The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Trade Corner

Notices

Trade Corner Having trouble completing your Pokédex? Looking for a certain Pokémon or have a rare one to offer? This is your forum. Everything related to wireless trades can be discussed here.

View Poll Results: Bring challenges back?
Yes, I'll be happy to participate! 17 94.44%
No, I think we don't need them at all. 1 5.56%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old April 6th, 2012, 04:23 AM
CrazyMrHans
Drunk and slightly Irish

Nature: Lax
Discussion Well, I intend to EV train and battle with my RNG'd pokemans, but at the moment I'm having a little trouble.

I've been trying all day to hit a shiny Litwick with perfect IVs in the wild (2F Celestial Tower), I've heard that shiny RNG breeding is easier, but I figured I'd try for this first. My problem is as follows: No matter what I do, I can never land on the PID frame for the shiny, it's on frame 132, after three attempts of advancing 70 frames from frame 62 (I'm definitely certain it's my starting frame) I always landed on 134, after trying to advance 69 frames, I landed on frame 131. Going off the pitches of the Chatot cries I overshot by four to 136. Is there something special about advancing the PIDRNG more than 70 frames? I'm using RNG Reporter 9.95, standard method on a DS Lite, Pokemon Black (English).

Nevermind, turns out the NPCs wanted to advance my frame just as I hit the shiny frame, and only on that frame.

Last edited by CrazyMrHans; April 6th, 2012 at 05:05 AM.
Old April 6th, 2012, 05:18 AM
Cordelia
Banned

Nature: Sassy
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyMrHans View Post
Discussion Well, I intend to EV train and battle with my RNG'd pokemans, but at the moment I'm having a little trouble.

I've been trying all day to hit a shiny Litwick with perfect IVs in the wild (2F Celestial Tower), I've heard that shiny RNG breeding is easier, but I figured I'd try for this first. My problem is as follows: No matter what I do, I can never land on the PID frame for the shiny, it's on frame 132, after three attempts of advancing 70 frames from frame 62 (I'm definitely certain it's my starting frame) I always landed on 134, after trying to advance 69 frames, I landed on frame 131. Going off the pitches of the Chatot cries I overshot by four to 136. Is there something special about advancing the PIDRNG more than 70 frames? I'm using RNG Reporter 9.95, standard method on a DS Lite, Pokemon Black (English).

Nevermind, turns out the NPCs wanted to advance my frame just as I hit the shiny frame, and only on that frame.
First, welcome! And by the nevermind, does that mean you got your shiny Litwick? :D
Old April 6th, 2012, 02:09 PM
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you
Community Supporter

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
Darn it Mac, I was going to do Vulpix.

Shellder | Level 1
Aaron | 06293 | White
Jolly | Skill Link | 31 31 31 8 31 31
Tackle, Rock Blast, Bubblebeam

Challenge complete. Cloyster was never a bad Pokémon. In fact, it was OU in the first three generations. It then fell down to UU in D/P but it still was a decent Pokémon. The reason why I've chosen Cloyster for this challenge though is because of the major boost it got in B/W, Shell Smash. It turned Cloyster from what was once a Pokémon that was mainly used to set up and spin away Spikes into one of the most dangerous sweepers in the game. Cloyster is now back in OU with little chance of moving anytime soon.
Old April 6th, 2012, 05:05 PM
Jak
eye of the needle

Nature: Timid
Herro! Here is something not subpar! Hopefully.

Biebz / Bibarel (f) lv. 49
Unaware | Brave
Cedric | 26099
31/31/31/30/31/31 HP Electric 70
[ Amnesia, Take Down, Super Fang, Superpower ]

Picked because our favorite HM slave got probably one of the briefest 15 minutes of fame in gen V. Heck, less than 15 minutes. Although this one doesn't have it, Moody made Bibarel MUCH better, but sadly, the ability got banned. :( Smeargle also suffered this too, however Smeargle wasn't hurt as bad as our chubby friend here. So yeah!

And my main prize! I finally did this one, and I gotta say, it's a LOT better than my last Wondercard fiasco RNG.

レックウザ lv. 70
Air Lock | Adamant
ノブナガ | 03172
31/31/31/31/31/31 HP Dark 70
[ Dragon Pulse, Ancientpower, Outrage, Dragon Dance ]

Getting better at this. n_n

As for the topic, I honestly don't know what to do with what I RNG. I RNG'd something for an in-game team, so obviously that's what it's being used for, but my other RNG'd Pokemon are just sitting in the box. I plan to clone some and train one and have the others up for trade. Though idk when I'll get the time to train them. XD I'd like to EV what I RNG since I work for those and I feel they deserve to be trained better than other Pokemon, but it's not like I have people to battle here, so idk. I guess I'm an evil collector.
Old April 6th, 2012, 06:28 PM
CrazyMrHans
Drunk and slightly Irish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac of York View Post
First, welcome! And by the nevermind, does that mean you got your shiny Litwick? :D
Indeed, Zippy the shiny Litwick is the first of 5 shinies I intend on adding to my team, currently I'm trying to hatch a shiny Axew. I think I'm starting to get the hang of this.

...I wonder if anyone would pay money for flawless shinies...
Old April 6th, 2012, 07:12 PM
Jak
eye of the needle

No, no one's gonna pay you real money for them, I'm afraid. You can start a trade thread though. That's close enough, haha.
Old April 6th, 2012, 07:25 PM
Cordelia
Banned

We only encourage Pokemon for Pokemon trades here anyway. Vaporeon, very nice RNG there. I like Shellder a lot, but he's hard for me to use competitively. It always faints before it can be too useful. And Sydian! Wonderful job on both of them, especially that beautiful Rayquaza. :D I am proud!
Old April 6th, 2012, 07:53 PM
CrazyMrHans
Drunk and slightly Irish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydian View Post
No, no one's gonna pay you real money for them, I'm afraid. You can start a trade thread though. That's close enough, haha.
Oh well, would've been neat though.

Shiny perfect Axew get! :D
Onto the next pokeman, is it possible to RNG a flawless, shiny Magikarp from the salesman in B/W?
Old April 7th, 2012, 07:44 AM
Jak
eye of the needle

Just hatched this one. :) Second egg abuse on Black woooo.

HoneyBaked / Tepig (m) lv. 1
Blaze | Adamant
Cedric | 26099
31/31/31/31/31/31
[ Tackle, Flame Charge ]
-hatched in Black City-

oink.
Old April 7th, 2012, 07:48 AM
Cordelia
Banned

Quote:
Oh well, would've been neat though.

Shiny perfect Axew get! :D
Onto the next pokeman, is it possible to RNG a flawless, shiny Magikarp from the salesman in B/W?
Yes, it's a gift Pokemon.

Quote:
Just hatched this one. Second egg abuse on Black woooo.

HoneyBaked / Tepig (m) lv. 1
Blaze | Adamant
Cedric | 26099
31/31/31/31/31/31
[ Tackle, Flame Charge ]
-hatched in Black City-

oink.
Nice job, Sydders! Oink oink oink xD Keep them coming.
Old April 7th, 2012, 07:09 PM
Lilith
Protect his very soul.

Quote:

Vulpix ♀ Lv. 1 ★
OT: Ginny | ID: 51120
Nature: Calm
Ability: Drought
IVs: 31, 2, 30, 30, 30, 30 Fighting 70
EVs: Untrained
Moves: Heat Wave, Disable, Energy Ball, Substitute
Non-Redis

When Ninetales received its DW Ability, Drought, it changed the metagame and instantly was put in the OU tier at the heart of many sun teams. This one is the specially defensive variant so that Ninetales can stay in longer and keep on fighting the weather battle. I gave it two egg moves, Disable and Heatwave, which I think would help... but most likely I'd replace Heat Wave with Fire Blast. All in all, this is one of my favorite Pokemon that got a much needed boost in Gen 5.

NU in DPPT -> OU in BW
Quote:
Originally Posted by vaporeon7 View Post

Shellder | Level 1
Aaron | 06293 | White
Jolly | Skill Link | 31 31 31 8 31 31
Tackle, Rock Blast, Bubblebeam

Challenge complete. Cloyster was never a bad Pokémon. In fact, it was OU in the first three generations. It then fell down to UU in D/P but it still was a decent Pokémon. The reason why I've chosen Cloyster for this challenge though is because of the major boost it got in B/W, Shell Smash. It turned Cloyster from what was once a Pokémon that was mainly used to set up and spin away Spikes into one of the most dangerous sweepers in the game. Cloyster is now back in OU with little chance of moving anytime soon.
Quote:

Biebz / Bibarel (f) lv. 49
Unaware | Brave
Cedric | 26099
31/31/31/30/31/31 HP Electric 70
[ Amnesia, Take Down, Super Fang, Superpower ]

Picked because our favorite HM slave got probably one of the briefest 15 minutes of fame in gen V. Heck, less than 15 minutes. Although this one doesn't have it, Moody made Bibarel MUCH better, but sadly, the ability got banned. :( Smeargle also suffered this too, however Smeargle wasn't hurt as bad as our chubby friend here. So yeah!
All very good and lovely choices for the challenge. :)

Here's what I managed to do for the challenge. First try ended in a white-out after tossing ~95 Dive Balls. Second try was caught MUCH quicker, but it actually had the wrong IVs. I was misled by its Jolly nature and 31 IVs in speed. My bad. Final try, after reorganizing the capturing team, my agony ended.

Azelf
OT: Jasmine ID: 39218
Jolly | Levitate
Swift | Uproar | Future Sight | Nasty Plot
31 | 31 | 31 | 1 | 31 | 31

In DPP, Azelf was a strong lead and versatile contender on both sides of the spectrum. In BW, Azelf has fallen from its former grace mostly because of Team Preview. Yeah, it lost its spotlight because of one new feature. I hate you too, Azelf. >:o
Old April 8th, 2012, 12:37 AM
CrazyMrHans
Drunk and slightly Irish

So it took me nearly an entire day, but I RNG'd the following:

Shiny Kyurem, Adamant, 31/+30/31/-31/31/31
Shiny Solosis (M), Modest, 31/-XX/31/+31/31/31
Shiny Ferroseed (M), Adamant, 31/+31/31/-XX/31/31
Shiny Litwick (M), Modest, 31/-XX/31/+31/31/31 (Two of these )
Shiny Tynamo (M), Modest, 31/-XX/31/+31/31/31
Shiny Magikarp (F), Adamant, 31/+31/31/-XX/31/31
Shiny Axew (M), Adamant, 31/+31/31/-XX/31/31

Axew (F), Adamant, 31/+31/31/-29/31/31
Scraggy (M), Adamant, 31/+31/31/-29/31/31
Ferroseed (M), Adamant, 31/+31/31/-31/31/31
Tynamo (M), Modest, 31/-XX/31/+31/31/31
Ditto, Rash, 31/31/31/31/31/31
Elgyem, Modest + Adamant, for synchronising
Volcarona (M), Modest, 31/-XX/31/+31/31/31

I would do the thing with the pretty pictures and sprites and stuff, but I can't because I don't have 15 posts yet. Oh wells.

Is that a solid effort for a day's worth of Pokemon?
Old April 8th, 2012, 09:46 AM
Cordelia
Banned

Quote:

Shiny Litwick (M), Modest, 31/-XX/31/+31/31/31 (Two of these )

I would do the thing with the pretty pictures and sprites and stuff, but I can't because I don't have 15 posts yet. Oh wells.

Most of us don't RNG that much in a week or a month! xD Nice work... keep them coming! You should take a look at our challenge and see if it's something you're interested in participating in.
Old April 8th, 2012, 11:44 AM
oocyst
Bara baby
Community Supporter Tier 3

Nature: Bold
I did the challenge! Didn't exactly get what I wanted but it doesn't really matter that much.

Destrodon
Storm Drain|Sassy
31|31|31|31|31|16
Mud-Slap|Recover|Toxic|Ice Beam

So I chose Gastrodon because he had a huge change of power with the coming of Drizzle Politoed, being a great rain counter in sand teams, and a great supporter in rain teams. It shifted from NU to OU, which is an amazing change!

Quote:

Shiny Litwick (M), Modest, 31/-XX/31/+31/31/31 (Two of these :P)

Wow, that is a LOT. I can't get myself to do that much in a day.

EDIT: OH I almost forgto i wanted to say thank you to you all for choosing me as the winner! :D :D :D

Last edited by oocyst; April 10th, 2012 at 12:44 PM.
Old April 8th, 2012, 04:14 PM
institutions
ain't that a kick in the head?

Nature: Relaxed
Will you allow me to hijack your thread once more with my questions? D:
There are some things I still don't understand.
When I click Generate in rng reporter, looking for wild pokemon, it'll come up with results just fine and tell me the seed and time/date stuff. Then I do the pidrng stuff to make sure it's shiny and whatnot.
Then the guide tells me to save in the area of the Pokemon, but how exactly do I know where/what that Pokemon is?

Also, I have no idea how i'm supposed to read the Encounter Slot chart D:
What are the numbers at the top, and what are the numbers next to the Pokemons names?

And when it tells me to catch that first Pokemon, check it's IVs and stuff to see how many chatter advancements I need to do, how do I know if it's right? It says it'll be in the first 10 from my starting frame, so do I just make sure the IVs are close to the Pokemon i'm looking for, and then choose the item in the list with the same nature?
Old April 8th, 2012, 04:25 PM
Cordelia
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by institutions View Post
Will you allow me to hijack your thread once more with my questions? D:
There are some things I still don't understand.
When I click Generate in rng reporter, looking for wild pokemon, it'll come up with results just fine and tell me the seed and time/date stuff. Then I do the pidrng stuff to make sure it's shiny and whatnot.
Then the guide tells me to save in the area of the Pokemon, but how exactly do I know where/what that Pokemon is?

Also, I have no idea how i'm supposed to read the Encounter Slot chart D:
What are the numbers at the top, and what are the numbers next to the Pokemons names?

And when it tells me to catch that first Pokemon, check it's IVs and stuff to see how many chatter advancements I need to do, how do I know if it's right? It says it'll be in the first 10 from my starting frame, so do I just make sure the IVs are close to the Pokemon i'm looking for, and then choose the item in the list with the same nature?
It's not hijacking when one of the purposes of this thread is to help people with abusing the RNG. You either save in front of a Stationary Pokemon (make sure you have Type: Stationary chosen in time finder), or in the grass where the wild Pokemon that you want to encounter is (Type: Wild). The encounter slot chart is pretty simple once you understand it, but at first yes it can be quite menacing. The numbers from the top 0 to 11 notate each encounter slot. Every Pokemon in that column is in that encounter slot. The numbers beside the Pokemon's name are the level for that Pokemon in its encounter slot. They are broken up in rows by location.

With capture RNG, if you hit your seed, your IVs will always be the same, so you would just match the nature/characteristic/ability/gender to the chart.

I hope this helps
Old April 8th, 2012, 05:17 PM
institutions

So, say I find a seed that looks good. I'd look at the encounter slot of that seed/pokemon, and then could find any one of the Pokemon in that column of the encounter slot chart and it'd have those IVs/nature/etc.?

Like, I find a good seed and see it's got encounter slot 4. Since i'm doing wild grass pokemon on Black, I could go to Desert Resort and get a Maractus, Route 13 and get a Solrock, Wellspring Cave and get a Roggenrola (etc etc), and they'd all match what I found in RNG Reporter?
Old April 8th, 2012, 06:35 PM
Cordelia
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by institutions View Post
So, say I find a seed that looks good. I'd look at the encounter slot of that seed/pokemon, and then could find any one of the Pokemon in that column of the encounter slot chart and it'd have those IVs/nature/etc.?

Like, I find a good seed and see it's got encounter slot 4. Since i'm doing wild grass pokemon on Black, I could go to Desert Resort and get a Maractus, Route 13 and get a Solrock, Wellspring Cave and get a Roggenrola (etc etc), and they'd all match what I found in RNG Reporter?
Yes as long as you hit your seed and timer0.

BTW everyone I am extending the challenge by two days to hopefully give some people some more time to participate.
Old April 8th, 2012, 07:10 PM
institutions

Oh cool. Thanks for the help once again!
Old April 9th, 2012, 03:00 AM
CrazyMrHans
Drunk and slightly Irish

Magikarp
OT: Hans ID: 12288
Adamant | Swift Swim
| Splash |
31 | 31 | 31 | XX | 31 | 31

My entry for the competition, how has Magikarp improved? It doesn't have to because it's the best damn pokemon ever. You see that shiny? SOLID MOTHER****ING GOLD. You know what egg group it's in? Dragon. Same group as these ugly *****es.

ALL THESE ****S ARE LINING UP TO GET A PIECE OF THIS. Why? Cause he's a SOLID. GOLD. BADASS. Who's the only level 100 pokemon in the wild? GOD DAMN MAGIKARP. You know the only thing wrong with Magikarp? He's gonna try and turn into some punk Gyarados, but that's what the B button's for.
Old April 9th, 2012, 06:37 AM
Cordelia
Banned

Quote:

Magikarp
OT: Hans ID: 12288
Adamant | Swift Swim
| Splash |
31 | 31 | 31 | XX | 31 | 31

My entry for the competition, how has Magikarp improved? It doesn't have to because it's the best damn pokemon ever. You see that shiny? SOLID MOTHER****ING GOLD. You know what egg group it's in? Dragon. Same group as these ugly *****es.

ALL THESE ****S ARE LINING UP TO GET A PIECE OF THIS. Why? Cause he's a SOLID. GOLD. BADASS. Who's the only level 100 pokemon in the wild? GOD DAMN MAGIKARP. You know the only thing wrong with Magikarp? He's gonna try and turn into some punk Gyarados, but that's what the B button's for.
Even though Magikarp has always been rather... lackluster, it seems to have grown on you quite a bit! Also, Gyarados was UU in Gen 1 and 2, then moved to OU afterward... nice job
Old April 9th, 2012, 07:42 AM
CrazyMrHans
Drunk and slightly Irish

Quote:
Even though Magikarp has always been rather... lackluster, it seems to have grown on you quite a bit! Also, Gyarados was UU in Gen 1 and 2, then moved to OU afterward... nice job :)
Coincidentally I'm playing around with the idea of a Magikarp with a focus sash and flail, all I'd need was a baton passer to give it 3 swords dances. But this is for a different thread.

Last edited by Olli; April 9th, 2012 at 08:13 AM. Reason: That image... kinda bypasses the censors.
Old April 9th, 2012, 09:16 AM
Cordelia
Banned

Quote:
Coincidentally I'm playing around with the idea of a Magikarp with a focus sash and flail, all I'd need was a baton passer to give it 3 swords dances. But this is for a different thread.
Hahaha... now that would be quite amusing to watch indeed. B) I haven't been RNGing too much lately, been working a LOT... and also now at my parents house until Thursday watching their house and dogs while they're out of town. I did two SS BPs (two Eevees) but I haven't uploaded them to Pokecheck just yet. I have some 5th gen BPs to do as well. Hopefully can get to those soon.
Old April 10th, 2012, 08:42 AM
Jak
eye of the needle

That will work, actually. There's a video of a Magikarp taking out a team of ubers with that strategy. Needs Smeargle support. ;)
Old April 10th, 2012, 12:47 PM
oocyst
Bara baby
Community Supporter Tier 3

Nature: Bold
I saw that before, get a smeargle with belly drum and baton pass that to magikarp, get it to 1 hp with focus sash and then flail everything to death.

Okay back to rng stuff now! I decided to rng volcarona because I hadn't yet!

Volcarona
Flame Body|lvl. 70|Timid|HP Rock 70
31|31|30|31|30|30
Silver Wind|Quiver Dance|Heat Wave|Bug Buzz

Sponsored Links