The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Challenges

Notices

Challenges Bored of your old Pokémon games, but still want to play them? Put your skills to the test with a solo run, a monotype challenge, or anything else you can think of.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old April 7th, 2012, 07:59 AM
Jak
mother of challenges

Nature: Timid
Welcome! Did you submit a challenge, but still don't see it? Wondering why you might have been unapproved? This thread is designed to help people understand why challenges don't get approved, and get advice on how they can fix the problem so that it can be approved. This is not meant to be a wall of shame.

This thread will work similar to how the one in the Roleplay Corner works, if you are familiar with it, however the only difference being that only unapproved challenges will be posted here, since if your challenge is approved, you will obviously be able to see it. This will better help members understand why they're not approved and others can learn by reading this thread as well, and can hopefully keep my inbox (and yours!) clean.

If it has been 24 hours since you posted your challenge and you don't see it approved or listed in this thread, please don't hesitate to contact me!

If you're reading this before posting a thread, please keep the following in mind:

- You must participate in challenges that you post! This is the #1 reason that challenges don't get approved. If you have a good idea and can't participate in it, I highly recommend posting about it in the CI&D to see if someone else will post it and you can enter it on your own time in the future.

- Use prefixes if your challenge is specific to a certain game. The Misc prefix was recently removed because it's standard for challenges to be for all main games, so make sure that if yours is for RSE only, you use the RSE prefix.

- If you need more guidelines to making a thread, you can find them here in the FAQ or here in the rules.
Old April 7th, 2012, 03:28 PM
Jak
mother of challenges

mr.bob467, your challenge is unapproved because you did not sign up for your own challenge, and the rules were presented unorganized, as well as being overly difficult.

To fix these problems, first off I recommend including your sign up, as well as a general sign up form. Some of the rules should be tweaked a bit as well, however considering they're so restrictive, I don't see this challenge getting many challengers. Most of these hardcore type challenges don't get as many challengers because they're too restrictive. Also, it's better to present the rules more clearly in a bullet format. I recommend looking at other challenge threads to get an idea of how an organized challenge looks.

POPWAR'S BUNNY
get on baboon's level ho
Old April 11th, 2012, 11:12 AM
Jak
mother of challenges

D4RKxSOUL, your challenge is not approved because we already have a Nuzlocke thread. Please always check for duplicates. Also, next time you post a challenge that hopefully isn't a duplicate, make sure you include your own sign up.

TheAquaLeader, your "challenge" is not approved because it's not even a challenge. If you want to introduce yourself to the forum, please do so in New Users/Welcome. I honestly have no idea how you or anyone could mistake this section as a place to introduce yourself lol. If you want to post a Let's Play, this is also the wrong section for that. There's a Let's Play subforum in the Video Gaming section. Please read the rules there before posting your LP. Good luck and welcome to PC, btw!

POPWAR'S BUNNY
get on baboon's level ho
Old April 14th, 2012, 04:48 PM
Jak
mother of challenges

Fallentheangel, your challenge is unapproved because it isn't much of challenge. The objective isn't challenging at all, and there aren't many rules. The few rules you do have aren't much of rules anyway, especially "have fun." Plus, some people breed eggs for fun anyway. So there's just not much substance to it.

If you want to fix it, perhaps instead of just breeding eggs for the sake of breeding eggs, try breeding Pokemon with egg moves.

But, in all honesty, I don't see how breeding a bunch of eggs is even considered a challenge, at least not without purpose. There needs to be more details and regulations to the challenge. If you just want people to breed eggs, you should have named it the Orgy Challenge. lol

POPWAR'S BUNNY
get on baboon's level ho
Old April 16th, 2012, 03:19 PM
Jak
mother of challenges

ZalelikesCookies, your challenge is unapproved because you are not participating.

POPWAR'S BUNNY
get on baboon's level ho
Old April 23rd, 2012, 06:47 AM
Jak
mother of challenges

Punnagg, your challenge is unapproved because you are not participating.

POPWAR'S BUNNY
get on baboon's level ho
Old April 23rd, 2012, 02:14 PM
Jak
mother of challenges

dragonlolz, your challenge is not approved because you are not participating, nor is it set up very clearly. Please look at other challenge threads to get an idea of how to organize the rules and explain things more clearly. I recommend reading this section's rules more so that you understand how things work in this section.

POPWAR'S BUNNY
get on baboon's level ho
Old May 4th, 2012, 07:37 PM
Jak
mother of challenges

pokemonranger109, your challenge is unapproved. If someone wants to complete a game with just a Stunfisk, they can enter the solo challenge. You also forgot to use the BW prefix, and you are not participating. And, though I'm just nitpicking, I don't understand how you can misspell challenges when the name of this section is called Challenges. It's right there...no excuse. I understand you're new to this section, but please read the rules of it, as with any section in this forum. I've already told you this about another section.

POPWAR'S BUNNY
get on baboon's level ho

Last edited by Jak; June 12th, 2012 at 04:54 PM.
Old May 12th, 2012, 09:08 AM
Jak
mother of challenges

RunnerGuyTime, your challenge is unapproved because it's just a solo run with a few specifications. It doesn't need its own thread.

POPWAR'S BUNNY
get on baboon's level ho
Old May 13th, 2012, 04:14 PM
Jak
mother of challenges

pokemonranger109, for the second time, we have a thread for solos. Limiting it to certain Pokemon doesn't make your challenge unique or different in any way whatsoever. Read the rules. Please. And not just in this forum. And, again, challEnge. Not challAnge.

POPWAR'S BUNNY
get on baboon's level ho
Old May 14th, 2012, 04:07 PM
Jak
mother of challenges

megatyler3, your challenge is unapproved because you are not partaking.

POPWAR'S BUNNY
get on baboon's level ho
Old May 18th, 2012, 05:20 PM
Jak
mother of challenges

pineappleninja, your challenge is unapproved because it doesn't make sense and you're not participating. And your font is obnoxious. There is no need to have that big and bold of a font.

POPWAR'S BUNNY
get on baboon's level ho
Old May 19th, 2012, 11:06 AM
Jak
mother of challenges

Porynoir, your challenge is unnapproved because it's overly difficult and tedious. No one will want to shiny hunt, and not everyone can RNG shinies. Also, you can't list someone else as a challenger and not yourself. You must participate as well.

POPWAR'S BUNNY
get on baboon's level ho
Old May 24th, 2012, 06:43 PM
Jak
mother of challenges

pineappleninja, your challenge is unapproved because it's overly difficult and YouTube video challenges aren't allowed. I doubt anyone would want to enter that since it's so terribly limited, and requiring YouTube evidence in the challenge is against the rules because not everyone can do that, nor even want to. Lighten or remove some rules and it could probably pass.

POPWAR'S BUNNY
get on baboon's level ho
Old June 1st, 2012, 05:51 PM
Jak
mother of challenges

jacktheninjadude, that's not a challenge. Try posting that in Metal/Color Generation.

Dusklocke, if you want to post progress on a challenge, post in an existing thread for the challenge. If one doesn't exist or is dead, feel free to post one available to (preferably) all games and everyone who wishes to participate.

POPWAR'S BUNNY
get on baboon's level ho
Old June 4th, 2012, 06:30 AM
Jak
mother of challenges

Nineray, your challenge is unapproved because you're not partaking. Nice avatar though.

POPWAR'S BUNNY
get on baboon's level ho
Old June 12th, 2012, 04:52 PM
Jak
mother of challenges

Gliese, your challenge is unapproved because you are not participating.

MasterOfNuzlocke, your challenge in unapproved because you are not participating.

POPWAR'S BUNNY
get on baboon's level ho
Old June 19th, 2012, 03:23 PM
Jak
mother of challenges

Poke_licious and lCrypticl, neither of you are participating in the challenges you posted, so they're unapproved.

POPWAR'S BUNNY
get on baboon's level ho
Old June 21st, 2012, 02:59 PM
Jak
mother of challenges

Tman109ner, your challenge is unapproved because we already have one that deals with using Pokemon that you've never used before. Although they're different, I don't feel like they're different enough to have both of them running.

POPWAR'S BUNNY
get on baboon's level ho
Old June 29th, 2012, 08:05 AM
Jak
mother of challenges

jacktheninjadude, your challenge is unapproved because it's just a terrible idea. If someone does a solo challenge, they don't need 5 Magikarp as throw away Pokemon. That makes no sense and has no purpose. Also, you weren't participating, but of course, it wouldn't have been approved anyway.

POPWAR'S BUNNY
get on baboon's level ho
Old July 5th, 2012, 08:05 AM
Jak
mother of challenges

bluebandit216, your challenge is unapproved because this isn't the section to advertise your YouTube.

POPWAR'S BUNNY
get on baboon's level ho
Old July 9th, 2012, 07:25 PM
Jak
mother of challenges

chemicallytall, your challenge is unapproved because we already have duo challenges and yours isn't really different enough to merit its own thread. Plus I can't tell if you plan on entering or if you've already done it. You have to enter along with other challengers, it can't be something you've already finished.

ryguy3399, you're unapproved because it's just a really watered down nuzlocke, plus you're not participating.

POPWAR'S BUNNY
get on baboon's level ho

Last edited by Lilith; March 31st, 2013 at 08:09 AM.
Old July 13th, 2012, 01:06 PM
Jak
mother of challenges

pkfire0, you're not approved because, to be honest, I'm going to be picky with the new Nuzlocke thread. It doesn't really look very presentable, and it should since it's one of the most popular, if not the most popular, challenges around. And I don't see you around often enough to just allow you to handle one of the most popular challenges around, sorry. Plus, I couldn't tell if your example sign up was your actual sign up or not.

POPWAR'S BUNNY
get on baboon's level ho
Old July 14th, 2012, 03:27 PM
Jak
mother of challenges

Alavan, you're challenge isn't even a challenge. If you want somewhere to update your monotype, there's a thread for it. You don't get to hog a thread to yourself for your updates. Go sign up in the monotype thread and post there instead if you'd like.

POPWAR'S BUNNY
get on baboon's level ho
Old July 19th, 2012, 07:45 PM
Jak
mother of challenges

DaMagicalMuggle, I already directed you to the LP forum in your thread I locked in PGC. Please read the rules there and if you can meet the criteria, post your walkthrough. Good luck to you.

POPWAR'S BUNNY
get on baboon's level ho
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links