The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Official Forums > Community Feedback and Support

Notices

Community Feedback and Support This is the place for your concerns, praises or help relating to the PokéCommunity. Unsure of how to post a thread (though you should find out pretty quickly)? How do you get a blog? Maybe you don’t like a certain feature. Make a thread here and get responses from your fellow members and staff.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old March 21st, 2012, 07:51 AM
Captain Fabio
The Shadow Pokémon
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
I am sure H-Staff would be happy to look at the infractions, but honestly? Spam is spam.

It should be dealt with.
Old April 15th, 2012, 03:04 PM
Archenoth
The arch foe

Nature: Lonely
Just a question, not wanting to seem agonistic but... Why is there an infraction for a character limit..?

I ask because I just got hit with that one a few minutes ago and frankly, I'm a little confused. Sometimes you don't need a certain amount of characters to get some point across, so people will have to pad whatever they were saying with with something useless to reach a character limit to avoid getting infracted. Why?
Old April 15th, 2012, 03:08 PM
shenanigans
hear me roar

The word and character limits are in place to stop people being completely non-constructive and posting stuff like "cool!" or "i agree!" in threads. Imposing the limit helps to improve the number of quality posts we get and we can't make exceptions for individual cases, unfortunately. Even if you got your point across just fine and your post was completely valid, we can't excuse you from the 25/4 rule.
Old April 15th, 2012, 03:10 PM
Archenoth
The arch foe

I see... Thanks Razor Leaf..!
Old April 19th, 2012, 02:22 PM
Archenoth
The arch foe

Another question about the character/word limit... I noticed just today that it is in effect in Other Trivia as well... I can understand why you would want to enforce the limit in forums specifically designed for being constructive, but I noticed this just a couple minutes ago.

No one got infracted for it but. I would like to ask, why is this rule enforced so harshly on Other Trivia? Isn't the point of having that board to be the general "everything else" board? A place where there are forum games (Aka: Non-constructive topics) and other such posts. It even goes through the trouble of not making any posts on that board go to your post count. So why does it matter so much there, that doing it could get one banned, or even perma-banned?
Old April 19th, 2012, 03:45 PM
droomph
mmm gurl that 90s
Community Supporter

Nature: Impish
They do that because one or two word answers like "That's DrFuji" generally aren't very nice when 99% of the post is signature. And because we always want conversation

However I can't think of a good reason to enforce this rule in that particular thread, but we might as well go with it and put in a couple words like "That right there is Meganium90...my bestie lol <3"

Old April 19th, 2012, 10:09 PM
Archenoth
The arch foe

Hm... I see. I suppose I don't really mind as much because I usually turn signatures off. And thinking 4 word answers were 100% ok, while 3 word answers are totally wrong and militantly dealt with seemed a little silly.

Ah well... It's my problem if I find it silly. I will abide by them as best I can either way.
Old April 20th, 2012, 05:30 AM
bobandbill
Where's that sheep...

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via AIM to bobandbill Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to bobandbill
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archenoth View Post
Hm... I see. I suppose I don't really mind as much because I usually turn signatures off. And thinking 4 word answers were 100% ok, while 3 word answers are totally wrong and militantly dealt with seemed a little silly.

Ah well... It's my problem if I find it silly. I will abide by them as best I can either way.
By the same token, saying that 3 words is where the line is drawn (because you have to draw that line somewhere unless you want to have contradictions or greater inconsistencies in how the rules are upheld) is 'militantly dealt with' seems a bit silly to me as nobody gets, as you suggested in your previous post, permabanned for that. Usually it's a warning for a first offence (and some mods just give a verbal warning rather than an actual one too), or an infraction if it's not the first time.

Bypassing the character/word limit is worth a total of two infraction points, and you need nine to actually get (temp) banned - so you need to break that rule say six times in a short time span to get banned just from doing that. Or say breaking other rules in combination, but at any rate, two infraction points at worst for doing that is far from us dealing with it 'militantly'. If a person hits a infraction point limit from doing that they probably should have paid attention to the rules after the first so-and-so infractions and warnings, or just didn't care about it in the first place.

Sheep in the Big City: General Specific
Old April 27th, 2012, 06:19 PM
FreakyLocz14
Conservative Patriot
Community Supporter

Nature: Bold
I think people should be given yellow cards for their first offense for the technical infractions. If it is a case where there is obviously intent to cause problems, then that's a different story.
Old April 27th, 2012, 06:38 PM
Oryx
Moon Prism POWER
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Infractions are entirely up to the mod's discretion, but if you have a problem with it I would recommend going to a member of higher staff about it, who can revert it if it really is too harsh.
Old May 16th, 2012, 09:18 AM
Yoshikkko

Nature: Adamant
So yeah, hi. I got an infraction today and I must say that I don't really agree (which probably doesn't hold any significance coming from myself but really I would live up to it if I deserved it, which I feel I did not in this case). It was for disrespecting a member, while the only considerable disrespectful thing I said was in private to some other member. I didn't say anything to the member themselves, etc.
So that's that.
Old May 16th, 2012, 09:28 AM
Oryx
Moon Prism POWER
Community Supporter

You would be best off talking to h-staff about it privately, as they're the ones that deal with infraction reversals. Although if it was disrespectful, it was disrespectful, no matter who you said it to. I'm sure you have your own reasons for wanting to try to get it reversed though.
Old May 16th, 2012, 09:32 AM
abnegation
proudly paired with adventure

Being disrespectful to a member does not state that it needs to be direct. "Do not threaten, harass or insult your fellow members, or launch personal attacks against any of them." Personal attacks is in the latter part of that quote, from the rules. You got caught being disrespectful to a member indirectly. It still falls under the Second rule on the Rules page. If you feel to speak about members you have issues with, either state it to a staff member or keep it off PC with someone you trust not to repeat your feelings.
Old May 16th, 2012, 09:34 AM
Yoshikkko

I understand that, but I don't think it's fair that you can get infracted for something which was said in private, and not harming anyone. It wasn't disrespectful to them because nothing was said to them. And so when it doesn't get reported or inquired then.. it's okay? That's not really right. That's like a teacher telling someone they can cheat on a test as long as he won't catch you doing it.
Old May 16th, 2012, 09:38 AM
Oryx
Moon Prism POWER
Community Supporter

If no one was harmed then it wouldn't have been reported, no? Obviously it was found disrespectful to the other end of the message. Things in private on PC are under the rules just as things in public are under the rules. Gav is right; if you don't want what you're saying to be held to the rules of PC, then take it off PC.

As far as the rule in general being unfair, I disagree. If someone was saying insulting things to me in private message to someone else on PC, I would find that highly disrespectful and would want that person to be held accountable so I think that rule is completely valid personally.
Old May 16th, 2012, 09:39 AM
abnegation

It's still stated in the rules that you can't be disrespectful to other members. Once you send a PM, it is no longer yours to keep. It's out in the world and you can't get it back. It can go anywhere, including to that person. And even if it doesn't, it's not nice to use the place they go to, to insult them in whatever way. Like I said, once you see a PM, it's a few clicks to forward it. And so begins a paper trail. Also Toujours is ninja'ing me, I'm not trying to echo.
Old May 16th, 2012, 09:47 AM
Yoshikkko

I've seen comments in public threads that were WAY worse than whatever I said, and I know for a fact that they received a warning at most, and that's what I'm basing all this on too. Whatever, I just genuinely think this is not at all infraction worthy and could have just gotten a warning, considering the way it went and how small and impersonal it actually was.
Old May 16th, 2012, 09:52 AM
abnegation

If you have proof as to why it should not be an infraction, bring it to the staff member who infracted you. Otherwise, you will have to accept it.
Old May 16th, 2012, 07:40 PM
Cherrim
the blossom pokémon

:/ If you have a problem with the infraction, I'd be happy to talk to you about it via PM. But so long as we're keeping it vague and in public, I feel that if your PM was disrespectful enough to be reported by the recipient, it deserved an infraction. What you said was not polite and no matter who you said it about, I'd have given you an infraction over a warning. If people have gotten away with worse in the past, it's either because the post went unnoticed and unreported or the staff member may interpret the rules more loosely than I do.

As I said in the infraction PM, if you're going to say something on PC itself (using our servers), you have to follow the rules, even if it's to someone in private via VM or PM. If you want to keep things 100% between you and the other person and don't want to deal with possible repercussions for saying those kinds of things, keep it on twitter or IM.

But again, if you want to argue your case in more detail, feel free to PM me about it.

previously known as lightning.
tumblrtwitter

Old June 27th, 2012, 01:02 PM
droomph
mmm gurl that 90s
Community Supporter

Hey, I have a question. If you get 15 or more warning cards, does that also count as a permanent ban? (Though that'd be really unlikely.)

Just wondering.

Old June 27th, 2012, 01:06 PM
Team Fail
A Little Bit Of Sparkle
Community Supporter

Nature: Brave
I don't think so. Warning cards are essentially notifications, so they won't amount to anything, but if you had a high number of them, you'd better be careful as you would probably be getting infractions easier because you had gotten many warnings about the rules.

Pairs:
Kevin, Echidna
Follow me on Twitter! @TeamFail
Alt 1, リザードン
Miiverse
Pokémon Hackers Online
Alt 2: Jack Cayman

[04:20.39] <@GoGo> I WILL INSERT WITH PLEASURE
[04:20.45] <@GoGo> shut it Bela

[05:41.55] <Team_Fail> Blue Spider is interesting, but #MEHMasterRace
[05:42.20] <diegoisawesome> Team_Fail: Sounds like a bunch of unmotivated people that still want to try to take over the world
Old June 27th, 2012, 01:21 PM
abnegation

The rules saying that if you get 15 cards or more you will be banned permanently. It is highly unlikely that you would get that many warnings without infractions as warnings are due to be followed by infractions. So I believe that chances are that you would be subjected to a banning, depending on some circumstance. Just do your best to not get into that situation, that's your best bet!
Old September 23rd, 2012, 06:46 PM
droomph
mmm gurl that 90s
Community Supporter

Hey, where can I report signatures? There's no "report" button but yeah.

Old September 23rd, 2012, 06:54 PM
Major Ziggs
This'll be a blast!
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by droomph View Post
Hey, where can I report signatures? There's no "report" button but yeah.
If you report the post you first notice the signature in and say in the report you're reporting it for the signature, that's enough. :)
Old October 5th, 2012, 02:50 PM
Hikamaru
pseudologia fantastica
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
Guys, I just got a 4 point infraction for content theft after I used an avatar/signature that was similar to one that Leaf Storm used and I don't want to get banned again.

Can you help me reverse this infraction cos I'm considering quitting PC for good.

Paired with AWsquared and Starry Windy
Battle Server | Tumblr | TWL | Profile | Supporter

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links