The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Resources
Sign Up Rules/FAQ Live Battle Blogs Mark Forums Read

Notices

Resources Everything you need to help make your game can be found in here. You can also post your own resources. Remember to give credit!
The thread revival limit does not apply here.


View Poll Results: Animated or static sprites?
Animated (+ Looks better, - Large files) 201 82.38%
Static (+ Smaller files, - Looks worse) 43 17.62%
Voters: 244. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Thread Tools
  #51    
Old March 28th, 2012, 09:23 PM
Pharetra's Avatar
Pharetra
MOM GET THE CAMERA
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Age: 18
Gender: Male
Quote:
Originally Posted by desbrina View Post
This pack is great, there is a problem with the latest animated sprites though, the shiny bak files for 023 to 063 are incorrectly named. 023 is named 024, 024 is named 025 etc.
Also 019 seems to have a white background
I'll look into this, don't know yet when it will be fixed, I am pretty busy at the moment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teomat View Post
I've got one question. What does it mean - "effects won't work" Attacks and abilities has no visual effects or they are simply not work?
The attacks will deal damage, but special effects, like a 30% chance to poison the defending Pokemon, will not work. I hope I've clarified that now.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #52    
Old March 31st, 2012, 01:50 AM
trainersonic
Beginning Trainer
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Great pack, thanks a lot. It needs effects of moves and abilities. It also needs Gen 5 items. I wish you would add them later.
Reply With Quote
  #53    
Old April 17th, 2012, 12:14 PM
comicmast
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Gender: Male
Do i just copy and paste or what?
Reply With Quote
  #54    
Old April 19th, 2012, 08:45 AM
Pharetra's Avatar
Pharetra
MOM GET THE CAMERA
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Age: 18
Gender: Male
Quote:
Originally Posted by comicmast View Post
Do i just copy and paste or what?
Copying the files to the folder of your project should be sufficient.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #55    
Old May 7th, 2012, 01:14 PM
abnegation's Avatar
abnegation
proudly paired with adventure
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Age: 21
This is fantastic so far, however I do have one request. I ask that you make all sprite sizes the same (for the animated sprites) within a 120x120 box for example. And all positioned alike. Because if each image is a different size, they will not be positioned on the battle scene correctly. I know this because I've attempted it. If you did that through batch or other methods, it would really be a benefit.
Reply With Quote
  #56    
Old May 30th, 2012, 06:29 PM
Rayd12smitty's Avatar
Rayd12smitty
Shadow Maker
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Gender: Male
I agree with abnegation. And i noticed (sorry this might be fixed) with the download on the main thread post, sneasel is missing. I am not sure if others are too. I just noticed this because he is one of the starters in my fan game.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #57    
Old May 31st, 2012, 05:16 AM
Maruno's Avatar
Maruno
Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abnegation View Post
This is fantastic so far, however I do have one request. I ask that you make all sprite sizes the same (for the animated sprites) within a 120x120 box for example. And all positioned alike. Because if each image is a different size, they will not be positioned on the battle scene correctly. I know this because I've attempted it. If you did that through batch or other methods, it would really be a benefit.
Which Essentials did you try this with? I thought I'd fixed all that.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #58    
Old May 31st, 2012, 06:53 AM
the__end's Avatar
the__end
Pixel Artist
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Gender: Male
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maruno View Post
Which Essentials did you try this with? I thought I'd fixed all that.
he means the gifs in this pack...
they are all different size...
changing it is alot of work thought...
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #59    
Old May 31st, 2012, 07:59 AM
Maruno's Avatar
Maruno
Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: England
Quote:
Originally Posted by the__end View Post
he means the gifs in this pack...
they are all different size...
changing it is alot of work thought...
I know what he meant. I was saying I thought Essentials compensated for different sprite dimensions, and showed them all properly (assuming the correct altitudes are set in pokemon.txt).
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #60    
Old June 1st, 2012, 01:43 PM
Alphos
Beginning Trainer
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Gender: Male
The spoiler instantly makes it seem like it isn't BW, since none of the spoiler image is. In the future, maybe include screenshots including BW graphics if you include BW Pack in the title.
Reply With Quote
  #61    
Old June 1st, 2012, 11:58 PM
Pharetra's Avatar
Pharetra
MOM GET THE CAMERA
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Age: 18
Gender: Male
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphos View Post
The spoiler instantly makes it seem like it isn't BW, since none of the spoiler image is. In the future, maybe include screenshots including BW graphics if you include BW Pack in the title.
I don't believe you understand that this is a resource pack containing various BW resources. It is not supposed to be a complete overhaul of Pokémon Essentials.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #62    
Old June 2nd, 2012, 08:10 AM
Migrating Mews's Avatar
Migrating Mews
Mew Master
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Unova
Gender: Male
Nature: Relaxed
Thank you. This is great for my game.
__________________
Blazing Victories League (Friend's League) and Pokemon BW - Champion Battles!!! (My League)

Name: PKMN Trainer Chris
Friend Code: 3825-7822-4983

PM, VM or Comment on my thread when you are ready to battle me! I'm always ready!


Blazing Victories League Trainer Card
Reply With Quote
  #63    
Old June 4th, 2012, 09:26 PM
McMike10
Beginning Trainer
 
Join Date: May 2012
Gender: Male
Hey, I'm sort of new to all of this, but what I'm looking for are overworld pokemon sprites to use in RPG Maker XP. Does anyone know a link that will let me download and use them?
Reply With Quote
  #64    
Old June 4th, 2012, 10:12 PM
AmethystRain's Avatar
AmethystRain
Crystaline
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Gender: Female
McMike- Firstly, you're better off making a new topic to ask something like that, rather than in here, where it's not related. However, I have all the gens' overworld sprites, but you'll have to format them for RPG Maker yourself (not hard, tedious at worst). If you want them, send me a PM.
__________________
With Love, Your Shadow~
Proud owner of Reborn and spearhead of the Pokemon Reborn game~
Reply With Quote
  #65    
Old June 6th, 2012, 09:58 AM
abnegation's Avatar
abnegation
proudly paired with adventure
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Age: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maruno View Post
Which Essentials did you try this with? I thought I'd fixed all that.
I think I'm still using 4.0 due to massive edits to the engine. I could upgrade, but I foresee a lot of conflicts between the engine and the way it looks on my game now, and the latest Essentials. Any idea what you did to fix this? It might be worth me emulating it. Otherwise, I think it may be worth upgrading. Or attempting to.
Reply With Quote
  #66    
Old June 6th, 2012, 11:07 AM
Maruno's Avatar
Maruno
Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abnegation View Post
I think I'm still using 4.0 due to massive edits to the engine. I could upgrade, but I foresee a lot of conflicts between the engine and the way it looks on my game now, and the latest Essentials. Any idea what you did to fix this? It might be worth me emulating it. Otherwise, I think it may be worth upgrading. Or attempting to.
I think it was just the def adjustBattleSpriteYEx in PokemonSprite. I'm not sure whether the sprite coordinates dotted around PokeBattle_ActualScene were also changed, but I half-think they weren't.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #67    
Old June 9th, 2012, 10:55 AM
KessIwanov
Beginning Trainer
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Hello
I've added everything from the packet into my Pokemon Essential.
Only if I, as a wild Pokemon eg a Snivy select. Then you will see this error message.

What should I do?

Sorry for my bad English.

Exception:NoMethodError
Message:undefined method ´[]´for nil:NilClass
PokemonUtilities:1246:in ´pbSeenForm
PokeBattle_Battle:479:in ´pbSetSeen`
PokeBattle_Battle:594:in ´pbStartBattleCore`
PokeBattle_Battle:505:in ´pbStartBattle`
PokemonField:827:in ´pbWildBattle´
PokemonField:826:in ´pbSceneStandby´
PokemonField:828:in ´pbWildBattle´
PokemonField:825:in ´pbBattleAnimation´
PokemonField:825:in ´pbWildBattle´
PokemonField:1232:in ´pbBattleOnStepTaken´
Reply With Quote
  #68    
Old June 9th, 2012, 02:43 PM
FL's Avatar
FL
Pokémon Island Creator
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Gender: Male
I need to insert some text here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KessIwanov View Post
Hello
I've added everything from the packet into my Pokemon Essential.
Only if I, as a wild Pokemon eg a Snivy select. Then you will see this error message.

What should I do?

Sorry for my bad English.

Exception:NoMethodError
Message:undefined method ´[]´for nil:NilClass
PokemonUtilities:1246:in ´pbSeenForm
PokeBattle_Battle:479:in ´pbSetSeen`
PokeBattle_Battle:594:in ´pbStartBattleCore`
PokeBattle_Battle:505:in ´pbStartBattle`
PokemonField:827:in ´pbWildBattle´
PokemonField:826:in ´pbSceneStandby´
PokemonField:828:in ´pbWildBattle´
PokemonField:825:in ´pbBattleAnimation´
PokemonField:825:in ´pbWildBattle´
PokemonField:1232:in ´pbBattleOnStepTaken´
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maruno View Post
Solving an error
Step 1: Start a new game.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #69    
Old June 10th, 2012, 07:51 AM
heisadog
Beginning Trainer
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Gender: Male
this pack is all GIF images... how can i use it for game?
when i replace the battlers folder with these GIF, game is not working anymore...
please tell me how to use it... thanks so much...

p/s: my english is not good... so sr
Reply With Quote
  #70    
Old June 13th, 2012, 12:57 AM
mackoo's Avatar
mackoo
Trainer
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Poland
Gender: Male
Nature: Adamant
I wonder if there is a way to make battlers move all the time (also when using moves), and only stop when Pokemon is asleep, frozen, or has just fainted. Now they only move, when they're waiting for player to choose which move they're supposed to use.
Reply With Quote
  #71    
Old June 17th, 2012, 09:37 AM
Seth Pegasus's Avatar
Seth Pegasus
 
Join Date: May 2012
Gender: Male
First of all, great pack you have here. But I too have a problem with importing the gifs to rpg maker xp. They are in the game folder but they don't show up in rpg maker. Do I need some special script for gifs to work?
Reply With Quote
  #72    
Old June 17th, 2012, 11:16 PM
Seth Pegasus's Avatar
Seth Pegasus
 
Join Date: May 2012
Gender: Male
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seth Pegasus View Post
First of all, great pack you have here. But I too have a problem with importing the gifs to rpg maker xp. They are in the game folder but they don't show up in rpg maker. Do I need some special script for gifs to work?
Never mind, I figured it out. It turns out I had the wrong gifs in the folder. silly me

Quote:
Originally Posted by heisadog View Post
this pack is all GIF images... how can i use it for game?
when i replace the battlers folder with these GIF, game is not working anymore...
please tell me how to use it... thanks so much...

p/s: my english is not good... so sr
I'm not sure what you did but this is what I did.

I went to my game folder, went to graphics and deleted the battlers folder.
I then went to the Ultimate BW Pack and copied the battlers folder.
I then went back to my game folder, went to graphics and pasted the new battlers folder.
Mine seem to be working just fine, they are animated and I have no problems with transparency.

Make sure you downloaded the latest update for Ultimate BW Pack.
If you keep having problems, you may have to restart your game.

I hope this helps you.

Last edited by Seth Pegasus; June 17th, 2012 at 11:23 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Reply With Quote
  #73    
Old July 3rd, 2012, 03:39 AM
Pharetra's Avatar
Pharetra
MOM GET THE CAMERA
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Age: 18
Gender: Male
The pack is nearing completion. I finally got the sprites positioned correctly. Here's a preview of whatr you can expect:



@Mackoo
I don't know how to do that yet. I think it has to do with the sprites not updating when performing an action like using a move or switching out. Maybe I'll look at that.

@Seth Pegasus and heisadog
You don't have to import them via RPG Maker, just copying them in the game's folder is enough ;)
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #74    
Old July 3rd, 2012, 08:21 AM
AmethystRain's Avatar
AmethystRain
Crystaline
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Gender: Female
That looks pretty swag.

I'll be honest, because of the mis-numbering issue which was mentioned above and that this hadn't been updated for the new form names/gender differences, etc I was considering finding replacements, but if you're still working on this, I'll hold out. c:
__________________
With Love, Your Shadow~
Proud owner of Reborn and spearhead of the Pokemon Reborn game~
Reply With Quote
  #75    
Old July 3rd, 2012, 10:18 AM
Maruno's Avatar
Maruno
Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: England
It looks nice, but the huge back sprites certainly don't lend themselves to double battles. There's also the (rather important, actually) issues with other places the sprites are shown, in most of which they'll be too big (I'm thinking of the Pokédex and storage).
__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Minimum Characters Per Post: 25



All times are UTC -8. The time now is 08:08 AM.


Style by Nymphadora, artwork by Sa-Dui.
Like our Facebook Page Follow us on Twitter © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity™, pokecommunity.com.
Pokémon characters and images belong to The Pokémon Company International and Nintendo. This website is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Nintendo, Creatures, GAMEFREAK, The Pokémon Company or The Pokémon Company International. We just love Pokémon.
All forum styles, their images (unless noted otherwise) and site designs are © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity / PokéCommunity.com.
PokéCommunity™ is a trademark of The PokéCommunity. All rights reserved. Sponsor advertisements do not imply our endorsement of that product or service. User generated content remains the property of its creator.