• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

[Developing] Pokémon: Phoenix Rising

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Mar 1, 2014
Wow, this looks amazing!
I'm looking forward to play that version :)

Fraot

Researcher & Game Developer
Years
Dude, this game looks awesome.
However, there's something that bugs me, I've seen many things rolling in many games...
Your sprites from the protagonist are also in Pokémon Garnet(or were). Also, the starters from Pokémon Garnet were also in another fan game and... BAH! I'm confused, who made these things?

Echidna

i don't care what's in your hair
Years
Dude, this game looks awesome.
However, there's something that bugs me, I've seen many things rolling in many games...
Your sprites from the protagonist are also in Pokémon Garnet(or were). Also, the starters from Pokémon Garnet were also in another fan game and... BAH! I'm confused, who made these things?

Well, you see, the two most popular RMXP Pokemon games are Phoenix Rising and Garnet. Most of their work, as in updates and feedback, are on dArt. Blue Chrome is very popular too, but Luka is kinda discrete with his work.

Anyway, lots of people are on both the Phoenix Rising team, and the Garnet team. Also, Abnegation and Hydrargirium are friends, so you never know what one might give the other if he no longer needs it... It's quite confusing if you don't follow up on dA...

Fraot

Years
I wanted to give a guy all the graphics from my game but this is gonna make a huge confusion if I decide to resume the progress of my game.
I think one should make things exclusively for him/her self.

Getting back to this game. It's awesome and delicious to my sight. Keep up the good work.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023
It was either use them (as I personally loved them, I've even edited the characters) or let them be thrown in the bin. I've actually been using them longer than Garnet had been now too.

Reck

?????
Years
  • Age 28
  • Ohio
  • Seen Jul 22, 2016
Looks pretty nice I must say. The menu system is pretty cool, graphics seem good, and the story is great! I can't wait to try it.

Years
  • Seen Apr 8, 2012
It was either use them (as I personally loved them, I've even edited the characters) or let them be thrown in the bin. I've actually been using them longer than Garnet had been now too.

What if the two version actually could battle or trade via net or Bluetooth.. I don't know how you guys could pull it off. This games may even be more expensive than the new Black & White 2 if sold but that's against the law... maybe you could send a sample game to Nintendo maybe they might like it BUT they could reject it and make the game the basis of their next game.. This is Great :)

Echidna

i don't care what's in your hair
Years
What if the two version actually could battle or trade via net or Bluetooth..
I have to be honest, this idea is amazing! Love love love! Like you guys' own PokeGeneration :p
I don't know how you guys could pull it off. This games may even be more expensive than the new Black & White 2 if sold but that's against the law... maybe you could send a sample game to Nintendo maybe they might like it BUT they could reject it and make the game the basis of their next game.. This is Great :)
I'm pretty sure they already know of the games. Them Game Freaks(lol) ain't that stupid :)

Fraot

Years
What if the two version actually could battle or trade via net or Bluetooth.. I don't know how you guys could pull it off. This games may even be more expensive than the new Black & White 2 if sold but that's against the law... maybe you could send a sample game to Nintendo maybe they might like it BUT they could reject it and make the game the basis of their next game.. This is Great :)

Yeah, but they're japanese
2d7c300fe8c6b0149a7f
They will never do that because they are too proud of themselves and no person from the western part of the world would persuade them to do a pokémon game like that.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023
I'm going to be having online features via php & mysql. All you need is an internet connection and you'll be able to battle, trade and other features with others. Including a GTS. If you have any online features you would like to have added, let me know and I'll consider.

Years
  • Seen Dec 27, 2021
I'm going to be having online features via php & mysql. All you need is an internet connection and you'll be able to battle, trade and other features with others. Including a GTS. If you have any online features you would like to have added, let me know and I'll consider.

How do you plan to implement online battles?

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023
How do you plan to implement online battles?
By use of php & mySQL, along with a server to host them. I'll probably allow access through the Pokemon Center as usual. Most likely with the addition of a pal-pad for private room battles.

pokemaster4315

Pokemon Master Rygar
Years
I haven't had time to read this whole thread so i am gonna ask this one question. is this a pokemon fire red hack. as in i can play this on VBA (Visual Boy Advance)

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023
I haven't had time to read this whole thread so i am gonna ask this one question. is this a pokemon fire red hack. as in i can play this on VBA (Visual Boy Advance)
No. You're in the wrong section. You're thinking about ROM Hacking. This is a game, meaning it is played on the computer without an emulator, it will run as a standard .exe. As with all games in the Game Development section.

BareBones

The kids are all messed up.
Years
Incredibly impressed with this so far. I like the starter choice (possibly because of my massive love for Growlithe) and I like the 'cards' theme for the antagonists. The sprites look good, as do the screenshots!

Whilst I have only skimmed it, the story and history looks very promising. You've put a lot of thought into it and taken no shortcuts which is nothing but a good sign!

However, I have a question! You say the guardians/oracles will be in random locations and that you should listen to the locals to find them. I have no objections to having them out of gyms and not being in immediately obvious locations, in fact I look forward to this specifically, but I wonder if that won't be a bit tiresome if they're incredibly far away?

I eagerly await a chance to play this.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jun 9, 2023
The screenshots are so good. I'm really impressed by your work and hoping we'll have the chance to play it soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back