The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio > Sideshow Showcase

Notices

Sideshow Showcase The place to show side-projects that you're working on, for the small yet still big things you want to do, such as translation patches, "386" patches, and anything small like that.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

View Poll Results: Hack save routine for extra saveable space? Would break compatibility with flashcarts
Yes 16 21.05%
Yes - But have 2 patches. 1 with, 1 without. 56 73.68%
No 4 5.26%
Voters: 76. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old April 10th, 2012 (05:01 PM).
NarutoActor
The rocks cry out to me
Community Supporter

Nature: Bashful
Send a message via AIM to NarutoActor Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to NarutoActor
Wow, nice stuff Jambo, it's really cool seeing updates, as it is so existing seeing such a wonderful hack coming into fruition. I'm glad you were able to fix the shaymin bug; I wish you the best of luck on this, and look forward for the full release of the hack. :D
Old April 10th, 2012 (06:49 PM).
pineapple juice
Beginning Trainer

I'm in Cerulean city and have yet to encounter one of the new Pokemon. The Day/Night system works fine and I've found some new TMs, there a just a few graphical errors. Am I doing something wrong? Oh and why do a lot of Pokemon only know Transform?
Old April 11th, 2012 (12:09 PM).
jstolze

Quote:
Originally Posted by pineapple juice View Post
I'm in Cerulean city and have yet to encounter one of the new Pokemon. The Day/Night system works fine and I've found some new TMs, there a just a few graphical errors. Am I doing something wrong? Oh and why do a lot of Pokemon only know Transform?
It's because any pokemon past Raichu doesn't have a moveset. Not sure if about the new pokemon, though
Old April 11th, 2012 (12:36 PM).
hoboman24
Excadrill24

Nature: Adamant
I found a weird glitch after you talk to the old man, he keeps reappearing when I get into a wild pokemon battle.
Old April 11th, 2012 (12:52 PM). Edited April 14th, 2012 by Jambo51.
Jambo51
Glory To Arstotzka

Nature: Quiet
Quote:
Originally Posted by pineapple juice View Post
The person who replied to you was right. The Pokémon only know Transform because they use a placeholder moveset. Transform allows them to be at least vaguely dangerous. Also, I was studying transform and how it worked to see if I could gain some undertstanding of it.

None of the new Pokémon appear in the wild because THIS IS NOT A HACK. It is a ROM BASE for other people to base hacks on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoboman24 View Post
I found a weird glitch after you talk to the old man, he keeps reappearing when I get into a wild pokemon battle.
Cheers, Fixed now. Repatch to get the benefits of the bug fixes.

Edit to add: Does anyone have any screenshots, or a well worded account, of how U-turn and Volt Switch actually work in Generation 5?

What I mean is what happens when a wild Pokémon uses it? What happens when the switching part fails due to a lack of Pokémon in the player's party?
I'm genuinely confused as to how I should go about adding them!
Old April 14th, 2012 (06:21 PM). Edited April 15th, 2012 by DrFuji.
Liquid crystal fan

I'm so excited for this! Are you making good progress? Are you gonna have a triple battle feature too? Also will legendaries/special Pokemon be implemented in the story line?

Ohhhh.... I just read your previous reply lol. So how will you get Generation 5 Pokemon if this isn't a hack?
Old April 15th, 2012 (09:42 AM).
Chaos Rush
im sexy and i know it

Nature: Adamant
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquid crystal fan View Post
Ohhhh.... I just read your previous reply lol. So how will you get Generation 5 Pokemon if this isn't a hack?
You're still missing the point. This isn't something you're supposed to actually play, this is something that's intended for others to base their own hacks on.
Old April 15th, 2012 (01:18 PM). Edited April 15th, 2012 by Liquid crystal fan.
Liquid crystal fan

Oh wait I think I'm getting this... Lol. So what this is is a patch for FireRed that people will be able to use to put all the Pokemon in the game and cries more easily.

Lol cries as in Pokemon cries.
Old April 15th, 2012 (04:54 PM).
thegodslayer
Unhatched Egg

i love you!... also i hope to see this patch finished!!
Old April 16th, 2012 (06:56 AM).
farmerluk
Beginning Trainer

This is great. Sure it's got it's glitches, but it's useable.
Might spend a few days redoing movesets. Pretty much everything I wanted to add into my rom (short of Johto ) is in this, along with everything else xD
Old April 16th, 2012 (08:46 AM).
sky_queen3
Minusle Fangirl. ;)

Nature: Naive
Ok, about the 5th gen Pokemon, how do we make them appear? Unless I've missed something they don't appear in Advance Map to be added.
Old April 16th, 2012 (11:55 AM).
NarutoActor
The rocks cry out to me
Community Supporter

Nature: Bashful
Send a message via AIM to NarutoActor Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to NarutoActor
It's been said multiply times, hex edit the wild battle data. Each map has a pointer that can point to an area in the rom that deals with wild pokemon that apear. Each pokemon you chose in advance map, have a certin hex vaule, you need to change that vaule to one of the gen 4/5 pkmn values. :D
Old April 24th, 2012 (01:26 PM).
Jambo51
Glory To Arstotzka

I've been working away on Wild Double Battles for the last couple of days, and I achieved this today:

I managed to add a check to the ball catching routines which checks if it's a wild double battle, and if it is, it then checks if the Pokémon have fainted. If both Pokémon are still battling, it prints this message, just like in Gens 4 and 5! :D
Old April 24th, 2012 (09:02 PM).
SK3
Pokemon Hacking Company™ CEO

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to SK3
Just wanted to say I'm in love with this patch, it's so convenient! Thank you so much for taking the time out to do this haha. While I don't think I plan on completely using the 649 feature for my hack, the music hack with the 12 direct sounds works like a charm!
https://www.box.com/s/2b4735f1e358339205db

Do you plan on adding anything else music related to this patch or was the 12 DS instruments just a little gift?

Pokemon
Daydream White version

Want to help out? Just PM or VM me!

Old April 24th, 2012 (11:52 PM).
Jambo51
Glory To Arstotzka

Quote:
Originally Posted by SK3 View Post
Do you plan on adding anything else music related to this patch or was the 12 DS instruments just a little gift?
The patch doesn't have DS instruments.
The reason I included the 12 direct channels was a purely selfish one. I changed the link battle music to something more appropriate to the patch which needed the 12 channel hack to play.
Old April 25th, 2012 (02:39 PM).
SK3
Pokemon Hacking Company™ CEO

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to SK3
By DS instruments, I meant direct sound instruments. Sorry for the confusion xP

Pokemon
Daydream White version

Want to help out? Just PM or VM me!

Old April 26th, 2012 (08:17 AM).
LugiaMZ

After I patched,advance map wild pokemon did not appear gen 4/5 pokemon name...
How could I do?Can everyone help me?I think already have people post how to make the wild pokemon data,but please everyone quote me and post tutorial or what.Thanks.
Old May 1st, 2012 (07:53 AM).
Blue Stripe
Beginning Trainer

It might just be because my school's server sucks, but the download link is broken for me. Are there any mirrors?
Old May 2nd, 2012 (08:43 AM).
Jambo51
Glory To Arstotzka

No, there aren't any mirrors. Due to the nature of the beast, in that the link is to a constantly updated ips file, I can't provide a mirror link, as it would be outdated very quickly. You have to use the dropbox link which I provided to get the most up to date versions, it's not hosted anywhere else.
Old May 5th, 2012 (06:37 AM).
Aruaruu

This is great...I wish I could help somehow, but I don't know any scripting that well...

Anyway hope this gets complete
Old May 11th, 2012 (12:31 PM). Edited May 11th, 2012 by Jambo51.
Jambo51
Glory To Arstotzka

Excellent news, everyone! I managed to get a fully functional Regional Pokédex running on the 649 Patch. That's another thing that RSE had over FR gone! :D I tested everything I could think of, including seeing and catching a wild Pokémon, the checking of the Pokédex (for counting species caught, obviously).

However, should you download the patch, you will find the "regional" dex is still the Kanto Dex. What gives?

Well, I simply pointed the 2 tables (national and regional) to exactly the same table, in 2 different places. The table at 0x726120 is the National Dex Table. I wouldn't advise modifying this table, since it will also screw up the regional dex! The regional dex table is MUCH later in the ROM (I only just got it working after all! ). It's at 0x762BB4.

How it works (if you're not using PGE - if that's the case, you're mental! ), is that each Pokémon has a "slot" on the table. Bulbasaur being slot 0 etc. To assign a regional dex number to a Pokémon, you go to its slot on the table, and change it to where in your Pokédex you want it to appear. Couldn't be more simple than that, could it!? What I actually mean by this is, say, we wanted to assign Pikachu slot 50. For whatever reason. We would navigate to slot 25 (because that is Pikachu's in game index number) and change the value held there to 32 00. Understand? Bear in mind that it operates by INDEX number, not by National Dex Number, so you will need to cross reference the values with the stdpoke.rbh file I have uploaded as well.

To define the length of your actual Pokédex, simply modify the value stored at 0x763178. You have to set it to the length of your Pokédex - 1. That is, you would set the value to be FA 00 00 00 if you wanted 251 Pokémon, or 96 00 00 00 if you wanted 151.

One last note, I did NOT make the dex in such a way that it could support a slot 0, although it would be easy to add. So no Victini in slot 0 for you Unova remakers. Sorry!

The only thing it doesn't correctly do yet, is count your seen/caught totals correctly. I'll get that fixed in a few hours when I find the time.

Enjoy!
Old May 11th, 2012 (12:41 PM).
Alice
(>^.(>0.0)>
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to Alice
Dropbox link doesn't work for me. It opens another page with a bunch of random characters, and nothing happens.
Old May 11th, 2012 (12:50 PM).
Jambo51
Glory To Arstotzka

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuilavaKing View Post
Dropbox link doesn't work for me. It opens another page with a bunch of random characters, and nothing happens.
It works for me. I just tried it. Both the basic Alpha 3 ips and the Live Beta version of the ips. Try again? Maybe you happened to try downloading while I was applying an update. Otherwise, I can't really do anything, sorry.
Old May 11th, 2012 (01:02 PM).
Alice
(>^.(>0.0)>
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to Alice
I tried it on Chrome and it worked. Firefox doesn't for some reason.
Old May 11th, 2012 (02:45 PM).
Southueki
Writer

I can't wait to play a hack done with this patch

Sponsored Links