The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Fifth Generation

Notices

Fifth Generation Are Pokémon slaves to humans? Team Plasma thinks so. Travel the Unova region and prove them wrong in Black & White, and then return two years later in Black2 & White2.

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old March 29th, 2012, 11:50 AM
BIGoDeViN
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Relaxed

Advertise here
I made the mistake of buying Platinum early in Japanese. I couldn't barely play it, plus it took away all the fun since you don't understand it. I'll just wait for one I can read, lol.
Old March 29th, 2012, 11:00 PM
Ω Ruby and α Sapphire
Hope will never die! ~Lucina

Nature: Quiet
To be honest, I can't be bothered, knowing absolutely nothing about it.
Old March 30th, 2012, 09:45 AM
loganmedwards
Beginning Trainer

I think I am going to preorder as soon as possible in English. I just finished Black so maybe I will preorder White 2 and see how that is

Old March 30th, 2012, 10:39 AM
Sydian
I don't like frogs.

Nature: Timid
I will probably preorder a Japanese Black 2, since I got White in Japanese. There's always so many guides online even on the first day of coverage, plus it's not like I'll get the copy on release date, so I'll be fine. It'll be my third time importing as well, so no biggie. I'll wait till I have enough money though, which will probably be after either Easter or Mother's Day. Busiest days of the year at my job.
Old April 12th, 2012, 08:44 AM
awolfsquared
I like to do 'Garfield Mondays'
Community Supporter

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Skype™ to awolfsquared
I'm hoping to pre-order the English version of Black 2. I'm hoping to get both though it may not be possible. I can't understand Japanese so I'm better off waiting for the English version.I'm making a goal to have a job before the games are released so I can afford to pre-order.

"I have no idea what I'm doing. but I know I'm doing it really, really well."- Andy Dwyer
DeviantArt | Tumblr | Art Gallery | Ask Me Stuff | Paired to
Old April 12th, 2012, 08:48 AM
Sodom
with a capital Y.

Nature: Adamant
I preordered both earlier today! I was gonna take a photo of the receipt and show it to you but EB Games uses this odd faded ink so you can't really see anything

In English by the way. I buy nothing whatsoever in anything other than English haha.

"So this is why God bombed us."

Moderator of General Chat

Old April 12th, 2012, 09:00 AM
Shiny Celebi
Donator Tier 3
Community Supporter Tier 3

Ive bought the games in japanese before and played through Black just fine in japanese. Im considering preordering the japanese versions for a few reasons, one being that I really dont want to wait and be left out among the people playing the games in japanese already and another because I have access to wi-fi and dream world events exclusive to Japan. You really dont need to understand japanese to play Pokemon Ive found. Plus there will be guides on Pokemon sites if I need help with moves and stuff. I just honestly want to play the games as early as possible.
Old April 12th, 2012, 11:31 AM
Hoenn
Asylum
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Hoenn
Just want to add now that I've got a glimpse of the games I may reconsider pre-ordering, with all the information, walkthroughs etc being released and having to wait another few months I'll probably get too eager to play it buttttttt I think I can last out.

Old April 13th, 2012, 02:43 PM
Kano Shuuya
→ you're here, aren't you?
Community Supporter

Nature: Brave
I want to be surprised by this game when I get it in English, unlike how I spoiled half of BW for myself by playing part of it in Japanese. I want this one to be a surprise from start to finish, aside from what I read online. I just don't want to play any of it until it's legally out in English.

hi, i used to be "Drew"
alt account for Jude Mathis
paired to Antemortem
twitter | tumblr | instagram | steam
Old April 13th, 2012, 03:27 PM
Yoshikkko

I've never pre-ordered any of the games in Japanese actually, I always wanted to wait till they were in English so I could enjoy them from start to finish like Drew said, and it's also not like I can't wait a bit longer haha, if it means that I'll just understand everything without needing guides and all that.
Old April 13th, 2012, 04:21 PM
Doppelgänger
Community Supporter

Nah. I havent preordered a pokemon game since Diamond and Pearl. I'll just pick it up the day it comes out.

"A living, breathing, double of oneself usually tormenting the person they look like..."
Old April 13th, 2012, 04:33 PM
Patchisou Yutohru
Community Supporter

I'll pre-order them when the pre-order for Game Stop goes up. I'm actually EXTREMELY excited for these games. More so than I was for Black and White when they were getting ready to come out. I like the main characters a lot more than I liked them in the originals, so I am legitimately excited for them. I think Generation V is going to replace Generation I was my favorite after these games are released. :P
Old April 13th, 2012, 04:50 PM
G.U.Y.
Bubblegum Betch
Community Supporter

Nature: Naive
I already pre-ordered it through Play-Asia, I also got the fastest shipping they have.

The last time I pre-ordered a game through Play-Asia (Pearl) I got it the day before the release date. I hope that happens again. o3o; Also bought a DSi LL
Old April 13th, 2012, 05:27 PM
Kaori
tragedy

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Kaori
Like Patchisou, I'm going to be waiting to pre-order from GameStop. AND I CAN'T WAIT. I never really bother to get Japanese versions to games, because it makes it less enjoyable for me. I mean, I can't understand what's going on in the game so why not wait and save the money? :p

smile. paired to vrai & karpman & drew
Old April 16th, 2012, 09:54 PM
Livewire_
Knight of Three

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Livewire_
Idk. I want to get them as soon as possible, but I'd like to know what's being said, etc. I'm pretty sure I could advance through the game easily though. It's Pokemon, not rocket science.

If I like what I see in the upcoming 'revealing of details' department, then yeah, I'll pre-order the Japanese version of Black.
Old April 17th, 2012, 12:07 AM
Asuf
Dragon Tamer

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Asuf
I'm considering pre-ordering from GAME, but I can't make up my mind! Do I want Black or White, both mascots look awesome and I can't decide which to get, I'll probably end up getting Black 2 though, since I have Black...

Old April 17th, 2012, 02:12 AM
Hiroshi Sotomura

Nature: Lax
It's actually quite funny to see the trend from a few years ago - people would say they were importing the games simply because they wanted to play it, and the story would be pretty "generic" so people would just guess what they were doing. They generally made it through the game but didn't understand a whole lot.

This time, a lot of people are expressing that they wouldn't understand it and will preorder the English version.

I'm personally importing it. I can certainly read it (with Kanji mode off) and understand what's happening, and for various reasons, I'm locked into the Japanese games anyway.

That's Our Switch.
Pre-Service Teacher. Tech Guy. Web Designer. PokéCommunity Administrator. Wanderer. Novice Hockey Player. rijonAdventures Developer. #westjournal. Views are my own.
Old April 17th, 2012, 03:02 AM
Mew~
THE HOST IS BROKEN

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Mew~
I'm not too sure about pre-ordering right now. I mean, I'm definitely getting both - it's just I've don't really pre-order much anymore, and there's a GAME store around the corner, but I don't know if they'll stock B2/W2 due to the problems their currently in.

I'll mostly likely just buy them in store somewhere. ;.;

I won't bother pre-ordering the Japanese games though - it doesn't look like we're going to have to wait such a long time between releases this time anyway..

Old April 17th, 2012, 03:12 AM
giradialkia
Community Supporter

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to giradialkia
I hadn't thought about pre-ordering it, but to be honest I may well do that. It'd probably be cheaper in the long run (I guess pre-ordering here means paying a little and then covering the rest once the game actually comes out). That and I'd be guaranteed a copy- although I've never, ever had a problem with a lack of available copies of a Pokemon game, so I'll have to think about it.
EDIT: Actually I should say I definitely WON'T be pre-ordering from Play Asia. I'm all good with getting the Japanese ROM for a sneak peak while I'm waiting for the English version to come out, but I couldn't possibly play through the entire game in Japanese; I just wouldn't enjoy it, and I really want to, so I'm going to at least wait until you can pre-order the English editions.

This one's called 'Red', and it's actually kinda Pokémon themed, so have a listen! Check out the links below for more stuff, if you like this!

This is the Doctor
This is my Soundcloud
This is my bandcamp

My Pokémon Y character is the same as my username. If you see me as a Passerby let me know! I tend to get a lot of Passerby requests and I often wonder if it's people from this site.
Old April 17th, 2012, 04:39 AM
Jellicent♀
ღ Fairy Wind ღ

There is a BestBuy not too far from my hometown, so I think I'll preorder from the store and just pick it up the day it is released. I would do GameStop, but sometimes they can be a bit unreliable here.
Old April 17th, 2012, 04:48 AM
Zephele
✧ leave it to me!

I likely won't bother with the Japanese version since, well, I'd prefer to be able to understand what's going on.

I probably won't bother preordering the English version either and just and buy it on the day seeing as my local store is really close, and Pokemon games seem to be in stock more often than not.
Old April 17th, 2012, 11:00 AM
Kaori
tragedy

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Kaori
Speaking of preordering, I wonder what kind of gift we'll get for placing a preorder. I liked how we got figurines for HGSS and I think we should get Black and White Kyurem figurines this time around. They seem to be the best gifts, aha.

or a Unova Pokémon plush which is highly unlikely, but I would love one

smile. paired to vrai & karpman & drew
Old April 17th, 2012, 11:07 AM
Yoshikkko

Figurines would be pretty cool haha. If there's like protag figurines or anything I might consider pre-ordering I suppose. Or cute keychains or something.
Old April 17th, 2012, 11:15 AM
Jellicent♀
ღ Fairy Wind ღ

Figurines with the pre-orders would be awesome. or maybe little keychains of your choice from the main characters or major characters. I personally would like a little mini-plush of the rival. BestBuy usually has little extra stuff thrown in with it, so maybe I'll get a nifty little stylus or something.
Old April 17th, 2012, 09:01 PM
Forever
let it go

Hmmm maybe like figurines and a sticker page, or at least something small to add on the side so it isn't just figurines. PLUS ALL KIDS LIKE STICKERS and it might sway a few parents to pre-order :3
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here