Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Fifth Generation
Notices

Fifth Generation Are Pokémon slaves to humans? Team Plasma thinks so. Travel the Unova region and prove them wrong in Black & White, and then return two years later in Black2 & White2.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old February 16th, 2012, 03:23 PM
Alpha King
Man's Best Friend
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Yahoo to Alpha King
Okay, so after I beat Burgh, I trained on the Desert Route and did all the Team Plasma stuff. After defeating N, I trained even more (I was quite under-leveled). Since Finnick had Rock Slide I easily defeated Elesa and got another badge woo! Before the drawbridge lowered, Finnick got to level 31 and evolved!!c:

Moved on to the drawbridge and caught a Ducklett named Mama (I don't know). Happy with my new addition to the team, I trained it and caught a load of Pokemon that I may consider adding as my 6th member. All the way from desert route, the list is: Scraggy, Yamask, Minccino, Gothita, Vanillite (♥), and Deerling. I gave none of them nicknames as I have no clue whether I want them or not. Anyways, after training up more, Derp evolved, and then came Clay. The victorious team is this...

Moving on, I got into Chargestone Cave and now was looking for a Tynamo. It took me fer.ev.er to find one, but I did at the end of the cave. Oh, yeah, while I was in there Mama and Cray evolved. I was a little too excited about that.. After catching a Tynamo and naming her Zappah, I went to the move relearner and taught my Derp Ice Fang. Now I'm training Zappah whilst deciding what Pokemon should be the last addition to my team.

Finnick lvl35; Zappah lvl29; Mama lvl36; Derp lvl35; Cray lvl38

So... Any suggestions for my last Pokemon on the team? There's so many to choose from, so anybody's ideas would be appreciated.. I'm thinking between some I've already caught and some I may catch.....
Scrafty, Confagrigus, Vanilluxe, Sawsbuck, Simisage, Beheeyem, Chandelure, Haxorus, Gothitelle, Golurk, Bisharp, Cinccino, Klinklang, Beartic, Accelgor..
Any suggestions welcome..
Til the next update, peace \m/

Last edited by Alpha King; February 16th, 2012 at 04:19 PM.
Old February 20th, 2012, 04:39 PM
Hikamaru
there is a truth
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
Did a few Trainer Battles and level grinding yesterday with two new evolutions:

My Murkrow evolved into Honchkrow with a Dusk Stone I found in the Chargestone Cave. She also learned Night Slash after evolving!

Also, my Dragonair who I had since she was a Dratini is now a mighty Dragonite plus she also learned Wing Attack!

Now I'm in Nimbasa City.
ホウエン地方

battle server | tumblr | profile | supporter
pairs | the welcome lounge | fairy-type club

Old February 22nd, 2012, 02:05 PM
TheNinjaJesus
Beginning Trainer

I just finished EV training my Gyarados (Horacio) in the hope of getting into competitive battles on-line! He is currently level 42, being trained on route 14!!! :D
Pokemon Black FC: 4470 0910 2444
Old February 22nd, 2012, 02:45 PM
Railgun
Ever Day Another New Adventure

Nature: Quiet
Send a message via Skype™ to Railgun
Going to try to get a Latios and Darkrai and take the Unova League on with them only.
Old February 28th, 2012, 07:27 AM
Shiny Dunsparce
SummerFeuer on P.G.L

Nature: Calm
Going to beat the Elite Four a 2nd time, here's my current White Team:

[All Female]
Samurott (Calypso)
Lv. 70
Moves:
Surf, Razor Shell, Hydro Pump, Hydro Cannon.

Volcarona (Fire Queen)
Lv. 70
Moves:
Bug Buzz, Heat Wave, Toxic, Overheat.

Zebstrika (Blitzkrieg)
Lv. 70
Moves:
Shock Wave, Wild Charge, Flame Charge, Discharge.

Krookodile (Sandy)
Lv. 70
Moves:
Crunch, Earthquake, Shadow Claw, Outrage.

Cinccino (Prinzessin)
Lv. 70
Moves:
Swift, Hyper Voice, Sing, Tail Slap.

Cherrim (Duchess)
Lv. 70
Moves:
Facade, Energy Ball, Solar Beam, Sunny Day.

"Sig & Ava made by me."
No longer offering services to make customized sigs/avas.

__________________Friend I.Ds__________________
2494-9332-2284 (SoulSilver)
(Black II)
3998-1066-9436 (White)
Old February 28th, 2012, 12:13 PM
Autobot Silverwynde
Automaton Protector

Nature: Naive
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeightyWillBill View Post
So... Any suggestions for my last Pokemon on the team? There's so many to choose from, so anybody's ideas would be appreciated.. I'm thinking between some I've already caught and some I may catch.....
Scrafty, Confagrigus, Vanilluxe, Sawsbuck, Simisage, Beheeyem, Chandelure, Haxorus, Gothitelle, Golurk, Bisharp, Cinccino, Klinklang, Beartic, Accelgor..
Any suggestions welcome..
Til the next update, peace \m/
Beheeyem is a good choice, as I have one on White and he's been extremely helpful. Bisharp's also good, but if you pick him, try grabbing one with Defiant as that Ability is awesome. But in all honesty, I'd go with Golurk myself. I have one on Black and White and the big fella is really useful. Riser's never let me down. Just make sure you let your Golett evolve at 45 and not 43--at 45 it'll learn Earthquake which is very handy.

Currently, I'm parked on Route 3, gathering Golett eggs. I'm on a shiny hunt right now; 2,200 eggs and still no shiny yet! I haven't done much game wise, but that will change as I start prepping for the eventual move to B2W2. (Wish me luck on that: I only have 66 shinies that I grabbed from the GTS to port over...!)

We've come a long, long way together,
Through the hard times and the good.
I have to celebrate you baby,
I have to praise you like I should.
Old February 29th, 2012, 05:57 PM
Hikamaru
there is a truth
Community Supporter

Autumn has begun in Unova and I have gone around collecting items in the Chargestone Cave, including a Water Stone, an Oval Stone and two Everstones.

I also battled the trainers in Nimbasa City's two stadiums.

My team is:

ホウエン地方

Old March 4th, 2012, 08:55 PM
Katero

I just beat the fourth gym and am taking the journey back to the Name Rater in Castelia City.
Go hit up my Tumblr: mucho-goodo
Spoiler:

Mage of Mind
Old March 5th, 2012, 02:20 PM
Glow Worm's Not Glowing
Not-So-Masterful

Just restarted White, so here goes. c:

Prof. Juniper asked my name and gender; answered Girl, Sarah.
Waited for Bianca and then picked Tepig.
Beat Cheren and Bianca, showing no mercy.
Gave my Tepig a nickname. She's now known as Debbie.

On Route 1, I caught a Lillipup named Oregano and a Patrat named Rita.
Did all the stuff Prof. wanted me to do, listened to the speech by Ghetsis, then beat N into submission.

Now I'm off to train, catch some more Pokes, then head off to the gym.

Tepig; Debbie. Lvl 8
Careful nature.
Atk: 17
Def: 13
Sp. Atk: 11
Sp. Def: 13
Spd: 13

Lillipup; Organo. Lvl 3
Quirky nature.
Atk: 9
Def: 8
Sp. Atk: 6
Sp. Def: 7
Spd: 9

Patrat; Rita. Lvl 4
Gentle nature.
Atk: 9
Def: 7
Sp. Atk: 8
Sp. Def: 8
Spd: 8

PKMN Trainer since '99

Last edited by Glow Worm's Not Glowing; March 6th, 2012 at 01:33 AM.
Old March 6th, 2012, 05:14 AM
Hikamaru
there is a truth
Community Supporter

Obtained myself a new Pokemon - a Solosis traded over from my brother's White.

I exchanged her for one of my unused Gothitas.

Here's her status:

Lv19
Female
Hasty nature
Magic Guard
Psychic, Hidden Power, Light Screen, Charm

Just taught her Psychic from the TM, I hope to raise her into a fine Reuniclus.
ホウエン地方

Old March 6th, 2012, 08:03 PM
Glow Worm's Not Glowing
Not-So-Masterful

As I continued to capture and grind my new Pokes, I got increasingly frustrated, so I decided to make babies in my Black game and trade them to White. Okay, continuing on with the Journal. c:

I beat Striaton Gym with my lvl 12 Pansage and my lvl 11 Tepig.

Traded Pansage, Tepig, Purrloin, Lillipup, Patrat, and Roggenrola for six little eggs. After a lot of walking, all six hatched, and after a LOT of grinding, they are all between lvl 5 & 10.

Tympole "Todd"
Lvl. 5
Hasty nature.

Atk: 11
Def: 9
Sp. Atk: 10
Sp. Def: 9
Spd: 12

Elgyem "Webster"
Lvl. 5
Relaxed nature.

Atk: 10
Def: 12
Sp. Atk: 14
Sp. Def: 11
Spd: 8

Heatmor "Darla"
Lvl. 6
Timid nature.

Atk: 15
Def: 14
Sp. Atk: 18
Sp. Def: 14
Spd: 15

Deino "Helen"
Lvl. 5
Serious nature.

Atk: 12
Def: 11
Sp. Atk: 9
Sp. Def: 10
Spd: 9

Tynamo "Daisy"
Lvl. 5
Sassy nature.

Atk: 10
Def: 9
Sp. Atk: 9
Sp. Def: 9
Spd: 10

Vullaby "Valerie"
Lvl. 9
Serious nature.

Atk: 17
Def: 21
Sp. Atk: 15
Sp. Def: 17
Spd: 17

I'm definitely gonna work on grinding them some more before heading off to the next town. I left quite a few trainers unbattled, so I'm gonna go back and fight them, then make my way to Nacrene City. I won't be catching/using any other Pokes until I capture any legendaries I come across.

PKMN Trainer since '99
Old March 6th, 2012, 08:11 PM
Hikamaru
there is a truth
Community Supporter

Since my last entry, I trained up the Solosis I got traded from my brother's White Version.

She evolved into Duosion after battling a few Audino.

Then I put an Exp. Share on her and evolved her into Reuniclus after my Chandelure defeated a trainer in one of Nimbasa City's stadiums.

My newly-evolved Reuniclus now knows Energy Ball, Trick Room, Psychic and Shadow Ball.
ホウエン地方

Old March 8th, 2012, 08:09 PM
Glow Worm's Not Glowing
Not-So-Masterful

I trained like crazy on Route 3 before annihilating ALL of Nacrene City gym with Helen, Webster, and Valerie with only Helen standing triumphant in the end. I battled all of the trainers and Team Plasmas in Pinwheel Forest, then made my way to Castelia City.

There, I beat all the trainers and the janitor in the battle building (I forgot its proper name) and got the Exp. Share. (I shift the Exp. Share between all my Pokes depending on who has the type advantage in the gym I'm currently challenging.) I got all the dancers together, receiving the Amulet Coin, got Flash from the dark shades dude, and beat the Team Plasma guys that were chilling across from the gym.

I beat Burgh with Darla and Valerie, Darla doing the most damage, of course. I beat both Cheren and Bianca without much difficulty, made my way across the desert, and am now currently in Nimbasa City, planning on doing some more training, then challenging the gym. I'll probably go to the Big Stadium and maybe participate in the Musical Theater. c:

Here's my team now;

Todd. Lvl 20.
Bubble, Bubblebeam, Mud Shot, Round
Ability: Hydration

Darla. Lvl 21.
Incinerate, Lick, Fire Spin, Fury Swipes
Ability: Flash Fire

Helen. Lvl 20.
DragonBreath, Dragon Rage, Headbutt, Bite
Ability: Hustle

Valerie. Lvl 19.
Gust, Leer, Fury Attack, Pluck
Ability: Big Pecks

Webster. Lvl 20.
Confusion, Psybeam, Heal Block, Headbutt
Ability: Telepathy

Daisy. Lvl 20.
Tackle, Thunder Wave, Spark, Charge Beam
Ability: Levitate

PKMN Trainer since '99
Old March 17th, 2012, 09:24 PM
TheLastAvenger
Beginning Trainer

Pokemon Black: Just finished off training my competitive team. The team consists of Scrafty, Chandelure, Vaporeon, Scizor, Venusaur, Salamence.

Pokemon White: Started a new game, defeated the first gym. My team right now only consists of Servine but I am hunting for a Drilbur.
Old March 18th, 2012, 02:36 AM
Skegs
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Adamant
So I started a new game in White. Chose Oshawott and named it Samo. Beat the first Gym, got my C-Gear, and beat Team Plasma twice. Still planning out what other Pokemon I should catch.
Team as of now:
Dewott (Samo) Lv. 18 (Hasty)
Old March 31st, 2012, 02:57 PM
Hikamaru
there is a truth
Community Supporter

Winter has begun in Unova, and my Sawsbuck is looking beautiful.

I battled some Trainers in the stadiums in Nimbasa City.

And I trained my Vanilluxe in the hail on Route 6.

Winter is the time I usually train my Ice-types and I plan to train more Ice-types later.
ホウエン地方

Old April 4th, 2012, 11:52 PM
Vodoun
Beginning Trainer

I derive the most amount of enjoyment from playing the Pokémon games by roleplaying, so when I log-in I am not trying to achieve any goals or reach the limitations of the game. I prefer to spend a lot of my time interacting with the game world; for example, I can walk around in a city and mimic the villagers movements and have a good time doing it.

So after I defeat the Elite Four, (which is really my characters main focus right now) I plan on slowly discovering the rest of the secrets of the world and spend more time with some of my earliest Pokémon, or the Pokémon that I haven't spent a lot of time with so far.

I'll most likely end up setting some simple goals for my Pokémon to give the more personality; for example: I caught a Herdier with my Masterball on a whim and named him Diamond - there isn't anything particularly special about him, but I know that I'd enjoy putting him in Pokémon shows, and even battling him on a very non-competative level.

I put a lot of thought into how I organize my Poké boxes, and try to create an environment where I believe my Pokémon will enjoy themselves and find more meaning in their lives.

I'll also work on capturing special Pokémon which exibit battle prowess, and since they'll be neither RNG'd or Hacked, there should be a unique quality to them, which I think will make them more enjoyable to use in battles.

I do all of this in light of my character's image though, and I wouldn't be doing it unless there was reasonable motivation for my character to do it; I find that playing outside of the context of the game, Pokémon ceases to be a story any longer, and instead becomes a competition.

Every once in awhile, I may visit that Waitress at the Ferris Wheel to have a nice chat, from girl to girl, and coming back to challenge the Elite Four will provide me with a lot of inspiration throughout my Black & White history, and probably my favorite thing to do is to stay at home in the room where I grew up.
Old April 6th, 2012, 12:14 PM
shinyunbreon
Beginning Trainer

im doing a nuzlock at the moment and my swoobat is kinda being a badass
Old April 13th, 2012, 08:12 PM
Hikamaru
there is a truth
Community Supporter

I did a few stuff on Black a few days back.

Caught myself a Wigglytuff on Route 14, female with Naive nature. Not too shabby.

And my Golbat evolved into Crobat as well.

Also, I trained some of my Pokemon and did some Battle Subway Multi Battles with Hilbert.

Finally, I picked up a Heart Scale yesterday in Driftveil City for showing my Gothitelle to the girl who wanted to see a Pokemon knowing Calm Mind. (My Gothitelle's moves are Psychic, Attract, Thunderbolt and Calm Mind)

Still more training to do...
ホウエン地方

Old April 13th, 2012, 09:39 PM
awolfsquared
Prattoween
Community Supporter

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Skype™ to awolfsquared
I haven't played my White much so the most recent thing I've done was the Great Egg Swap. So I spent days trading eggs and ended up with a Pawniard.

Before that, I went on the Royal Unova for the first time. I battled a few trainers there and leveled up the Mewtwo I got through Wi-Fi to 73. I also checked out the scenery and have to admit , it's very beautiful.

I'll probably be doing more since BW2 has got me excited to play Pokemon again.

Andy and April's Halloween party: "Someone will die" "...of fun!" "And of murder..."
DeviantArt | Tumblr | Art Gallery | Ask Me Stuff | Paired to

Old April 14th, 2012, 09:32 PM
SnowpointQuincy
Seeker of FRIEND CODES

Nature: Lonely
Ev Trained Mamoswine and Drapion. Both had egg moves. Icicle Drop, and Night Slash respectively.

Drapion was 1 point away from maximum speed. and 4 points away from maximum attack. and i only had to hatch 6 eggs to get him! Lucky bastard.

Mamoswine is 17 points from max attack, so i'm dissapointed. and 16 points from maximum speed.

Their names are Stampy, Mamoswine and Spinach, the Drapion.
-------------
next day

Caught a Milotic on Route One!!!!!!!!!!! So Cool!

Last edited by SnowpointQuincy; April 15th, 2012 at 09:11 PM.
Old April 16th, 2012, 01:33 PM
Kaori
tragedy

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Kaori

- - - - - - -
So I was catching Pokémon around Unova to fill up my Pokédex when I ran into this chicky!

LV 26
Sassy / Sap Sipper / Likes to Fight
- Leech Seed
- Faint Attack
- Take Down
- Jump Kick

smile. paired to vrai & karpman & drew
Old April 16th, 2012, 02:42 PM
♠Dawn Rayne♠
Best in the world at what I do

Send a message via Skype™ to ♠Dawn Rayne♠
Bouncing back and forth between my Black and White games mostly leveling up my Pokemon after maxing out their EVs I am training with my favs and not the overused macho types most of my Wifi opponents use, I believe in winning with the ones I like best even though lately on Wifi everyone shuts off the game when I am winning...

Currently on White I am training Sawsbuck, Bannette, Stantler, Pidgeot, Ninetales, and Haunter.

On Black - My Minun and Plusle from Sapphire, Emolga, Pachirisu (A Shiny one I obtained in SS Safari Zone), And several others I am alternating in and out of my party.

Might complete my Black Pokedex soon, almost there! On White I have a ways to go though.. DreamWorld helps a bit.

Oh yeah and it sucks when Cynthia is not around to battle with. Come back soon! k?
If you ever need anything please don't
Hesitate to ask someone else first
I'm too busy acting like I'm not naive
I've seen it all, I was here first..

Old April 16th, 2012, 11:35 PM
Shadowfire
Fire/Dark Trainer

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Shadowfire
On my fourth playthrough in Black (started April 2), defeated N and Ghetsis 2 days ago.
Now, this time, I shall try getting my pokedex completely filled (besides numbers 647-649) before Black and White version 2 come out. Don't know if I'll get the Jap version or just wait for the English version...
Oops, got off topic.
Anyways, left route 18, and I got super lucky and caught a Milotic and Kingdra!! I think they have like a 5% chance by the Super Rod in Dark Water. So glad. :3
And I just got a Chinchou!! Those are ultra rare, 1% chance appearing by fishing normally.
Here's my team so far:
LV 50 Reshiram
LV 59 Pikachu
LV 53 Simisage
LV 56 Serperior
LV 55 Samurott
LV 55 Emboar (Starter)
I hope to level them up fast so I can take on the Pokemon League and actually become Champion this time.
Currently have 167 seen AND caught, so I'm on a roll.
Although my heart is darkened by failures
The fire within burns brightly

Last edited by Shadowfire; April 16th, 2012 at 11:42 PM. Reason: Needed to add a few things and make it look awesome...
Old April 18th, 2012, 07:55 AM
LightOfTruth
Likes Hacks and Official Games

Why is no-one using the travel journal? :D

My first play-through of this game:

My Pokemon is correctly:

Purrion L6

Patrat L8

Tepig<Flashfire> L9

I'm on Route 2 training Purrion :D

Get some Sims 3 stuff now

Closed Thread