The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Challenges

Notices

Challenges Bored of your old Pokémon games, but still want to play them? Put your skills to the test with a solo run, a monotype challenge, or anything else you can think of.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Old February 20th, 2012, 07:46 AM
heLLkitsune
There's nothing for me here...

Pokemon challenge:
MANKEY SEE, MANKEY DO!
Concept:
In this challenge your goal is to beat the game with a team based on Pokemon you have encountered in trainer battles. There are two types of challenges. The first type is where you can only use Pokemon you have seen being used by a trainer and thus, everyone will almost start with the same team, but will end the challenge with different Pokemon. The second type is that you are not allowed to use Pokemon you have seen being used (you defeated the trainer and you realized that the Pokemon the trainer was using wasn't worthy joining your team). This would limit the amount of Pokemon you could get and also it would make you plan your route (so you would not encounter Pokemon you want to use).

Rules:
1.All PokeCommunity rules apply.
2.Trading/Hacking Pokemon or eggs isn't allowed because you could hack in a pokemon which is not used in the game and therefore you could use it through the whole game.
3.You can only trade for the purpose of evolution.
4.Emulators are allowed.
5.HM slaves are allowed.
6.Legendary Pokemon are not allowed.
7.This challenge is for and of the main series RPG games (RBYG/GSC/RSE/FRLG/DPPt/HGSS/BW).
8.Your goal is to:

*RBGY/FRLG: Defeat the E4
*GSC/HGSS: Defeat Red
RS: Defeat E4
E: Defeat Steven
DPPt: Defeat E4
BW: Defeat Alder

9.Please update! We want to hear about your adventure.
10.HAVE FUN!!!

Normal mode:
In normal mode you can only use Pokemon you have seen being used. In that case, if you have seen a trainer using Pidgey, you can use it as long as it remains a Pidgey. You can only evolve it if you've seen another trainer using Pidgeotto.

Reverse mode:
In reverse mode you can use any Pokemon in the game you haven't seen being used. For ex. in Pokemon Fire Red, from the point on when you defeated Brock, you can't use Geodude, Sandshrew nor Onix and thus you can't use their evolutions. You have to watch your step!

Sing-up form:
Username:
Game:
Mode:

Challengers:
RBGY: Myrrhman(Blue, Normal)
GSC: tente2(Crystal, Normal)
RSE: heLL15(Ruby, Normal)
FRLG:
eLuigi-San(Leaf Green, Normal)
DPPt:
HGSS:
BW:
Other:

Last edited by heLLkitsune; February 23rd, 2012 at 02:11 PM.
Old February 22nd, 2012, 12:33 PM
tente2
"Outta my way, dammit!"

Nature: Bashful
Whaaaaaaaaaat?!?!??!?! No challengers yet? I'm definetely changing that.

Username:
tente2
Game: Crystal
Mode: I'm far too much of a wimp for reverse. But maybe after this Normal Mode, I could try reverse?

I saw this on the "Syd is lazy ):<" board and I was about to PM you about making it when I saw this. I'm just a little confused as to why it's not getting any attention. :/

...Also, shouldn't it be "Mankey see, Mankey do" like Myrrhman said?

Anyway, if I complete this challenge, it would be the very first challenge I ever complete. *crosses fingers* I always never complete the other ones I sign up for...*sigh*

Last edited by tente2; February 22nd, 2012 at 01:01 PM.
Old February 22nd, 2012, 12:46 PM
heLLkitsune

Quote:
Originally Posted by tente2 View Post
Whaaaaaaaaaat?!?!??!?! No challengers yet? I'm definetely changing that.

Username:
tente2
Mode: I'm far too much of a wimp for reverse. But maybe after this Normal Mode, I could try reverse?

I saw this on the "Syd is lazy ):<" board and I was about to PM you about making it when I saw this. I'm just a little confused as to why it's not getting any attention. :/

...Also, shouldn't it be "Mankey see, Mankey do" like Myrrhman said?

Anyway, if I complete this challenge, it would be the very first challenge I ever complete. *crosses fingers*

Question, can we use are starters? Since I don't believe we ever see another trainer use them, but since they're given to us...
Aww, I'm totally blind. I didn't see that post, ah well. You're signed up and about the question, you can't use your starter, sry, rules are rules, albeit in some games there are trainers that use starters. Anyway, good luck and have fun !
Old February 22nd, 2012, 01:00 PM
tente2
"Outta my way, dammit!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by heLLkitsune View Post
You're signed up and about the question, you can't use your starter, sry, rules are rules, albeit in some games there are trainers that use starters. Anyway, good luck and have fun :)!
That's fine then, it wouldn't really be challenging otherwise. It'll be interesting to use Rattata for the first part of the game! XD

And I will! Thanks!

Last edited by tente2; February 22nd, 2012 at 04:07 PM.
Old February 22nd, 2012, 03:46 PM
myrrhman
Challenge God

Nature: Sassy
Send a message via AIM to myrrhman
I'm going to go ahead and sign up for a normal challenge on Blue. I won't be getting to it for a while (challenges are backed up right now) but I'll hurry to it as fast as i can.

Name: Myrrhman
Game: Blue
Mode: Normal

Quick question. For the reverse mode, how does the Elite Four work? Can I use a Machamp just through Bruno, or can I use it for the whole challenge?
Old February 22nd, 2012, 04:07 PM
tente2
"Outta my way, dammit!"

First update, here we come!
Quote:
Spoiler:
Tente2's Could-Not-Be-More-Amazing Mankey Torture Crystal Walkthrough
Abuse furry Fighting-type Pokemon? Check. Steal Ober's awesomeness? No, my updates are too bland for that.

So, you may be wondering to yourself, why is this Oak dude introducing you to Pokemon Crystal instead of Elm? (Especially when he greets you later at Mr. Pokemon's house as if he had never met you...)

Or even a better question, when will I actually get into the update of this walkthrough? No need for impatience, my darlings
. I've only rambled for two paragraphs anyway.

So, anyway, Professor Elm abused the Jhoti youth like every single Pokemon researcher does. And, plot twist, he gave me a pokemon so that I wouldn't be scratched at by the ferocious mice and pigeons that live in the tall grass.

I chose a Chikorita and named her Jade. I won't be using her per the challenge rules, but I may use her for HM purposes later.

Everything was pretty predictable and not all that exciting as Banana, son of Giovanni, stole his own Cyndaquil from the New Bark Pokemon Lab. And they only sent one cop too, but that's understandable as there is never a police office in Johto at all.

I'll save you all the boredom of the events that are doomed to be renacted everytime somebody starts up a Crystal ROM/cartridge.

So, instead, we jump up to Route 30!

It chances upon us that the very first Pokemon Trainer we encounter (other than Banana and his Cyndaquil of course) is Joey and his elite, amazing, pure-breed Ratatta.

I can feel your pain...

Joey was a joke, and so was his Ratatta. I roamed the grass for a couple minutes until I realized that Rattata is probably a daytime-only pokemon. So down the dump goes the very first Pokemon I could've used.

It turns out Pidgey is a similar case. And I was actually sort of hopeful that Pidgey might've turned out to be a good pokemon. Well, youngsters are absoutely useless. D:<

I'd like to know the name of the idiot at Gamefreak that made all the trainers use daytime-only Pokemon.

At this point I realized I couldn't count on these kiddie trainers to give me some options I could actually use, so I went to Bellsprout Tower to force the monks to cough up some nighttime Pokemon.

Look! The magical invisible Bellsprout!

Finally, something I can use!

No no it's cool dude, now I can finally use a pokemon :P

So, having found an option for my team, I race back to Route 31 to catch this tropical plant, which really shouldn't be living in a temperate climate. But hey, I'm not complaining.

Having obtained my first team mate (Finally!) I am jumping for joy. I've never used the Bellsprout line before, but Victreebel seems like I really fun Pokemon to use, and I'm a fan of James' Victreebel, so it's a win-win.

I named the Bellsprout Honeydew.

Youngster Joey called me asking for a rematch shortly after I got Honeydew. I didn't know they could call that early (or soon) but hey, I'm not complaining, it's free EXP!

I didn't trust Hondeydew to hold up very well on her own against Falkner, so I began grinding. I tried grinding on Route 32, but she had trouble against the Spineraks and Zubats, so I had to go back to Route 31 to grind.

After a while, I went back to Route 32 and kept grinding on from there. I was getting discouraged because Vine Whip seemed to be resisted by practically everything I encountered (didn't find many Poliwags in the beginning, unfortunately) but then I decided to try Growth out. Turns out, it can actually be really useful. By using it one or two times before attacking, most enemies dropped like flies.

Grinding is so easy with speed button. I LOVE the speed button!

I kept grinding until I could defeat most Pokemon without setting up Growth. I decided to stop at Lv. 15.

Turns out, at Lv. 15 Honeydew learned Wrap. I've always thought it was a crappy move, but it turns out in the early part of the game it isn't. Using Wrap, I could easily defeat other Bellsprout, the only thing Honeydew still had trouble on.

As if! Not like I've seen a trainer with Onix anyway, jerk.

I decided I was ready to take on the Violet City Gym. I lost against the first trainer, so I knew I had to re-consider my strategy. Growth + Vine Whip wasn't enough.

Using Sleep Powder to put the birds to sleep before attacking, I quickly disposed of Falkner and his crownies.

However, something special other than the Zephyr Badge came out of this. Falkner got me precious Pidgeotto at my disposal, and in a world of incompetent trainers and their weak and unevolved Pokemon, an evolved Pokemon in your arsenal is something precious. I may consider picking up a Pidgey later, in the daytime.

The idiot that kept me from leaving Violet with his frivilous, shallow things, actually got me something VERY useful for Honeydew. Seems like you are somewhat useful in my quest for success after all. Take notes other NPCs. Giving items to total complete 10-year-old strangers is a great idea.

Some picnicker who wasn't having a picnic at all gave me Nidoran Female as a potential party member. Same for the boy scout dude and his male Nidoran. But I already have Honeydew and her poison-typing, so I don't think I'll be using either.

Sometime on Route 33 Honeydew tried to learn Stun Spore. Using the speed button, I accidentally taught that over Vine Whip. I HATE THE SPEED BUTTON.

Had to restart, but luckily I had saved right before Falkner so I didn't lose much data. Raced right through Falkner again.

Deformed Magikarp! Let's discrimate it!

Of course, I blasted through all the fishermen and their now-nonexistant cigarettes and related, censored tobacco products.

In the fight with Fisherman Justin, I had to take down four Magikarp by inflicting them with Poison Powder and then stalling with Growth.

Youngter Gordon gave me the option to use Wooper. Thanks for that! :D

Now at this point, I had to consider something. Honeydew has a 4x weakness to fire--even worse than Jade, who only had a 2x weakness. There was no way I could stand up to a Quilava. I would be forced to grind endlessly to get past Banana once he confronted me in Azelea Town. So, I pokemon with a 4x resistance to fire was looking like a good choice. And so, Bleu de France was caught.

Besides, I needed to get a second Pokemon soon anyway. This isn't a solo run, and if Honeydew got too much experience now it would be even harder to grind up whatever second party member I got later.

Bleu de France had a really hard time against the Bellsprouts on that route. At Level 9, he survived his very first encounter against one, but I still had to flee. At least he wasn't 1HKOed.

At level 11, Bleu de France learned Slam. He actually BEAT a Bellsprout with it. Although I still had to heal afterwards, I'm starting to become more optimistic about this Pokemon.

I apparently got a little...obsessed...with Slam, because I had a little...encounter...with Gastly in which Bleu de France nearly fainted. I was getting suspicious as to why I kept missing, so I stopped speeding for a second. Yeah, I forgot about the Ghost - Normal immunity.

Anyway, I grinded Bleu de France until he was up to Lv. 14. Six levels lower than Honeydew, but I was getting tired of grinding, even WITH the all-mighty speed button.

My original plans were to get all the way up to Azelea Town and kick Bugsy's ass, but I got lazy as soon I entered Union Cave, so that's where this first update is ending.

Pokemon I've seen:
Spoiler:
-Cyndaquil
-Rattata
-Pidgey
-Caterpie
-Weedle
-Bellsprout
-Hoothoot
-Spearow
-Pidgeotto
-Zubat
-Nidoran Female
-Nidoran Male
-Magikarp
-Wooper
-Poliwag
-Goldeen

Question. Saying hypothetically we encounter the 3rd stage final evolution of a 1st stage pokemon we have, but we've never seen the direct, 2nd stage evolution. What happens then? Can we evolve or not?

Last edited by tente2; February 27th, 2012 at 07:29 AM.
Old February 23rd, 2012, 05:27 AM
heLLkitsune

My game update is coming soon .
@myrrhman I forgot to ask the community about the same problem. What do you guys think? I personally wouldn't allow the usage of Machamp after you defeated Bruno. After all, you've got to follow rules.
@tente2 I would allow that, yes. I think it's fair enough to use the 3rd evolution pokemon if you didn't see 2nd evolution of that line, but with the thesis that you have to evolve it as soon as possible.

Last edited by heLLkitsune; February 23rd, 2012 at 05:30 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old February 23rd, 2012, 06:40 AM
Sammuthegreat
Kangaskhan

Nature: Calm
heLLkitsune - you realise Bellsprout is only 2x weak to Fire, right? Fire is super-effective against Grass but not Poison.

Otherwise, love the challenge and love the updates. May seriously consider doing this challenge in the future when I have less on my plate.
Old February 23rd, 2012, 11:04 AM
tente2
"Outta my way, dammit!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammuthegreat View Post
heLLkitsune - you realise Bellsprout is only 2x weak to Fire, right? Fire is super-effective against Grass but not Poison.
You mean me, right? I believe heLLkitsune hasn't even talked about Bellsprout :P

And I did not know that! It's still good to have a 4x resister to fire though.
Old February 23rd, 2012, 11:33 AM
Luigi-San
Decisions, Decisions...

Nature: Quiet
Send a message via AIM to Luigi-San Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Luigi-San Send a message via Skype™ to Luigi-San
This looks interesting!

Username: Luigi-San
Game: LeafGreen

<--- Level these up!

<--- Join us!
Old February 23rd, 2012, 03:12 PM
myrrhman
Challenge God

Nature: Sassy
Send a message via AIM to myrrhman
Quote:
You mean me, right? I believe heLLkitsune hasn't even talked about Bellsprout

And I did not know that! It's still good to have a 4x resister to fire though.
Nope. Wooper's Water/Ground. Ground takes normal damage from Fire attacks. I think you're thinking of Rock.
Old February 25th, 2012, 05:45 PM
KoboraX
Grand Master of Themed Teams

Nature: Relaxed
Username: KoboraX (I perfer Blissy)
Game: White
Mode: Reverse Mode (I'm constructing a team that won't be ripped apart due to the standards of Reverse Mode)

Since Reverse Mode is an ultimate nightmare, I'm gonna start now.

My Starter:

Blissy's Torture White Mankey Reverse Run
(also known as nuR esreveR yeknaM etihW erutroT s'yssliB)

Episode 1 - The Nightmare Begins

Ok...time for the curelest challenge I've ever done to begin. Now, I start off by starting stuff up and naming my character and all that stuff. Now, time for Episode 1-1, Nuvema Town.
Episode 1-1
Nuvema Town
Ok, starting off with the box. Time to get my Tepig. Bianca is slow.

*30 seconds later*

Yay, I got Tepig! Naturally, Bianca picks Snivy and Cheren is stuck with Oshawott. He was gonna pick it anyway. Now, battle time! Right off the bat, Snivy is off the list. Tackle about 69 times (not really), and Bianca gets owned. Cheren heals my Tepig with his wizerd powers, then it's time to face off with Cheren. Later on, Cheren is going to drive me insane with rage, but not yet. Now Oshawott is gone. Sad face. Awesome level up from owning Oshawott. Awesome. Almost lost due to a critical first attack. After telling mom about Bianca decimating my room, I get my party healed again, and it's off to Professer Juniper's lab. First, I pay Bianca a visit at her house. First impression of her father, "umad bro?"

After seeing the umad father of Bianca, it's really time to go see Professer Juniper. Time to nickname my Tepig Blaze the Second, or Blaze II, as a refrence to my Blaziken in Ruby named Blaze. After that, I get a Pokedex. Awesome. Upon going outside, mom gives me the Town Map, a useful item. Now, time to go to Route 1. Now, luckily for me, there are no trainers. A tutorial on catching pokemon, 5 Poke Balls, and some grinding. Accumula Town is up ahead, where a new encounter awaits me.
Episode 1-2
N, the one guy who is really gonna ruin my run of Reverse Mode...
Ah, Accumula Town. A bit more tutorial, then it's time to face off with the one guy who will drive me insane during this run. Time to meet Team Plasma and all of their "liberate the pokemon" crap. After that, there's...him! N. This guy's team changes with the encounter, which forses me to make my team completely different. I think he hit his head as a baby. This battle, all he has is a Purrloin, which eliminates that off my list. I have to admit, N has some awesome battle music. Although, he was easily owned by Blaze II. Since three pokemon are eliminated, this part is done. Next time, it's the travel to Striaton City to challeng Cress.

Team Blissy

Blaze II (Tepig) Lv. 9
Moves: Tackle, Tail Whip, Ember, Odor Sleuth

Unusable Pokemon
Spoiler:
Snivy
Oshawott
Purrloin

Luvdisc Solo x4
FireRed 3/8 - Ruby - Platinum - White 2
Omastar Solo - FireRed 0/8
Armaldo Solo - Emerald 0/8
Furret Solo - Silver 0/8
Pokemon Emerald Randomizer Nuzlocke - 0/8
Old February 26th, 2012, 02:51 AM
Ober
Challenger Extraordinaire (?)

Nature: Lonely
Spoiler:

Quote:
MANKEY SEE, MANKEY DO!

Toyotomi Hideyoshi:"Damn! Toyotomi the Monkey approves this challenge!

Mankey see, Mankey do! I'll start after unifying Kanto (I mean after I finish le poison monotype challenge, recently stopped as I'm tired a little bit). I can sense a great potential in creating stuff here - I'm in. Just let me start later, but not that later. Is it okay?

Name: Ober
Old February 26th, 2012, 09:05 AM
tente2
"Outta my way, dammit!"

I wanted to put this up yesterday but Pokecommunity was down D:<

Also, @Myrrhman--I really suck with typing coverages. XD

Quote:
Spoiler:
Abuse furry Fighting-type Pokemon? Check. Steal Ober's awesomeness? No, my updates are too bland for that.

I wish I could say the same thing for you buddy...

What awaits us on this journey of intense peril? Courage? Friendship? Destiny? Or none of the above? You'd be right on the latter, so here we go!

I blasted through the Union Cave and got to Azelea with Bleu de France.

Bleu de France fainted during the battle with the hiker outside the cave. I sent out Honeydew, and during the battle she grew to Lv. 21. After the battle, she started to evolve--but I haven't seen a Weepinbell yet. I had no Everstone (nor I know if they even exist in this generation yet) so I decided to not use Honeydew for a while, since I don't trust myself to not accidentally evolve her.

I didn't want Bleu de France to get too overleveled, so I decided to catch another Pokemon. Remember what I said about Falkner's Pidgeotto? ;)

In Ilex Forest, I caught a pidgey and named her Magnolia.

Started grinding Magnolia in Slowpoke well, but it was a little annoying. So, I went back to Ilex, where Gust quickly dispatched of the Bug and Grass types.

After Magnolia was at Lv 16--one level lower than Bleu de France--I took care of the Rockets very easily.

I caught an HM slave named Fan****. I admit, I originally wanted to replace Bleu de France with it, but I changed my mind. Anyway, it's mainly a Flash slave for now, but later I will use if for Whirlpool and Waterfall.

Guess who interrupted a cutscene...

Kurt made me a Fast Ball, as a reward for my courage for beating up the mafia (which, instead of using actual weapons, decided to use baby animals)

...Little did he know that I stole fruits from his own property and made a profit from them! Haha, good ol' larceny!

Anyway, in my attempt to return to Ilex to grind some more, I accidentally challenged Banana before I thought I was ready, but whatevs, I can take him.

Sent out Bleu de France against their Gastly. Gastly paralyzed me with what I assume was Lick (speed button...) and although I managed to take Gastly down, I was easy pickings to Zubat, as I was paralyzed.

Magnolia defeated the weakened Zubat easily.

Quilava came out, and I thought Magnolia could take it, but apparently she couldn't :/

I sent out Honeydew. I was scared of my 2x weakness to Fire, so I set the Quilava to sleep with Sleep Powder. Luckily I didn't miss. Then I used Growth twice before taking Quilava down with Vine Whip.

Magnolia made easy work of the Azelea Gym. In the battle with the Bug Catcher that has the Beedrill line, Magnolia grew to Lv 18 and viola! Evolution time! I could actually evolve this one ;)

Bugsy was a joke. Metapod went down in a flash, same story with Kakuna.

Now, Bugsy shows up with a Scyther. Interesting actually, you don't get Scyther too far from this point in the game and I've never used one. I may consider using one when the time comes. Main problem is that Magnolia is already Flying type, and I don't need my weaknesses to be multiplied. :/

Scyther still easily succumbed to a couple Gusts.

After the battle, I withdrew Jade to stick Cut on her.

Got the Sweet Scent TM from the lady in the route connector and Headbutt from the Ilex dude.

I wish I could say the same thign about you, buddy. All you had were stupid pokes I already saw in the Azelea Gym.

Some Youngster on the next route had Sandshrew, which is another pokemon I've never used, but I have Bleu de France, so it's not like I really need this option. At least he's better than that stingy Bug Catcher in Ilex D:<

Apparently, the game is finally finding out I appreciate it when it's useful. On this route, I got Hoppip, Bulbasaur, Sandshrew, Snubull, Mankey, Psyduck, and Diglett added to my Pokemon pool. Not that I'll be using any of them, but the new Pokemon are still appreciated. (And I would've gotten more if it wasn't daytime D:<)

Because of your incompetent AI, that's why.

I'm more than suspicious! I'm beating up the pets of random strangers! Isn't that assualt or something?!?! *pout*

It's stupid daytime, so the cops won't battle me for Growlithe. Nevermind what I said about the game's convenience, this thing really wants to spite me D:<

I also got an Odd Egg at the Daycare. I'm crossing my fingers that it evolves into something that I've seen.

I was originally going to end my update here, but this one was kind of short so I decided to take on the Goldenrod Gym. I was so suprised I could challenge the gym immeadietly; I know the Whitney-in-the-Department Store applies only in HG/SS, but I still thought we had something else to do before taking care of the gym. I wish all the gyms were like this.

THIS IS WHY I HATE THE SPEED BUTTON. *sigh* Luckily, I had the common sense to save every couple battles or so. I guess I'm just going to keep myself on my toes during this challenge. Either that, or a lot of restarting. Maybe I should consider a Pokemon that doesn't evolve by level up...?

Doing the same thing I did when Honeydew was close to evolving, I decided not to use Bleu de France anymore until I've seen Quagsire in battle. Magnolia actually had a far easier time going through the Goldenrod Gym, so maybe this was for the best.

...But of course, I'm way too much of a wimp to take on Whitney yet. The last time I played through Crystal, I had nightmares of her for weeks to come. And, because basically the only Pokemon I can use it Magnolia, I am SUPER scared, more than the other times. I want to see if I can get another team member I would like to use first, and if not then I want to at least grind a bit. All that requires time to think, so this update is ending here for now.

Da Slaves

Pokemon I've seen so far:
Spoiler:
-Cyndaquil
-Rattata
-Pidgey
-Caterpie
-Weedle
-Bellsprout
-Hoothoot
-Spearow
-Pidgeotto
-Zubat
-Nidoran Female
-Nidoran Male
-Magikarp
-Wooper
-Poliwag
-Goldeen
-Slowpoke
-Geodude
-Koffing
-Onix
-Vulpix
-Machop
-Ekans
-Quilava
-Ledyba
-Spinarak
-Paras
-Beedrill
-Kakuna
-Metapod
-Scyther
-Sandshrew
-Snubull
-Hoppip
-Bulbasaur
-Mankey
-Diglett
-Psyduck
-Sentret
-Meowth
-Jigglypuff

Last edited by tente2; February 27th, 2012 at 07:28 AM.
Old February 26th, 2012, 04:35 PM
jdthebud
Monotype Master

Nature: Naive
Quote:
I wanted to put this up yesterday but Pokecommunity was down D:<

Also, @Myrrhman--I really suck with typing coverages. XD
hey man, you really need to put your updates in spoiler tags rather than quote tags, otherwise the post is REALLY long and stretches the page. Ober did that too, by the way, but he saw the light...

LeafGreen - HeartGold - Emerald - Platinum - Black 2 (postgame)

FireRed - HeartGold - Emerald - Platinum - Black 2

Select Completed Challenges:
Ultimate Monotype:

Fireheart: L88, L88, L71, L76, L100; Palin: L98, L92, L86, L100, L100
Excalibur: L75, L88, L87, L84, L100; Nagini: L100, L96, L100, L100, on hold
Old February 26th, 2012, 10:11 PM
KoboraX

Episode 2 - This List Grows a Lot

Now that we took care of N, let's head to Striaton City where we will go and battle Cress.

Episode 2-1
The Road to Striaton City
Spoiler:

After N left, a quick healing of Blaze II was
in order. After a quick healing, it was time to head for Route 2. About five steps into Route 2, Mom calls on my Xtransciever for a few moments, then appears in person to give me a pair of Running Shoes. Pro. After that, it's time for some battles. First, there's Youngster Jimmy with a Patrat. There goes that Normal type. I easily get over it by
burning it to death. Who's next? Looks like a Lass. Thing is,
she has a Purrloin. It's already off the list. Time to burn it to
death. Next battle! Great...another Youngster. According to
his text, he has a Lillipup. There goes a Normal type that becomes really good at it's final evolution. Sad face. At the end of Route 2, it's Bianca again. She still sucks at battling since I easily own her Lillipup and her Snivy. After that, it's Striaton City time.

Episode 2-2
The Dreamyard and Gym Leader Cress
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Ah, Striaton City. After a healing, it's time to take a
visit to the Dreamyard to go train up Blaze II. Lass and Youngster, Purrloin, Lilllipup, and Patrat. Weaklings. These things bore me now. Oh well. This time, it's worth it. A girl gives me a useful Pansage I can use as an HM slave. Slaves FTW! Pokemon Center to refuel on Ember PP. Time to go to the Trainer's School to battle Cheren. At least he's a threat later on. Oshawott and Purrloin. Both already off the list. After owning Cheren again, it's time to go to the gym to own Cress. More Normal types! Brooklyn Rage! At this point, I'm seriously tired of these Normal types. Waiter, Waitress, Lilipup, Patrat, Purrloin. The usual. Heal, then it's time for the Gym Leader. Save just in case, then it's battle
time.

vs.

Ok, let's start off this gym battle with Blaze II vs.
Lillipup. 2v2s FTW! Pretty much, my entire strategy is to burn Lillipup to death, then spam Vine Whip with Pansage. Overall, my "burn the dog to death" strategy hit a snag since Cress healed it. Lillipup still died, though. Now, Pansage vs. Panpour. Overleveled Panpour, but I have the type advantage so this battle is mine. Cress uses Water Gun first
turn like a moron...and second turn. Pretty much, it ALMOST killed Pansage due to a critical Water Gun 4th turn, but I got lucky and finished the job with a Scratch. Epic win. After owning Cress, I get the Trio Badge. Awesome. After that, I get TM 83, which is useless in my opinion.
Time to go heal.

Episode 2-3
Here Comes Team Plasma!
Spoiler:

After leaving the Striaton Gym, this person named Fennel who needed to give me something from Professer Juniper. I get HM 1 from Fennel. Now I have to go back to the Dreamyard to go get some Dream Mist from a Munna. Although, once I get deeper into the Dreamyard, I encounter
two Team Plasma grunts. After some diologue, I have to battle both of them one at a time. Awesome battle music <3. The usual strategy against a Patrat and a Purrloin. After two straight battles, Ghetsis appeared out of nowhere...well, two of them...then one again. No, it was a Musharna fantasy. Munna leaves behind some Dream Mist, and I'm done here. A bit of grinding, then it's back to Striaton City. Healing again, then it's time to go see Fennel again. I get a C-Gear that is totally useless in this run, so I'll keep it off. Anyway, off to Route 3, where I will end this for now since I have school tomorrow.

Team Blissy

Blaze II (Tepig) Lv. 15 @ Nothing
Moves: Tackle, Defense Curl, Ember, Flame Charge

HM Slaves: Pansage

Unusable Pokemon
Spoiler:

Snivy
Oshawott
Purrloin
Patrat
Lillipup
Panpour

Luvdisc Solo x4
Furret Solo - Silver 0/8
Old February 27th, 2012, 07:32 AM
tente2
"Outta my way, dammit!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdthebud View Post
hey man, you really need to put your updates in spoiler tags rather than quote tags, otherwise the post is REALLY long and stretches the page. Ober did that too, by the way, but he saw the light...
Is that better? ;)

And I think I know what my new team member will be... MUAHAHAHAHA *evil jazz hands*

Quote:
3.You can only trade for the purpose of evolution.
*raises hand* Question, I'm not entirely sure how trading with emulators works yet (I *think* there are patchs out there that do that but I'm not sure if I would really want to go ahead and download something like that yet) so could we hack trade evolutions?

I think, for Pokemon that evolve with trading + an item, they could evolve by using the item on them (similarily to the evolution stones and such) but I don't really know how you could establish there being a way to "fairly" evolve Graveler, Haunter, Kadabra or Machoke :/

Last edited by tente2; February 27th, 2012 at 08:20 AM.
Old March 4th, 2012, 06:28 AM
KoboraX

Episode 3 - So Much Plasma!

One badge so far. Not even close to eight badges, but there was the first battling encounter with Team Plasma. Time to keep going.

Episode 3-1
Round 3 with Cheren

Spoiler:

Route 3 time. Anyway, right off the bat is the introduction of double battles. Pretty much like in Generations 3 and 4. Although, a bit further, there's Cheren...again. Another battle, same pokemon, nothing we did not see yet. Although, after the battle, Team Plasma rushes by, and Bianca comes after with a young girl. Seems like Team Plasma took the girl's pokemon, so it's up to me and Cheren to go deal with Team Plasma. It's Patrat central with Team Plasma today, but spamming Flame Charge worked well. Anyway, Team Plasma got raped, so there's no more buisiness left with them. Onward to Nacrene City!

Episode 3-2
The Road to Nacrene City

Spoiler:

Now that Team Plasma was taken care of, it's time to head for Nacrene City, but on the way there, I get interupted by the girl who got her pokemon stolen so she would give me three Heal Balls. Useless items. Oh well. Heal, then I'm on the road again. Although, in a battle, I encounter a Blitzle. First Electric type off the list. Wonderful. Flame Charge spamming as always. After a bit of walking, Cheren interupts me to ramble on about dark grass. More battles. A Woobat goes off the list. I might get one as a Fly slave, though. Nothing against using HM slaves. After that, Blaze II evolves into a Pignite. Awesome. Last trainer shows off Pidove, an ideal HM slave, and Roggenrola, a very annoying Rock type. Easy battle in the end. On to Nacrene.

Episode 3-3
N, Nacrene Gym, and Gym Leader Lenora!

Spoiler:

When I reach Nacrene, Cheren gives me three Chesto Berries. Heal, then off to Pinwheel Forest to get the Rock Smash TM. Offscreen, I caught a Pidove as a Fly slave. Yay. Anyway, onward to the Nacrene Gym. Although, guess what green haired, annoying basterd appears again. You guessed it. N...again. This time he ditched Purrloin for a party of three. First off, Pidove. Already off the list, so it isn't important. Flame Charge to death. Although, now we have the introduction of Tympole, one of those "I'm gonna be really pissed off at this thing later on in the game" pokemon. Arm Thrust to death. Timburr = No threat at all. Easy battle. After the battle, N thinks he needs Reshiram. What a nub. Oh well, time to go battle Lenora. Meet a guy named Hawes, like from the anime. Short little tour of this small museum, then to the gym, Normal type central. Blaze II easily destroys the place. Although, while going around, I encounter a Herdier. Arm Thrust to death. More books, one more battle, then Lenora. Save, then it's on. This is gonna be a short one. Herdier's Intimidate screws me for a bit, but I still killed it. Watchog is annoying. End of discussion. Although, Blaze II is a killing machine. He won't die so easily. Although, Hypnosis is annoying. Lucky I have items. When I finally get to attack, Watchog tastes a critical, one shot Flame Charge. Epic win. After getting the Basic Badge, Hawes dashes in with bad news. Team Plasma again. Time to go take care of the case. Upon returning to the museum part of the museum, Team Plasma seems to want the Dragonite Skull. Wierdos. Although, next time, we'll take care of this.

Team Blissy

Blaze II (Pignite) Lv. 21 @ Nothing
Moves: Tackle, Arm Thrust, Smog, Flame Charge

HM Slaves: Pansage (Cut)

Pidove (Fly)

Unusable Pokemon

Spoiler:

Snivy
Oshawott
Purrloin
Patrat
Lillipup
Panpour
Blitzle
Woobat
Pidove
Roggenrola
Tympole
Timburr
Herdier

Luvdisc Solo x4
Furret Solo - Silver 0/8
Old March 5th, 2012, 01:18 PM
tente2
"Outta my way, dammit!"

Finally somebody else posts here. I prepared this update like four days ago but nobody was posting and I didn't want to update my own post because that's losing a potential post for my post count.

EDIT: *Finally* uploaded the screenies.

Quote:
Spoiler:

Ya think?!?!?!

I had to backtrack a bit to find my new party member, but I stole the bike from the bike shop I was supposed to be "advertising" and that I was "loaned" (even though I'm never giving the thing back) to make the trip easier. I also got TM05 from the Roar dude, which I had missed on my first time.

I decided to do a Ruins of Alph puzzle while I was so nearby, since I had ignored them the first time I came through these parts.

I went back to Route 32 and ran, attacking wildlife left and right, until another Bellsprout appeared. I caught it...

Tada! Yeah, Onix. Not the best Pokemon in the world, but it's got amazing defence so it's just what I need.

...Or what I thought I needed. Apparently, Geodude is actually, in my humble opinion, a better Pokemon than Onix. It's still got decent defense, but better attack and a more diverse movepool. Who woulda thought? Oh well, I can easily buy back the three Pokeballs it took me to catch another Bellsprout.

Went back to Union Cave (I had to, so I could go back to Goldenrod anyway) and caught myself a Geodude! Yay! Named it Taupe.

Taupe is most definetely a temporary party member, since I'm only really using it for Whitney. The Onix, on the other hand, may live in my PC for now, but I think I may actually consider using Steelix later on, after I beat Jasmine. I'd rather use Scizor, but I'm not sure if I'm encountering any of those any time soon. :/

At first, while I was grinding, I obviously had to run away from Bellsprout, because Taupe didn't stand a chance at all. However, after learning Rock Throw at Lv. 11, Taupe actually 1HKOed a Bellsprout himself.

Whilst grinding, I encountered an Abra! I was actually a little psyched when...I checked my "Pokemon I've seen" list and...it wasn't there... ;~; (Get the unintentional pun? "Psyched"?)

Taupe was Lv. 17 when I finally thought I was ready for Whitney...a little underleveled, but I was feeling risky.

I finally checked out the Department Store. They actually had all the Elemental Punch TMs, and I thought those would be cool for Taupe to have, but I blew all my money on Revives and Super Potions (looking back, I should've gotten Lemonades instead). Besides, I wasn't even sure if Taupe could learn those TMs, and I was too lazy to check anyway.

The battle with Whitney starts. Since Clefairy isn't really able to touch me that much (just Double Slap and Metrenome) I decided to set up some Defense Curls while I was fighting it, so Miltank's blows wouldn't hurt as much.

Clefairy spammed Metrenome and Double Slap during the entire fight. Double Slap did 1 damage each, and even though she got some pretty good combos (a lot of 4s and 5s), obviously Double Slap was a joke. As for Metrenome, in the beginning she got lame moves like Razor Wind (which cost her a turn and did practically nothing) and Softboiled (when her HP was full, since I was still setting up Defense Curl). However, she actually pulled of Whirlpool near the end of the fight. I was scared, but believe it or not, Taupe actually pulled through for me and didn't faint. (He didn't even go to red!) Maybe I've been really underestimating Taupe.

I think I'm starting to like Geodude more and more. Maybe I'll actually keep it after beating Whitney.

Miltank did not go down without a fight, but I feel like the roles were greatly reversed. While in my other Crystal save files, where Miltank was both sweeping and tanking, and I had to cling onto every last resource I could find to survive--spare potions, status inflictions, switching to HM slaves to Revive--etc etc--this time, it was like Whitney and her Miltank were doing whatever they could to stay alive. Rollout barely did anything to me (the most devastating hit was obviously the fifth one, but even then, it only did a chunk of my HP I could easily heal with Super Potions) and even when she did Milk Drink, I wasn't discouraged--in the past, when she used that move, it felt like all my hard work was gone, but this time I viewed it as simply a couple turns or so lost. Although I was far from sweeping and I did have to whittle her down, I never had to switch out to another Pokemon during this fight. I'm incredibly proud of myself.

You BETTER sob!

For beating her, I got TM45 Attract. It reminded me that I had TMs (sometimes I forget there are a couple useful ones) so I taught Bleu de France Mudslap, since he didn't have any Ground-type moves.

Using the money I got from her, I bought TM48, Fire Punch, the only one Taupe can learn. (I checked!) Not only does it help him stand up against Grass types, which he's 4x weak to, but the ENTIRE Ecruteak Gym is weak to Fire, AND I don't have a Fire-type yet, so this will help me get by in the meantime.

Decided to let yet another adult (who also is a complete stranger) use me as their unpaid servant because apparently in Kanto, child labor laws don't exist.

I didn't really feel like getting Dream Eater right now, mainly because I have no Pokemon to teach it to anyway, so I decided to not do that sidequest for now.

Firebreather Walt used Magmar, and since it's coming up pretty soon in Burnt Tower, that actually seems interesting. I checked it's stats and it seems like a decent mixed attacker.

Psychic Mark used Abra AND Kadabra, which is looking like a really good option for a special attacker. The other one is Gastly, Haunter and Gengar, another great special attacker line. But I'll make that desicion on another day, not now.

Got the Quick Claw from the teacher in the National Park. I looked through the speed stats of all my Pokemon and ended up giving it to Bleu de France, a small surprise. I actually though Taupe was going to be the slowest.

I decided NOT to fight the trainers in the grass, for now a least, since I don't need the EXP right now--but I might need it later.

I decided to end this update in front of Sudowoodo. I know this was an incredibly short update :/

Da Slaves

Spoiler:
-Cyndaquil
-Rattata
-Pidgey
-Caterpie
-Weedle
-Bellsprout
-Hoothoot
-Spearow
-Pidgeotto
-Zubat
-Nidoran Female
-Nidoran Male
-Magikarp
-Wooper
-Poliwag
-Goldeen
-Slowpoke
-Geodude
-Koffing
-Onix
-Vulpix
-Machop
-Ekans
-Quilava
-Ledyba
-Spinarak
-Paras
-Beedrill
-Kakuna
-Metapod
-Scyther
-Sandshrew
-Snubull
-Hoppip
-Bulbasaur
-Mankey
-Diglett
-Psyduck
-Sentret
-Meowth
-Jigglypuff
-Clefairy
-Miltank
-Voltorb
-Magmar
-Venonat
-Tangela

Last edited by tente2; March 9th, 2012 at 09:47 AM.
Old March 5th, 2012, 07:01 PM
KoboraX

Episode 3.5 - This is pretty much a solo run at this point...
How far have I gone using just my starter? Pretty much this whole run so far. I really hope I get a new party member eventually. Sooner than I expect.
Episode 3.5-1
FINALLY! A new party member at last!
[SPOILER]Ok, time to go hunt down Team Plasma. Although, upon leaving, some guy comes over. He's Castelia City's Gym Leader. Right after that, Bianca and Cheren come over. Stalkers. Anyway, I get a Dowsing Machine, a very useful item for once. Anyway, useless talking, on to Pinwheel Forest, BUT, I need to go catch something for an in-game trade. Yup, you guessed it, a Petilil. Thing is, I had to fight off two Sewaddle in a double battle, then a Sandile off a Team Plasma guy before getting to a Petilil. After catching one, I dash back to Nacrene for a trade for a Cottonee.

*one trade later*

ghhfhfhghf! Prankster FTW! I'm gonna cut this short to grind Fluffee up to par with Blaze II.[/SPOILER]

Team Blissy

Blaze II (Pignite) Lv. 22 @ Nothing
Ability: Blaze
Moves: Tackle, Arm Thrust, Smog, Flame Charge

Fluffee (Cottonee) Lv. 15 @ Cheri Berry
Nature: Modest
Ability: Prankster
Moves: Growth, Leech Seed, Stun Spore, Mega Drain

HM Slaves: Pansage (Cut)
Pidove (Fly)

Unusable Pokemon

Spoiler:

Snivy
Oshawott
Purrloin
Patrat
Lillipup
Panpour
Blitzle
Woobat
Pidove
Roggenrola
Tympole
Timburr
Herdier
Watchog
Sewaddle
Sandile

Luvdisc Solo x4
Furret Solo - Silver 0/8
Old April 4th, 2012, 09:27 AM
tente2
"Outta my way, dammit!"

Just so you know, I'm on my way to face Chuck. I'm going to post the update once I beat Jasmine.

And I have a few questions about Reverse Mode: (For when, or if, I do one)

1. If I see the evolved form of a Pokemon, but I don't see one of it's pre-evolutions, can I use it's pre-evolution, on the basis I never evolve it? (i.e: I've seen Musharna, but I haven't seen Munna)

2. If I see the pre-evolution of a Pokemon, but I don't see one of it's evolutions, and it just so happens you are able to catch the evolution of that Pokemon in the wild/in a trade/in some other event, can I use the evolved form of that Pokemon?

Basically I want to know if simply seeing a Pokemon rules out it's entire evolutionary family, or if it only rules out itself.
Old April 8th, 2012, 07:53 PM
TheAgentBrandon
Togepi

Nature: Timid
Username: TheAgentBrandon
Game: Pokemon Yellow
Old April 15th, 2012, 11:39 AM
tente2
"Outta my way, dammit!"

I'm up to Jasmine! ^o^

...And it only took forever. ;~;

Just text for now, I gotta go right now but I'll edit this post later.

EDIT: Don't ask why it took so long. :P In unrelated news, I'm up to the Mahogany Gym. I'll probably post the next update once I beat Clair.

Quote:
Spoiler:

I am not complaining.

Caught the Sudowoodo and named it Burgundy. I haven't seen it yet so obviously I won't be able to use it, but to my knowledge, you can never catch another Sudowoodo if you flee/faint this one, so to be 100% sure, I caught it. If I see it being used by another trainer relatively soon, I *may* consider it, since it has a semi-diverse movepool.

I switched Magnolia to the front of the party so she could gain some extra experience on Route 37. I plan for her to be (one of) my main Pokémon during the Ecruteak Gym, due to her immunity to Shadow Ball and Lick, while still being able to dish out damage with Gust.

I went to the Ecruteak Pokemon Center to see Bill, so I could meet him back at Goldenrod. I also deposited Taupe--I made up my mind his sole use was for Whitney, and that he is no longer useful to me. He will always be remembered as being the one who took the challenge out of Whitney though.

Whatever you want to hear, buddy.

I went back to Goldenrod and got an Eevee, my next party member! I named it Ebony, which makes it pretty obvious what I'm evolving it into. HOWEVER, I still haven't seen an Eevee in battle yet, so I'm not going to be able to use it *quite* yet.

There are still some preperations I can make right now though.

I decided to grind Bleu de France for a bit since I realized he was seriously falling behind in terms of levels. I made sure to stop the evolution process whenever he grew a level.

At level 21, Bleu de France learned Amnesia. I dumped Tail Whip for that in a heart beat.

Bleu de France caught up with Magnolia, at Lv 23.

That left me with Honeydew, which sometimes I forget I actually still have.
I put Honeydew at the front of the party.

Anyway, after that, I stopped by the Department Store to blow all my money on Great Balls. While I was grinding, I was also looking for a...certain...Pokemon, and after taking forever to find one, I ran out of Pokeballs during the fight.

I also stopped by Azelea to steal take my Pokeball from Kurt and force him to make another one out of the Apricorns I've picked up along my journey for no money.

It took me forever, but I finally caught a Ditto! Yay!! I named it Beige.

...And for what, you may ask?

Well, I have fooled you all.

MUAHAHAHAHA!

I am NOT evolving Ebony into an Umbreon, because I am not using Ebony at all! I am going to use a different eeveelution, but I want to breed for the following reasons:

1. Pokemon that hatch from eggs start out with a happiness value of 120 instead of 70 (Yes, it's going to be a happiness-based eeveelution *hint hint*)

2. There are some moves that I want to get from before Lv. 20, at least temporarily.

3. I don't get any happiness for the 15 other levels Eeevee automatically is, which is a rip-off. I could've gotten some nice happiness points for each of those levels. which is why I'm breeding, so I start back at Lv. 5.

A pile of DNA-copying purple goop...yup, he/she/it's perfect for you.

In the meantime, I decided to take on the Kimono Girls. Since, after all, I do need to battle them to add all the eeveelutions to my arsenal. Plus, I could get Surf for Bleu de France a little early. That might make him useful in the Ecruteak Gym.

By an act of small luck, I chose Kimono Girl Sayo as my first target--who was the one that had the Espeon.

Hurrah! This way, I don't have to battle the other Kimono Girls immeadietly. I can save them as experience for my new Eevee.

Beige and Ebony took a LONG time to breed. I was so bored waiting, I took my eggs out of my PC and proceeded to hatch them.

The first one that came out of it's egg was Togepi, which figures since it was the egg I obtained. I haven't even seen a Togepi in battle yet, so there's nothing to discuss here.

The second hatch was Magby, and I was so overjoyed! I was considering getting a Magmar, and now I don't even have to waste a Pokeball to catch one! I named it Amaranth.

Amaranth started out with Ember and Dizzy Punch.

Dizzy Punch is a great move, but Ember isn't so hot (get it? :3) and I wanted a better STAB move, so I dropped by the Department Store to pick up TM48 Fire Punch.

...But I was broke, so I didn't get TM48 yet.

After this extroardinary event, I went back to the Daycare and Beige and Ebony had FINALLY finished. Two new party members in less that a minute!

I decided to go back to Azelea and get a Charcoal for Amaranth. The trip there provided a couple extra levels too.

I am so thankful that in the town of Azelea, people are stupid enough to give away $9800 worth items for free.

I grinded to Lv 18, until I decided I was ready to take on the National Park trainers for money.

Amaranth actually learns Fire Punch by level-up at Lv 19, as I soon learned. It's more money in my pocket, so I'm not complaining. The Goldenrod Department Store probably is, though.

PokéFan William had Raichu, which sounded like an interesting Pokemon to use. However, apparently, unless I had hatched the Egg into a Pichu (which I didn't), I'm not getting a Pikachu until Route 2 in Kanto, which is WAY too late for my standards.

Anyway, I did the little quiz in the Radio Tower and got my Radio Card. I was bored trying to hatch my Eevee, and I believe it's required anyway.

I also got a Blue Card, even though I don't believe that's required.

Finally, after all my errands, Eevee came out of it's egg. I named it Magenta.

I did my grinding in the Ilex Forest, since the Kakunas and Metapods in there don't even really do anything and the other Pokemon, (except for maybe Pidgey) aren't really a threat.

Arnie very conveniently requested a rematch so I kindly beated him up (although I had to waste a few Potions in the process, it's nice to know Magenta can stand up to something 4 levels above it).

Once Magenta was Lv. 13, I brought her down to the Underground, a) To get more money so I could buy some Vitamins b)To clear the way for the Haircut Brothers. Liz also called me, so I went back to Route 32 to fight her (the extra steps amount to extra happiness :P). While I was there, I decided to get TM Nightmare from the fat guy, since I was so close anyway.

I challenged the rest of the Kimono Girls for the EXP (which translates to a levelup, and that translates to happiness) with Magenta, and got HM03 Surf, which I taught to Bleu de France.

I bought a Calcium for Magenta. Not only will it be useful to her (and her special attacker purposes), but Vitamins also raize happiness ^o^

I began grinding on Route 38.

After all that, Magenta FINALLY got the happiness lady to cough up the saying, "I really get the feeling it trusts you". At least now I know I'm close.

...And then, while I was grinding Amaranth, a Miltank showed up.

I've already seen Miltank being used by Whitney, and since it doesn't evolve, I don't have to worry about that. What's more, even though it will share a weakness against Fighting like Magnolia, I always have Magenta to counter that and Magnolia is more of a speedy sweeper, while Miltank is a (speedy) tank.

Miltank is certainly comfortable about it's weight... X3

So yes, I caught it. (Actually, the first one fainted due to poison and the next one I encountered, I accidentally fainted because I was just spamming the A button while holding the Speed button, but I caught the third one I encountered.) I named her Cerise.

I grinded Magnolia for a bit, then I continued to grind Magenta.

...And then, at Lv. 28, Magenta finally evolved!

*happy tears* I expected this to happen WAY earlier, like at Lv. 12 or something, but apparently things didn't work out that way XD

Now that I got Magenta's evolution out of the way, it was time to grind Cerise, since she was SERIOUSLY behind. I used TM04 Rollout on her; even though she learns it via level-up, I'm never going to use it on another Pokémon anyway, so I might as well give it the move early.

I ground up Cerise until she was Lv. 24. At that point, I decided it was time we got the Burnt Tower over and done with already.

...But then I realized that I needed to buy some Repels and TM08 Rock Smash. I went back to Route 36 for that, and talked to the fat guy.

Grass in Goldenrod?!!??!?!?! WHAT KIND OF MADNESS IS THIS?!?!?!?!

After I realized Ecruteak City didn't have any repels, I went back to the Goldenrod Department Store. They thankfully had Repels...(I would've preferred Super Repels, but it's still a repel)

...When I realized I was dirt poor. D:<

Anyway, I went back to the Burnt Tower, and got ready to once again face my rival...

Great conversation there, buddy.

I started out with Cerise. And he starts out with a Haunter. I was wondering if he had any offensive moves that weren't Ghost-type (because I had Rollout) so I kept Cerise out there. I began Rollout, and took a adequate amount of HP off him with the first turn of Rollout. Apparently Haunter isn't very defensive.

And his Haunter, quite stupidly, used Curse, which took away half of his HP, leaving him close to red.

All it took was another Rollout to send him to Lala Land--and I switched out immeadietly after that, meaning I didn't even take any damage from Curse!

Next came Magemite, and I switched to Bleu de France.

I thought I practically had this in the bag. However, then he used Confuse Ray, which killed the thought I was having earlier about Bleu de France taking down the rest of his Pokemon. I took damage from confusion that turn. The next turn I used Mud Slap, which Magnemite survived, but just barely.

Then he used Sonic Boom again, and got me into the yellow zone. I took damage from confusion, and ended up with 2HP left. I switched out to Amaranth, since he also has a type advantage against Magnemite.

The next Pokémon he sent out was Zubat, so I decided to stay with Amaranth to keep the type advantage.

(Even though I didn't really need it.) I used my first two turns healing Bleu de France (in anticipation of his starter). Thankfully he missed with Confuse Ray on the first turn, although he did succeed on the second turn :/

I decided not to risk it, so I switched to Magnolia and made easy pickings of Zubat.

Then came Quilava, and I sent out Bleu de France.

Here's how it played out:-Enemy QUILAVA used LEER!
-BleuFrance's DEFENSE fell!
-BleuFrance used SURF!
-It's super-effective!
-Enemy QUILAVA used QUICK ATTACK!
-BleuFrance used SURF!
-It's super-effective!
-Enemy QUILAVA fainted!

And that is the tale of how Bleu de France beat Banana. :O

While in the Burnt Tower, I taught Cerise Rock Smash over Defense Curl. I would've rather taught it to Jade but she couldn't learn it :/

Anyway, onto Ecruteak Gym! I'll be using Cerise, Magnolia and Amaranth mainly for this fight, but I'll try to sneak in Honeydew some usage too.

As I predicted, a lot of the trainers KOed themselves using Curse, and the rest wasted their turns on Mean Look. Some even did both. *facepalm*

My first atempt to use Honeydew was an utter failure, due to paralysis. I was doing minute damage with Vine Whip, so I decided to set up a few Growths, but she used Lick and paralyzed me, and somehow I seemed to be "unable to move due to paralysis" each turn, not to mention she had gotten Curse set up, in addition to Mean Look. It turned out to be the one and only time that combo was ever useful. What a wonderful omen.

At Lv. 26 Cerise learned Bide, and I taught it over Rock Smash. I think I might buy Rock Smash at the Goldenrod Department Store later anyway, since I don't really want Rock Smash on Cerise.

Alright, now it's Morty time!

First he sends out Gastly. I sent out Cerise. I use Rollout. He uses Curse. He faints. I switch to Magnolia to get rid of the Curse. He sends out Haunter. I use Gust. He uses Curse. He faints. I switch out back to Cerise. He sends out Gengar.

Not a very exciting match up to this point is it? Well, it gets better.

Gengar turns out to actually have a semi-decent moveset, talking out Cerise and Amaranth rather effortlessly with a Hypnosis/Dream Eater combo. When Magnolia came out, she too fell to Hypnosis, but she actually survived his Dream Eater, so kudos to her.

She managed to actually set up all six Sand-Attacks, so I knew Gengar wasn't really a threat at this point.

I beat him with Gust, and then easily took out his remaining Haunter, netting me the Fog Badge.

AND TM30 Shadow Ball, which I taught to Magenta for some moveset variety. Yes, it's a Physical move in this game and Espeon is a Specially based Pokémon, but it can lower Sp. Def. Besides, if Magenta was for whatever reason stuck against a Special wall, Shadow Ball would come in handy. And diversity is always nice.

Arnie called me in the Pokemon Center, and since I was close, I decided to rematch him for the EXP.

I beat up the rest of the trainers on Route 38, and got all the items.

I fed a Berry to the sick Miltank at the Moo Moo Farm, and then made my way to Olivine.

I began climbing the Lighthouse, so I wouldn't have to deal with these pesky trainers later.

Afterwards, I checked out the Battle Tower just for fun, but I didn't do any battles.

After that, I began my journey on Route 40. I switched Honeydew to the front of the party and destroyed all the Swimmers. Getting to Cianwood was a peace of cake.

In Cianwood I faced Eusine after another encounter with Suicine. It's on! /game face

Eusine was quite easy.

Tell me something I don't know.

I picked up the Secret Potion at the Pharmacy. That meant there was only one more thing left to do in Cianwood...

For the Cianwood Gym I got Magenta out of the PC, and in addition I taught Cerise Strengh over Stomp. I put Magnolia up first with Magenta second.

I actually forgot about Magnolia's weakness to Fighting...she went down in her first battle. :P

Magenta, on the other hand, proved to be quite useful, despite my prediction she would be frail.

Maybe it had to do with how she was so fast, she could take things out before she got hit?

Now it was time for Chuck. Against his Primeape, I sent out Magnolia. Magnolia used two Gusts and Primeape was down...and I didn't even take any damage! Same thing happened with Poliwrath really--I did take damage and my health bar went down to yellow, but all it took was repeated Gusts to bring down Chuck, gym leader of Cianwood.

What a disappointment. :P

With Fly in my hands...well, I didn't go back to Olivine just yet. Instead, I made trips back to Ecruteak and Azelea to try out my new HM on some boulders.

I taught Fly over Tackle.

First destination was Slowpoke Well. I got the King's Rock and TM18.

While I was still in Azelea, I dropped by Kurt's place and got my Lure Ball(s) back. Then I gave him 3 Red Apricorns for the next time I dropped by.

Next, I went to Union Cave. I beat up two Hikers and then ended up in the Ruins of Alph.

I did another two puzzles and then left.

Next destination was the Burnt Tower. Within it, I obtained TM20.

All that over and done with, it was time to face Jasmine.

I put Bleu de France up front to deal with the Magnemites, and then I planned to use Amaranth for Steelix.

I went up the Lighthouse for the second time to break it to her that her Pokemon was going to die heal her Amphy.

Magnemite went down fairly easy.

Surprisingly, Jasmine sent out Steelix second...not like it matters anyway. Amaranth came out and...Performed one Fire Punch, then fainted.

Beautiful. Anyway, I tossed out Cerise to use Bide.

It was either Cerise or Magenta, but I doubted Magenta would be able to take more than one hit so Cerise it was. Steelix used one Iron Tail and then missed on the second turn. On the third turn, she used a Full Restore. (Or a Hyper Potion or something, I forget.) On that same turn, Cerise let out her Bide and brought Steelix all the way down to red. I sort of Milk Drink stalled at that point, until Milk Drink ran out of PP. I kept hoping Iron Tail would miss at one point, but it never did. What he did do, other than Iron Tail, was use one Screech on me--while I used Strengh. On the next turn, his Iron Tail dragged me all the way down to red, so the fight was getting intense. However, my Strengh finished him off.

Then Bleu de France came out and finished Magnemite.

...And then Bleu de France accidentally evolved.

Wonderful.

As you all should know, this has happened lots of times before. But although I could quite easily beat Jasmine again (none of the Gym Leaders have ever been a real challenge so far) I didn't really feel like it, so I dumped him in the PC. For now.

Anyway, that's it for this update! :D Three gyms in one update!

...Which does not even begin to make up for the amount of time it took to make it. D:

Da Slaves

The Team:
Remember that Bleu de France isn't here because he's a Quagsire now and I have to wait until I see another Quagsire :P

And me:

Spoiler:

-Cyndaquil
-Rattata
-Pidgey
-Caterpie
-Weedle
-Bellsprout
-Hoothoot
-Spearow
-Pidgeotto
-Zubat
-Nidoran Female
-Nidoran Male
-Magikarp
-Wooper
-Poliwag
-Goldeen
-Slowpoke
-Geodude
-Koffing
-Onix
-Vulpix
-Machop
-Ekans
-Quilava
-Ledyba
-Spinarak
-Paras
-Beedrill
-Kakuna
-Metapod
-Scyther
-Sandshrew
-Snubull
-Hoppip
-Bulbasaur
-Mankey
-Diglett
-Psyduck
-Sentret
-Meowth
-Jigglypuff
-Clefairy
-Miltank
-Voltorb
-Magmar
-Venonat
-Tangela
-Drowzee
-Espeon
-Oddish
-Voltorb
-Raichu
-Lickitung
-Magnemite
-Cubone
-Flareon
-Umbreon
-Vaporeon
-Jolteon
-Skiploom
-Doduo
-Flaaffy
-Mr. Mime
-Corsola
-Noctowl
-Poliwhirl
-Growlithe
-Electrode
-Girafarig

Last edited by tente2; June 3rd, 2012 at 01:03 PM.
Old April 17th, 2012, 05:19 PM
cyndaqwilfish:)
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Mild
Awesome my first challenge!
Username: Elliot
Game: Leafgreen
Mode:normal
I'm interested to see how this plays out!
Old June 3rd, 2012, 12:53 PM
tente2
"Outta my way, dammit!"

So anyway I think I'll officially post this update when I beat Clair, but just so you guys know I'm still here, here's a screenie of me beating Pryce:

Sponsored Links