The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Official Forums > Community Feedback and Support

Notices

Community Feedback and Support This is the place for your concerns, praises or help relating to the PokéCommunity. Unsure of how to post a thread (though you should find out pretty quickly)? How do you get a blog? Maybe you don’t like a certain feature. Make a thread here and get responses from your fellow members and staff.

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old April 7th, 2012, 02:08 PM
Cosmotone8
silhouette of the past

Location: Boston, MA, USA, Earth, Sun Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe
Nature: Careful

Advertise here
How do you upload a video for a profile pic? I tried an failed. XD
But the more I try to move on, the more I feel alone
So I watch the summer stars to lead me home.

Old April 7th, 2012, 02:11 PM
shenanigans
Staff Admin

Are you sure you've used the right part of the URL to the video? Say you wanted http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OuSzXP-Hj_A (best video imo) you'd only take end part of the embedding URL, so in this case, v/OuSzXP-Hj_A.
[07/08/2014 15:43:15] ‎keiran: my name is YAMI YUGI and i was a card-playing pharoah in my past life *summons blue-eyes white privilege*
Old April 7th, 2012, 10:00 PM
Scuki
Trainer

Nature: Jolly
I see them sometimes on others profile.. But what do they do? How can get/win one?

Oh happy Easter btw =) Didn't notice that it is today XD
Old April 7th, 2012, 11:33 PM
Adventure
thief . of . light

Nature: Naive
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scuki View Post
I see them sometimes on others profile.. But what do they do? How can get/win one?

Oh happy Easter btw =) Didn't notice that it is today XD
Emblems mostly exist to add a fun touch to PC. They are a kind of rewards that moderators hand out to members they think deserve it, if the members have been acting in a certain way or accomplished something special. Sometimes you get an emblem for having participated actively in some event, like the New Years celebration for instance. Sometimes you get an emblem for winning a competition, like art competitions or the roleplay awards. And sometimes mod have, well, their own little emblems that they hand out just for fun.

You can read more about emblems in this thread
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=237337

Most emblems are 'secret' and not requestable, there are a lot more emblems than show up in this list ^^ It's all in good spirit and a person with tons of emblems should not be considered 'better' than a person with no or little emblems. It might as well depend on where you're usually posting.
Old April 7th, 2012, 11:40 PM
Scuki
Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red's Hawt Chibi Pelippers View Post

Emblems mostly exist to add a fun touch to PC. They are a kind of rewards that moderators hand out to members they think deserve it, if the members have been acting in a certain way or accomplished something special. Sometimes you get an emblem for having participated actively in some event, like the New Years celebration for instance. Sometimes you get an emblem for winning a competition, like art competitions or the roleplay awards. And sometimes mod have, well, their own little emblems that they hand out just for fun.

You can read more about emblems in this thread
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=237337

Most emblems are 'secret' and not requestable, there are a lot more emblems than show up in this list It's all in good spirit and a person with tons of emblems should not be considered 'better' than a person with no or little emblems. It might as well depend on where you're usually posting.

wow haha XD so many emblems... but for me it seems like it's so hard to get O.o
Old April 7th, 2012, 11:48 PM
Adventure
thief . of . light

Nature: Naive
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scuki View Post

wow haha XD so many emblems... but for me it seems like it's so hard to get O.o
Haha, maybe. Don't worry about it though. A person's worth is not measured in the number of emblems you have, it's for fun.

A rule of thumb might be that if you are very active in a certain section, you probably have an easier time getting the specific section emblems. At all times, strive to be friendly and helpful, and you might even get an emblem for being a role model on the forums. Or for being a prick, it's just as likely xD

OR try to participate in some of the Easter events. Easter Egg hunt and such things gives emblems.
Old April 8th, 2012, 12:07 AM
Went
With added juicycles

Send a message via Skype™ to Went
Quote:
Originally Posted by mineox100 View Post
What is the Social Groups in the top navigation bar?
If you see that link in any themes, please report it so we can remove it. Apparently we missed the icon in some themes when we removed the social groups XD

Last edited by Went; April 8th, 2012 at 03:58 AM.
Old April 8th, 2012, 12:33 AM
Scuki
Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red's Hawt Chibi Pelippers View Post

Haha, maybe. Don't worry about it though. A person's worth is not measured in the number of emblems you have, it's for fun.

A rule of thumb might be that if you are very active in a certain section, you probably have an easier time getting the specific section emblems. At all times, strive to be friendly and helpful, and you might even get an emblem for being a role model on the forums. Or for being a prick, it's just as likely xD

OR try to participate in some of the Easter events. Easter Egg hunt and such things gives emblems.

I can't participate in the egg swap though cus i don't own Gen V XD and finding eggs is hard here =) looooool you can get an emblem for being a prick? O.o ahaha that made me laugh XD
Old April 9th, 2012, 10:53 PM
Turn-it
Coordinator/Elite Trainer

Nature: Relaxed
Quick question. Yesterday I made a donation to the forum. I did it through google and they said something is being shipped to my house. I guess what I'm trying to ask is, What is the whole process for donating? I checked in the donating thread but I couldn't quite find my answer. If anyone could help me out I'd really appreciate it! :D
Old April 9th, 2012, 10:59 PM
Rukario

Nature: Adamant
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turn-it View Post
Quick question. Yesterday I made a donation to the forum. I did it through google and they said something is being shipped to my house. I guess what I'm trying to ask is, What is the whole process for donating? I checked in the donating thread but I couldn't quite find my answer. If anyone could help me out I'd really appreciate it! :D
you should reread that email.. it _should_ say that T# (whatever your donated) is added to your PC user account.
nothing is being sent to your house.

Twinned with Jedi_Amara | Paired with Your Name Here | Lil Sis Kimi-Chan | Sig

Old April 9th, 2012, 11:03 PM
Turn-it
Coordinator/Elite Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rukario View Post
you should reread that email.. it _should_ say that T# (whatever your donated) is added to your PC user account.
nothing is being sent to your house.
Can I pm you some info? It's not sensitive I just don't want to post it where everyone can see.
Old April 10th, 2012, 12:01 PM
droomph
mmm gurl that 90s
Community Supporter

Nature: Impish
Hey quick question, what is the Tier "6" of PC supporters? I've seen quite a few people with it, but the Donations threads all only go up to "5".

Old April 10th, 2012, 12:20 PM
shenanigans
Staff Admin

Because we don't expect most people to donate enough to get that high, haha. People who donate a lot of money ($100+ if memory serves) reach T6. They get bigger profile pictures, iirc.

Last edited by shenanigans; April 10th, 2012 at 12:26 PM.
Old April 10th, 2012, 12:29 PM
droomph
mmm gurl that 90s
Community Supporter

Also one last thing. Is there a way we can have a recurring donation more than $2/month (say, $2 per week/$3 per month)?

Old April 11th, 2012, 08:27 PM
Scuki
Trainer

I have a small question. Who is like umm the boss in PC? And how can you be a moderator or helper here?
Old April 11th, 2012, 08:35 PM
droomph
mmm gurl that 90s
Community Supporter

I'm probably not supposed to answer questions but I know the answer so I'll go ahead and answer...
Rukario (or Steve, if you get to know him) is the guy who owns this place.

And to become a mod/admin, there must be two criteria met:
1. There's a need for a mod in a certain forum
2. You're active and helpful to the people in that specific forum, and they notice your presence.

Old April 11th, 2012, 08:38 PM
Oryx
open up your sea chart
Community Supporter

You're fine answering things droomph, but just to add on to your moderator help there's also an FAQ entry on it: Clicky It's a bit more in-depth on that topic.

'Hoy, small fry!
Old April 11th, 2012, 09:43 PM
Scuki
Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by droomph View Post
I'm probably not supposed to answer questions but I know the answer so I'll go ahead and answer...
Rukario (or Steve, if you get to know him) is the guy who owns this place.

And to become a mod/admin, there must be two criteria met:
1. There's a need for a mod in a certain forum
2. You're active and helpful to the people in that specific forum, and they notice your presence.
Thanks for the info :3 Did you tried to be a mod/admin?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toujours View Post
You're fine answering things droomph, but just to add on to your moderator help there's also an FAQ entry on it: Clicky It's a bit more in-depth on that topic.

You are a mod right? Was it hard for you to get it? :3
Old April 11th, 2012, 09:56 PM
droomph
mmm gurl that 90s
Community Supporter

I never tried, I was just a HUUUUGE lurker back in October.

You shouldn't have that much trouble becoming a mod if you just have fun and be nice and helpful, reporting things that are not supposed to be there (and not mini-modding) and praying to God (or whoever) that at least one of the current mods dies or something.

Old April 12th, 2012, 11:16 AM
Cosmotone8
silhouette of the past

Location: Boston, MA, USA, Earth, Sun Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe
Nature: Careful
I have a problem. If you look in my albums, where I upload my work, some are empty even though they have been there in the past. Is there a reason for this? I NEED it fixed because between my sprite shop and hack and signature those images are extremely important. They appear at first, but when you click on them in the album then it fails.
EDIT: Just checked and its only in google chrome.
But the more I try to move on, the more I feel alone
So I watch the summer stars to lead me home.

Last edited by Cosmotone8; April 12th, 2012 at 01:20 PM.
Old April 15th, 2012, 10:08 AM
Killjoy
"He was a laser fish."

Nature: Quiet
Sorry, this is probably a silly question, maybe I'm blind, but is there a way to go straight to your last post in a thread? Or do I just have to remember the page that it was on?
Old April 15th, 2012, 10:23 AM
Cello
Tonight!

You could always go into your profile, and under the "Statistics" tab click "Find all posts by <Username>." Once it loads look for your last post in a certain thread.
It shows all of your posts in order from your latest post on the forum all the way to your first.

Another thing you can do is when looking at the thread on the forum index, click on the number of posts/replies, look for your name on the list and click the number of posts next to your name to find all of your posts in the thread. The top post will be your latest post.

Last edited by Cello; April 15th, 2012 at 10:33 AM.
Old April 15th, 2012, 03:47 PM
Killjoy
"He was a laser fish."

Nature: Quiet
Ya, that works. Ok thanks alot! I'll do that
Old April 16th, 2012, 05:00 PM
TheFattestSnorlax
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Community Supporter

Nature: Mild
I've noticed there's only one moderator for the roleplay forum, while every other forum seems to have two. Does the moderator need some help, or is he fine with himself?
Old April 16th, 2012, 05:06 PM
Cadance
& Shining Armour

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Skype™ to Cadance
Some sections have one mod, and some have two. So yeah...some moderators (like the RP mod, and other sections like Pokemon General and General Pokemon Gaming) feel that they can handle the section themselves. Some others, (like myself) prefer to have someone on their side, especially when their section(s) can get quite active sometimes. It just depends on the mod him/herself.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here