• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

Silver hack: Pokémon Dark Energy - Beta 5 Released

Years
  • Seen Aug 18, 2012
Man, the amount of scripting and ASM knowledge this must take....I can tell you're very, very talented.

I'm really looking forward to the full release; the screenshots are extremely impressive. I'll probably run a Nuzlocke of it, actually! :)

miksy91

Dark Energy is back in action! ;)
Years
Whoa, looking good as always mate! I'm really impressed by how well this is coming along, and all the creative features you've been adding in. I'm really curious to explore these places more fully. Very well done!
Great to hear, especially from you :)

Man, the amount of scripting and ASM knowledge this must take....I can tell you're very, very talented.

I'm really looking forward to the full release; the screenshots are extremely impressive. I'll probably run a Nuzlocke of it, actually! :)
Actually, only a very small amount of it is assembly because the scripting codes for loading all that "A, B, C..., OK" stuff point to things that need to be written in hex. I needed assembly to define whether the code that you entered was right though.

Thanks for very positive comments though :)
However, I'm not sure if you can "Nuzlocke" through the game or not. There are certain pokemon you can't release (including your starter) and besides, those pokemon must be in party to go through some special events. If it doesn't matter if you just keep them in your party and do absolutely nothing with them, it should be possible but I still don't know yet.

About updates, nothing to be shown today - I'll probably upload a mapshot of Area 116 in "Map Rating" thread so check it out if you feel like it.

Progress
Beta 3.0 ~80% complete.
The places are in the order they are gone through in the game.

Spoiler:

And there will likely be lots of other stuff to be seen too so it will still take a little while for me to get the next release up but I'm trying to best I can to keep my followers entertained ;)

Years
  • Seen Dec 31, 2023
I am loving the game and can't wait till the next release but I have a question and was wondering if it would be possible to help me out?
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Aug 8, 2016
This is amazing, it puts all your other hacks to shame. I really hope you end up finishing this. One thing that I think would make this game look much more unique is if you changed the sprites for the trees. It would make it look like less of a hack and more like a new Pokemon game. That's just what I think though, you are the master hacker.

Years
  • Seen Dec 1, 2019
finally we can play as Gary!
I'll be watching this thread, can't wait for the next beta.
btw i think you should add running shoes feature on your hack since GSC didn't, it would be awesome^^

miksy91

Years
this hack looks awesome! can't wait to play
Thanks!

This is amazing, it puts all your other hacks to shame. I really hope you end up finishing this. One thing that I think would make this game look much more unique is if you changed the sprites for the trees. It would make it look like less of a hack and more like a new Pokemon game. That's just what I think though, you are the master hacker.
Let's just say I haven't planned to quit this ;)

It's possible that some of the in-game graphics are edited later but for now, I've got nobody to do the job for me and I'm terrible at graphical work myself. I'd like to have new graphics myself too if they were well-made though :)

By the way, glad to hear you appriciate my work!

finally we can play as Gary!
I'll be watching this thread, can't wait for the next beta.
btw i think you should add running shoes feature on your hack since GSC didn't, it would be awesome^^
Actually, the main hero wasn't intended to look like Gary but he turned that way anyhow. I prefer calling him "Cactus" myself.

To add running shoes in the hack, I'd have to edit the script in The Capital in which you get Bicycle because then that item wouldn't be obtainable. That's not a problem though.
Then again, I'd feel like I was stealing KBM's hard work if I added running shoes into this hack because of the brilliant coding he's done - even if I gave him credit for it. I can't say anything more about it yet though. Sure running shoes is a cool addition but if I added it, I might want to find out a way myself that's different from his example.

Progress update

I've pretty much decided the places that are going to be accessable in Beta 3. You'll be able to visit Milky Village, Argent Warehouse and (Brightbulb City ?) among all the routes and other special areas between them. It may not sound that much but Beta 3 will actually be almost twice as big as Beta 2 was.

To finish Beta 3, I've still got to complete the Western Lake and Deep Cavern, create Brigthbulb City from scratch and a couple of new events for some of the places of Beta 2.

It's still a long way to go but then again, I've gotten quite far already. It's impossible to say anything about release dates yet but I'd assume that you'll get to play it before summer time comes.

miksy91

Years
I recorded another video, this time about a thievery in The Capital.
Enjoy (and don't forget to post feedback) !

miksy91

Years
Thanks to reaching the limit of 20,000 viewers guys!
Now, on to the replies...

Looking good! Pretty neat idea. Looking forward to seeing the rest of it. I always thought the burglars had more potential than just hiding out in rocket bases and being fire trainers in Blaine's Gym (where they made no sense).
Thanks and so true with what you pointed out in that message.

That burglar thing is really great!
Can't wait to see what you come up with next.
Thanks! There are lots of neat things I haven't shown (and intend not to even show) ;)

Great progress so far very impressive
I like how it's turning out myself too :)

Anyway, I finished Western Lake already a couple of days ago and only things yet to be done before releasing Beta 3 is to create Brightbulb City from scratch (there is going to be heck of a lot of stuff going on there so it's not going to be any one-day job) and do some beta-testing. However, I don't have much time to spend on hacking now so it's going to take some time but I'll be posting updates every once in a while so stay tuned!

Years
Correction: Gary is the anime doppleganger for Blue, like how Ash is the anime doppleganger for Red. Pokemon GSC/HGSS even confirm this when you battle them at Viridian Gym and Mt. Silver Cave. So basically Blue is who you're talking about not Gary otherwise you'd be talking about the anime. Also the reason why there are Burglars in Cinnibar Mansion and Goldenrod Tunnel (place Silver is battled at during Radio Tower takeover) actually do make since. Cinnibar Mansion is a burned down mansion and Burglars are there to steal what's leftover. Because there speciallty is Fire they appear in Cinnibar Gym, even though there are Channelers in Saffron Gym and Jugglers in Fuchsia Gym, but they have their reasons. For Goldenrod it's because the project with the switches was abandoned and they're there to take the leftover loot like with the Cinnibar Mansion. The only time they made no sense was in S.S. Aqua actually. Also does Brightbulb City have an Electric gym since bulb does sound electrical? Also does Eevee still have the ability to speak English like Meowth?

Ray F

' Friendship > Chuck Norris
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jul 14, 2016
I love it when the storyline, plot, and developing of the story is unique, which is really rare. This hackroms that try to do something different are awesome.

This one is great, I love the graphics, every script, the development of the story. How you write for every character is sweet as well.

I'm happily waiting for the next beta release.
Everyone will catch up soon and this will be a bomb.

miksy91

Years
Also does Brightbulb City have an Electric gym since bulb does sound electrical? Also does Eevee still have the ability to speak English like Meowth?
Actually, I haven't gotten into editing the gym in there yet but probably yes (although the city being called Brightbulb has nothing to do with the gym).
Eevee doesn't appear in any cutscenes in Beta 3 (expect for the beginning part like in Beta 2 as well) so I'm going to have to say "no" (why would it have unlearned to talk ?).

I love it when the storyline, plot, and developing of the story is unique, which is really rare. This hackroms that try to do something different are awesome.

This one is great, I love the graphics, every script, the development of the story. How you write for every character is sweet as well.

I'm happily waiting for the next beta release.
Thanks, a lot!

Having feedback like this really motivates you to continue you know (although I've had no problems with that and intend to finish the hack anyway) :)

Everyone will catch up soon and this will be a bomb.
Let's hope so, hahha :D

Here is a small update!

scaled.php

EDIT:
I've re-done the main thread so go to check it out (you may even find some Beta 3 related things in there) ;)

Last edited:

Vittorini

Expert Trainer
Years
Playing this now! I love gen II hacks and this one looks excellent! Keep it up. Is beta 3 still in the works?

miksy91

Years
Playing this now! I love gen II hacks and this one looks excellent! Keep it up.

Is beta 3 still in the works?
I've been posting updates about progress of the hack lately, so yes.

Why are you decreasing the starters' stats?
For balancing. I know there are people who play this game by using Eevee and all three Kanto starters and that kind of team is definitely better than for example Eevee, Bellsprout, Vulpix and Krabby. I'm currently testing the game by playing through all kinds of events I make with a regular team consisting of Eevee, Ponyta, Pidgeotto and Raichu (a strong one here) and even with low playing speeds I can still make it through.

What I want by doing this is to make the game a little more difficult to beat for those who happen to play it with starters only. And even after that 10% stats decrease, they will be stronger than most of the other pokemon from that type you could use.

Last edited:

classiccartoonsftw

Nintendo is for awesome people
Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2017
For balancing. I know there are people who play this game by using Eevee and all three Kanto starters and that kind of team is definitely better than for example Eevee, Bellsprout, Vulpix and Krabby. I'm currently testing the game by playing through all kinds of events I make with a regular team consisting of Eevee, Ponyta, Pidgeotto and Raichu (a strong one here) and even with low playing speeds I can still make it through.

What I want by doing this is to make the game a little more difficult to beat for those who happen to play it with starters only. And even after that 10% stats decrease, they will be stronger than most of the other pokemon from that type you could use.
Is Raichu getting buffed in this hack? I'd love to have it in my team!

Years
  • Seen Dec 14, 2021
So, FINALLY, after many months I get to play the beta!

I'm now just before facing the 3rd gym........actually I tried to face it but the gym leader kicked my butt to the skies!XD

Here's some feedback!

I was actually pleasantly surprised by the story line and the work you have done with the scripting!

It saddens me that not so many people post in this thread!(then again, not that many people are in this forum anymore as they used to be)

Maybe they are not so fond of 2nd generation hacks!

Of course, this cannot compete (yet) with Coolboyman's hacks but it's still a good silver hack which is hard to find!

Spoiler alert!

Spoiler:

And...that's all for now!

I do have some other things I want to address and there might be some things I forgot but I will leave it at this for now!

Overall, this hack looks promising so far!

I will edit or make another post later some other time or day!

Last edited:

miksy91

Years
So, FINALLY, after many months I get to play the beta!

I'm now just before facing the 3rd gym........actually I tried to face it but the gym leader kicked my butt to the skies!XD

Here's some feedback!

I was actually pleasantly surprised by the story line and the work you have done with the scripting!

It saddens me that not so many people post in this thread!(then again, not that many people are in this forum anymore as they used to be)

Maybe they are not so fond of 2nd generation hacks!

Of course, this cannot compete (yet) with Coolboyman's hacks but it's still a good silver hack which is hard to find!
Thanks for positive feedback!

Now, time to quote to the spoilers.

Spoiler:

Last edited:
Back