The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Progressing Games

Notices

Progressing Games All game threads go in this forum. Come and check out the games in development, or make a thread for your own. Constructive criticism is welcome!
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old March 11th, 2012, 10:57 AM
Rayquaza.
Lead Dev in Pokémon Chaos

Nature: Adamant
I don't think that the grass tile is his, he would probably have used it in PkMn Deep Balance if it was his.

Pokémon Chaos
12th January 2014

My Youtube Channel | Pokémon Chaos Thread | My DeviantArt | Mystery Dungeon Starter Kit Discussion Thread
Old March 12th, 2012, 01:10 PM
Firestorm.
AND I THREW IT ON THE GROUND!!

Nature: Calm
Is there a set date for the first release of the alpha demo yet?

Old March 12th, 2012, 01:22 PM
Rayquaza.

No, not yet. Some time in April.

There will be new features though:
  • In Sunset city you will find Ghetsis.
  • After speaking to Ghetsis you will be able to find Reshiram and Zekrom in a certain route.
  • Reshiram will be found on route 3 and Zekrom on route 4.
  • Both will be found when you step on a certain tile.
  • You will be able to make it to the third gym.
  • You will encounter Wally for the second time.
  • You will have a second encounter with Team Magma.
  • And much more...

Pokémon Chaos
12th January 2014

My Youtube Channel | Pokémon Chaos Thread | My DeviantArt | Mystery Dungeon Starter Kit Discussion Thread
Old March 12th, 2012, 02:03 PM
mineox100
Hey.

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to mineox100 Send a message via Skype™ to mineox100
Wait a minute... Zekrom and Reshiram?
Isn't that a bit too early to encounter them?
Old March 13th, 2012, 10:22 AM
Rayquaza.

No, because they will both be lv 5, their growth rate is slow and they will hard to find. Not to mention they have a low catch rate.

Pokémon Chaos
12th January 2014

Old March 13th, 2012, 10:33 AM
mineox100
Hey.

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to mineox100 Send a message via Skype™ to mineox100
Well, that makes sense. But isn't Reshiram and Zekrom already captured by the Pokmeon BW protaganist and N? XD
Just joking.
Old March 13th, 2012, 10:46 AM
Aénex
Instinct

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by mineox100 View Post
Well, that makes sense. But isn't Reshiram and Zekrom already captured by the Pokmeon BW protaganist and N? XD
Just joking.
Well then how come the BW Protagonist catches Zekrom/Reshiram and gets many more through these strange 'events'? And doesn't N set his Pokémon free. :L

Old March 13th, 2012, 11:57 PM
Rayquaza.

What does it matter anyway, this project doesn't have to correspond with all the games that nintendo have brought out.

So the concept of whether N caught Reshiram and Zekrom is irrelevant to the storyline of the game.

Pokémon Chaos
12th January 2014

Old March 17th, 2012, 07:54 AM
Firestorm.

It sounds pretty good to be honest.

Can I just ask, if the Brendan and May sprites are only placeholders what are the Hero and Heroine sprites going to be?

Old March 17th, 2012, 11:54 AM
Rayquaza.

Basically, I haven't got the sprites that the Brendan and May sprites are placeholding yet, but Aénex, who is the spriter for this project is working on the actual Hero and Heroine sprites and they should hopefully be finished by April, which is when the first Alpha demo is scheduled for release.

There is still no release date set for the game, it all depends on how progress goes, at the moment progress is going very well; I'm currently working on 'Ashville Town', a volcanically active town, that runs of geothermal energy and is powered 'Pyro-Electricity'. This is the town in which the 3rd gym is to be set; a fire type gym with lv25+ trainers within.

============================================================================================================

Update

Hi there, currently I have been remastering the maps, and by remastering I mean updating the tilesets to look more BW style. Also some fetures of the game have been updated because of this: Water and lava autotiles will be HGSS style (Because there are no animated BW autotiles around), all current maps will be revamped. (More to follow the nearer the Alpha release date)

Here's and example:
Spoiler:

Pokémon Chaos
12th January 2014

Last edited by Rayquaza.; March 18th, 2012 at 09:57 AM.
Old March 24th, 2012, 12:36 PM
Rayquaza.

Hi guys! I'm back with news of the next demo which also happens to be the first Alpha demo of this game. The news being the release date of the game, it will be released on April 5th. It will feature the updated tiles featured in the last screenshot and the 4th gym will be reachable.

Updates pending on my next post!

Pokémon Chaos
12th January 2014

Last edited by Rayquaza.; March 25th, 2012 at 05:50 AM.
Old March 24th, 2012, 03:57 PM
Nickalooose
--------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayquaza. View Post
Hi guys! I'm back with news of the next demo which also happens to be the first Alpha demo of this game. The news being the release date of the game, it will be released on March 5th.
A little late don't you think? Or is it for next year?

Quote:
It will feature the updated tiles featured in the last screenshot and the 4th gym will be reachable.

Updates pending on my next post!
I can't actually see the screenshot you're boasting about *Sigh*.
Old March 25th, 2012, 05:53 AM
Rayquaza.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickalooose View Post
A little late don't you think? Or is it for next year?

I can't actually see the screenshot you're boasting about *Sigh*.
Bad grammar, sorry. I've edited it to the correct date, April 5th, not March.

Also this was the screenshot I was talking about. I remapped all the current maps with new tiles.

Pokémon Chaos
12th January 2014

Old March 30th, 2012, 11:18 AM
Rayquaza.

Hi everyone. Due to delay of game resources the next demo will be postponed until the 20th of April.

Pokémon Chaos
12th January 2014

Last edited by Rayquaza.; April 1st, 2012 at 01:41 PM.
Old April 10th, 2012, 10:46 AM
Firestorm.

So are there going to be any new screenshots to showcase? I'd love to see more and I'm sure all the fans of this game do as well.

Old April 10th, 2012, 12:35 PM
mineox100
Hey.

Quote:
Hi everyone. Due to delay of game resources the next demo will be postponed until the 20th of April.
A delay? But I like this game.
10 more days to go I guess...
Old April 11th, 2012, 09:18 AM
Rayquaza.

[SIZE="a"]Yes I'm afraid so... The game is scheduled to be released as soon as the hero + heroine sprites are done. I am now using HGSS tiles for the game as the BW tiles in the last screenshot were a bit dull, boring and lifeless.
You will be able to reach the 4th gym and will have another encounter with Team Magama.[/SIZE]

Pokémon Chaos
12th January 2014

Old April 15th, 2012, 12:33 PM
InMooseWeTrust
Jack of All Trades

Nature: Careful
Send a message via ICQ to InMooseWeTrust Send a message via AIM to InMooseWeTrust Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to InMooseWeTrust Send a message via Yahoo to InMooseWeTrust Send a message via Skype™ to InMooseWeTrust
I just downloaded the last release (the one on Rapidshare). Can you PM me the password? Thanks.
Old April 15th, 2012, 01:13 PM
Rayquaza.

You don't need to ask using this thread, you just need to PM me the request for the password.

For anyone who is a fan of this game, join us on http://www.facebook.com/pages/Emeral...8440186539451#.

Pokémon Chaos
12th January 2014

Old April 16th, 2012, 04:14 AM
Nightwing87
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Serious
I can't wait for that alpha release!
This game looks legit.
Old April 16th, 2012, 05:10 AM
InMooseWeTrust
Jack of All Trades

Nature: Careful
Send a message via ICQ to InMooseWeTrust Send a message via AIM to InMooseWeTrust Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to InMooseWeTrust Send a message via Yahoo to InMooseWeTrust Send a message via Skype™ to InMooseWeTrust
Hi, I just "liked" your Facebook page. My name is Mujtahid ul Haque there, and you can message me there if you like. I'm on Facebook every day, while I'm usually on Pokécommunity only a few times a month. I think I saw your Rapidshare link somewhere else on the internet, and I didn't realize until after downloading that it needed a password. Then I searched you on PokéCommunity. That's why I didn't know to PM you right away.

Anyway, I'm a university student and my semester's almost up, so I was wondering if you would like some extra help over the summer. I've worked in two fangame projects (both died a long time ago) as a writer/proofreader/concept designer/staffer/a bunch of other things. I'm also unique in that I'm willing to try certain things that other hackers/developers will never touch, like fixing the messy National Dex so the cross-generational evolutions are next to each other. I actually did that for Pokémon Hall of Fame.

In my latest version of Pokédex reorganization (working on it now), I implement 5th gen Pokémon and fix up all the evolutions in Pokémon Essentials so they make more sense. For example, Luvdisc evolves into Alomomola and Cacnea evolves into Cacturne (male) or Maractus (female). Similarly, Kirlia automatically evolves into Gardevoir (female) or Gallade (male). Kanto and Johto Pokémon and their legendaries are all together, and they also include 4th gen evolutions that aren't in the HGSS dex. Nidoran has male and female forms with separate graphics and stats instead of being separate species. My goal with this concept is to make Pokémon design as simple and efficient as possible. That means no complicated beauty points or trading with items nonsense. Raising Pokémon should be fun but Nintendo just keeps putting in more and more busy work with every new game.

My writing skills in English are guaranteed 99.9% flawless and I do a lot of editing and teach kids how to write in my job. So you won't have to worry about things like awkward construction or spelling and grammar mistakes.

As for concept designing, I study geography at Penn State university so I know how this works. I base designs of places, stories, etc. based on elements from the real world and from mythology. So in other words, I can design regions the same way Pokémon game creators do them.

I can also compose music and I'm really good at working with MIDI files. You know how MIDI that you find on random websites usually sounds like crap? I can make them sound nice with a little editing. That way you can get high quality sound with minimal file size. I know a lot of fangames have the problem where they have maybe 40 MB of content and 200 MB of background music.

I'm wondering, how much of your plot and/or features are tentative and open to interpretation? I know you said you're using some Hoenn stuff as placeholders for what you really want to put in there. Well, how much of the demo do you plan on keeping?

Last edited by InMooseWeTrust; April 16th, 2012 at 05:17 AM.
Old April 16th, 2012, 08:09 AM
Rayquaza.

Quote:
Originally Posted by InMooseWeTrust View Post
Hi, I just "liked" your Facebook page. My name is Mujtahid ul Haque there, and you can message me there if you like. I'm on Facebook every day, while I'm usually on Pokécommunity only a few times a month. I think I saw your Rapidshare link somewhere else on the internet, and I didn't realize until after downloading that it needed a password. Then I searched you on PokéCommunity. That's why I didn't know to PM you right away.

Anyway, I'm a university student and my semester's almost up, so I was wondering if you would like some extra help over the summer. I've worked in two fangame projects (both died a long time ago) as a writer/proofreader/concept designer/staffer/a bunch of other things. I'm also unique in that I'm willing to try certain things that other hackers/developers will never touch, like fixing the messy National Dex so the cross-generational evolutions are next to each other. I actually did that for Pokémon Hall of Fame.

In my latest version of Pokédex reorganization (working on it now), I implement 5th gen Pokémon and fix up all the evolutions in Pokémon Essentials so they make more sense. For example, Luvdisc evolves into Alomomola and Cacnea evolves into Cacturne (male) or Maractus (female). Similarly, Kirlia automatically evolves into Gardevoir (female) or Gallade (male). Kanto and Johto Pokémon and their legendaries are all together, and they also include 4th gen evolutions that aren't in the HGSS dex. Nidoran has male and female forms with separate graphics and stats instead of being separate species. My goal with this concept is to make Pokémon design as simple and efficient as possible. That means no complicated beauty points or trading with items nonsense. Raising Pokémon should be fun but Nintendo just keeps putting in more and more busy work with every new game.

My writing skills in English are guaranteed 99.9% flawless and I do a lot of editing and teach kids how to write in my job. So you won't have to worry about things like awkward construction or spelling and grammar mistakes.

As for concept designing, I study geography at Penn State university so I know how this works. I base designs of places, stories, etc. based on elements from the real world and from mythology. So in other words, I can design regions the same way Pokémon game creators do them.

I can also compose music and I'm really good at working with MIDI files. You know how MIDI that you find on random websites usually sounds like crap? I can make them sound nice with a little editing. That way you can get high quality sound with minimal file size. I know a lot of fangames have the problem where they have maybe 40 MB of content and 200 MB of background music.

I'm wondering, how much of your plot and/or features are tentative and open to interpretation? I know you said you're using some Hoenn stuff as placeholders for what you really want to put in there. Well, how much of the demo do you plan on keeping?
Well I am in need of a good composer, if you can make some Legendary Battle MIDI files + Elite 4 and Champion BGM music then that would be greatly appreciated.

Most of the demo is to be kept as it is just a snippet of what is to be in the full release.

==========================================================

Who is a fan of my game? Well for those of you who do support my game you can put this in your sig:

Code:
http://www.deviantart.com/download/296428158/support_bar_by_rayquaza_dot-d4whhfi.png

Pokémon Chaos
12th January 2014

Old April 17th, 2012, 01:34 PM
Rayquaza.

Hi guys! Back again.

I bring the first video footage of this game and the main event of the next update! ENJOY!

Pokémon Chaos
12th January 2014

Old April 17th, 2012, 01:56 PM
mineox100
Hey.

Awesome! And my title screen is in there!
Nice battle background too!

---

Rayquaza, your sig might be a bit too big.
Old April 17th, 2012, 02:35 PM
Rayquaza.

Thanks. I just added more to it so It'll look better in the demo release.

Yes your title screen is in there, I like it alot.

Thanks. I tried to find some BGs like Kyledoves ones with the cave/beach/forest/etc backgrounds but they were all in his private collection. So I made my own.

My sig is fine its just the right size.

Also, who likes my custom hero sprite? (In the vid) I made it myself.

Pokémon Chaos
12th January 2014

Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links