The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > The PokéCommunity Archives > ARCHIVED: Battle Center > Competitive Team Help

Notices

Competitive Team Help Having trouble with your competitive Pokémon team? Be sure to check here if you need any help on it. Any teams intended for in-game and casual play should be posted in the In-Game Team Help sub-forum.

Old April 12th, 2012, 09:45 AM
LuLaby
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Lax
Ok, I'm already into competitive battling after a looong break..
I was the normal win-loss guy with all my teams before!
These few months tho I did my math, made some strategies etc etc...
I would like to hear some nice suggestions(with a reason ofc) on this team(below).

No-Name Team

Mienshao @ Life Orb
Ability Regenerator
EVs 252 Atk / 252 Speed / 4 Hp
Nature Naive
- Hi Jumb Kick
- U-turn
- Fake out
- Poison Jab

Description.:
Spoiler:
Mostly a full attacker and a once in a while revenge killer with fake out..."Hi Jumb Kick" Stab move,solid damage, risky(protect,miss)
Common "U-turn" do some dmg before switch and can hit hard grass/psychic/dark types."Fake Out" pretty much self-explained which I mostly dont reveal until later on in match."Poison Jab" some good damage with 30% chance of poisoning(the one I consider to change)

Haxorus @ Lum berry(So common)
Ability Mold Breaker
EVs 252Atk / 220Speed / 36Hp
Nature Adamant
- Dragon Dance
- Swords Dance
- Outrage
- Earthquake

Description.:
Spoiler:
For the EVs a little off the speed for some hp (considering to change, not sure yet,cause I kinda like it the way it is). It's my late game sweeper Double Dance cause when he is out, I already if he can outspeed the enemies or not.. "Outrage" can destroy everything after one DD, Also "Earthguake" to hit hard those levitate guys..

Rotom-W @ Choise Scarf
Ability Levitate(Not that he has something else)
EVs 252 SpA / 252Speed / 4Hp
Nature Timid
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Hydro Pump
- Trick

Description.:
Spoiler:
Basic EVs. "Volt Switch" for scouting reasons, also stab move that can do very nice dmg.."Hidden Power[Ice]" Because I'm concerned about these dragon types :p! "Hydro Pump" Another Hard-Hitting STAB move, And Last "Trick" that I use it for some coverage against special walls that may come in

Swampert @ Leftovers
Ability Torrent
EVs 240 HP / 216 SpD / 52Speed
Nature Calm
- Stealth Rock
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power
- Scald

Description.:
Spoiler:
Basically my lead and my special wall.I tried many others in his place,with Swampert it was a little better tho it cant stay in against a grass-type(ex ferrothorn common lead)! EVs some speed, SpD so he can come in and resist pretty nice some moves and HP ofc.
"Stealth Rock" Self-Explained. "Ice beam" good dmg and can hurt some flying-grass types.Mostly the enemies can't really see my Lead cause swampert could choice band too. So I take this opportunity to lay some dmg in the incoming grass type before switch out...2 STAB moves "Earthquake" and "Scald"(30% chance of burn)

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability Poison Heal
EVs 252HP / 184 Def / 72Speed
Nature Impish
- Substitute
- Protect
- Earthquake
- Ice Fang

Description.:
Spoiler:
Not really much to say a Phy.Wall and staller.Common EVs and Moves!

Alakazam @ Life Orb
Ability Magic guard
EVs 252 SpA / 252Speed / 4Def
Nature Timid
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock
- Swadow Ball
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Description.:
Spoiler:
This Guy is my star,with Timid nature and the enormous SpA he has can outspeed most non-scarfed enemies...
He can do some serious dmg even without Calm mind on, He could use some kind of screen support but not really much as I think,After 1-2CCs can sweep easily.."Psyshock" for some Sp.Walls that may come in to resist. "Shadow Ball" For psychic/ghost enemies.And "Hidden Power[Fire]"
for some Grass typer users as Ferrothorn/Brelloom/etc..Main Weakness If the opposing team has a dark type in Alakazam can't do s***! So I have to take care of them before Alakazam gets in or at least weaken them
PS:So that's it! I accept every suggestion in my team, even major changes I just want to see opinions of others.It's not like I'm going to change everything that everyone of you say, I'll think before act!
Thank you for your suggestions!

Edit: If Something is not clear to understand or have some mistakes, if you want point them out to me so I can change them
Old April 12th, 2012, 04:53 PM
PlatinumDude
Nyeh?

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
Get rid of Mienshao's Poison Jab. It provides no noteworthy coverage whatsoever. Use Hidden Power (Ice) in its place to help deal with Gliscor. But that means you have to switch to a Naive nature and use 252 Atk/4 SAtk/252 Spe as the EV spread.

Gastrodon overshadows Swampert to an extent because of its immunity to Water attacks, courtesy of Storm Drain. Sure, it can't set up SR, but at least it has actual recovery:
-Earth Power/Earthquake
-Scald/Ice Beam
-Toxic
-Recover
Nature: Calm/Sassy
EVs: 252 HP/4 SAtk/252 Spe
Item: Leftovers
Ability: Storm Drain

There's also another Pokemon you can consider using in place of Swampert, and that's Ferrothorn. It can set up hazards, plus it has one of the best defensive typings ever created. Plus, it works well with and against Water Pokemon:
-Spikes/Stealth Rock
-Leech Seed
-Power Whip/Protect
-Gyro Ball/Thunder Wave/Protect
Nature: Relaxed
EVs: 252 HP/88 Def/168 SDef

If you decide to keep Swampert: don't use all Special attacks on it. It wastes its good 110 Attack:
-Stealth Rock
-Earthquake
-Ice Beam
-Scald/Superpower/Roar
EVs: 240 HP/216 Def/52 SDef

Old April 12th, 2012, 05:43 PM
Antebellum
One Word Extinguisher

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Antebellum
Hi, just a quick rate here but I'd get rid of Sub on Glis for Taunt which lets you beat Ferrothorn and any Pokemon that are slower than Gliscor and try to set up on it or use leech seed. Toxic and Aerial Ace are also good options, since the former can hit stuff like Rotom-W and Tornadus that commonly switch in on Gliscor and allow you to stall them out quicker, while Aerial Ace can allow Gliscor to function as a hard counter to BU Breloom. Anyways, I can see this team having a bit of trouble against Blizzspam teams with Abomasnow and Kyurem, since Rotom-W fears strong Draco Meteors and Wood Hammers, while nothing else can switch in on Blizzard. I think you could potentially try a Specially Defensive Heatran in Swampert's place, since it can lay SR, wall special threats and function as a great counter to hail and sun.

Heatran (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 248 SDef / 8 Spd
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Flamethrower
- Roar / Protect
- Stealth Rock
- Will-O-Wisp / Toxic
Old April 12th, 2012, 05:55 PM
LuLaby
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Lax
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlatinumDude View Post
Get rid of Mienshao's Poison Jab. It provides no noteworthy coverage whatsoever. Use Hidden Power (Ice) in its place to help deal with Gliscor. But that means you have to switch to a Naive nature and use 252 Atk/4 SAtk/252 Spe as the EV spread.
Thank you for your suggestions,(In the point now :p)
I dont really want to waste a hidden power[ice] to this guy, I can take on Gliscor with my Gliscor(most ppl out there care only earthquake in him), or Hydro Pump him to death with my Rotom-W.. I think I have enough coverages for Gliscor!

Quote:
Gastrodon overshadows Swampert to an extent because of its immunity to Water attacks, courtesy of Storm Drain. Sure, it can't set up SR, but at least it has actual recovery:
-Earth Power/Earthquake
-Scald/Ice Beam
-Toxic
-Recover
Nature: Calm/Sassy
EVs: 252 HP/4 SAtk/252 Spe
Ability: Storm Drain

There's also another Pokemon you can consider using in place of Swampert, and that's Ferrothorn. It can set up hazards, plus it has one of the best defensive typings ever created. Plus, it works well with and against Water Pokemon:
-Spikes/Stealth Rock
-Leech Seed
-Power Whip/Protect
-Gyro Ball/Thunder Wave/Protect
EVs: 252 HP/88 Def/168 SDef
I tried Gastrodon before and didnt like him much. The thing is I wanted kinda my "lead" play as a Sp.Wall later on... So I tried For him sth like 252hp/252Sp.D/4Sp.A (With the moves you said)
I hate ferrothorn I just don't like him when I see him(is that bad?) And only alakazam can easily kill him,but I never thought of using him on my team, So that's maybe a good idea to try

Quote:
If you decide to keep Swampert: don't use all Special attacks on it. It wastes its good 110 Attack:
-Stealth Rock
-Earthquake
-Ice Beam
-Scald/Superpower/Roar
EVs: 240 HP/216 Def/52 SDef
And I kinda used that build already diverse Sp.D-Def tho

I might try Ferrothorn, thank you for your suggestions you were very helpful!

Edit
:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karpman View Post
Hi, just a quick rate here but I'd get rid of Sub on Glis for Taunt which lets you beat Ferrothorn and any Pokemon that are slower than Gliscor and try to set up on it or use leech seed. Toxic and Aerial Ace are also good options, since the former can hit stuff like Rotom-W and Tornadus that commonly switch in on Gliscor and allow you to stall them out quicker, while Aerial Ace can allow Gliscor to function as a hard counter to BU Breloom. Anyways, I can see this team having a bit of trouble against Blizzspam teams with Abomasnow and Kyurem, since Rotom-W fears strong Draco Meteors and Wood Hammers, while nothing else can switch in on Blizzard. I think you could potentially try a Specially Defensive Heatran in Swampert's place, since it can lay SR, wall special threats and function as a great counter to hail and sun.

Heatran (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 248 SDef / 8 Spd
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Flamethrower
- Roar / Protect
- Stealth Rock
- Will-O-Wisp / Toxic
Yeah that's true if a blizzard team set up even a little it can own my team easily...The only way I could beat a blizzard is that my alakazam set up some CCs but even then most teams have 2members with priority ice shard move(+STAB) that could 2HKO Alakazam or even OHKO him. If Alakazam was dead it wa spretty much gg...
I might try Heatran too as a Lead/Sp.Wall and also the changes of Gliscor might also help ty for your suggestions too
I will Edit the changes of my team in the first post after I decide....
I would like to hear some more suggestions so, I'm waiting too

Last edited by LuLaby; April 12th, 2012 at 06:06 PM. Reason: Edit

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links