckily, he was silly, and I managed to use Leech Seed and Sleep Powder to beat them, with my Lv 34 Venusaur! Are you supposed to be able to battle such a strong trainer so early in the game?
Old April 5th, 2012, 12:01 PM
matheusinho09
Unhatched Egg

That's sounds awesome!!!

Lets play Fuligin!!!
I think that this Hack deserves a walkthrough...

Nice job man!
Old April 5th, 2012, 01:31 PM
dheeraj
Unhatched Egg

preety good hack, im enjoying it. just reached 2nd town fought my rival, and his level 7 dratini.
Old April 5th, 2012, 02:46 PM
pokelegend11
Unhatched Egg

Nature: Quiet
Great timing! i just finishe a hack and now i found this.......COMPLETED! definitely playin it
Old April 5th, 2012, 02:49 PM
CommanderX

I seem to be going in circles, so I'll ask here. Where do I find the Strength HM?
Old April 5th, 2012, 02:57 PM
Outkin
OM*G PIKMIN 3!!!

Nature: Quirky
Looks good, I'll be trying this out soon, heck, I'll do a Let's Play/Walkthough of it if someone hasn't beat me to it (and it's cool with you) Kudos for letting the player play the evil side for a change

Old April 5th, 2012, 03:07 PM
Sloo
Formerly Sllew

Quote:
Originally Posted by CommanderX View Post
I seem to be going in circles, so I'll ask here. Where do I find the Strength HM?
You'll get strength after you go through Destul town.
A karate man in the desert gives it to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mochorro View Post
I mean mostly capital letters in some Pokémon, when you talk to people, "rattata", or "tentacool", but it is not important.

Heracross is amazing, I was training a Mankey, but after finding Heracross, I changed them. Ampharos' Thunderbolt is deadly, and Venusaur is grat with Leech Seed and Sleep Powder.

When you enter the Victory Road for the first time, where the lv 17-18 Fire-types are, and go to the next route, I found a Karate expert with 5 Lv 60 Pokémon (The Hitmons, Machamp and Heracross) Luckily, he was silly, and I managed to use Leech Seed and Sleep Powder to beat them, with my Lv 34 Venusaur! Are you supposed to be able to battle such a strong trainer so early in the game?
Hmm that fire cave actually isnt victory road, its just a part of the cave i used that had the same name, and I couldn't get it to not show the name since it's a cave. But which route is this karate expert on?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outkin View Post
Looks good, I'll be trying this out soon, heck, I'll do a Let's Play/Walkthough of it if someone hasn't beat me to it (and it's cool with you) Kudos for letting the player play the evil side for a change
Yeah sure, anyone can do a walkthrough if they want.
Just try not to bash my game too much

Last edited by Sloo; April 5th, 2012 at 03:52 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old April 5th, 2012, 04:56 PM
Mintz
Beginning Trainer

Silew,

I like the hack a lot. The fire red nostalgia with some funny dialogue and obviously a new story.

However, I found a big issue. If you lose to the Warden (or likely anywhere on the ship) you get sent back to that city's Pokémon Center. At this point, I cannot get back on the ship. Fixes? or is this something intended?

Mintz
Old April 5th, 2012, 05:30 PM
Sloo
Formerly Sllew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mintz View Post
Silew,

I like the hack a lot. The fire red nostalgia with some funny dialogue and obviously a new story.

However, I found a big issue. If you lose to the Warden (or likely anywhere on the ship) you get sent back to that city's Pokémon Center. At this point, I cannot get back on the ship. Fixes? or is this something intended?

Mintz
Talk to one of the police officers who is walking around in the town and he will take you back to prison
Old April 5th, 2012, 05:35 PM
Al3X
Pokemon Fan

awesome game :d already beat it but i have a question

Do i have all the catchable legendaries?

Spoiler:
ho oh, lugia, zapdos, moltres, articuno
entei, raikou, suicune, mew, mewtwo, and deoxys

EDIT: Mew doesn't obey you

If i don't tell me which ones are missing

thanks

Last edited by Al3X; April 5th, 2012 at 05:42 PM.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links