The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Fan Clubs & Groups

Notices

Fan Clubs & Groups Fan Clubs & Groups are places to go to find like-minded members and talk about similar interests. Join or create a club here if it doesn't fit in any of the other sections.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old April 21st, 2012 (12:18 PM). Edited April 21st, 2012 by Alice.
Alice
(>^.(>0.0)>
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
Send a message via Skype™ to Alice
Thankfully that was before I joined... cuz I would've been against it at the time. =/

(Although, literally no one on the first page of that thread was against it... so I'd say people were pretty good about it then too, although I didn't read past the first page. lol)

Edit: Looking back some of the posts I made on it though, I can't find any posts of mine that were against gays/gay marriage. That's kind of surprising... guess I just never posted about it that long ago.

This is the oldest post I can find that mentions sexuality in any way... like 1.5 years ago:
Quote:
I don't personally believe you are born with ANY sexual preference. Granted your body is designed for a specific use, but that may or may not come into play. Really, all we are is the culmination of all of our experiences in life. A gay person's experiences lead him or her to be Gay. It wasn't a decision, and they weren't born that way.

Example: I've been exposed to far more yaoi than I would like lately, due to the anime that I'm watching, and all of the girls on deviantart drawing yuri one day and then after I deviantwatch them, they seem to draw nothing but yaoi. I'll admit, just because I'm exposed to it so much, I have a little nagging feeling inside that wants to try it. Now, I'm straight, and I'm going to stay straight, if I have anything to say about it, but this is the perfect example of how our experiences shape who we are.
^ Guess I didn't have anything to say about it. :P
Old April 21st, 2012 (12:56 PM).
Magic
Guardian of the Great Rift

It's quite interesting looking back at that thread and noting the people who are against it, such as certain moderators who have posted there.

I wonder if their individual opinions have changed, since some people were making ridiculous claims 5 years ago - such as relating homosexual marriage to beastiality...
Old April 21st, 2012 (01:07 PM).
Oryx
CoquettishCat
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
>Click to end of thread
>"I'm just tired of people who are gay arguing with me. Once again, this is a conflict between straight people; Straight people who are for it and who are against it."
>nope.jpg

Theme * Pair * VM * PM

Not all men...

Are all men stupid?

That's right.

Old April 21st, 2012 (01:15 PM).
Kiyoshi the Polar Bear
Figuratively Speaking

Nature: Quirky
The better parts are towards the end and that's not just because that's where I started to show up.

One of the arguments made back then by xXscytherXx was how he compared how the minority of gay people shouldn't be catered what they demand just because they're a small interest group, like how you shouldn't give a small interest group of murderers the right to murder because they demand murder be legal.

SOUNDS LEGIT.

Quite an interesting look back indeed. I jaw-dropped at what I said back when I was twelve.
Old April 21st, 2012 (01:18 PM).
Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toujours View Post
>Click to end of thread
>"I'm just tired of people who are gay arguing with me. Once again, this is a conflict between straight people; Straight people who are for it and who are against it."
>nope.jpg
I'm halfway there

My evening is so slow that this is my entertainment.

From what I've seen so far there are lots of people popping in to go "ITS WRONG" or something to that effect, or citing 'facts' but no evidence as to why it's bad. Then there are the heroes of the thread giving them actual figures and watching the haters run in circles XD
Old April 21st, 2012 (01:39 PM).
Kiyoshi the Polar Bear
Figuratively Speaking

GO SWIFTSIGN GOOOO

I actually found my first post in this thread! Click.

So much changes in people that their opinions and outlook follow suit.
It's interesting how we grow.

By the way if anyone is wondering that friend of mine didn't turn out to be gay. He did really into ghetto black subculture, though.

Also, "I'm against two guys getting married. But two girls.... that's a different story lol."

X3;
Old April 21st, 2012 (01:39 PM). Edited April 21st, 2012 by droomph.
droomph
mmm gurl that 90s
Community Supporter

Nature: Impish
Good thing we don't see that anymore, because 1. the current generation of young, friendly and liberal mods are better at their jobs than their dusty, creaky and conservative older counterparts or 2. people have accepted the fact that there will be gay people.

Also I remember back in marching band camp someone made up the term "queermosexual". I don't know either.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiyoshi the Bipolar Bear View Post
I don't really care what the people do.
(As long if it's not my problem)

I know some people are aganist it and some people are totally for it, and some people are like "Um... your asking me?".

As for me, I'm one of those "Um, your asking me?" people. athough, some of those people who are against it get annoying about thier bashing. God people, just accept the fact that some people are gay so I don't have to hear more about your usless attempts! sheesh...

But if I HAD to pick, I would support it.
One of my 2 top two friends, It's PAINFULLY obvious that he going to be gay.
I would support it, Because I don't want to dis my friend.
Oh, you, 11-year-old Kiyoshi. You will never know how much more you'll mature over the years.

Especially with the grammar and spelling and stuff. And the new username and stuff.

Old April 21st, 2012 (02:06 PM).
Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiyoshi the Polar Bear View Post
GO SWIFTSIGN GOOOO

I actually found my first post in this thread! Click.

So much changes in people that their opinions and outlook follow suit.
It's interesting how we grow.

By the way if anyone is wondering that friend of mine didn't turn out to be gay. He did really into ghetto black subculture, though.

Also, "I'm against two guys getting married. But two girls.... that's a different story lol."

X3;
THATS YOU! Awwh. I did notice how you change opinion through-out the thread.

Also, I think that thread shows a common train of thought among the heterosexual community:

"I'm not homophobic, but I don't agree with gay marriage,"

"I'm not homophobic, but they should just keep it to themselves,"

Those are the most irritating views, and people refuse to see how hypocritical what they are saying is .

Also I have read/skimmed all 20 pages, medal please.
Old April 21st, 2012 (02:18 PM).
Kiyoshi the Polar Bear
Figuratively Speaking

@Droomph- Oh my goodness when I saw "Bipolar Bear" I almost died. XD;

It is a much friendlier atmosphere in the forum nowadays. The mods are very much apart of the community rather than a subgroup of their own that happens to rule over all the other people.

@SwiftSign-

FOR REVIEWING AN ENTIRE THREAD FROM 2007 AND WASTING A GOOD HOUR OR TWO DOING SO
Old April 21st, 2012 (02:30 PM).
droomph
mmm gurl that 90s
Community Supporter

Nature: Impish
^ also complimentary two-pound reward

SO CAN I BE A MOD NOW? I'm glad I wasn't here when that was the case. I would have hated that.

@SwiftSign Also I think they meant something like "OH MA GAWD I DON'T LIKE GAYS BUT I'LL PUT UP WITH THEM DERP"

Old April 21st, 2012 (02:36 PM).
Magic

Whoa that's the biggest £2 I've seen.

Yay rewards!

I've been on forums for a good 10 years, and although none have been against homosexuality, the amount of acceptance has diminished over the years. The internet has always been much more openly-gay than the real life environment anyway - at least until I got to University.
Old April 21st, 2012 (02:52 PM).
Kiyoshi the Polar Bear
Figuratively Speaking

SwiftSign's description of Uni:

So you mean the internet has gotten more homophobic?
" the amount of acceptance has diminished over the years. "
Old April 21st, 2012 (02:56 PM).
Magic

Quote:
SwiftSign's description of Uni:

So you mean the internet has gotten more homophobic?
" the amount of acceptance has diminished over the years. "
Oops I typed the opposite of what I meant ;__; prejudice has diminished.

And that's pretty much what Uni is! You suddenly realise that loads of people are gay, just everyone back in secondary school was closeted/didn't speak about it.

Bad thing is that in some gay circles it's like pass the boyfriend I swear.
Old April 21st, 2012 (03:13 PM).
Kiyoshi the Polar Bear
Figuratively Speaking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelda, Princess of Hyrule and Fast Food Restaurants View Post

Oops I typed the opposite of what I meant ;__; prejudice has diminished.

And that's pretty much what Uni is! You suddenly realize that loads of people are gay, just everyone back in secondary school was closeted/didn't speak about it.

Bad thing is that in some gay circles it's like pass the boyfriend I swear.

And here is your side order of fries. <3
Good to know. :3

Well you have to admit, a lot of gays/lesbians are a bit more easy to bed, if you know what I mean. It's easier to become easy if there were a ton of people in your life who didn't accept your sexuality so once you had freedom to express it you hopped on the seedy train.

Italics for words you know damn well I'm trying to say but can't.
Old April 21st, 2012 (03:20 PM).
Magic

Quote:
Good to know. :3

Well you have to admit, a lot of gays/lesbians are a bit more easy to bed, if you know what I mean. It's easier to become easy if there were a ton of people in your life who didn't accept your sexuality so once you had freedom to express it you hopped on the seedy train.

Italics for words you know damn well I'm trying to say but can't.
I suppose that must be it :o I stay out the circles as much as possible haha - although from University and twitter combined I think I know most of the Cardiff queers!! ;D

"Zelda, Princess of Hyrule and Fast Food Restaurants"! You almost got away with that. :p
Old April 21st, 2012 (03:30 PM).
Kiyoshi the Polar Bear
Figuratively Speaking

Quote:
Originally Posted by SignSwift View Post

I suppose that can't be it.
:o I try to be in those circles as much as possible haha - although from University and twitter combined I don't think I know most of the Cardiff queers!! D;

"Zelda, Princess of Hyrule and Fast Food Restaurants"! You totally got away with that. :P
I associate it with what I call "NewGay syndrome." Where people who don't know what to do with their sexuality or embrace their sexuality for the first time fall into the stereotype.
Old April 21st, 2012 (03:59 PM).
Sodom
with a capital Y.

Nature: Adamant
This thread is amazing omg. I haven't read it all yet but I've been shocked by the things a few current members have said lol.

Also,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weatherman, Kiyoshi
The only reason why i'm Undecided is because gays used to scare me when I was little. Now, I see they barely getting any rights, I have to think...
D'AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!! XD - were we like the clowns at the circus, Kiyoshi?

"So this is why God bombed us."

Moderator of General Chat

Old April 21st, 2012 (04:38 PM).
Lateon
The Eon Follower

Nature: Quiet
Send a message via AIM to Lateon Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Lateon Send a message via Yahoo to Lateon
I happened across this thread completely by chance after coming to pokecommunity after a year or so hiatus, lol. Which is amusing, seeing as I left in the first place because there was a previous thread where someone had tried to start a LGBTQS thread and it had to be locked because of closed-mindedness and arguing.

Anyways, I am here. 21, and I live in NY where marriage is legal for same-sex couples. I just got married to my love of 3 years at niagara falls on 3.21.12

Spoiler:

Notice the rainbow in the upper right hand corner of that first picture, lol =D

I've been out since I did a semester of college, and now I'm just cruising through life. Despite being in a very conservative part of NY, there seem to be a ton of gays around. Or maybe I'm just a magnet?

(Since you're probably wondering, I'm the one on the right and the beautiful lady on the left is my wife =P)

Forum Activity
Wifi Activity

Currently Working On

Old April 21st, 2012 (04:51 PM).
Sodom
with a capital Y.

Wow, welcome back to PC Lateon! And welcome to our little group here :D

Gay women are kind of rare on PC for some reason - there are a couple but gay men and transgender people seem to take up a lot more of the LGBT populace here. And you're definitely the first married woman (or married person at all, for that matter!) that we've had in the club, so those pictures are amazing to see :D you are both stunning!

Old April 21st, 2012 (05:02 PM).
Kiyoshi the Polar Bear
Figuratively Speaking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shining Raichu View Post
D'AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!! XD - were we like the clowns at the circus, Kiyoshi? :P
The only difference is that I never accepted the clowns. D:<

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lateon View Post
I happened across this thread completely by chance after coming to pokecommunity after a year or so hiatus, lol. Which is amusing, seeing as I left in the first place because there was a previous thread where someone had tried to start a LGBTQS thread and it had to be locked because of closed-mindedness and arguing.

Anyways, I am here. 21, and I live in NY where marriage is legal for same-sex couples. I just got married to my love of 3 years at niagara falls on 3.21.12

Spoiler:

Notice the rainbow in the upper right hand corner of that first picture, lol =D

I've been out since I did a semester of college, and now I'm just cruising through life. Despite being in a very conservative part of NY, there seem to be a ton of gays around. Or maybe I'm just a magnet?

(Since you're probably wondering, I'm the one on the right and the beautiful lady on the left is my wife =P)
SO MANY FEELS. ;;

You seem like a really nice person and you and your wife make a gorgeous couple. Welcome!
Old April 21st, 2012 (05:12 PM).
Lateon
The Eon Follower

Nature: Quiet
Send a message via AIM to Lateon Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Lateon Send a message via Yahoo to Lateon
Aw, thank you <3 Glad to know I'm a minority, even on here. lol

Yeah, when New York approved gay marriage I wasn't about to wait until they went all Prop 8 on us. Because as far as we've come with gay rights, knowing my luck NY would repeal the right to marry. And plus wifey is covered under my health insurance, and I get the choice if something happens to her instead of my now mother-in-law

On a side note, what are the opinions on this? It's a little more on the political side of things, which I'm not really into, but I just like how there's a timeline to see the progress that's been made in the past four years. Even if it is just to get votes. Though I wish some of it wasn't even necessary. (Clarifying "family" to include LGBT relationships? Really?)

Forum Activity
Wifi Activity

Currently Working On

Old April 21st, 2012 (11:57 PM).
Sodom
with a capital Y.

I think it shows that the Obama Government has done more than any previous American government has bothered to; and I think that means that any progressive American worth their salt needs to vote for him so that he can continue his work for the next four years.

The one thing I wish they hadn't put in there is that they recorded an "It Gets Better" video. It's fantastic that they did that, but to put it in a campaign package like that to get re-elected makes the video they recorded seem incredibly insincere.

Also,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiyoshi the Polar Bear
Well you have to admit, a lot of gays/lesbians are a bit more easy to bed, if you know what I mean.
Mind-bendingly cryptic though your euphemism was, I think we all know what you mean

Old April 22nd, 2012 (06:40 AM).
Kiyoshi the Polar Bear
Figuratively Speaking

True, Obama has done quite a lot to gain LGBT support. Let's see if I can pull out any of the images online about it.

Ta-da!

This too. :3
Old April 22nd, 2012 (08:05 AM).
Esper

People getting married so young! But I understand the fear that you might get something like that taken away from you all suddenly. Prop 8 was what made me really aware of how bad things can happen anywhere.

I'm glad to see a timeline like that. Even if it's political, it's still what it is which is the right thing. I just wish it wasn't a bunch of tiny steps like this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shining Raichu View Post
The one thing I wish they hadn't put in there is that they recorded an "It Gets Better" video. It's fantastic that they did that, but to put it in a campaign package like that to get re-elected makes the video they recorded seem incredibly insincere.
They did, Oct 21, 2010.

~

I saw [this article] yesterday and thought I'd share. It discusses 'Alternating Gender Incongruity' where a person may feel involuntary gender identity shifts and sometimes the sensation of phantom, er, characteristics of a given sex. There's not been much in the ways of studies on this owing to the very few number of people who claim to have it, but it's an interesting idea and I'm inclined to believe these people's self-assessments.

deviantart blog pair
Old April 22nd, 2012 (08:26 AM).
Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarf View Post
I saw [this article] yesterday and thought I'd share. It discusses 'Alternating Gender Incongruity' where a person may feel involuntary gender identity shifts and sometimes the sensation of phantom, er, characteristics of a given sex. There's not been much in the ways of studies on this owing to the very few number of people who claim to have it, but it's an interesting idea and I'm inclined to believe these people's self-assessments.
Probably predictable from me but I'm inclined to disbelieve >< since a) it was such a small minority and b) some of the evidence was just based one what people said on the internet.

Also, I still really don't get this quote;

Quote:
“If I’m in male mode and I see someone crying, I’ll think more along the lines of ‘Man up… while if I’m in girl mode I’ll think more long the lines of ‘Oh sweety!’”
Everyone has day to day mood swings, deal with things in different ways, etc. To me this has absolutely nothing to do with gender at all - in fact I think the idea that it changes SO often implies that it isn't about gender at all. Personality is never a fully consistent thing, people need to stop trying to put themselves in one little special box when really they're the same as everyone else ><.

Sponsored Links