• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

5th Gen [Spoiler]New Gyms? Gym Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

TCB

Tranquilo.
Years
I approve of a Dark-type gym wholeheartingly.

I see that most , if not all, of the gyms could be replaced. Still, in the span of two years makes me wonder if all of the original gym leaders are replaced, what will make of them? Will some still be a part of the story? Will a couple remain in their postition?

And based on what I seen in the map, most of the entire eastern side of Unova is frozen, and more towns/city is shown in the bottom right of the region (looks like your new starting town for the main protagonists). Maybe the tradition 8 Gyms may not be the standard this time around.

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
Years
Put a Gym in Anvil Town! That part of the map can be fleshed out and make Anvil Town a complete city with it's own Gym.

There could be 10 Gym - ala the fighting type gym in Saffron City in R/B.

Also, parts of the map like Nuvema Town might not be accessable till the end of the game. Who knows? So, the Trio Gym might be a post-game triple battle.

The Shadow Triad would make really cool secret bosses. You round them up one by one across Unova, then you battle them together in a legendary dragon Rotation battle!

(the level 11 lilipup is the perfect cover for the shadow triad, or proff that the trio gym leaders are NOT that cool.)

blue

gucci
Years
I'd guess that Homika (Poison type leader) and she has 2 Pokémon... I think they will Trubbish & Foongus and as for the water gym leader let's say he has 3 mid game I'd go for, Frillish, Alomomola & Simipour. Also I do hope there are a couple more new gym leaders, maybe Drayden has retired or something, I'm hoping for a dark type gym leader atleast.

TCB

Tranquilo.
Years
Put a Gym in Anvil Town! That part of the map can be fleshed out and make Anvil Town a complete city with it's own Gym.

There could be 10 Gym - ala the fighting type gym in Saffron City in R/B.

Also, parts of the map like Nuvema Town might not be accessable till the end of the game. Who knows? So, the Trio Gym might be a post-game triple battle.

The Shadow Triad would make really cool secret bosses. You round them up one by one across Unova, then you battle them together in a legendary dragon Rotation battle!

(the level 11 lilipup is the perfect cover for the shadow triad, or proff that the trio gym leaders are NOT that cool.)

I wouldn't mind 10 Gyms and Gym Leaders actually.....now that's some change in these games.

@Suicune: A mesh of old and new leaders? Drayden is said to be the mayor of the city, so that can be elborated on.

The Lord of Smug
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Oct 17, 2013
Do you think that any of the old pokemon will be used in the gyms?

If so, then probably all the gyms will be brand-new.

Bluerang1

pin pin
Years
Forever is right tho. With this Water Gym, doesn't that render Cress useless? I'm pretty sure we'll face them in a Triple Battle post-game, when their area has been unfrozen.

Last edited:

Nepse

Dragonite<3
Years
@Charmageddon, I suggested the poison-type gym to be the first. If you look closely at the two images from the gym you can see that it looks very much like she (the poison-type leader) "thrashed" the Striaton Gym, and that she uses 2 Pokémon.

BTW, does anybody else see the resemblance between her guitar and a Venipede?

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Forever is right tho. With this Water Gym, doesn't that render Chili useless? I'm pretty sure we'll face them in a Triple Battle post-game, when their area has been unfrozen.
You mean Cress. I think that they will reappear but in their role as the Triad...
I'm curious to what became of the rest, at least one other gym leader had to be replaced...

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
Since all the Gyms were so... custom, in B/W (IE many of the Gym Leaders have a Gym which is in a building important to them, or based around their personality) it seems kind of weird that new gym leaders would take over just two years afterwards.

So for that reason I think they'll replace a few, but not all.

Nepse

Dragonite<3
Years
Maybe a new gym opened in Driftveil, and that they had to remove the lighthouse to make room for it. Meanwhile, Clay's gym was turned solely into a mine. Or maybe he got rich and retired.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Hey you know, I actually think there will be the extra gyms. How many types did B/W cover? 8, 8 this time + 4 e4, so in B2W2, could be opposite and thus we get B/W's leftovers as far as gyms go plus Elite Four? I dunno I like the idea of more gyms. :3 Perhaps there could be some in the B/W post-game towns tbh as extras when the region is unfrozennnn.

pokemonpokemonpokemon59

The official Machoke
Years
We've heard that B2W2 has a "Brand New Story" that will follow for the games. While I've seen massive amount of Speculation to Gameplay, Kyurem, and things to add such as Move Tutors, I haven't seen anyone mentioning new or Changed Gyms.

Gym change talk was pretty big when we thought the new game was Gray, but now that we know it isn't, lets see what kinda Gyms we get.

Gyms can change, Anime, Manga, and the Video Games have shown this. With this being something new to all of the Pokemon History, we can't say that they won't change the Gyms up.

Personally I want to see a Dark Gym. I think its the only Type that has yet to have a Gym, and it makes me yearn for one horribly.

Assuming we are still in Unova, what you think we'd get this time around?

They revealed a new poison gym so imo, the poison gym is going to replace Iris/Draydan

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
Years
Is it ok to guess at the new gyms's pokemon line up?

1) Venipede/Scorupi (based on her guitar)

2) Ekans/Arbok (depending on what level she is.)

At least one should be pure poison, so that all 3 starters are neutral to it.

Years
Well if the first gym is poison that makes Snivy unattractive...they should have gone with a dark gym first imo.
I imagine that the last gym is dark if they don't have the dragon gym anymore.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
They revealed a new poison gym so imo, the poison gym is going to replace Iris/Draydan

Uh... why? XD They also revealed water gym too. :3

Aaand as for Snivy, hmmm. Well, usually grass starters have an advantage since rock types, so this kinda makes up for it, sorta? Of course that's assuming that the gym is in fact the first one.

Years
True, also that will make the water starter even more most atractive in average per game as grass already got trimmed down in gen 2 with the flying gym.
I want a steal gym as the seventh gym, or maybe it'll be sixth like in Gen's II and IV.

pokemonpokemonpokemon59

The official Machoke
Years

Uh... why? XD They also revealed water gym too. :3

Well considering it's 2 years in future, maybe Iris and Drayden came to stay with you because opelucid got frozen but they don't know it yet but it got thawed out and the new water/poison gym leader along with a small population of people are there?

Oh the possibilities...

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Well considering it's 2 years in future, maybe Iris and Drayden came to stay with you because opelucid got frozen but they don't know it yet but it got thawed out and the new water/poison gym leader along with a small population of people are there?

Oh the possibilities...

Well, maybe, but there's like at least 5 cities we can see, at least 3 of those already had gym leaders, so it might not be poison in particular. :x

True, also that will make the water starter even more most atractive in average per game as grass already got trimmed down in gen 2 with the flying gym.
I want a steal gym as the seventh gym, or maybe it'll be sixth like in Gen's II and IV.

Well yeah, Oshawott definitely would have the advantage then statistically. If so, I'd much rather the first gym be something neutral to everything, tbh. Go for normal!! :3

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Is it ok to guess at the new gyms's pokemon line up?

1) Venipede/Scorupi (based on her guitar)

2) Ekans/Arbok (depending on what level she is.)

At least one should be pure poison, so that all 3 starters are neutral to it.

Poison Resists Grass attacks and Grass Types are weak to Poison Attacks. It won't be purely neutral. If you evolve Tepig into Pignite, Poison then resists your Fighting attacks as well.

With Poison Gym having two possible Pokemon in it, its most likely the first or Second Gym.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back