Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Official Forums > Community Announcements
Notices

Community Announcements Sometimes interesting things happen... it'd be a shame for you to miss them. Check here for new events and changes big and small around the community.

Closed Thread

Old March 15th, 2012, 12:21 AM
Rukario

Nature: Adamant
Hello Poképeeps!

Last year a group of gaming enthusiasts played Pokémon for 96 hours solid for the Japanese Tsunami Fund run by British Red Cross. They managed to raise £4000. The idea was that people would donate for various things such as naming a Pokémon they caught, for other actions they carried out in the game and things for them to do in real life (ie eating fish fingers and custard). This was a really popular format which meant that they'd constantly be interacting with their viewers and above all, was a lot of fun.

This year they're doing the event again, operating under the official fundraising name 'Full Restore'. This time round they're trying to raise £8000 for The British Red Cross Disaster Fund. This is where you can help. Have a look at the event trailer here:

http://youtu.be/pkUswYSD9HQ

Please, if you can get the time, share this trailer with as many people as you know. The more people who see it, the more people watch their stream, the more people who watch their stream, the more money we can make for a really good cause.

Their main website is http://fullrestore.co.uk/
Here you can find out more info about them, watch the feed when it goes live from 3rd April and donate any money you can spare. If you can't donate or if you're just not that interested, please just pass on the website link to anyone you think will be.

Hopefully see you in the chat when they go live.
- Rukario -

Twinned with Jedi_Amara | Paired with Your Name Here | Lil Sis Kimi-Chan | Sig

Old March 15th, 2012, 10:44 AM
fenyx4
X does Y WITH AUTHORITY!

Nature: Timid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rukario View Post
Hello Poképeeps!

Last year a group of gaming enthusiasts played Pokémon for 96 hours solid for the Japanese Tsunami Fund run by British Red Cross. They managed to raise £4000. The idea was that people would donate for various things such as naming a Pokémon they caught, for other actions they carried out in the game and things for them to do in real life (ie eating fish fingers and custard). This was a really popular format which meant that they'd constantly be interacting with their viewers and above all, was a lot of fun.

This year they're doing the event again, operating under the official fundraising name 'Full Restore'. This time round they're trying to raise £8000 for The British Red Cross Disaster Fund. This is where you can help. Have a look at the event trailer here:

http://youtu.be/pkUswYSD9HQ

Please, if you can get the time, share this trailer with as many people as you know. The more people who see it, the more people watch their stream, the more people who watch their stream, the more money we can make for a really good cause.

Their main website is http://fullrestore.co.uk/
Here you can find out more info about them, watch the feed when it goes live from 3rd April and donate any money you can spare. If you can't donate or if you're just not that interested, please just pass on the website link to anyone you think will be.

Hopefully see you in the chat when they go live.
I remember watching a marathon like this last year; I'm not sure if it was the same group (it probably was, as the concept described above is/was very similar). They went from Generation 1 to Generation 3... It was freaking hilarious, especially with a literal Magikarp vs. Magikarp "Splash" battle and people sending in donations so they could request a song for everyone in the livestream to sing aloud. They also posted pictures on Facebook afterwards to help commemorate the event. I'm hoping we could get a YouTube archive of the event, so it could double as a kind of Let's Play as well (although the video length would probably be absurdly long).

One of the Elite 4/Champion battles (either in Generation 1 or 2) was very tense; I remember them thinking that the whole Pokemon party had fainted, only to discover a Pokemon (Magikarp?) that just so happened to have an extremely low amount of HP left, to the point where if you quickly glanced at the Pokemon party screen, you would've thought the Pokemon in question had fainted because you could barely see what was left in the HP bar.

I love their official fundraiser name, and I will do my best to pass on the trailer of the event to other people. I believe the last event was very successful and excellent, and I hope that the feat is even surpassed this year so that those afflicted with troubles can be greatly assisted in their recovery.

Good luck to Full Restore, and I'm hoping that I can tune in when the time comes around. :cer_nod:

EDIT: Upon watching the aforementioned awesome trailer, I can confirm that it's the same group I watched last year. I distinctly remember the names of the epic Magikarp (srsly) and the GSC Red/Shiny "Lake of Rage" Gyarados that were used in last year's event. :cer_laugh:
[2011 HIATUS] Will be on PokeCommunity intermittently in 2012 2013 2014.
Visit the Crowning Remix of Awesome HERE and HERE
Old March 15th, 2012, 11:40 AM
kelario27
20% Cooler
Community Supporter

Nature: Serious
Send a message via Skype™ to kelario27
@Full Restore: Good luck, and just by the way, aren't you Respawn Point?

@Rukario: Nice DW reference.
Old March 15th, 2012, 03:39 PM
EscapeTheory
Beginning Trainer

I'm Kelly from the Full Restore team. Thank you so much for putting this topic up here Rukario.

Fenyx4 - That was a really lovely comment. I read it aloud for everyone else to hear and we all had a nice ole grinfest at it. :D

Kelario 27 - Nope, we were pokemon4japan last year and Full Restore this year.

Last edited by EscapeTheory; March 15th, 2012 at 03:48 PM.
Old March 16th, 2012, 09:26 AM
fenyx4
X does Y WITH AUTHORITY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EscapeTheory View Post
I'm Kelly from the Full Restore team. Thank you so much for putting this topic up here Rukario.

Fenyx4 - That was a really lovely comment. I read it aloud for everyone else to hear and we all had a nice ole grinfest at it. :D

Kelario 27 - Nope, we were pokemon4japan last year and Full Restore this year.
0_0 Whoa...thank you for the kind remark, Kelly; I'm glad you enjoyed it! I'm surprised that I'm able to interact with you guys here on PokeCommunity, even; I thought I'd hardly ever manage to reach/contact you all to express how much I enjoyed last year's event! :cer_laugh:
I had viewed the chat during Pokemon4Japan but was unable to post anything as I didn't have an account (on USTREAM, IIRC) at the time. I might make one this year for Full Restore's charity event to contribute to discussion in the chat (and Full Restore's events will probably be the only reason I use such an account XD).

For anyone else who would like an idea/example of what the event is like, here's a video from Ben's channel (who belongs to the Full Restore Team) detailing the "Alice Pond & Pikachu vs. Brock" battle, also featuring the chat that was ongoing at the time:

And below are examples of the "singing requests via donations" I had mentioned before. The "Be A Man" one brings back memories:

Spoiler:

Also, I can't believe I forgot about Hammy the Clefable from last year (possibly one of the coolest Clefable of all time) >.<
Old March 28th, 2012, 03:57 PM
samurott1
Unhatched Egg

[SIZE="a"]Wow! 96 hours of Pokemon woooooooooow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/SIZE]
Old April 3rd, 2012, 10:52 AM
Shadowfaith
Destined for something more...

Nature: Relaxed
Fullrestore are now live! Check 'em out at: http://fullrestore.co.uk/ !!! =D
Old April 5th, 2012, 12:09 PM
fenyx4
X does Y WITH AUTHORITY!

I'm surprised that they managed to already complete Blue Version by the time I tuned in earlier this morning. XD They're going through Emerald Version now, and currently have 2 badges.

I'm hoping that they would be able to post a YouTube video documenting the whole 96-hour marathon, because I won't have computer access for the rest of the event. :cer_cry: And it's (currently) my favorite Pokemon game, too; I would have loved to see the Elite 4/Champion challenges...

Continue to spread the word if you can, everyone! I managed to help contribute a Bulbanews article, but I'm hoping that other sites can get wind of the fundraiser as well.
Old April 6th, 2012, 10:28 AM
Shadowfaith
Destined for something more...

Nature: Relaxed
Live stream happening now! http://fullrestore.co.uk. Wanna see a person eat a table spoon of Cinnamon and watch another do Carameldansen? This is the place to tune in to! =D
Old April 6th, 2012, 04:04 PM
pansear
Beginning Trainer

Pokemon for 96 hours? Wow. Good on!!!!!!!!!!! If I had the money, dude, I would totally do that. :-D

Sam
Old April 14th, 2012, 03:37 PM
vryannn
Beginning Trainer

Same here, I'd do that too!
http://pokemongamez.com/
Old April 30th, 2012, 03:06 PM
GlaciaFox
A wandering Elite Glaceon

Nature: Quiet
thats awesome! i played that much b4 too XD
mind me. Im just A favorite PkMn user. also, a mega glaceon lover.~♡ X3

I do trades and gifting. Ask for more info.

I play tournaments IGN Tenshi♡(ss&black), Sahra(white) or Angel(ss)
my FC for Soul silver 4341-6764-0499(i finally found my game+ this is my main version i use to trade or play)
FC for Black: 3955 1930 3096 IGN: Tenshi♡
Versions i use: black, white, soulsilver, & platinum

Pokemontcg username:Ace_Glacia

Our Hearts are tainted only by our own hands.
Old May 16th, 2012, 02:59 PM
AtemAndrew
Pokemon Expert

Nature: Quirky
This event appears LOVELY... however, where, exactly, is this event showcased? Anyone happen to know? Perhaps I should check out the site... or maybe I just didn't read the thread close enough.
'Allo, you may adress me as Lord AtemAndrew. That's L-O-R-D, A-T-E-M, A-N-D-R-E-W. Got that memmorized? Good, because I'm one helluva pokemon expert.

Also, the card depicts but one of my teams... all fully owned, I assure you.
Old May 17th, 2012, 08:31 AM
Olli
I wanna see you be brave
Community Supporter

This event ended in early April, so you're a bit late to the show. I don't think it's showcased anywhere, unless one of the viewers recorded it, in which case it would probably not be that much that was recorded, since I don't think any of the viewers stayed up during everything xD
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links