The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Art & Design

Notices

Art & Design For digital, traditional, design, photography and mixed media art, Pokémon-related or not. Showcase or discuss anything related to the visual arts here.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old April 8th, 2012, 10:26 PM
Rest
Showstealer Pro: Trial Version

Nature: Careful
neon.png - Think I've given you a CnC on this.

eye-1.png - I quite like this, the intense colors work great with how gritty the tag looks. If you're going for a dead-center focal though, it's best that you not make it look symmetrical. Give it more rounded effects. Watch the quality too, it's really sharpened at places.

glitch.png - Nice use of displace. Nothing much to say though, haha.

shellshock.png - Love it, really scenic and the colors are spot-on. Again, watch out with the quality. You should add dust particles, to give it a more chaotic look. Otherwise, very hot.

laundryposter.jpg - Nice text, clean and simple. Nyan cat is super randommm
Old April 14th, 2012, 05:47 AM
stranger
lost in las vegas

Gonna give out about your typography. That's all I remember the last time I was meant to come here and give you some crit, so let's see where that goes...

http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/e...shellshock.png

This one feels pretty messy in general. Probably due to the fact that the stock is pretty hard to see. Though I know what you're going for and the concept is pretty evident, though I think you can bring across this concept without making the tag so overly busy for the most part. The atmosphere is pretty nice, though the one thing that bothers me most about the tag overall. Bit too much blur in the foreground, it's taking away a lot of the quality of the tag, as well as decreasing a little depth. To be honest the big part I don't like is the lighting. It's a bit heavy to the right, it creates a bit too much contrast in the tag overall. Where as those light strokes going over the focal are also really killing the tag, they take away the quality and distract from the focal point. I think you know it probably wasn't your strongest tag, it just needs less heavy lighting and a bit more atmosphere.

http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/e...ndryposter.jpg

Pretty cool poster, though my only complaint is the typography. When you're trying to keep something informative, keep it to a nice easy to read straight sans-serif font. Try and keep things a bit more clear. The Laundry Bar & $5 are fine the way they are, but the text itself around it needs to be slightly more spaced out and easier to read at a glance. It's all just a bit mushy. Otherwise, good job.

every moment with you is an adventure
Old April 19th, 2012, 11:27 PM
moments.
{quixotic}
Community Supporter Tier 5

Nature: Calm
Nyan cat is our team logo: (our team organised the fundraiser night).
Thanks for comments both of you though!

First 3 are scratch with tablet (minus text and stock in Link tag), first real time using my tablet, so all experimentals, and the last is WIP-esque, didn't really finish it, but didn't have plans to anyway...

Collab with 2Fly

Old May 3rd, 2012, 05:35 AM
moments.
{quixotic}
Community Supporter Tier 5

Nature: Calm
More tags from me.

Scratch, background is a fractal I made.

The fractal. :3

Work in progress.

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links