The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Fifth Generation

Notices

Fifth Generation Are Pokémon slaves to humans? Team Plasma thinks so. Travel the Unova region and prove them wrong in Black & White, and then return two years later in Black2 & White2.

Advertise here

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old April 13th, 2012, 05:32 AM
skyluigi2
L-let's-a go...!

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Skype™ to skyluigi2

Advertise here
As you know, Team Plasma were the evil team in Pokemon Black and White. But what if they weren't in Black2 and White2 (or played less significant roles)? The red and blue coloured numbers on the box art led me to this: what if Team Aqua and Team Magma returned? Firstly, there are two games instead of one, so one team could return in each of the new games, just like Ruby and Sapphire. Not only that, but according to Serebii, red and blue statues can be seen all over Unova from the viewing platform in the new starting town. But what do you think?

☆ 3DS FC: 5069-3912-3062
☆ Let me know if you've added me!

☆ Next most anticipated game(s): Super Smash Bros. for 3DS, Bayonetta 2, Fantasy Life, Hyrule Warriors and Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire

☆ Currently playing: Pokémon Platinum and Animal Crossing: New Leaf

☆ I'm known on Twitter as skyluigi2 as well

skyluigi2
Old April 13th, 2012, 05:40 AM
Azure
» e l e c t r i c
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Azure
Well speculation has it that the new professor is evil, so maybe he has something to hide.

Old April 13th, 2012, 05:48 AM
Oryx
open up your sea chart
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicune™ View Post
Well speculation has it that the new professor is evil, so maybe he has something to hide.
I'm sure he does but not sure that that follows into new evil teams. xD

I don't really see a new team, tbh. The "red and blue things" around the region were mentioned in the context of this image:

Which looks far from evil and much more like a Musical addition than an evil team's base. If they did bring in a new evil team, I would guess they would bring in a brand new one instead of an old one across an entire ocean.

'Hoy, small fry!
Old April 13th, 2012, 05:52 AM
bobandbill
Where's that sheep...

Send a message via AIM to bobandbill Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to bobandbill
Existence of red and blue bits of a building does not a return of Magma and Aqua make - it seems to be pulling an arrow from very far away to me. =/ specially in that above picture... because let's face it, Magma and Aqua hated each other. So why would they share the same building for some...purpose of some kind? Box art text colouring rarely has a relation to the characters or teams in the game itself too, and nor do I see it as any indication to be a herald for Magma and Aqua (I think it's far more likely it's just a meaningless colour motif in the numbers, or a relation between the cool-blue electricty of Zekrom and red-hot fire of Reshiram, both linked to Kyurem the game mascot).

There'd have to be reason for Magma and Aqua to be in B2W2 as well, which'd be hard to explain given they were based in Hoenn and disabanded after the events of RSE as well. Precense of a different team in a region far away from Hoenn just seems...unlikely to me to be used as the main team in the game when it's more likely a brand new team or a continuation of Plasma will be used imo.

Sheep in the Big City: General Specific
Old April 13th, 2012, 05:58 AM
Forever
let it go

Yeah agreeing with the others. If anything there will be a new team other than Plasma. Dunno, it just depends on the angle they go with the scientist, but otherwise Magma/Aqua don't really... have a reason to be there other than to advertise remakes, and the games would feel kinda foreign to me if they had other evil teams there. :x
Old April 13th, 2012, 06:10 AM
Daydream
Spider-Man
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
Maybe we'll see the Rockets again. There is a former one of them there, if some of the other Rockets decided to track him down they might then be all "Hey let's try and make a base here!" It would be an anime tie-in too.

Although I think even that's unlikely. I'm more leaning towards a new team/neo-Plasma. Unova doesn't really have anything that would be useful to Aqua and Magma's respective goals, really. Unless Archie was planning on freezing the world, and then melting the ice to expand the sea. Which would be... Creative.
Old April 13th, 2012, 06:50 AM
Twiggy
Slender snake
Community Supporter

Nature: Hasty
I think I have a stinking suspicion that the professor is up to no good. He most certainly doesn't look like someone you would trust with, and his name is in the Names to Run Away from Really Fast list.
Old April 13th, 2012, 02:56 PM
Elite Overlord LeSabre™
Classic Elegance
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
Evil professor intrigues me. But personally, I'm more a supporter of the Team Rocket-style mafia crime organizations who seek to gain money and power, rather than the newer teams that have convoluted, planet-changing schemes that involve legendaries. I'm probably in the minority here since legendary-schemes do make for more epic storylines, but sometimes a return to the basics of criminal enterprises can be good, too.

I don't think it'll be one of the older teams. If it's not Plasma, then I'd fully expect a brand new team to emerge and stir up trouble.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™
PC Vital Stats
* Pair
* PC Family
* Bishies
* VG Claims
* Friend Codes
Links
* Blog
* Web Site
* Fan Fictions:
* Leaf Green LP
Friend Safari:
*GMC Safari
*Pontiac Safari
*Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser
Old April 13th, 2012, 03:08 PM
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toujours View Post

I'm sure he does but not sure that that follows into new evil teams. xD

I don't really see a new team, tbh. The "red and blue things" around the region were mentioned in the context of this image:

Which looks far from evil and much more like a Musical addition than an evil team's base. If they did bring in a new evil team, I would guess they would bring in a brand new one instead of an old one across an entire ocean.
I believe that's Homika (poison gym leader's) gym as Serebii mentioned her gym being a music hall.

Seeing team Rocket again would be boring...but maybe the new team is made from the remains of Galactic (those who Saturn didn't reform and are still loyal to Ghetsis, why would Cyrus join him? Maybe Ghetsis promises the orbs...), Rocket, and Plasma itself.
Old April 13th, 2012, 03:15 PM
Hiroshi Sotomura

Nature: Lax
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magmaruby and Aquasapphire View Post

I believe that's Homika (poison gym leader's) gym as Serebii mentioned her gym being a music hall.

Seeing team Rocket again would be boring...but maybe the new team is made from the remains of Galactic (those who Saturn didn't reform and are still loyal to Ghetsis, why would Cyrus join him? Maybe Ghetsis promises the orbs...), Rocket, and Plasma itself.
Highly doubt that a team like Plasma who sees some sort of superiority over achieving goals even more than the other teams did would be anywhere near interested in getting together to form an even more evil team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ♪Twiggy♪ View Post
I think I have a stinking suspicion that the professor is up to no good. He most certainly doesn't look like someone you would trust with, and his name is in the Names to Run Away from Really Fast list. :P
Suggesting the Professor is part of some team himself? (Otherwise your post is driving the thread offtopic.)

That's Our Switch.
Pre-Service Teacher. Tech Guy. Web Designer. PokéCommunity Administrator. Wanderer. Novice Hockey Player. rijonAdventures Developer. #westjournal. Views are my own.
Old April 13th, 2012, 03:21 PM
SnowpointQuincy
Seeker of FRIEND CODES

Nature: Lonely
I think the professor might play a role in this. Not evil, but misguided. The professor's character arc could mirror that of Cheren in BW. The professor has a single minded goal of Pure Power, similar to Cheren but a different take on the idea.

The Professor studies power, and this leads him into a series of misguided decisions involving Team Evil Man. The musketeers might be a part of the story in this one too.

I think there is a place for Team Rocket in BW2. The come in and assemble all of the other broken up teams into an army to take over the world.

If Game Freak had an idea for a brand new team, they would save it for Gen6.
Old April 13th, 2012, 05:35 PM
bobandbill
Where's that sheep...

Send a message via AIM to bobandbill Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to bobandbill
On the note of the picture btw here's a better bigger version of it:
Spoiler:

So unless Team Magma really let themselves go and like capes and glasses, and Aqua are now using giant Pokemon/mecha things and they advrtise this in a building design, I think it's something else. =p

Sheep in the Big City: General Specific
Old April 13th, 2012, 06:23 PM
Forever
let it go

So according to the trailer, we do have a new evil team from the looks of it? o_O Kinda ugly imo if that is them. :(
Old April 13th, 2012, 06:31 PM
Kaori
tragedy

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Kaori
Just saw the footage for the trailer, and who could these guys be? Possible evil team??

Spoiler:

Figured this would only best suit this thread.

smile. paired to vrai & karpman & drew
Old April 13th, 2012, 06:33 PM
Khrysta

Send a message via Skype™ to Khrysta
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever View Post
So according to the trailer, we do have a new evil team from the looks of it? Kinda ugly imo if that is them.
I didn't see the team in the trailer. Can you Screen shot them?
Old April 13th, 2012, 06:39 PM
Mr. Downstairs
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by XanderO View Post
I didn't see the team in the trailer. Can you Screen shot them?
Boi, Kaori just posted a picture of them right above your post. :P

idk to me they could be an evil team, but he's saying something like "Okay, I'm going now..." and to me that seems like something you would say after you get into trouble at the end of a confrontation with authority. Maybe the evil team is an authoritative team, like some form of law enforcement that's corrupt?
Old April 13th, 2012, 06:54 PM
Hiroshi Sotomura

Nature: Lax
An evil team wearing evil berets. They look like the next Team Rocket.

Nick, are you sure he isn't challenging them to a battle? That's the impression I'm receiving.

That's Our Switch.
Pre-Service Teacher. Tech Guy. Web Designer. PokéCommunity Administrator. Wanderer. Novice Hockey Player. rijonAdventures Developer. #westjournal. Views are my own.
Old April 13th, 2012, 06:57 PM
Mr. Downstairs
Community Supporter

Oop! Could of course be that too (I don't know any of what he's saying word for word there unlike you), that just makes me like him more. :P
Old April 13th, 2012, 07:00 PM
Forever
let it go

They look sorta like some... ginger army. Why the orange hair, seriously. I much preferred Plasma's designs from what I can see. :x
Old April 13th, 2012, 07:14 PM
Khrysta

Send a message via Skype™ to Khrysta
Quote:
They look sorta like some... ginger army. Why the orange hair, seriously. I much preferred Plasma's designs from what I can see. :x
Plasma Grunts were Gingers too....Neo Plasma!
Old April 13th, 2012, 07:40 PM
Forever
let it go

OH HEY YOU'RE RIGHT. It was just less uh, obvious. Nahhh their designs are too different overall to be a resurgence type thing. Perhaps Unova just breeds ginger haired people? :(
Old April 13th, 2012, 07:42 PM
Cello
Tonight!

Quote:
OH HEY YOU'RE RIGHT. It was just less uh, obvious. Nahhh their designs are too different overall to be a resurgence type thing. Perhaps Unova just breeds ginger haired people? :(
Maybe Unova was unknowingly based after Ireland or something of the sort? Heh.

But yeah, that beret thing is weird... The evil team just keeps getting more and more eccentric.
Old April 13th, 2012, 08:18 PM
Twiggy
Slender snake
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiroshi Sotomura View Post
Suggesting the Professor is part of some team himself? (Otherwise your post is driving the thread offtopic.)
I think I am. This professor doesn't lookalike he's all good to be honest about it. I think he might have a chance of being in some sort of evil team or something bad.

I have a feeling that the plasma will be back somehow later in the game.
Old April 13th, 2012, 08:34 PM
Jellicent♀
ღ Fairy Wind ღ

Nature: Modest
The professor is totally in on it. Maybe not as a direct part, but more of a support. The outfits remind me of police uniforms. Maybe the pic is actually a police enforcement? ...ginger law enforcement... No idea, but hopefully it's nothing with the same perfect world idea as Team Plasma, that was just stupid.
Old April 13th, 2012, 08:51 PM
Raichupacabra
Villain

A revived Team Plasma and the professor may be the new leader.

Currently Playing: Pokemon X | 3DS Friend Code: 4313-1107-3365
(PM me with your Friend Code and tell me if you have added me)
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here