The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon General

Notices

Pokémon General Theories, experiences and other discussions regarding the Pokémon franchise that can't be covered in any of the other boards.

Advertise here

Old April 7th, 2012, 03:37 PM
PokeHumanManectric
Leader of the PMD Team

Nature: Careful

Advertise here
Why do people think Zoroark, Lucario, and sometimes even Pikachu are legendary! This annoys me.
I think there are two reasons for this, in my opinion:
They assume they are, because Zoroark and Lucario both have their own movies and Pikachu is just the main Pokemon.
They're not Pokemon fans enough to look at official reasons why they aren't legendary.

What do you guys think?

<- CLICK ME
Old April 7th, 2012, 03:49 PM
bwburke94
NEW RUN STARTS AUGUST 1! 000/721

Nature: Relaxed
And then there's the Phione discussion. Let's not get into that, since there WILL be flame wars over Phione.

3DS Friend Code: 0645-5804-7602

I'm just a little crazy sometimes.
OK, a lot crazy all the time.

My romhacks and Essentials games are on hold until Essentials is updated.
Old April 7th, 2012, 04:33 PM
camoclone
Beginning Trainer

[SIZE="a"]Isn't no ledgendary pokemon evolves (yet) so they can't be.[/SIZE]
Old April 8th, 2012, 05:56 PM
BBA_Beyblader_321
♥ the abbey boys

Nature: Sassy
It annoys me too. In all honesty, I think it's mostly the pokemon who have had their own movies. Or something that has made them special.
Old April 8th, 2012, 08:47 PM
Scorpiopt

they are at most pseudo legendary Zoroark and Lucario ). and Pikachu ? never heard of that one before

Old April 8th, 2012, 08:58 PM
Turn-it
Coordinator/Elite Trainer

Nature: Relaxed
I admit, when I first heard about Zorark I thought it was legendary but that's because I didn't know about little Zorua. Easy mistake. But saying they aren't pokemon fans or aren't big enough fans because they didn't know is a bit much but to each his own. :D
Old April 9th, 2012, 05:17 AM
Scorpiopt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turn-it View Post
I admit, when I first heard about Zorark I thought it was legendary but that's because I didn't know about little Zorua. Easy mistake. But saying they aren't pokemon fans or aren't big enough fans because they didn't know is a bit much but to each his own. :D
Agree
Most people that think that Zoroark and Lucario are legendary do so because they have their own movies and held on their own against legendary pokemon
Same may lead people to think Unknown being legendary because of the movie and their ability

Old April 9th, 2012, 05:35 AM
EGKangaroo
Tail-bumps for all 'roolovers!

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to EGKangaroo Send a message via Skype™ to EGKangaroo
They're pseudo-legendary yeah, but deffo not full-blown legendary.
Old April 9th, 2012, 07:11 AM
TheFattestSnorlax
notice me senpai
Community Supporter

Nature: Mild
Found an interesting factoid.

Arcanine's description is "The Legendary Pokemon" While in fact it isn't a legendary at all!
Old April 9th, 2012, 07:14 AM
Limanya
Page of Breath

Nature: Docile
And Arcanine isn't even a pseudo-legendary! Zoroark and Lucario aren't pseudo-legendary too. But Dragonite, Tyranitar, Salamence, Metagross, Garchomp and Hydreigon are.
Old April 9th, 2012, 08:37 AM
Atomic Pirate
I always win.

Nature: Impish
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpiopt View Post
they are at most pseudo legendary Zoroark and Lucario ). and Pikachu ? never heard of that one before
Lucario and Zoroark are not Pseudo-legendaries. Are they 3rd evolutions? No. Do they have Base-Stat Totals of 600? No. Thus, they are not Pseudo-Legendaries.

If they were legendaries, then I would hate them even more than I already do, if that's even possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFattestSnorlax View Post
Found an interesting factoid.

Arcanine's description is "The Legendary Pokemon" While in fact it isn't a legendary at all!
Arcanine is the "Legendary Pokemon" because of it's appearance, based off a mythical Koma-Inu.

PM me if you add me.

My Friend Safari is Water-type, with Gyarados, Azumarill, and Octillery.

Last edited by Atomic Pirate; April 9th, 2012 at 08:43 AM.
Old April 9th, 2012, 09:09 AM
EGKangaroo
Tail-bumps for all 'roolovers!

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to EGKangaroo Send a message via Skype™ to EGKangaroo
Well, apparently, people have already named this group of pokémon semi-pseudo-legendaries, but really, there comes a point where it just gets ridiculous when you have to add 2 prefixes just to get to one group of pokémon whom are commonly believed to be legendary because of their features in movies, base stats not reaching the full 600 or above, or just plainly the apparent lore involving them that impacts the history of the pokémon world to at least some degree. It seems to me that trying to come up with an official definition for pokémon who are not officially legendary but still are considered legendary goes just a little bit too far and is too much influenced by subjectivity in the first place to really be bothered with. To be frank though, I really don't understand what the big deal is about people who consider pokémon legendary or even just pseudo-legendary when they officially aren't because the standards they use for it are different. Big woop-tee-doo, really.
Old April 9th, 2012, 09:38 AM
Scorpiopt

What makes a pseudo legendary ? has 3 evolutions? its stats? being close to the legendary in pokedex number?
Why it has to be so strict ? in the end pseudo legendary are just a concept to classify certain pokemons , and those are open to personal interpretation and can be changed
Even the Legendary "rules" were shaken wen Manaphy and Phione showed up

Not everything has to be black and white

Old April 9th, 2012, 11:51 AM
Jobrjo
Mime Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PokeHumanManectric View Post
Why do people think Zoroark, Lucario, and sometimes even Pikachu are legendary! This annoys me.
I think there are two reasons for this, in my opinion:
They assume they are, because Zoroark and Lucario both have their own movies and Pikachu is just the main Pokemon.
They're not Pokemon fans enough to look at official reasons why they aren't legendary.

What do you guys think?
Congragulations my friend, you just answered your question
Old April 9th, 2012, 12:13 PM
Outkin
OM*G PIKMIN 3!!!

It doesn't help that some pokemon have overpowered god-like abilities in the Anime/Movies. Moves hit harder then they should, abilities are blown up and abused.....it's almost (or is it?) at the point where the anime and the games are two completely different series, and what do most "Normal" people see more/first? Then they're left thinking these pokemon are legendary because they have flashy epic abilities....

Old April 9th, 2012, 12:52 PM
TheFattestSnorlax
notice me senpai
Community Supporter

Nature: Mild
Come to think of it, I have seen people on the internet that say that snorlax is a legendary...
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here