• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Dreams.

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
Years
Um...if anyone would like, I have a bunch of books and stuff on dream interpretation. I could maybe 'translate'...?
I don't think it means anything, but the dream I posted earlier is pretty messed up, so have at it. lol

Jarred0809

The Eternal Lurker
Years
I lucid dream whenever I can. I've gone on pokemon journeys, flown across the sea, explored ancient dungeons, and I'm far from done! The great part is when you know you're dreaming, everything seems so real. Even the weed is realistic (and unlimited)!

droomph

weeb
Years
I had a dream today where I was in a bus (or something) and the driver was a black woman who was yelling at me about something.

Yeah, I don't understand it either.

Guest123_x1

I had a dream today where I was in a bus (or something) and the driver was a black woman who was yelling at me about something.
Speaking of bus, I just had a dream this morning that I was on a school bus going down a dirt/gravel road, and it pulled over to make a stop. Almost immediately, the bus fell over on its side, then slid into the ditch upside down, and the whole thing was sinking into the ground, as if it were quicksand.

Madam Cheezy

Imakuni Trainee
Years
Yaaay, my first crack at this!

This one is a few months old, but it's pretty wacky.

I was working in the Army, and my job entailed catching snake skins thrown by my superior from across the table, and then laying them on the ground. While doing this, we were talking and joking about things... I don't really remember specifics though. After awhile, he threw something else along with one of the snake skins, and I freaked out, and dropped it. I was really scared until I looked closer and said, "it's a knocked out possum."(It kinda looked like Zorua.) Which sort of calmed me down a bit. I started to go back to work, and then it jumped up, turned white and red, and everything else around me faded to white... while it walked toward me saying "pokeMAAN, pokeMAAN, pokeMAAN." over and over, in a fairly high pitched, ghostly voice, and getting bigger and bigger... and that's when I woke up, completely terrified. After about 2 or 3 seconds I started to lmao though, because it was just so stupid. lol

Also, there was that one dream where all of the transexual members of this forum were superheroes, lol. I already told that one in the LGBT thread though. lol

Usually I agree that a chunk of dreams mean nothing. Some people go their whole lives without ever having one that affected them in any way. But, as crazy as I'm going to sound, I've had my share of those that did.

So, let's start.

Army (Armed) - This kind of dream indicates obstacles to be overcome.

Snake - In it's psychological interpretation, a snake in your dream is a phallic symbol, and to dream of one...is a warning that you may be a slave to either your sexual passions or repressions. However, according to others, snakes in a dream are warnings of various troubles, obstacles or treachery. ... To dream of playfully handling snakes suggests that you are in danger of being led astray by unprincipaled friends or associates.

Joke - The meaning of a joke dream depends on the action and reaction. If you heard a joke, and were amused, it indicates a disagreement with a friend or an embarassing social predicament in the offing; to dream of telling a successful joke is an omen of business success...dirty or offensive jokes are a forecast of large profits.

Fear - ...As a general guide, if you conquered the cause of your dream fear, and/or the sensation disappeared during the dream, the forecast is that you will overcome your difficulties.

Opossum - This amusing animal in your dream is a reminding you that ignoring your problems is a surefire method of building a time bomb under yourself. Vigorus positive action is the only safe road to releif.

Zorua - Stop playing with your DS and read a book before bed. lol

Ah, as I think this might be a touchy one to actually give my opinion on, I'll just leave it at that. Take these as you will.

And, if you're curious, I quoted these directly from one of my books. The Dreamer's Dictionary by Tom Corbett and Lady Stearn Robinson.

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
Years
Haha, well all of those definitely could apply to what's happening irl right now. Especially the army and possum.

I just had a really weird one last night... sort of disturbing tbh.

I wasn't in the dream at all, which is odd, because I'm normally the main character. I more or less forget the first half, but it was about a little boy (like 7 or 8) who was like... the chosen one to save everyone, and went into a dungeon to face some evil of some sort, but he was completely unprepared, and knew he would die, even though his family thought he was going to be just fine. The dungeon looked like a giant solid black beetle (like, 500x bigger than their house giant.) and once he went inside the beetle started to move, and he was thrown about the hallways, being stabbed, eaten, burned... literally every bad feeling you could possibly imagine, but he never died. In fact, his body never fell apart at all. It always stayed whole, and that torment lasted for what seemed like forever. Essentially, he went to hell. Or at least, I think that's what happened. He knew this was going to happen from the very beginning of the dream though, and had completely resigned himself to his fate, and never showed any pain or emotion of any kind. Also, I felt no fear throughout the entire dream, although I was really sad.

Last edited:

Madam Cheezy

Imakuni Trainee
Years
Oou, I've had those dreams before. Being a witness or spectator to something strange/horrible. Yeah, those were always some of the more stranger ones to me. I think because normally I have at least a line of thinking for doing whatever it is I'm doing when it's me. But with someone else it kinda screws with you.

Sometimes I get the ones that transition from first to second person and back again. Like I'm starring in a play, and I'm every actor. :P

Anyone ever have reoccurring dreams?

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
Years
Yeah, when I was much younger, I had several dreams that wolves had taken over my school. One time the school was completely flooded at the same time. lol

I also had a nightmare almost every night for several years about spiders, which I think is why I'm afraid of them. In several of them they were giant, or could fly, or had some other weird abilities.

Madam Cheezy

Imakuni Trainee
Years
Oou, I bet the spiders were crazy if you were seeing that as a kid!

I've had a few, but they didnt come until I was a teenager. The most intense was for like, 2 years I kept dreaming I was dying in a nuke blast. Like, I knew/could see it coming, then it hit, and I could actually feel my body disintegrate. I was convinced that I was either gonna die in one, or maybe I had in another life.

The flying dream. Thoughts?

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
Years
I've lucid dreamed a couple of times, it's pretty awesome. But most of the time I end up waking up pretty quickly, which I hate.

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
Years
What's lucid dreaming and how's it done, lol? I've heard of it before but I'm completely clueless.

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
Years
It basically just means that you're aware that you're dreaming, and are able to control the dream. As for how it's done... that's a good question, lol. I've been trying for a long time.

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
Years
It basically just means that you're aware that you're dreaming, and are able to control the dream. As for how it's done... that's a good question, lol. I've been trying for a long time.

It's not that hard really,

what you need to do is keep a dream journal, and constantly do reality checks when you're awake. The dream journal is supposed to be the most important, but I didn't even use one (a little iffy on keeping a journal because I share a room).

The dream journal is to assist in remembering dreams, and thus allowing you to see patterns in your dreams (for example, a particular person or object is always there), and from there you can link that you are dreaming. If you have a smart phone there are a couple of apps that can act as one, which is pretty cool.

Reality Checks are great, and they're basically the only thing I used. They are things that are different in dreams (for whatever reason), and from them alone you can deduce you're dreaming. Things like:

• Flipping a light switch - lights usually delay for a few seconds, or flicker, or do something not normal, which is a big clue for realizing you're dreaming.
  • Looking in a mirror - in dreams, your reflection is usually disfigured, or different.
  • Trying to breathe with your hand blocking your nose - this is the easiest way to check. If you're dreaming and you press your nostrils together so they're shut and you can still breathe through them - you're dreaming.
Those are key, remember them. Also, constantly ask yourself 'Am I dreaming?' when you're awake, and perform reality checks too. This makes you more inclined to repeat those actions when you're actually sleeping.

Then, when you finally do get into a dream and realize: "Holy crap! I'm dreaming!", you have to maintain the state, and not shock yourself awake.
When you do realize you're dreaming, and you will something to happen, you'll probably see white. It's the transition into what you want to happen (well, it is for me anyway. I'm not sure if that's different from person to person, but I thought I'd tell you anyway).

To stop yourself from waking up as soon as you realize you're asleep, try:

• Falling backwards
  • Spinning in a circle
  • Rubbing your hands together
All those things are said to help you maintain your dream state, but I have no idea why. Possibly something to with prolonging the REM sleep state.

Once you get past all that, you have to start small. The first time I tried lucid dreaming I immediately tried to fabricate a person and I woke up from the strain. The next time, I dreamt I was flying, then gradually in that dream I dived, and then made a whole world of people (I think I was lucky). Anyway, the point is to start small. Try flying to the beach the first time you're lucid. After that, step it up and think of people, objects, or places.

I hope that helps a little, any more questions I'll gladly and help

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
Years
I've actually always naturally done reality checks like that... not to see if I'm dreaming, but just in general. Also, I've never actually kept a journal, but I focus really hard on my dreams, and try to remember as much as possible. I've realized I was dreaming a few times, but always shock myself awake like you said.

Oh and for reoccurring dreams again... I have a lot where I think I've woken up, and go about my day as usual, but I'm actually still asleep, and that can happen like 5 times in one dream, before I wake up for real. lol

Usually that's the kind of dream where I actually realize I'm dreaming in the dream, and then I'm so fed up with it that I wake myself up as fast as possible. lol

NeoPsychedelia

Admiral of the Pokéfleet
Years
Most of my dreams aren't lucid to me. As strange and unrealistic as they may be, I usually believe that the events taking place are truly happening, without any other regard to the credibility of the situation. I usually wake up less than a second after I break into the lucid stage. I've never really tried to bend the dream into my favor, either. By that, I mean imagining other things and creating a temporary world out of it. Does anyone have any knowledge on this, and if so, would the body be capable of actually controlling these dreams?

droomph

weeb
Years
I had a weird dream last night.

I remember clearly that I was sitting on my bed. I was compulsively putting my hand to my mouth repeatedly.

At first, I ate some sort of dirt. I coated my mouth with it, and then moved on to the next thing. I started eating leaves, and then cake, and then croutons.

Then I spit it all out, and then started eating sugar. Then I woke up.

I have no idea what it means

-Grayscale-

яιѕєη ƒяσм тнє ๔єα๔...
Years
I'm a lucid dreamer. Back when I was really little, I'd have countless terrible dreams, all of which ended up sticking in my mind and keeping me up all night. Soon enough I got to the point where I learned how to wake up myself if I was scared, and then eventually twist around dreams to where if something bad is about to happen I can prevent it or just change events into something I prefer. The only thing I can't really do is dream of anything I want. Usually just shape whatever I've got in the picture. I honestly thought everyone could do that...

Usually if I'm having a bad nightmare I squeeze my eyes together hard in the dream and wake up, if that helps anyone. Not sure if you can really teach someone how to control their dreams though lol, so not sure what advice to give there. Just comes naturally.

Most of my dreams aren't lucid to me. As strange and unrealistic as they may be, I usually believe that the events taking place are truly happening, without any other regard to the credibility of the situation. I usually wake up less than a second after I break into the lucid stage. I've never really tried to bend the dream into my favor, either. By that, I mean imagining other things and creating a temporary world out of it. Does anyone have any knowledge on this, and if so, would the body be capable of actually controlling these dreams?

Last night, I dreamed about a world apocalypse. Some huge black monster thing was about to eat me or something, and I ended up in a movie theater because that seemed more fun than dying. Ate some popcorn, talked with a neighborhood friend, went back home and fell on my bed to wake up. Is that the kind of control you're suggesting?

When I dream I automatically know everything isn't real(even if I wish it was). The only time that isn't true is when I'm only half asleep, and I'm dreaming about me walking out of my bed in the mornings. :'D

Last edited:

TWV

Years
I'm a lucid dreamer too! :D Or, I've been doing lucid dreaming for two years now, and I can have them almost at purpose. But not always... Its very fun :)

Broken_Arrow

Paper Plane
Years
i don't dream a lot but always see weird dreams most of times i wake up either feeling sad or don't remember a scence of it.

Dreams..in my religion..dreams have meanings..and yes,sometimes it's a message..nightmares are made by the devil show us bad things..dreams might pointing for something or warning from something coming....i know that if you dreamed that you're losing any of your teeth one of your family members might die soon...and etc..

i myself..think that my dreams have no meaning because it's silly sometimes lol

zephyr6257

Hi. I'm strange. Kthnxbye. :)
Years
Oh oh oh. Lucid dreaming. :3

I don't lucid dream often, but I do occasionally. I've noticed I have more lucid dreams when I'm tired, or my mind is completely blank. I was first inspired to learn about lucid dreaming when I first watched Inception. I did some research, and it took me a while, but I had my first lucid dream, then my second, then my third, and so on and so forth.

But unlike what some of the posters said above, instead of "flicking light switches" and etc. for reality checks, I create things out of nowhere. Usually, I drop watermelons or youghurt from the sky. Though in a lucid state, I can only last for about ten minutes. It kinda kills the fun in the middle of flying over mountains and suddenly being enveloped by blackness, then waking up. Well. Better than having a terrifying uncontrollable dream.

Back