The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Games Showcase
Sign Up Rules/FAQ Live Battle Blogs Mark Forums Read

Notices

Games Showcase This forum is for games which have a significant amount of progress. Only the most developed games are selected to go in here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.


Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Thread Tools
  #301    
Old April 1st, 2012, 08:19 AM
Braviary75's Avatar
Braviary75
Black_Kyurem75
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: In Paris
Gender: Male
Yes I think it's a great idea
__________________
[/sig-reason]
  #302    
Old April 4th, 2012, 12:07 PM
Ginai
Beginning Trainer
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Gender: Female
Wow, this looks amazing!
I'm looking forward to play that version
  #303    
Old April 6th, 2012, 11:44 AM
Fraot's Avatar
Fraot
Researcher & Game Developer
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Somewhere on earth...
Gender: Male
Nature: Quiet
Dude, this game looks awesome.
However, there's something that bugs me, I've seen many things rolling in many games...
Your sprites from the protagonist are also in Pokémon Garnet(or were). Also, the starters from Pokémon Garnet were also in another fan game and... BAH! I'm confused, who made these things?
__________________
Pokémon Pure Version. It's gone now. Buh-bye Nohmen Region! Nobody will miss you because no one had the chance to meet you.

And also... a new Megaman X game is coming. Megaman X: Maverick Wars.
  #304    
Old April 6th, 2012, 11:51 AM
Echidna's Avatar
Echidna
Something Interesting
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Vaniville Town
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Nature: Brave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraot View Post
Dude, this game looks awesome.
However, there's something that bugs me, I've seen many things rolling in many games...
Your sprites from the protagonist are also in Pokémon Garnet(or were). Also, the starters from Pokémon Garnet were also in another fan game and... BAH! I'm confused, who made these things?
Well, you see, the two most popular RMXP Pokemon games are Phoenix Rising and Garnet. Most of their work, as in updates and feedback, are on dArt. Blue Chrome is very popular too, but Luka is kinda discrete with his work.

Anyway, lots of people are on both the Phoenix Rising team, and the Garnet team. Also, Abnegation and Hydrargirium are friends, so you never know what one might give the other if he no longer needs it... It's quite confusing if you don't follow up on dA...
__________________






  #305    
Old April 6th, 2012, 12:12 PM
Fraot's Avatar
Fraot
Researcher & Game Developer
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Somewhere on earth...
Gender: Male
Nature: Quiet
I wanted to give a guy all the graphics from my game but this is gonna make a huge confusion if I decide to resume the progress of my game.
I think one should make things exclusively for him/her self.

Getting back to this game. It's awesome and delicious to my sight. Keep up the good work.
__________________
Pokémon Pure Version. It's gone now. Buh-bye Nohmen Region! Nobody will miss you because no one had the chance to meet you.

And also... a new Megaman X game is coming. Megaman X: Maverick Wars.
  #306    
Old April 6th, 2012, 01:29 PM
Link's Avatar
Link
Rupee Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
It was either use them (as I personally loved them, I've even edited the characters) or let them be thrown in the bin. I've actually been using them longer than Garnet had been now too.
__________________
  #307    
Old April 7th, 2012, 04:52 PM
Reck's Avatar
Reck
Supreme Overlord
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Ohio
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Nature: Bold
Looks pretty nice I must say. The menu system is pretty cool, graphics seem good, and the story is great! I can't wait to try it.
__________________
  #308    
Old April 7th, 2012, 06:34 PM
Prof_Alexsander's Avatar
Prof_Alexsander
Beginning Trainer
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Gender: Male
OMG looks sooo good i cant wait until the Beta is out im gunna freak when that happens
:D
  #309    
Old April 8th, 2012, 07:47 AM
18jaycee
Beginning Trainer
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Gender: Male
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abnegation View Post
It was either use them (as I personally loved them, I've even edited the characters) or let them be thrown in the bin. I've actually been using them longer than Garnet had been now too.
What if the two version actually could battle or trade via net or Bluetooth.. I don't know how you guys could pull it off. This games may even be more expensive than the new Black & White 2 if sold but that's against the law... maybe you could send a sample game to Nintendo maybe they might like it BUT they could reject it and make the game the basis of their next game.. This is Great
  #310    
Old April 8th, 2012, 08:05 AM
Echidna's Avatar
Echidna
Something Interesting
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Vaniville Town
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Nature: Brave
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18jaycee View Post
What if the two version actually could battle or trade via net or Bluetooth..
I have to be honest, this idea is amazing! Love love love! Like you guys' own PokeGeneration :p
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18jaycee View Post
I don't know how you guys could pull it off. This games may even be more expensive than the new Black & White 2 if sold but that's against the law... maybe you could send a sample game to Nintendo maybe they might like it BUT they could reject it and make the game the basis of their next game.. This is Great :)
I'm pretty sure they already know of the games. Them Game Freaks(lol) ain't that stupid :)
__________________






  #311    
Old April 8th, 2012, 09:06 AM
Fraot's Avatar
Fraot
Researcher & Game Developer
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Somewhere on earth...
Gender: Male
Nature: Quiet
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18jaycee View Post
What if the two version actually could battle or trade via net or Bluetooth.. I don't know how you guys could pull it off. This games may even be more expensive than the new Black & White 2 if sold but that's against the law... maybe you could send a sample game to Nintendo maybe they might like it BUT they could reject it and make the game the basis of their next game.. This is Great
Yeah, but they're japanese .
They will never do that because they are too proud of themselves and no person from the western part of the world would persuade them to do a pokémon game like that.
__________________
Pokémon Pure Version. It's gone now. Buh-bye Nohmen Region! Nobody will miss you because no one had the chance to meet you.

And also... a new Megaman X game is coming. Megaman X: Maverick Wars.
  #312    
Old April 8th, 2012, 09:56 AM
Link's Avatar
Link
Rupee Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
I'm going to be having online features via php & mysql. All you need is an internet connection and you'll be able to battle, trade and other features with others. Including a GTS. If you have any online features you would like to have added, let me know and I'll consider.
__________________
  #313    
Old April 8th, 2012, 10:41 AM
khkramer's Avatar
khkramer
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Gender: Male
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abnegation View Post
I'm going to be having online features via php & mysql. All you need is an internet connection and you'll be able to battle, trade and other features with others. Including a GTS. If you have any online features you would like to have added, let me know and I'll consider.
How do you plan to implement online battles?
  #314    
Old April 8th, 2012, 10:52 AM
Link's Avatar
Link
Rupee Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by khkramer View Post
How do you plan to implement online battles?
By use of php & mySQL, along with a server to host them. I'll probably allow access through the Pokemon Center as usual. Most likely with the addition of a pal-pad for private room battles.
__________________
  #315    
Old April 8th, 2012, 11:52 AM
pokemaster4315's Avatar
pokemaster4315
Pokemon Master Rygar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: UK, Gloucester
Gender: Male
Nature: Brave
I haven't had time to read this whole thread so i am gonna ask this one question. is this a pokemon fire red hack. as in i can play this on VBA (Visual Boy Advance)
  #316    
Old April 8th, 2012, 12:04 PM
Link's Avatar
Link
Rupee Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by pokemaster4315 View Post
I haven't had time to read this whole thread so i am gonna ask this one question. is this a pokemon fire red hack. as in i can play this on VBA (Visual Boy Advance)
No. You're in the wrong section. You're thinking about ROM Hacking. This is a game, meaning it is played on the computer without an emulator, it will run as a standard .exe. As with all games in the Game Development section.
__________________
  #317    
Old April 9th, 2012, 04:18 AM
AwsomeMew's Avatar
AwsomeMew
<-- WTF?! WURMPLE!
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: UNI
Age: 24
Gender: Male
Did it Be Released, The Game Looks also Really Nice
__________________
Hacks i support!
:
  #318    
Old April 9th, 2012, 08:25 AM
red4dynamite's Avatar
red4dynamite
Beginning Trainer
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Gender: Male
Dat.....Dat graphics.
Amazing I will play the **** out of this when its released.
  #319    
Old April 9th, 2012, 08:45 PM
BareBones's Avatar
BareBones
The kids are all messed up.
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Birmingham, England.
Send a message via Skype™ to BareBones
Incredibly impressed with this so far. I like the starter choice (possibly because of my massive love for Growlithe) and I like the 'cards' theme for the antagonists. The sprites look good, as do the screenshots!

Whilst I have only skimmed it, the story and history looks very promising. You've put a lot of thought into it and taken no shortcuts which is nothing but a good sign!

However, I have a question! You say the guardians/oracles will be in random locations and that you should listen to the locals to find them. I have no objections to having them out of gyms and not being in immediately obvious locations, in fact I look forward to this specifically, but I wonder if that won't be a bit tiresome if they're incredibly far away?

I eagerly await a chance to play this.
__________________

| World of Warcraft | Homestuck | Persona 3 | Persona 4 |
  #320    
Old April 10th, 2012, 05:11 AM
G_Sylar's Avatar
G_Sylar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Gender: Male
The screenshots are so good. I'm really impressed by your work and hoping we'll have the chance to play it soon.
  #321    
Old April 10th, 2012, 06:21 AM
damion's Avatar
damion
Dragon Trainer
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Jersey City, nj
Age: 34
Gender: Male
Nature: Timid
this game looks amazing, i love the backgrounds in the battles i can not wait to play this
__________________



http://trailsofryuken.blogspot.com/
  #322    
Old April 11th, 2012, 12:31 PM
Skyy's Avatar
Skyy
Just Sky ( :
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: wherever the sun shines
Gender: Female
Nature: Naughty
cant wait to play this game. love the starters and the graphics. the music is amazing also. keep up the great work!
__________________

  #323    
Old April 14th, 2012, 04:52 AM
ShadowTheDarkrai's Avatar
ShadowTheDarkrai
AKA: Dapper Snivy
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Gender: Male
Nature: Adamant
I have an idea. Going along with the cards theme, there could be Jokers. Jokers could be characters of the team used in side events not in the main story just like jokers in a deck: not always used in the deck.
__________________
As Darkness Unfolds I Watch. As Chaos Is Unleashed I Bring It.
White Friend Code: 4598-8774-9735

  #324    
Old April 15th, 2012, 05:49 PM
Solace's Avatar
Solace
simon ferocious
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Texas
Gender: Male
Nature: Naughty
Send a message via Skype™ to Solace
I probably missed this in the comments, but cba to check; why did you change the title?
  #325    
Old April 16th, 2012, 06:38 AM
Echidna's Avatar
Echidna
Something Interesting
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Vaniville Town
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Nature: Brave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minzy View Post
I probably missed this in the comments, but cba to check; why did you change the title?
Might as well quote Gav:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abnegation View Post
Well, I'm sure some of you realised you just entered a thread named "Pokémon: Phoenix Rising", and if you didn't notice from the header, you need to stop rushing to my screenshots! Anyway, big news this month. The first and foremost thing to mention is the fact that I've changed the name from Pokémon: Forever Lost to Pokémon: Phoenix Rising. The reason is that the name was a little unoriginal and no longer related to the game I am creating any more.
Guess that should explain it :) He also asked about changing the name before he did, on dA :)
__________________






Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Minimum Characters Per Post: 25



All times are UTC -8. The time now is 07:59 AM.


Style by Nymphadora, artwork by Sa-Dui.
Like our Facebook Page Follow us on Twitter © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity™, pokecommunity.com.
Pokémon characters and images belong to The Pokémon Company International and Nintendo. This website is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Nintendo, Creatures, GAMEFREAK, The Pokémon Company or The Pokémon Company International. We just love Pokémon.
All forum styles, their images (unless noted otherwise) and site designs are © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity / PokéCommunity.com.
PokéCommunity™ is a trademark of The PokéCommunity. All rights reserved. Sponsor advertisements do not imply our endorsement of that product or service. User generated content remains the property of its creator.