• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

Recolours and Fusions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Jun 22, 2012
Here are some sprites I have been working on in the past week to reduce school stress. What do you think?

Last edited:
Years
early fakemon

Here are some of the earliest fakemon sprites I made. Am currently working on a dex for what I've done but would love some feedback. What do people think?

Years
Here are some of the earliest fakemon sprites I made. Am currently working on a dex for what I've done but would love some feedback. What do people think?

These are painfully obvious that they are not original sprites. The different parts of them don't fit together all that well. And the bottom ones could use a lot of work, they look very rushed and need more detail. All the blending colors on the Eevee one don't go well together. And the Hippopotas sprite looks very rough, like the Eevee one.

Unless you were aiming for a dex of amalgamons? But you have to have at least original four sprites to keep a topic up. So I'd suggest you hop to that or ask an admin to close the topic.

Years
Mostly what Icey said. There are different ways when making amalgamon where fusing parts of official pokemon tegether help create the shape, then you copy the lineart but completely change the colours and facial expressions, appendages, etc. Then there is another way where the official parts of Pokemon are fairly obvious like you've done there. Not really considered fakemon, and it's either an amalgamation/amalgamon or fusion/fusemon.

That being said, I merged your thread with the Sprite Recolours and Fusions because they don't qualify just yet as original.

Years
Sweet I appreciate that. The flower mantis is intended to be an alt. scyther evo so it's meant to look a bit like scizor, hence why i used quite a bit of it. I'm definitely not happy with the barracuda or snowman but i'm only just learning how to scratch bits and pieces. hopefully they'll get better from here.

Years
  • Seen Feb 2, 2023
I'm working on learning to revamp. This is the first one i completed. it's a revamped wigglytuff. Does anyone have any advice on how i can do better?

Years
  • Seen Mar 27, 2012
Hi I am new. I am trying to learn how to sprite. I wanted to start somewhere that would leave me with ideas and many options. So pokemon sprites do just that.

My First Attempt at a Grass/Steel Type...It uses Cubone as the Base Image.
I was trying for a starter. He has a sort of Steel Blade attached to the Forearm of the Right Arm. His head has a sort of hard bone or shell that basically acts as a HEADBUTT styled move to get in close followed by the slash from the blade.

Should I continue like this and learn the steps before creating original styled sprites. I love the tutorials on this site.

Years
  • Seen Mar 27, 2012
Limanya, if you were speaking to me. Yes, It took me a bit to get used to drawing in extra pixels and getting the blade to show like it was forming in front of the arm, had to remove that BONE. Shading, that is a tutorial I need to look into. If you were talking to me thanks for the aid.​

Years
XFeralTSDX's Sprites and Sprite Revamps

These are some of my sprites! Note these aren't all of them. =P
And also, some of my sprite revamps as well.
I'll start from recent to getting older sprites. :D This is my most recent one.
NextFormOfStillUntitledSprite.png

Then here's this one who I'm kinda using for a series.
Swezor.png

Then here's one from a request. I think I'm gonna call it Zekrina.
Zekrina.png

Then here's another one from a request, although this one isn't as good.
UNfinishedMZVictiniSprite.png

And I really wish my friend didn't request this one, because it's ugly.
ExcRequest.png

This one is also for a series, and he's not a request, he's the "Fairy King." xD
FairyKing-1.png

Now here's my AWESOME Main sprite, the Demon Spawn Typhlosion!
TSDDST2-2.png

Now for my revamps.
This is the entire picture of all my revamps. xD It has a few special things like a DE-vamp of my main sprite and a Darker more Evil Gengar Revamp.
Revamps.png

I hope you like seeing these! :P

Shiny Politoed

Dreamer
Years
Anyone care to critic the zombiemon Ive made?

zombiemonwip-2.png

My logic is all pokemon have the same color insides and out when there zombies. And they are all brutally fighting 24/7.

Piko the Pichu

Protector of Sweden
Years
Critique/Tips on my first piece?

I made this, it's a 8-Bitted version of theHG/SS Silver sprite, and I was wondering what you thought of it.

Also, I just started making pixel art yesterday, and I was wondering if you guys had any tips for doing it faster/better. Any help appreciated!

Post your self sprites too!

GoombaGeek

what does this box do
Years
I'm not good at art, but here's a technical tip:

You saved it as a .jpeg, which adds noise and ruins the quality if you want anything with large areas of the same colour (like pixel art...).

In the future, use .png - it doesn't do any compression and your images will stay clear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back