• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen [Spoiler]New Gyms? Gym Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

TCB

Tranquilo.
Years
Seems to me that these two new gym leaders are the only new ones, with the others possibly making a return. They are given the most importance as they are new characters after all.

Not only that, I strongly believe that the the pevious ones, possibly Brycen, Burgh, Clay, Skyla and Drayden/Iris returning.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
Years
  • Age 8
  • +
  • Seen Sep 15, 2020
Seems to me that these two new gym leaders are the only new ones, with the others possibly making a return. They are given the most importance as they are new characters after all.

Not only that, I strongly believe that the the pevious ones, possibly Brycen, Burgh, Clay, Skyla and Drayden/Iris returning.
If only two of the gyms are being replaced with new ones, wouldn't there need to be an explanation as to what happened to the ones that are being replaced?

I'd rather them all be replaced instead of just two, or at least have a well mixture of the old Gyms and their leaders with the new ones. A replacement of Cilan/Chili/Cress could only lead to suspicion if the shadow triad are back in the games. ;)

MagikarpFTW

Pokemon Master
Years
  • Age 26
  • UK
  • Seen Apr 27, 2012
By the trailer it look's like the water gym is in a new town or city and I think that some old gym leaders might come back and it would also be cool if gym leaders from other regions would be new gym leaders in Unova.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022

If only two of the gyms are being replaced with new ones, wouldn't there need to be an explanation as to what happened to the ones that are being replaced?

I'd rather them all be replaced instead of just two, or at least have a well mixture of the old Gyms and their leaders with the new ones. A replacement of Cilan/Chili/Cress could only lead to suspicion if the shadow triad are back in the games. ;)

I can see them removing the triplets. I can also see them being a later gym with evolved and more advanced Pokemon. I would hope that if many leaders are replaced, they would actually explain what happened to the previous leaders, especially considering it is only two years in the future. It's not like it's forty years after the Team Plasma incident at the Pokemon League.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Their disappearance could have something to do with the ice if it's really there.
I do wonder why they chose to have one of the new gym leaders be Water as Cress was already water...
I'm guessing the Water will be the first gym as the rival is next to you when you meet the water gym leader much like how Cheren was with you when you meet N in the first town in BW. Though that would make Tepig have a disadvantage...

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
Years
  • Age 8
  • +
  • Seen Sep 15, 2020
Their disappearance could have something to do with the ice if it's really there.
I do wonder why they chose to have one of the new gym leaders be Water as Cress was already water...
I'm guessing the Water will be the first gym as the rival is next to you when you meet the water gym leader much like how Cheren was with you when you meet N in the first town in BW. Though that would make Tepig have a disadvantage...
But why would Homika only have 2 Pokémon on her team then? If anyone had to be at the first gym, I'd hope it was her for that reason. Plus it would be a major nice change to start off your journey by battling a Poison type gym as a first, and I think that would be fair enough. Snivy would be at the only disadvantage, I suppose.

blue

gucci
Years
Lenora had only 2 Pokémon and she was the second leader but the fact that Homika has been revealed so early could indicate that she is infact the first Gym Leader as well as the fact that she does have two Pokémon. It would be great because there's never been a poison leader for a first gym at all, not even close to it.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022

But why would Homika only have 2 Pokémon on her team then? If anyone had to be at the first gym, I'd hope it was her for that reason. Plus it would be a major nice change to start off your journey by battling a Poison type gym as a first, and I think that would be fair enough. Snivy would be at the only disadvantage, I suppose.

Well she COULD be the second. I mean, Lenora only had two Pokemon, but she was the second gym leader, not the first. Of course, it would be a nice little refreshing change of pace rather than the monkey trio/rock type/Pidgey-keeping gym leaders we've had as a first gym.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Have they revealed what Pokemon the Poison gym leader has anyways?
Water would be a nice change to, so far it's been 2, 8, and 4/5 so it's only missing 1,3,6, and 7, the water gym could be any of those (why would it be so late you ask if his city appears early? well it can be that we aren't allowed to challenge him until later due to reasons).

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
Years
  • Age 8
  • +
  • Seen Sep 15, 2020
Have they revealed what Pokemon the Poison gym leader has anyways?
Water would be a nice change to, so far it's been 2, 8, and 4/5 so it's only missing 1,3,6, and 7, the water gym could be any of those (why would it be so late you ask if his city appears early? well it can be that we aren't allowed to challenge him until later due to reasons).
Nope, just her design/sprite, part of the gym, and the fact that she will have 2 Pokémon.
Edit: After watching Pokémon Smash, there may be a chance that Homika has a Koffing on her team. It was shown from the clip of the anime so it's not definite.

I don't know, because GF revealed him so early, I'm predicting he'll be found early in the game, and you'll battle him around then as well. Unless he plays an important role. I'd like the Water type gym to be at least the second or third gym though, no need for it to be so late in the game.

Last edited:

Bluerang1

pin pin
Years
Ok big map! I only see seven Gyms, 5 of the old ones, one for Shizui and two other possible Gyms as one or the other, not both. But I'm probably wrong.

Here's the map. I circled already existing Gyms in Red, Shizui's Gym in Blue, and two other possible Gyms in purple.
Spoiler:

What's your take on the Gym locations?

I'm thinking Shizui is the first Gym leader because the funky looking area to the south of Driftveil comes after the little island where I think Shizui's Gym is.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023

Nope, just her design/sprite, part of the gym, and the fact that she will have 2 Pokémon.
Edit: After watching Pokémon Smash, there may be a chance that Homika has a Koffing on her team. It was shown from the clip of the anime so it's not definite.

I don't know, because GF revealed him so early, I'm predicting he'll be found early in the game, and you'll battle him around then as well. Unless he plays an important role. I'd like the Water type gym to be at least the second or third gym though, no need for it to be so late in the game.

Koffing? I really hope not. :( I'd much rather if the Pokemon from the early gyms were Unova native, so for her to use Trubbish and Venipede! And then after that I'd be fine with using the newer Pokemon. :x

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
I'm pretty chill with her having a Koffing. So long as it isn't anything like Seviper or some junk, I'd be good. I would like to see Unova Pokemon in her team, though. I'm mildly hoping for a Politoed to be in the Water leader's team. c:

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Omg, wouldn't it be kinda weird if the water gym leader had Politoed @ DW ability (because of idea of all Pokemon from DW being found) and then Seismitoed and something else with Swift Swim? >__> IF SO, the theory of it being the later gym leader would legit make more sense.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
Omg, wouldn't it be kinda weird if the water gym leader had Politoed @ DW ability (because of idea of all Pokemon from DW being found) and then Seismitoed and something else with Swift Swim? >__> IF SO, the theory of it being the later gym leader would legit make more sense.

Oh dear God my hopes are way up too high now. Holy crap. I'm excited. Like, EXTREMELY. DW Politoed in Gym team plz. <3333

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
Years
  • Age 8
  • +
  • Seen Sep 15, 2020
Yeah it seems like Homika will have a Koffing or even a Weezing, considering there is a logo of one in her gym.

hx9YI.png

Years
Seems like it, I also assume she'll use a Unova Pkmn as her signature Pkmn since a lot of leaders in Platinum did the same thing, albeit there weren't any new ones and it'd just promote the region in general to have it that way. My bet's on Scolipede, given that it's design is much more refined and fitting for a gym leader than Garbodor, but you never know!

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Don't think Dream World will play into main story. Its extra Metagame bonus. Keeping Dream World abilities in the dream world is what I'm hoping for.

@Koffing part. Who is to say Koffing won't be in New Unova? It could appear right before her gym legalizing it. Doesn't make sense if they have new Pokemon in Unova and not utilize them in Gyms. Part of adding more in is to expand new options for in game battles.

Kinda seeing Marill/Azumarill with Water Gym and maybe Lotad/Lombre since he has Lillypads.

Bluerang1

pin pin
Years
I really hope Homika doesn't have a Koffin. I want the whole Unova only Pokemon Gyms to stay. Maybe she'll have Koffing when we rematch her.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
Years
  • Age 8
  • +
  • Seen Sep 15, 2020
@Above - Why? Variety will play into the gyms and Elite Four better. :[

@Karpman - Scolipede seems more "rock band" than Garbodor. ...For sure.

Man, I can't wait to see all of the gyms and their leaders. I'm so curious on which ones are coming and going, and how their gyms and teams are going to be like (especially now that old Pokémon are back).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back