• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

Chit-Chat: EVAN PETERS HAVE MY BABIES

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sсott

Years
  • Seen Jul 28, 2012
I thought the same exact thing. I was half expecting him to fall into one of the usual stereotypes. Definitely already loving this series.

And your warming to the music is because it's Yoko Kanno and she is a goddess of music.

I anticipated a generic impression of him, to be honest, as well. But, somehow, he caught my attention instantly, and that rarely happens to me.

As for Kaoru, he seems like a character that will be a focus of much development, especially now he's with Sentarou. Ritsuko strikes me as an annoying character; I generally dislike overly optimistic, [too] friendly anime characters, but her 'role' seems okay I guess.

Oh what's this anime about? It sounds interesting... I never saw a music- themed anime before...

Synopsis:

Spoiler:

I shall get to that tonight, Pokey commented on how well it was animated, I'm excited.

You haven't seen Beck, Nodame Cantabile, Nana, Detroit Metal City or K-On!?

I don't prefer that kind of animation actually, but in this anime, I kind of liked it. From that list, I only watched Detroit Metal City. I might try out others sometime.

Other shows that I found interesting enough to perpetuate were Sankrea, Tasogare Otome x Amnesia, Kore wa Zombie Desu ka of the Dead ,Kuroko no Basket, Jormungand and Nazo no Kanojo X. I'm still not sure about Medaka Box; it's an incredible yet weird combination of generic-ness (is this a word?) and intrigue. Lupin the Third: Mine Fujiko to Iu Onna is also on my maybe-list; the first two episodes were fine, but I prefer the older series. I might stick with it for the nostalgia and Mine Fujiko.

I still have Tsuritama on my list. This should be interesting and I'm hearing excellent views on the art.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
Years
The first Medaka box arc is pretty boring but it does improve. I can't help but feel whole series is a parody of shounen although not in a Gintama way, anyway you'll see as it goes on.

MGX is my favourite so far, it's like we went back 15 years visually, I love it.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
I'm sad that recent anime seasons have had little to offer me. Any suggestions for shows I can watch this spring besides Saki Achiga-hen and Natsuiro Kiseki (since I already plan to follow those two this season)?

Remember I like high school romance/slice of life, and mahou shoujo.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
Years
The cute girls doing cute things series look boring this season and the only new mahou shoujo is the new season of Jewelpet, I would like to watch that but the first series in the franchise still isn't subbed. D:

Although it's not airing now have you seen Hidamari Sketch and Aria? If not, go watch them.

Sсott

Years
  • Seen Jul 28, 2012
Tasogare Otome x Amnesia is a high school romance but with added elements like horror and mystery -- although not much like Another. There might be hints of a love triangle. Haiyore! Nyaruko-san might be grouped in a school/romance genre; however, it has sci-fi and parody as genres and the romance part is a little vague and minimal at the moment. Sankrea is another; however, zombies are a major element of the show, but there definitely is a romance/school theme. You could try Tsuritama; it looks like a slice of life mixed sci-fi. Not quite sure yet.

Tomorrow, Hyouka should be released and it looks like a romance/slice of life/school anime.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
Years
I didn't mention the ones with horror elements but I guess they might be ok, Ghost one started better than Zombie imo. Both were pretty to look at though design wise.

Sсott

Years
  • Seen Jul 28, 2012
I didn't mention the ones with horror elements but I guess they might be ok, Ghost one started better than Zombie imo. Both were pretty to look at though design wise.

I agree. Did you watch the second episode of Sankrea? I was seriously disturbed by the premise. It ticked me off.

Someone recommended I watch Steins;Gate. I know of its overwhelming popularity, but when I saw it is a side story of Chaos;Head which I utterly loathed, I wasn't too sure about it. Is it worth the watch?

Weeaboo Name

Banned
Years
I haven't yet but I was somewhat spoiled
Spoiler:
anyway I'll watch that later.

As for S;G, the source material was by the same game producers and they are set in the same universe. No connections between the two bar a couple of references. I didn't like S;G as much as some people but story and execution of the story was far better than C;H. Certainly one of the better things to air in the last year or 2.

Sсott

Years
  • Seen Jul 28, 2012
Spoiler:

Well, despite that ^, I was impressed with the adaption. They portrayed every detail exactly as in the manga with even more detailing and scenes.

Ah, thank you. I might watch it if I have time before my final exams.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
Years
Sounds like a charming man.

Just looked at it's MAL rating....3rd highest rating on the site ahead of titles like LotGH and Clannad AS....wow. Yeah, if you do decide to watch it don't expect the 3rd best anime of all time.

Sсott

Years
  • Seen Jul 28, 2012
I watched the first episode of S;G, and I can say that I was a little lost but it definitely was interesting, to say the least. I might have to put it on-hold for now and come back to it later when I am not watching a lot of shows at once.

So, I saw this new anime that apparently just aired called Shining Hearts [something-something]. It was rather weird, and all about bread. Dropped.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
Years
I decided not to even bother with that, DEEN + uninteresting looking plot does not sound good.

Just watched the second episode of Sankarea, certainly not the comedy I was expecting. Perhaps the darker stuff is over now though, still as long as the quality doesn't drop off too much I'll enjoy this series.

Sсott

Years
  • Seen Jul 28, 2012
Yes, I hope that's over. It bothered to see a sudden shift in 'moods' in the anime. Ranko is growing on me; I can't see her as one of the main cast, but I'm guessing she likes Chihiro, too.

Oh, and I forgot about Zetman. Do you believe the pacing? My god, the anime is just fast-forwarding the manga's plot. The artwork is good, the fighting scenes are okay, and the characters (except Kouga) are likeable, but I can't believe how much of the plot they are altering/skipping, and this is just after reading the first couple of chapters of the manga. I like superhero-related shows. I really do. I am trying to assume the anime is a side story or a fast-forwarded version of the manga, so I wouldn't drop it.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
Years
I haven't decided if I'm going to watch or read Zetman, will probably read and then watch if I like it.

Can't say I have much of an opinion on the Sanka cast yet, don't dislike anyone which is a good start.

Years
  • Seen Apr 2, 2023
Did anyone happen to catch the first episode of Sakamichi no Apollon? I am not much of a fan of music-themed anime and certainly not jazz music, but for some reason I was drawn by the show. I enjoyed every bit, every minute and it somehow softened my dislike for music anime. Sentarou has to be one of the most unique characters EVER.
You have the extremely talented Shinichiro Watanabe to thank for that, the guy can do no wrong when he's in full control of a series. And that Yoko Kanno is doing music again for one of his projects just rings of Cowboy Bebop to me.
If there was one show at all I was looking forward to this season, it was definitely this one. Sight unseen, I will pick up any series that Watanabe heads up.

Sсott

Years
  • Seen Jul 28, 2012

You have the extremely talented Shinichiro Watanabe to thank for that, the guy can do no wrong when he's in full control of a series. And that Yoko Kanno is doing music again for one of his projects just rings of Cowboy Bebop to me.
If there was one show at all I was looking forward to this season, it was definitely this one. Sight unseen, I will pick up any series that Watanabe heads up.

Oh, didn't Watanabe direct Samurai Champloo? I agree; this show was much anticipated.

So, Tsuritama was pretty good, even though Haru annoyed me at times.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
Years
Yeah he's done Bebop, Champloo, Macross Plus as well as the storyboarding for Ergo Proxy and music for Michiko to Hatchin. Apart from Macross I've seen and loved all of those.

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 14, 2024
I really need to get around to watching the 60's version of Batman, it would be nice to see the ~unbelievably campy~ attitudes of the show for myself.

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
Marley and Me was just on TV and it's probably the only film that can make me cry, multiple times ;___; *now an emotional wreck*

What kind of films get you guys down?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back