The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio
Sign Up Rules/FAQ Live Battle Blogs Mark Forums Read

Notices

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.


Advertise here

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Thread Tools
  #1    
Old March 11th, 2012, 01:40 PM
DaleH771's Avatar
DaleH771
I know who you are.
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Gender: Male

Advertise here
Pokemon: Adventure to Empire Isle

[FIRERED Hack]

Intro + Basic Story

You lived in Pallet Town, you were as happy as larry living at home with your mum, when suddenly your mum fell violently ill. As she was taken to Sinnoh to receive treatment, it was seen as best if you were not to see your poor mother in such a state, and so you are sent away from Pallet Town and to the Sevii Islands, to live with your Auntie and Uncle on Three Island. Your uncle however is no where to be seen, and is said to currently being trialled as a Gym Leader in a place known as Empire Isle. As your acting father figure he now becomes your role model and so you set out to accomplish the same as him, with the objective to reach Empire Isle immediately.

You awaken in your room, slumped over your desk after a heavy night at Prof. Redwoods house, your neighbour. He had held a party the whole island had attended. It turns out you left your new unbattled Pokemon next door accidentally and so you set off to get it back, and meet Prof. Redwoods son, Kane Redwood for the first time and do battle, and so your journey begins as you train your Pokemon and try to reach your uncle on an independent journey. On your journey you'll meet fellow trainers, grow stronger, fight criminals in the form of Team Rocket (Making their final stand) and do your best to find and defeat your uncle, and become recognised champion of Empire Isle.

Screenshots!
(Everyone's favourite part!)
(Old) Beta 0.1 Tiles
Spoiler:

Sevii Islands
Spoiler:


Empire Isle
Spoiler:
Batch 1
Spoiler:


Batch 2
Spoiler:


(Old) Beta 0.2+ Tiles
(Check it out! Found a shiny Dunsparce whilst Testing the new tiles! :D)
Spoiler:
Sevii Islands
Spoiler:

Empire Isle
Spoiler:


(New) Beta 0.3+ Tiles







Features of this hack?
- Starts on the Sevii islands.
- A whole new region, Empire Isle!
- Pokemon from the first 3 generations!
- Beautiful Palette changes.
- New tiles and character sprite (Maybe!) in due time.
- Totally new story, what would of happened if Reds single mother did suddenly fall ill?
- 8 royal badges, not all earned in the usual manner.
- Meet royalty, high profile criminals and make what you think are friends along the way.
- Increased difficulty level!
- In house battles in almost every Town/City.
- Return and battles against Gary Oak!
- Opportunity to battle Prof. Oak!

Bugs and Errors
Spoiler:
- Empire Isle Port-House has strange border block error.
- Gym Leaders require talking to for badge once defeated.
- Snorlax battles currently not working.
- TM for ShadowBall featured twice.


Pokemon Stat & Evo edits
Spoiler:
Machoke Lvl 42 > Machamp
Graveller Lvl 42 > Golem
Haunter Lvl 40 > Gengar
Kadabra Lvl 36 > Alakazam
Golbat Lvl 42 > Crobat
Onix Lvl 52 > Steelix
Seadra Lvl 48 > Kingdra
Scyther Lvl 36 > Scizor
Porygon Lvl 35 > Porygon2
Poliwhirl Lvl 38 > Poliwrath
Poliwhirl - Sun Stone > Politoed
Eevee - Moon Stone = Umbreon, Sun Stone = Espeon
Slowbro Friendly = Slowking
Clamperl - Use DeepSeaTooth for Huntail, DeepSeaScale for Gorebyss

Abra, Kadabra & Alakazam stat increase (Rivals Starter & Evos)


Revised TM List
Spoiler:
TM01 - Focus Punch
TM02 - Dragon Claw
TM03 - Water Pulse
TM04 - Calm Mind
TM05 - Double-Edge
TM06 - Toxic
TM07 - Hail
TM08 - Shadow Ball
TM09 - Bullet Seed
TM10 - Hidden Power
TM11 - Razor Wind
TM12 - Hydro Pump
TM13 - Ice Beam
TM14 - Blizzard
TM15 - Hyper Beam
TM16 - Selfdestruct
TM17 - Slash
TM18 - Cross Chop
TM19 - Giga Drain
TM20 - Magnitude
TM21 - Frustration
TM22 - Solarbeam
TM23 - Metal Claw
TM24 - Thunderbolt
TM25 - Thunder
TM26 - Earthquake
TM27 - Return
TM28 - Dig
TM29 - Psychic
TM30 - Shadow Ball
TM31 - Brick Break
TM32 - Double Team
TM33 - Explosion
TM34 - Shock Wave
TM35 - Flamethrower
TM36 - Sludge Bomb
TM37 - False Swipe
TM38 - Fire Blast
TM39 - Magical Leaf
TM40 - Aerial Ace
TM41 - Recover
TM42 - Facade
TM43 - Secret Power
TM44 - Tri Attack
TM45 - Dragonbreath
TM46 - Crunch
TM47 - Steel Wing
TM48 - Poison Fang
TM49 - Extremespeed
TM50 - Overheat


Beta 0.3 ReRelease
Spoiler:
Here it is!

http://www.sendspace.com/file/4fpqff

It should work.
This shows you through a huge chunk of the Empire Isle. In Beta 0.3 we have our first encounters with the no good Team Rocket. Please provide feedback for this guys, took a lot of work!

This ones a patch designed to be applied to a basic Firered ROM.

Check the progress reports below for more information.

Updated Beta 0.3 Help Document - Recommended!
http://www.sendspace.com/file/7qiuvl

Basically, this one is huge. What you will see is almost twice as much activity in Empire Isle and the start of your struggle to bring down Team Rocket, who are operating simultaneously in Kanto and Empire Isle, redistributing profits from selling rare Pokemon caught in Empire Isle to their colleagues in Kanto.

Now you will be able to earn up to 4 Royal Badges, and also visit the town Gym 5 is based in however it remains locked until the next instalment in which your fight against Team Rocket really takes off (Pardon the pun).

Beto 0.3 resulted in my party having a Lvl 38, Lvl 39, Lvl 39 and a Lvl 40!You also get the pleasure of meeting the one and only... Gary Oak!

For your help!
My party as of ending Beta 0.3
Sceptile, Level 39.
Swellow, Level 39.
Arcanine, Level 38.
Raichu, Level 40.
Dunsparce (Shiny), Level 4.
Tyrogue, Level 15.


Improvements from Beta 0.3 and To-Dos for Beta 0.4
Spoiler:
None yet!


Current Progress - June 13th 2012
Spoiler:
Mapping
Spoiler:
Three Island (Beta 0.1+)
Bond Bridge (Beta 0.1+)
Berry Forest (Beta 0.1+)
Three Isle Port (Beta 0.1+)
Two Island (Beta 0.1+)
Cape Brink (Beta 0.1+)
One Island (Beta 0.1+)
Empire Isle Port (Beta 0.1+)
Kingsfield (Beta 0.1+)

Isle 6 (50%) (Beta 0.2+)
Isle 2 (Beta 0.2+)
Isle Caverns (Beta 0.2+)
Isle 3 (Beta 0.2+)
Isle 5 (Beta 0.2+)
Oceanside (Beta 0.2+)
Isle 4 (Beta 0.2+)
Empire City (Beta 0.2+)


Isle 7 (Beta 0.3+)
Isle 6 (Part 2) (Beta 0.3+)

Maple Town (Beta 0.3+)
Empire Forest (Beta 0.3+)
Queensbridge (Beta 0.3+)
Isle 8 (Beta 0.3+)
Isle 9 (Beta 0.3+)
Isle Stonehaven (Beta 0.3+)
Isle 10 (Beta 0.3+)
St. Reginalds (Beta 0.3+)
Isle 11 (Beta 0.3+)

Royalstone (Beta 0.4+)


Scripting
Spoiler:
Three Island (Beta 0.1+)
Bond Bridge (Beta 0.1+)
Berry Forest (Beta 0.1+)
Three Isle Port (Beta 0.1+)
Two Island (Beta 0.1+)
Cape Brink (Beta 0.1+)
One Island (Beta 0.1+)
Empire Isle Port (Beta 0.1+)
Kingsfield (Beta 0.1+)

Isle 2 (Beta 0.2+)

Isle Caverns (Beta 0.2+)
Isle 3 (Beta 0.2+)
Isle 5 (Beta 0.2+)
Oceanside (Beta 0.2+)
Isle 4 (Beta 0.2+)

Empire City (Beta 0.2+)

Isle 7 (Beta 0.3+)
Isle 6 (Part 2) (Beta 0.3+)

Maple Town (Beta 0.3+)
Empire Forest (Beta 0.3+)
Queensbridge (Beta 0.3+)
Isle 8 (Beta 0.3+)
Isle 9 (Beta 0.3+)
Isle Stonehaven (Beta 0.3+)
Isle 10 (Beta 0.3+)
St. Reginalds (Beta 0.3+)
Isle 11 (Beta 0.3+)

Royalstone (Beta 0.4+)


A word of Notice
Spoiler:
I am currently doing my A Levels, have a 21 hour a week part time job and girlfriend, progress won't necessarily be fast I'm afraid guys!


Constructive criticism is always welcome, but please no being offensive or too aggressive, Pokehacking is just a fun little hobby of mine in life, nothing too serious!

Credits
KyleDove - Tiles
DaleH771 (Myself!) - Everything else!

Last edited by DaleH771; June 17th, 2012 at 10:33 AM. Reason: Beta 0.3 RELEASED.
  #2    
Old March 13th, 2012, 03:52 AM
giradialkia's Avatar
giradialkia
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Ireland
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Nature: Timid
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to giradialkia
Approved, but those pallete changes sorta resemble those of an older release of Pokemon Shiny Gold to me- I could be wrong, but if I'm right then I'm afraid you'll either need to credit Zel (assuming he allows for people to freely use his ROM for resources) or change the palettes to something else.

Aside from that, it's going to be very interesting to play through a hack where you start in one of the Sevii islands (and it should be interesting to play through the Orange Islands, too :P). It's pretty much early days so far, but good stuff, keep it coming :)
__________________

This one's called 'Red', and it's actually kinda Pokémon themed, so have a listen! Check out the links below for more stuff, if you like this!



This is the Doctor
This is my Soundcloud
This is my bandcamp

My Pokémon Y character is the same as my username. If you see me as a Passerby let me know! I tend to get a lot of Passerby requests and I often wonder if it's people from this site.
  #3    
Old March 13th, 2012, 07:47 AM
DaleH771's Avatar
DaleH771
I know who you are.
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Gender: Male
Quote:
Originally Posted by giradialkia View Post
Approved, but those pallete changes sorta resemble those of an older release of Pokemon Shiny Gold to me- I could be wrong, but if I'm right then I'm afraid you'll either need to credit Zel (assuming he allows for people to freely use his ROM for resources) or change the palettes to something else.

Aside from that, it's going to be very interesting to play through a hack where you start in one of the Sevii islands (and it should be interesting to play through the Orange Islands, too ). It's pretty much early days so far, but good stuff, keep it coming
I've had a look some older versions and yeah the look a little similar, I'll give Zel a message and if not I'll try and change the Palettes a little more. It's mainly the grass and tree shading that resemble old Shiny Gold.
  #4    
Old March 13th, 2012, 02:06 PM
tommzy09
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Wherever he said Orange Islands, I think he meant Sevii islands which is still cool. Looking good so far
  #5    
Old March 13th, 2012, 02:39 PM
DaleH771's Avatar
DaleH771
I know who you are.
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Gender: Male
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommzy09 View Post
Wherever he said Orange Islands, I think he meant Sevii islands which is still cool. Looking good so far
*Curses*

Yeah, I meant Sevii but I did want the Orange islands to feature in the hack! Can you tell I was tired when I did this? I'll make thread a little clearer
  #6    
Old March 14th, 2012, 11:51 AM
fanp's Avatar
fanp
Pokemon Legacy Creator
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Cerulean City, Kanto
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Nature: Adamant
So you begin in the sevvi islands, then go to the empire isle and in the end to the orange islands, right?
Can you specify how work the badge system?
(Sorry so much question)
I like the palettes(the palettes in the tree of the 8th screen(sevii islands) are messed up)
Good luck.
__________________
Pokemon Legacy
Beta 1.0 - Coming Soon


  #7    
Old March 14th, 2012, 02:06 PM
DaleH771's Avatar
DaleH771
I know who you are.
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Gender: Male
Quote:
Originally Posted by fanp View Post
So you begin in the sevvi islands, then go to the empire isle and in the end to the orange islands, right?
Can you specify how work the badge system?
(Sorry so much question)
I like the palettes(the palettes in the tree of the 8th screen(sevii islands) are messed up)
Good luck.
Cheers for the questions, I like them helps me develop my idea as I haven't planned it all out myself!

You start on the Sevii Islands and venture through Empire Isle. There will be a part of the game featuring a trip to (A small segment of) Johto and also a few of the Orange Islands at the end. The amount I feature on the Orange Islands depends on what the ROM can handle after I finish Empire Isle.

The Gym badges are royal symbols/emblems. You earn 7 through battling Gyms, and then a final badge has to be earned from the ruler of Empire Isle (Lord Gerald Empire). And then you take on the Assembly of Royals (Elite 4 and Champion).

With regards to the palette error, I did notice that and attempt to rectify it, but the grass palette was being affected too much so I thought it'd have to do how it is. I may look into it again in the future cheers for the inquiries!
  #8    
Old March 14th, 2012, 02:11 PM
tommzy09
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
I Think you should scrap the whole idea of doing the orange islands and instead, expand upon the Sevii islands and empire isle. Maybe set it 3-4 years in the future and add new things around the Sevii islands, like maybe 2 island has more people living there now and that maybe the ruins of alph collapsed. Just a little extra and then be unique with Empire Isle.
  #9    
Old March 14th, 2012, 02:41 PM
DaleH771's Avatar
DaleH771
I know who you are.
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Gender: Male
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommzy09 View Post
I Think you should scrap the whole idea of doing the orange islands and instead, expand upon the Sevii islands and empire isle. Maybe set it 3-4 years in the future and add new things around the Sevii islands, like maybe 2 island has more people living there now and that maybe the ruins of alph collapsed. Just a little extra and then be unique with Empire Isle.
Hmmm, the idea is tempting, although I have a idea of what I can use the Ruins of Alph for already. Tomorrow or Friday I'm going review the use of the orange islands etc, between sixth form and work I'll have a think. Cheers for the ideas!
  #10    
Old April 3rd, 2012, 02:18 PM
Sean.Warner's Avatar
Sean.Warner
Beginning Trainer
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Gender: Male
don't sweat the release date, it looks really cool
  #11    
Old April 3rd, 2012, 02:21 PM
Sean.Warner's Avatar
Sean.Warner
Beginning Trainer
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Gender: Male
i really dig the color change
  #12    
Old April 10th, 2012, 12:23 PM
DaleH771's Avatar
DaleH771
I know who you are.
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Gender: Male
Update
Beta 0.1 Released!


Beta 0.1 download link! (4.7mb)


Also, screenshots from areas to be featured in Beta 0.2!

New Screenshots!
Spoiler:


Please give me some feedback on Beta 0.1 and what more you'd like to see. This isn't the wildest of hacks but I hope to make a fun, worth playing hack that's not too overblown or mad!
  #13    
Old April 10th, 2012, 12:30 PM
fanp's Avatar
fanp
Pokemon Legacy Creator
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Cerulean City, Kanto
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Nature: Adamant
DaleH771 i see you change the palletes , nothing more...the maps are good for what i see in the screens.
I will download the beta and tell you what i think about.
__________________
Pokemon Legacy
Beta 1.0 - Coming Soon


  #14    
Old April 10th, 2012, 12:39 PM
DaleH771's Avatar
DaleH771
I know who you are.
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Gender: Male
Quote:
Originally Posted by fanp View Post
DaleH771 i see you change the palletes , nothing more...the maps are good for what i see in the screens.
I will download the beta and tell you what i think about.
Tile inserting is something I have never tried. I'm considering putting a position up looking for someone to insert D\P Poke Centres and Marts, and maybe a few buildings too! And thanks, be sure to let me know what you think. As I've mentioned, Beta 0.1 isn't overly brilliant, Beta 0.2 will be far better when you get more in depth into Empire Isle.
  #15    
Old April 10th, 2012, 01:03 PM
fanp's Avatar
fanp
Pokemon Legacy Creator
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Cerulean City, Kanto
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Nature: Adamant
Tile inserting is more easy than looks.
I learn how to insert tiles with a tutorial and it's easy(i just use paint and AM).
__________________
Pokemon Legacy
Beta 1.0 - Coming Soon


  #16    
Old April 10th, 2012, 01:48 PM
DeagleAc3
Unhatched Egg
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Gender: Male
Just played a little found one bug, when you retrieve your Pokemon then battle your rival "insertnamehere" you can leave where you found him, come back and he's there again, talk to him and he dissapears. The problem is that he's there when you come back, very small, minor bug though just thought I'd point it out.
  #17    
Old April 10th, 2012, 02:06 PM
DaleH771's Avatar
DaleH771
I know who you are.
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Gender: Male
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeagleAc3 View Post
Just played a little found one bug, when you retrieve your Pokemon then battle your rival "insertnamehere" you can leave where you found him, come back and he's there again, talk to him and he dissapears. The problem is that he's there when you come back, very small, minor bug though just thought I'd point it out.
Cheers for the comment bud.

This is a bug I am aware of and happens in all Rival instances. I cannot find the latest Pokescript and so my removesprite function does not work, so I have no way to remove his sprite permanently from the game. Until this problem has been rectified I have left him there but made him vanish for ease.

The same occurs when you want to enter certain areas, you must talk to certain individuals to pass through as I also do not know how to make setmaptile movement permissions permanent.
  #18    
Old April 10th, 2012, 02:07 PM
DeagleAc3
Unhatched Egg
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Gender: Male
Another VERY small problem (wouldn't necessarily call it a bug), when you have your rival battle at Empire Isle Port there is a grammar error after beating your rival. He says "Kadabra and Me" should be "Kadabra and I" very small problem.

Spotted another bug, there's this pokeball in Empire Isle Port, you cannot collect the item in it.

Here's a screenshot of where the pokeball is.


Last edited by DeagleAc3; April 10th, 2012 at 02:18 PM.
  #19    
Old April 10th, 2012, 02:39 PM
DaleH771's Avatar
DaleH771
I know who you are.
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Gender: Male
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeagleAc3 View Post
Another VERY small problem (wouldn't necessarily call it a bug), when you have your rival battle at Empire Isle Port there is a grammar error after beating your rival. He says "Kadabra and Me" should be "Kadabra and I" very small problem.

Spotted another bug, there's this pokeball in Empire Isle Port, you cannot collect the item in it.

Here's a screenshot of where the pokeball is.

Again, thanks for the grammar error

With regards to the Pokeball, they are all currently like that, this is because my current scripting tool doesn't function properly, but for Beta 0.2 these shall be rectified as I have XSE. This problem however too was listed above however
  #20    
Old April 11th, 2012, 11:05 AM
0shawott's Avatar
0shawott
Togepi
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Wow, I've just started playing this hack and I'm really impressed! I love how you're expanding on the Sevii Isles, as I always loved those when I first played Fire Red. I hope you continue to work on this, and am anxious for the next beta release! Keep up the good work!

One more thing, do you plan on editing any of the movesets / base stats for the Pokémon to make them more balanced? I love playing hacks like Expert Emerald where many of the Pokémon lacking in terms of base stats and shallow movepools have been improved, and would love to see this kind of thing in you hack. Obviously, that's just my opinion and many others wouldn't agree, so it's up to you. Also, did you plan on creating a mini 'guide' showing which routes contain which Pokémon? I'd really appreciate this too, but I understand it's easy for me to ask these things.
  #21    
Old April 11th, 2012, 11:35 AM
DaleH771's Avatar
DaleH771
I know who you are.
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Gender: Male
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0shawott View Post
Wow, I've just started playing this hack and I'm really impressed! I love how you're expanding on the Sevii Isles, as I always loved those when I first played Fire Red. I hope you continue to work on this, and am anxious for the next beta release! Keep up the good work!

One more thing, do you plan on editing any of the movesets / base stats for the Pokémon to make them more balanced? I love playing hacks like Expert Emerald where many of the Pokémon lacking in terms of base stats and shallow movepools have been improved, and would love to see this kind of thing in you hack. Obviously, that's just my opinion and many others wouldn't agree, so it's up to you. Also, did you plan on creating a mini 'guide' showing which routes contain which Pokémon? I'd really appreciate this too, but I understand it's easy for me to ask these things.
Thanks, such kind words

With regards to Pokemon move sets and base stats, well I've not really given that much thought... It's something I may incorporate into the game but not until a later date

And the mini-guide, well I've already added a Hack Document with the Beta as a separate download. This outlines all the current bugs and problems I have with scripting etc. It also contains How-Tos. However as every Isle features rare Pokemon (1 or 2 different Pokemon at the 1% ecouter ratio) I may start to include with routes contain which rare Pokemon, and also the locations of Key and Rare items this is more likely to come with Beta 0.2 or 0.3
  #22    
Old April 11th, 2012, 11:54 AM
0shawott's Avatar
0shawott
Togepi
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleH771 View Post
Thanks, such kind words

With regards to Pokemon move sets and base stats, well I've not really given that much thought... It's something I may incorporate into the game but not until a later date

And the mini-guide, well I've already added a Hack Document with the Beta as a separate download. This outlines all the current bugs and problems I have with scripting etc. It also contains How-Tos. However as every Isle features rare Pokemon (1 or 2 different Pokemon at the 1% ecouter ratio) I may start to include with routes contain which rare Pokemon, and also the locations of Key and Rare items this is more likely to come with Beta 0.2 or 0.3
Awesome! Glad to hear that, and thanks for the reply. Another couple of things I thought I'd ask about are:
Do you think you could implement running inside buildings?
Have you changed how certain Pokémon evolve (eg. Ones that usually evolve by trading, now evolve by levelling up)?
And finally, will you still have move tutors? I want my Machoke to have Rock Slide!
Thanks again!
  #23    
Old April 11th, 2012, 01:15 PM
DaleH771's Avatar
DaleH771
I know who you are.
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Gender: Male
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0shawott View Post
Awesome! Glad to hear that, and thanks for the reply. Another couple of things I thought I'd ask about are:
Do you think you could implement running inside buildings?
Have you changed how certain Pokémon evolve (eg. Ones that usually evolve by trading, now evolve by levelling up)?
And finally, will you still have move tutors? I want my Machoke to have Rock Slide!
Thanks again!
Running inside buildings... Not a necessity but if it doesn't require too much messing around then yes. I'm sure it's only a simple change on Advance Map.

I haven't changed Pokemon yet evolutions but I sure will be for Beta 0.2 when people will need it for Machop, Geodude etc!

And I will yes. There's a guy on Two Island, not sure if he is one of them? Thanks again!
  #24    
Old April 12th, 2012, 02:01 AM
0shawott's Avatar
0shawott
Togepi
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
One thing I've noticed is that everyone except Nurse Joy say 'Pokemon', as opposed to 'POKéMON' or 'Pokémon'. I don't know whether this was intentional, but it seems to be consistent, which is ok.
One of the people in the forest says 'I'm busying studying these Bug Pokemon hard', which sounds a little strange: http://d.pr/j8kr+
Also, the boy on the bridge says that 'Fire moves are weak against Water types', which makes sense, but wouldn't it make more sense if it were 'Fire types are weak against Water moves'? http://d.pr/s8dg+
Again, pretty minor, but I thought I'd point it out.
Both sailors at Three Island Port have their lines cut off: http://d.pr/DiUY+
The sign on Two Island gives out unlimited Revives, I don't know whether this was intentional? http://d.pr/rb7K+
I feel so annoying for nit picking... The Pokemon/Pokémon one doesn't matter as long as it's consistent, and the Fire/Water one doesn't really matter since it still makes sense.

EDIT: Any idea why this happens when I open the .sav in Encyclopedia? (see attachment) I want to find my Pokémon's IVs, but Encyclopedia hasn't been working great for me lately. Does anyone have any other Gen III save editor? /offtopic
Attached Images
File Type: png Capture.PNG‎ (30.9 KB, 26 views) (Save to Dropbox)

Last edited by 0shawott; April 12th, 2012 at 02:34 AM.
  #25    
Old April 13th, 2012, 02:10 AM
DaleH771's Avatar
DaleH771
I know who you are.
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Gender: Male
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0shawott View Post
One thing I've noticed is that everyone except Nurse Joy say 'Pokemon', as opposed to 'POKéMON' or 'Pokémon'. I don't know whether this was intentional, but it seems to be consistent, which is ok.
One of the people in the forest says 'I'm busying studying these Bug Pokemon hard', which sounds a little strange: http://d.pr/j8kr+
Also, the boy on the bridge says that 'Fire moves are weak against Water types', which makes sense, but wouldn't it make more sense if it were 'Fire types are weak against Water moves'? http://d.pr/s8dg+
Again, pretty minor, but I thought I'd point it out.
Both sailors at Three Island Port have their lines cut off: http://d.pr/DiUY+
The sign on Two Island gives out unlimited Revives, I don't know whether this was intentional? http://d.pr/rb7K+
I feel so annoying for nit picking... The Pokemon/Pokémon one doesn't matter as long as it's consistent, and the Fire/Water one doesn't really matter since it still makes sense.

EDIT: Any idea why this happens when I open the .sav in Encyclopedia? (see attachment) I want to find my Pokémon's IVs, but Encyclopedia hasn't been working great for me lately. Does anyone have any other Gen III save editor? /offtopic
The Pokemon/POKEMON thing is something I'll leave how it is. Everyone Sade from nurse my will say Pokemon throughout the game. I just can't edit her script to be the same.

That Tuber kid... It did originally say Water moves are strong against fire types but I changed t for some reason... Haha. I'll give that a look over later.

The Two Island sign certainly wasn't intentional, that's definitely being changed and again thanks for pointing that out!

The sailors at the port. I noticed that bt accidently deleted their original script and forgot to re do it, I'll get that sorted for Beta 0.2 also once I figure which flags I need etc.

Don't feel annoying, this is good stuff that I failed to notice! Any improvement is good ;D
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links


Advertise here
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Minimum Characters Per Post: 25



All times are UTC -8. The time now is 05:54 AM.


Style by Nymphadora, artwork by Sa-Dui.
Like our Facebook Page Follow us on Twitter © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity™, pokecommunity.com.
Pokémon characters and images belong to The Pokémon Company International and Nintendo. This website is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Nintendo, Creatures, GAMEFREAK, The Pokémon Company or The Pokémon Company International. We just love Pokémon.
All forum styles, their images (unless noted otherwise) and site designs are © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity / PokéCommunity.com.
PokéCommunity™ is a trademark of The PokéCommunity. All rights reserved. Sponsor advertisements do not imply our endorsement of that product or service. User generated content remains the property of its creator.