The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Fifth Generation

Notices

Fifth Generation Are Pokémon slaves to humans? Team Plasma thinks so. Travel the Unova region and prove them wrong in Black & White, and then return two years later in Black2 & White2.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old April 13th, 2012, 10:35 PM
Hiroshi Sotomura

Nature: Lax
I am so stoked about Tyranitar being in the 'Dex. I wonder if they'll be found with their Dream World abilities by default. (Contemplating destruction. Hehehe.)

I wonder how the two unrevealed legendary Pokémon are going to fit into the game.

That's Our Switch.
Pre-Service Teacher. Tech Guy. Web Designer. PokéCommunity Administrator. Wanderer. Novice Hockey Player. rijonAdventures Developer. #westjournal. Views are my own.
Old April 13th, 2012, 10:37 PM
Forever
let it go

Ooh... only Unova Pokemon? Yeah it's Genesect or a brand new Pokemon. Don't think they'd fit Genesect into the movie, actually, so hmmm...

Exclusive Pokemon to B2/W2 can work tbh. Also, if there's only about 30 non-Unova Pokemon there, that could potentially mean over 100 new Pokemon, zomg. brb destroying hopes when Genesect is revealed.
Old April 13th, 2012, 10:58 PM
rocky505
<Now who's awesome!

Nature: Relaxed
Alt Keldeo forme.

1.Meloetta's formes are on the same page(Not too helpful of a hint though)
2. GF told us to use the event Keldeo in B2W2 but said nothing about BW(even though there was a Secret Sword event in BW). Why would they tell us to use it in B2W2 then ?

The place holder thing can be done the same as they did with Spikey Eared Pichu.
Old April 13th, 2012, 11:08 PM
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
^ Maybe Keldeo will act like Celebi did in HgSs and BW and activate a special event Pokemon appearing, wonder what it could be though...notch ear Raichu xD
I'm hoping that there aren't that many Hoenn Pokemon in thse games...as that would make the needs for remakes obsolete...unless that's their intention...either way I see mostly Gen I and II appearing with a few Gen III and IV sprinkled here and there.
Old April 13th, 2012, 11:29 PM
Khrysta

Send a message via Skype™ to Khrysta
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magmaruby and Aquasapphire View Post
^ Maybe Keldeo will act like Celebi did in HgSs and BW and activate a special event Pokemon appearing, wonder what it could be though...notch ear Raichu xD
I'm hoping that there aren't that many Hoenn Pokemon in thse games...as that would make the needs for remakes obsolete...unless that's their intention...either way I see mostly Gen I and II appearing with a few Gen III and IV sprinkled here and there.
So far some of the Pokemon shown are Pokemon available Post Castle Battle, or atleast their evolutionary lines are. If they are doing that way then there are a decent number of Hoenn Pokemon in Unova. Maybe close to a third (44 individual Pokemon) of the Hoenn Pokemon? Maybe more.
Old April 13th, 2012, 11:35 PM
Community Supporter

Oh right...they should seriously add more Sinnoh Pokemon like Ambipom (or at least add Aipom) and Yanmega, also Garchomp along with Salamence were the only Pseudo's missing in BW, so they could add those in.
Old April 14th, 2012, 01:02 AM
pokemonpokemonpokemon59
The official Machoke

Nature: Serious
Send a message via Skype™ to pokemonpokemonpokemon59
Absol and the Pellipper family has been revealed in the trailer to appear in Pokemon B/W2
Old April 14th, 2012, 03:52 AM
Mew~
THE HOST IS BROKEN

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Mew~
What I actually find quite clever are the Pokémon that we've seen so far. I mean, you can sort of tell that they could have migrated from East Unova, as their evolutions were available in B/W's east Unova. Am I making sense?

Old April 14th, 2012, 04:02 AM
rocky505
<Now who's awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mew~ View Post
What I actually find quite clever are the Pokémon that we've seen so far. I mean, you can sort of tell that they could have migrated from East Unova, as their evolutions were available in B/W's east Unova. Am I making sense?
Yeah a majority of them were. But Gorwlithe Line and Buneary Line weren't.
Old April 14th, 2012, 04:42 AM
[Your Name Here]

Nature: Bold
Pikachu is obviously getting in. >.<
I mean, no Pokedex (except for Unova's) doesn't have this little guy in there.
Old April 14th, 2012, 05:00 AM
Bluerang1
pin pin

So what do we think this is?

Spoiler:

It's from the trailer.
Old April 14th, 2012, 05:10 AM
giradialkia
Community Supporter

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to giradialkia
It looks sorta like a Tyranitar to me, to be honest. I'm probably wrong but I think it's either that or one of the Kyurem forms, or Groudon. I'm aware that's three completely different Pokemon, but that's all I got xD

I'm hugely excited about the expanded Pokedex. The Black/White regional dex was big enough, but to add 144 other Pokemon is just awesome. I'm already pleased with all the Pokemon that have been revealed so far:

(Low quality image, sorry).
I see Arcanine, Lapras, Tyranitar, Weavile, Mareep, Lucario and Metagross. And I love all of those Pokemon, so yes, I'm very, very pleased with the expanded Pokedex so far :D

This one's called 'Red', and it's actually kinda Pokémon themed, so have a listen! Check out the links below for more stuff, if you like this!

This is the Doctor
This is my Soundcloud
This is my bandcamp

My Pokémon Y character is the same as my username. If you see me as a Passerby let me know! I tend to get a lot of Passerby requests and I often wonder if it's people from this site.
Old April 14th, 2012, 05:14 AM
PokeRaidenFighter350Z
Battle Subway Editor

Nature: Careful
I'm looking forward to check out all the info for the new gym leaders. I have this thing of writing down what Pokemon they use and what levels so I can get the heads up and do the proper training once these games are released later this year.

All forum members BEWARE..!
Credits to Xulek
Old April 14th, 2012, 11:02 AM
Dominus Temporis
Fezzes are cool.

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluerang1 View Post
So what do we think this is?

Spoiler:

It's from the trailer.
Looks like a giant robot Tyranitar to me. Don't forget that's right after the green-screen set in the trailer, so perhaps the two are connected. Maybe they're making a Pokemon sentai show in-universe?

Anyway, I don't particularly care which Pokemon are added, as long as it's a variety of types and all the generations get a little love. Seeing Buneary is cool, I might use it in a playthrough. Odds are one of my runs will be all-Unova Pokemon, and the other will be a multigenerational mix.
Old April 14th, 2012, 02:55 PM
Azure
» Flame!
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to Azure
Pokémon Black 2 & White 2 - New Announcements Next Month
With thanks to AAPF for the tip, we now know that there will also be a plethora of new information within the next issue of CoroCoro, due out on May 15th. In addition to the information, there will be a 48 page manga book and what is listed as a "New Pokémon Scoop"> This does not necessarily mean that there will be a new Pokémon or new form although it implies it, but does raise the question of possibilities for information next month

Old April 14th, 2012, 06:27 PM
Mista T
Pityin' fools.

Nature: Jolly
I'm expecting a Psychic-type being available prior to the first gym, assuming that Homika is the first gym leader and that she does own a Koffing. It's a common practice for a Pokemon of an advantageous type to be available before the first gym (Mankey in FR/LG; Onix or Geodude in HG/SS; Shroomish or Lotad/Seedot in RSE; and the elemental monkeys in BW). As early game Psychics are somewhat rare, I'd expect the appearance of an older early game Psychic: Ralts. Abra or Munna might be possibilities as well.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Garbodium?feature=guide
Old April 14th, 2012, 07:05 PM
Raichupacabra
Villain

Nature: Hasty
The new Pokemon is either Genesect, a new form, or an old Pokemon that they consider new to Unova.

It's most likely a new form because the Kyurem forms were listed as new Pokemon.

Currently Playing: Pokemon X | 3DS Friend Code: 4313-1107-3365
(PM me with your Friend Code and tell me if you have added me)

Last edited by Raichupacabra; April 14th, 2012 at 07:10 PM.
Old April 14th, 2012, 07:28 PM
Community Supporter

For a Psychic type I see Munna being appearing first as the player will need to get the dream smoke early to access the dream world, so why not kill two birds with one stone.
A new Pokemon? Well it's suppose to appear in the movie so if it is Genesect it'll mean that all the Hidden Gen V pokemon have been revealed...
Old April 14th, 2012, 08:05 PM
iRyahn

Nature: Adamant
I am absolutely stoked that they included Pelliper from the looks of it.
I hope they add more forgotten Pokemon like him as well. I am so sick of seeing the same pokemon over again just because they seem to be favorites. It's time the odd balls got some love!
Old April 14th, 2012, 08:11 PM
Community Supporter

^ When you think about it it really isn't all that odd as Peliper could be captured in the now "iced" part of Unova in the original BW, so it proably migrated there. The game will proably include other eastern Unova Pokemon like Cherim (and it's pre evo), Sunkern, Sunflora, Ditto, Clefairy, Jigglypuff, ect.
Old April 14th, 2012, 08:44 PM
Kaori
tragedy

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Kaori
Pelipper looks like it should be in Unova. There's a lot of water surrounding the region and when you think about seagulls and other ocean related things, Pelipper comes to mind.

I'm predicting that a lot more bug types will be included in Pinwheel Forest (such as Caterpie, Weedle, Wurmple, Combee, etc.), it seems like a given to me.

smile. paired to vrai & karpman & drew
Old April 15th, 2012, 01:28 PM
porkcrapper
Beginning Trainer

i would love to see all of the legendary birds/dogs to be catchable, not just trade-only.
also, khangaskhan would be epic
Old April 15th, 2012, 01:35 PM
Oryx
Moon Prism POWER
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by porkcrapper View Post
i would love to see all of the legendary birds/dogs to be catchable, not just trade-only.
also, khangaskhan would be epic :)
Really? I wouldn't be a big fan of so many legendaries. That would be all the B/W legendaries, plus 6 more? @-@ I could see maybe one or two old legendaries, but that's a lot to add.
Old April 15th, 2012, 01:50 PM
droomph
mmm gurl that 90s
Community Supporter

Nature: Impish
Quote:
Originally Posted by porkcrapper View Post
i would love to see all of the legendary birds/hamsters to be catchable, not just trade-only.
also, khangaskhan would be epic
Fixed it for ya :sidenote:

Really guys, now that we're all okay with Gen 5 does it really matter which Pokés that we get? I mean I really love Grovyle but that's pretty much out of the question...sad :'(

I love all the Pokémon. I love them so hard their insides spill out. I wouldn't mind if no Gen I-IV was in there, but now that there IS I think it's a little extra gift from GF

Old April 15th, 2012, 01:58 PM
Oryx
Moon Prism POWER
Community Supporter

Well not everyone is okay with Gen V. Some people only want the game if it has Pokemon they'll enjoy using in it. ;x Regardless, it doesn't hurt to speculate.

Sponsored Links