The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio

Notices

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

Advertise here

Old April 11th, 2012, 09:39 PM
Mateo
Johto Region Champion

Nature: Quirky

Advertise here
Quote:
Originally Posted by ascension7 View Post
I loved this hack, especially near the end. I haven't played the fixed version yet, but I'll make sure to try it out! I'll be pretending it's December again whilst I play
The minor fix patch isn't up yet, I was giving it a little more time to see if any other minor things showed up so I could include them as well. But I'll update the first post when it is!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosSonic
I'm really thinking into downloading the file so I can play this, I read every single positive post here, and while I don't get as much excitment from GSC hacks (personal peference) I will try this out, knowing that this will be more enjoyable.
Thanks! Glad you wanna give it a try. Hope you enjoy it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ablahblah987 View Post
Alright thanks. I'm enjoying this hack.
No problem! Glad you're enjoying it!

Old April 12th, 2012, 07:05 AM
ablahblah987

I think I beat everything? Is there no Mt. Silver and battle with Red equivalent in the game?
Old April 12th, 2012, 08:22 AM
Mateo
Johto Region Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by ablahblah987 View Post
I think I beat everything? Is there no Mt. Silver and battle with Red equivalent in the game?
Right, there is no final trainer. Unlocking Mt. Silver was replaced with unlocking Cerulean Cave and catching Mewtwo.

Old April 12th, 2012, 04:54 PM
.Ángel~
Sombrero de Paja

Nature: Serious
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to .Ángel~ Send a message via Skype™ to .Ángel~
Wow, i think its great I like we can enjoy gbc hacks, specially when they are that awesome
Gbc rulez!

Last edited by .Ángel~; April 12th, 2012 at 05:00 PM.
Old April 13th, 2012, 05:32 AM
naczkens
Experienced Pokeplayer

Nature: Impish
Another bug I've forgotten about. Surfing on Route 45 is not possible.
Old April 13th, 2012, 09:09 AM
TheChaosBlue
Jump On Box For a Free Life!

Nature: Quiet
Send a message via Skype™ to TheChaosBlue
Hey Mateo, when I said that 'knowing that this will be more enjoyable'? I wasn't lying. I'm only just gotten my first badge and entered Union Cave, and I'm hooked on this. The improvements, such Magnet Train tracks ongoing to Union Cave, Mr. Pokemon and Oak gretting a tad different....and no Silver? Will he appear at some point in the story?

Other than that, good job at keeping me engaged with this hack!
Old April 13th, 2012, 10:37 PM
Mateo
Johto Region Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by naczkens View Post
Another bug I've forgotten about. Surfing on Route 45 is not possible.
That's not a bug, actually, that's intentional. Notice how those are bridges over the water, and there are no stairs letting you get down to the level as the water to surf on it. It's emulating this design from Heart Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosSonic View Post
Hey Mateo, when I said that 'knowing that this will be more enjoyable'? I wasn't lying. I'm only just gotten my first badge and entered Union Cave, and I'm hooked on this. The improvements, such Magnet Train tracks ongoing to Union Cave, Mr. Pokemon and Oak gretting a tad different....and no Silver? Will he appear at some point in the story?

Other than that, good job at keeping me engaged with this hack!
Silver doesn't actually show up. His story was mainly in original Gold, and since this takes place later, he isn't around. He will show up in the redesigned Halloween hack that I'm planning out, which takes place between Gold and this hack. It's still way too early in development to make a thread for that hack though, it will be later in the year, closer to October.

But hey, glad you're enjoying it, and of course please continue to post any feedback you have about it, I appreciate it!

Last edited by Mateo; April 13th, 2012 at 10:43 PM. Reason: expand on a comment
Old April 14th, 2012, 03:07 AM
naczkens
Experienced Pokeplayer

Nature: Impish
Oh, I just found a weird bug. Piloswine, and Mamoswine have different type of experience, so after the evolution and gaining one level, it gained actually 12 additional levels. That confused me really big.
You should change it, as well as the stats of all that added pokemon.
Old April 15th, 2012, 10:13 AM
Mateo
Johto Region Champion

Odd, I thought I fixed those before this release. I know some pokemon had been doing it, but I thought I fixed all the new ones. I'll make sure they are right in the bug fix patch.

Old April 16th, 2012, 04:22 AM
!MaX!

Ho ho, I come back after so many months and we have a new hack from Skeetendo!

Gonna try it out!
Old April 16th, 2012, 11:52 AM
machomuu
The Lights in the Sky are Stars
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
*Sees "Skeetendo" in the Title*
*Immediately Downloads*
Old April 16th, 2012, 01:29 PM
Mateo
Johto Region Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by naczkens View Post
Oh, I just found a weird bug. Piloswine, and Mamoswine have different type of experience, so after the evolution and gaining one level, it gained actually 12 additional levels. That confused me really big.
You should change it, as well as the stats of all that added pokemon.
Alright, fixed the Mamoswine bug, and double checked the others for errors too. Unless you guys find any other errors, I'll go head and get the new bug-fixed patch up tonight.
EDIT: In looking back over my notes, I noticed an unused flag leftover from one of the old events, so I think I will use this to put back in something this hack originally lacked- a powerful final trainer.

Also, Glad you guys are fans! Hope you enjoy the hack!

EDIT2: The bug-fixed patch is up. Apply it to a clean rom, then give it the same file name as the old one and you can pickup where you left off. If you already have a Mamoswine that did the EXP bug, he will most likely do it again since his growth rate was changed to fix it, but new ones should work fine. Also, I would recommend NOT saving in Unknown Dungeon before you go to resume from the newly patched version. You should be able to save anywhere else though.

Last edited by Mateo; April 18th, 2012 at 02:02 PM.
Old April 19th, 2012, 01:53 AM
HeroesAndCons

@Mateo this is one of the best hacks I've ever played, up there with the big boys like Pokemon Brown! Well done and thanks for such a great game, it's addictive and a refreshing take on my favourite generation of Pokemon games!

I do have a few questions though:
1 - Is there any way to catch Pikachu besides the trade in Violet city? I've already evolved that one to a Raichu and I need another Pikachu to trade for Mudkip...
2 - Can Glaceon learn ANY TM's besides Ice, normal and hidden Power moves? It seems extremely limited in its movepool - for example, it should be able to learn Shadow Ball and, I think, Psychic, but it doesn't, is it a glitch?
3 - Do you think you could make a fix in the near future so that there is a Final trainer unlocked AFTER you catch Mewtwo, like maybe he is standing there in Mewtwo's place ready to face you, etc? Just an idea, I don't know if there is enough allocated space in your hack for him or something...
4 - You said that the final evolutions obtaioned via trading are in Cerulean Cave... but I can't Find Gengar or kingdra or slowking though, instead finding the already easily-obtainable Arcanine and Crobat, which do not need trading to obtain. I really want a Kingdra too... XD
5 - Mudkip and its line is in the game... do you think you could enter Treeko, Torchic, and maybe even a truant-less Slakoth line too? I would do it myself if I had any hacking knowledge, but I don't, and you could easily replace some useless pokemon like Oddish, Corsola, and Mantine. It's already an incredible hack, but this would make it just perfect XD

Last edited by HeroesAndCons; April 19th, 2012 at 02:31 AM.
Old April 19th, 2012, 06:55 AM
blazerj13
Impossibly Possible~

Nature: Adamant
OH JUST GOT AN IDEA! make MEWTWO the final trainer!
Old April 19th, 2012, 07:38 AM
Mateo
Johto Region Champion

Well the final trainer is already inserted, and you have to battle Mewtwo first in order to get to them. Assuming you are playing the Bug Fix and Final Trainer version, Mewtwo should now be standing on top of a ladder, and you can go up it once you beat him/catch him/etc.

Glaceon's TM list is just an oversight, I'll go back in and fix that. Also you should be able to catch Pikachu on Route 2 like in original GS, they just aren't very common.

I could go back and put those in. In the meantime though you can use an emulator like VBA Link or TGB Dual to trade and get them to evolve with the GTS on South Isle.

Adding in all of those other pokemon would take longer to bug test than adding in the final trainer (since the final trainer I could pretty much just resume from a couple of different post-kanto saves and make sure she worked lol) I might add them in the future, but right now I'm more focused on fixing bugs with what's there than adding a lot of new things. I have a lot of ideas, but I'm saving them for the Halloween Hack, which will be a prequel to this one and will hopefully be out in late October. But after that, there's nothing saying I can't go back and in a few more pokemon and things this coming christmas.

EDIT: I acutally thought about making Mewtwo the final trainer. But since I already had it so you could catch him, and wanted people's existing saves to make sense when they upgraded, I kept it as someone else. However the mewtwo as a final trainer idea could work in the prequel.

Last edited by Mateo; April 19th, 2012 at 09:07 AM. Reason: edit
Old April 21st, 2012, 12:14 PM
Johtostunna895
Beginning Trainer

hi guys im about to download this but before i start i would like to know where i could get mudkip ? since its been replaced with hoppip id guess where hoppip was originally found ?
Old April 21st, 2012, 04:25 PM
Mateo
Johto Region Champion

Mudkip:
Spoiler:
You get Mudkip in a trade in the Pewter Museum of Science trading for a Pikachu

Old April 21st, 2012, 09:55 PM
kingotu
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mateo View Post
Silver doesn't actually show up. His story was mainly in original Gold, and since this takes place later, he isn't around. He will show up in the redesigned Halloween hack that I'm planning out, which takes place between Gold and this hack. It's still way too early in development to make a thread for that hack though, it will be later in the year, closer to October.

But hey, glad you're enjoying it, and of course please continue to post any feedback you have about it, I appreciate it!
Does this mean secrets and rumors won't see any news this year?
Old April 22nd, 2012, 07:22 AM
jstolze

Hey where do you find HM03 Surf? It's not where it normally is in G/S/C...
Old April 22nd, 2012, 12:53 PM
Mateo
Johto Region Champion

It's still pretty easy to find if you explore Ecruteak. Check out burned tower.

Old April 22nd, 2012, 04:31 PM
jstolze

Quote:
It's still pretty easy to find if you explore Ecruteak. Check out burned tower.
Thanks for that. I now have another question: Where do I go for the third rocket event? I've gone all the way to the city with the 8th gym, but the doors locked, and that means I've missed something... Please help. Thanks again!
Old April 22nd, 2012, 05:13 PM
Mateo
Johto Region Champion

Have you checked out the Battle Tower like the phone call mentioned?

Old April 22nd, 2012, 05:20 PM
jstolze

Quote:
Have you checked out the Battle Tower like the phone call mentioned?
Thanks, I sped through the phone call, and didn't really pay any attention (I probably should have though) XD
Old April 22nd, 2012, 05:57 PM
Mateo
Johto Region Champion

Haha yeah, speeding through text can be a problem.

Old April 24th, 2012, 12:17 PM
Icemasters

Nature: Lonely
are the three dogs randomly found about different routes like in original gold?
If so when would they start appearing in the grass.

Last edited by Icemasters; April 24th, 2012 at 12:19 PM. Reason: a
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here