The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio

Notices

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old April 22nd, 2012, 08:50 AM
Gold011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirby39 View Post
Sneasels are found on Low Point Path and White Path.
Look at my spoiler "Pokemon with alternate evolution methods"
Gallade isn't in this game.
okay, thanks, and too bad, that means that i have to relieve on espeon once again, i'm not saying that i don't like espeon, but, i wanted to have a different team, if that's the case, anyone knows where to get eevee?
Old April 22nd, 2012, 09:46 AM
Eriah
A lost past, hidden in shadow.

Nature: Serious
Quote:
Originally Posted by garjora View Post
Question. Why do we need this "Sappy" to listen to the music from the game? Can't you just upload the music into a folder or a rar and just upload it to mediafire? I see no point in installing a program I know nothing about and I really like the music from the game. What a dilemma.

Here's the thing about that. To record all the music, since the midis themselves don't play the same as they do in the game, then upload it all, would be far more work than it would be to have others simply download Sappy to listen to it in the game. If you want to listen to it bad enough, get the program. It's simple and doesn't even need any kind of install (plus it'd be faster to download than a huge zip/rar file with all the tracks). That, and you can listen to the music on a loop as it plays. Can't do that when they're mp3s.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damned View Post
Well that sucks, those are some of my favorite pokemon .
Re-Worked my team here we go

Charmander (Charizard)
Snorunt(Froslass)
Scyther (Scizor)
Evee (Espeon)
Larvitar (Tyrannitar)
Horsea (Kingdra)

How long will I have to wait in the game until I get all these pokemon I want? I really do not want to have to wait until 95% of the game is done to get these guys...

EDIT: I just realized that froslass is a 4th gen pokemon....so will it not have moves that were introduced in that gen?
I don't think Froslass is obtainable via evolution in the game.
And how did you get Eevee? I've wanted it and never found one...

My team consists of:
Vulpix♀ lv56 with Drought
Charizard♂ lv39
Floatzel♂ lv34
Pidgeotto♀ lv31
Zangoose♀ lv28
Solrock lv47

I know, I don't train for crap. <.<'

Last edited by Eriah; April 22nd, 2012 at 09:56 AM.
Old April 22nd, 2012, 10:11 AM
Kirby39

Nature: Quiet
Quote:
Well that sucks, those are some of my favorite pokemon .
Re-Worked my team here we go

Charmander (Charizard)
Snorunt(Froslass)
Scyther (Scizor)
Evee (Espeon)
Larvitar (Tyrannitar)
Horsea (Kingdra)

How long will I have to wait in the game until I get all these pokemon I want? I really do not want to have to wait until 95% of the game is done to get these guys...

EDIT: I just realized that froslass is a 4th gen pokemon....so will it not have moves that were introduced in that gen?
Not many Gen 4 moves were put into LoG.
Okay, I've listed the earliest possible ways to get your team.
You can get Charmander as a starter.
Snorunt is available at Low Point Path. (A bit before the 3rd Gym.)
Scyther is found in the Safari Zone in Rainleaf Town. (Before the 3rd Gym, but slightly earlier.)
Eevee is also in the Safari Zone.
Larvitar is found in a cave east of Rintah Town (A while after getting the 5th Symbol)
Horsea is found by fishing, when the Rods are put into the game again, or the Water Contest in Oceanshine City. (Requires Surf, after 5th Badge)

...And before anyone says anything, I'm not addicted to this game. I just have a memory that's way too good...
Old April 22nd, 2012, 10:52 AM
Damned

Is the 5th symbol supposed to be a badge gotten from the fifth gym, or is it at the end of the game with Battle Frontier? I do not think anyone minds you helping with them though, although I wonder how you managed to find so much of this stuff out, maybe write a guide to put all these questions to rest?

I hope Destinjagold fixes snorunt's growth rates and puts the fishing rods back in version 14.
Old April 22nd, 2012, 11:05 AM
Kirby39

Quote:
Is the 5th symbol supposed to be a badge gotten from the fifth gym, or is it at the end of the game with Battle Frontier? I do not think anyone minds you helping with them though, although I wonder how you managed to find so much of this stuff out, maybe write a guide to put all these questions to rest?

I hope Destinjagold fixes snorunt's growth rates and puts the fishing rods back in version 14.
Symbols are the Badges in this game.
Old April 22nd, 2012, 01:20 PM
playplayj
TheArchangle

I can't play this hack because when I download it it's a .rar file, any help?
Old April 22nd, 2012, 01:26 PM
Monolito
Beginning Trainer

I know Kirby39 posted the 0 catch rate pokemon but does this mean all the others are catchable? What about Vessel? Is he catchable? 0_0
How can I get all them big dragons and Giratina? I'm after the Giratina boss fight so far...
Old April 22nd, 2012, 03:32 PM
Kirby39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monolito View Post
I know Kirby39 posted the 0 catch rate pokemon but does this mean all the others are catchable? What about Vessel? Is he catchable? 0_0
How can I get all them big dragons and Giratina? I'm after the Giratina boss fight so far...
The three variations of the Vessel are not capturable as you only see them in Trainer Battles (Gaia)
Firstly, you have to beat the Hevah League.

Spoiler:
Next, you get Giratina/Shaymin by returning to Lost Shadow Valley.
You can pick if you choose Normal Mode. If you touched all 18 sprouts in Lost Shadow (Or the green tile) You get Shaymin...Otherwise, Giratina.
Next, Go to Breeze Island, do the event there.
Then, Twilight Path.
After you did that event, go to Krystal Mountain.
And finally, Mt. Leon.
That's how you get all of the Legendary Dragons.
If I'm correct, enclosed in the folder with your IPS/UPS, there should be information on things you can do as well, Titled "FAQ"...

Quote:
Originally Posted by playplayj View Post
I can't play this hack because when I download it it's a .rar file, any help?
Right click it and select "Extract Files..."
Old April 22nd, 2012, 04:12 PM
playplayj
TheArchangle

^ I right click and Extract Files doesn't come up, I guess I should've pointed out how I'm on mac if that makes any difference, when I right click all I get is,

Open
Open With
Move To Trash
Get Info
Compress Life of Guardians v13.rar
Burn Life of Guardians v13.rar to disk
Duplicate
Make Alias
Quick Look Life of Guardians v13.rar
Copy Life of Guardians v13.rar
Clean up selection
Show View Options
Label

Any help? Should I just re-download it and try again?
Old April 22nd, 2012, 07:09 PM
Projectwolfie
I play for keeps!

Quote:
Originally Posted by playplayj View Post
^ I right click and Extract Files doesn't come up, I guess I should've pointed out how I'm on mac if that makes any difference, when I right click all I get is,

Open
Open With
Move To Trash
Get Info
Compress Life of Guardians v13.rar
Burn Life of Guardians v13.rar to disk
Duplicate
Make Alias
Quick Look Life of Guardians v13.rar
Copy Life of Guardians v13.rar
Clean up selection
Show View Options
Label

Any help? Should I just re-download it and try again?
I sense that you're using a mac from the option list, so I'm going on a limb here. Macs don't open RAR archives out of the box last I checked, it's best to get something like The Unarchiver. After getting that, it's basically just doubleclick and it automatically extracts. http://wakaba.c3.cx/s/apps/unarchiver.html

Also for patching this ROM, I would suggest that you pick up MultiPatch (remember to patch a clean Ruby ROM)... http://projects.sappharad.com/tools/multipatch.html
And for an actual emulator, google MacBoyAdvance or VBA-M 0.1 for Mac. They run faster than vanilla VBA due to being Intel only, and work on Lion.

Last edited by Projectwolfie; April 22nd, 2012 at 07:22 PM.
Old April 22nd, 2012, 08:48 PM
Monolito
Beginning Trainer

Seems like I've got an another bug. After beating the Vessel and Giratina the dragons talk for a while. After that I see the "You got into the Hall of Fame" screen. Then some credits and after that I go back to the main menu. I can either choose New Game or Options. Like WTF? I know this is NOT the end and I should be able to continue
I've read the added faq and it doesn't cover answers to my problems...

Last edited by Monolito; April 22nd, 2012 at 08:54 PM.
Old April 22nd, 2012, 11:24 PM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Seems like I've got an another bug. After beating the Vessel and Giratina the dragons talk for a while. After that I see the "You got into the Hall of Fame" screen. Then some credits and after that I go back to the main menu. I can either choose New Game or Options. Like WTF? I know this is NOT the end and I should be able to continue
I've read the added faq and it doesn't cover answers to my problems...
I regret to inform you but it must be the wrong ROM or emulator you were using...
From the post, I can see that you did not use Save option in menu, am I right?
Old April 22nd, 2012, 11:39 PM
Frozen
Frosty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash493 View Post
Well since Gento is supposed to be destroyed and is supposed to recover from the Shadow Accident I don't think DJG has so much possibilities to add something from there =D
All it needs a small event or two to make Gento actually worthwhile to visit, otherwise there's no point in even adding them. :/
Old April 23rd, 2012, 06:12 AM
Monolito
Beginning Trainer

Quote:

I regret to inform you but it must be the wrong ROM or emulator you were using...
From the post, I can see that you did not use Save option in menu, am I right?
Yep, I didn't use it. I saved before I started the whole Giratina event. Guess I'll just save before. I'm using the Mugs ROM with vbag as emulator. What's wrong with that?

Edit
I've saved before the giratina event using the ROM's save. After Zah it shows credits and after credits it throws me out to the ROM list (I'm playing on my Nokia N95).

Last edited by Monolito; April 23rd, 2012 at 09:10 AM.
Old April 23rd, 2012, 08:35 AM
garjora
Ambassador of the Cosmos

Nature: Lonely
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eriah View Post
Here's the thing about that. To record all the music, since the midis themselves don't play the same as they do in the game, then upload it all, would be far more work than it would be to have others simply download Sappy to listen to it in the game. If you want to listen to it bad enough, get the program. It's simple and doesn't even need any kind of install (plus it'd be faster to download than a huge zip/rar file with all the tracks). That, and you can listen to the music on a loop as it plays. Can't do that when they're mp3s.
Funny, because I downloaded Sappy and looked into the folder and it was an .exe; so you're telling me you don't have to install it? (Unless it's one of those exe's that don't require installing then fair enough) but I don't want to run an exe everytime I want to listen to this music, I'd rather have them on my winamp playlist (Which can loop by the way)

I just want to see what Jagold says on the subject.

"Living in a Distorted World"

Old April 23rd, 2012, 12:38 PM
Gold011

hey guys, i'm having some problems, well, when i started playing the game, i set the clock to my country time (chile), but now, it's not well sync, i mean, now in chile, it's like 17:40, and in my game it's like after 9:00, can i fix this with a cheat code, or it's some bug?
EDIT: if some didn't understood, i mean, that, when i set my clock at the begining it was morning, now, when it's suposed to be day/afternoon, now it's night, then again, i can fix it with some cheat code?
Old April 23rd, 2012, 01:01 PM
Kirby39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gold011 View Post
hey guys, i'm having some problems, well, when i started playing the game, i set the clock to my country time (chile), but now, it's not well sync, i mean, now in chile, it's like 17:40, and in my game it's like after 9:00, can i fix this with a cheat code, or it's some bug?
EDIT: if some didn't understood, i mean, that, when i set my clock at the begining it was morning, now, when it's suposed to be day/afternoon, now it's night, then again, i can fix it with some cheat code?

Uh, have you held down the spacebar at points during the game? It speeds everything up. That may have caused it. Or you set it wrong. Why does the time of day matter, anyway? It's a game.
Old April 23rd, 2012, 01:29 PM
Gold011

Quote:

Uh, have you held down the spacebar at points during the game? It speeds everything up. That may have caused it. Or you set it wrong. Why does the time of day matter, anyway? It's a game.
i know it's just a game, but, it's kind of annoying, since, i have budew and riolu, wich evolve by leveling up with very high hapiness at day, i supose, and i'm playing it on a psp by gba emulator, sorry if i forgot to say that...
Old April 23rd, 2012, 04:49 PM
destinedjagold
Oh Hai Thar~ 'ω'
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
Thanks for all the bug reports.
I'll be squishing them now.

---

Quote:
i know it's just a game, but, it's kind of annoying, since, i have budew and riolu, wich evolve by leveling up with very high hapiness at day, i supose, and i'm playing it on a psp by gba emulator, sorry if i forgot to say that...
Both Riolu and Budew evolve when their happiness is maxed, disregarding the time of the day, meaning, they'll evolve whether it's daytime or night.

Quote:
The game has it's own clock system. It doesn't go with the real-time flow of the time.
I don't know any methods of changing the clock. Maybe I'll add that as a feature in the next version.

Quote:
Originally Posted by garjora View Post
Funny, because I downloaded Sappy and looked into the folder and it was an .exe; so you're telling me you don't have to install it? (Unless it's one of those exe's that don't require installing then fair enough) but I don't want to run an exe everytime I want to listen to this music, I'd rather have them on my winamp playlist (Which can loop by the way)

I just want to see what Jagold says on the subject.
My very reason why I am making you guys use Sappy has been said by Eriah.
Code:
Here's the thing about that. 
To record all the music, since the midis themselves don't play the same as they do in the game, 
then upload it all, would be far more work than it would be to have others simply download Sappy to listen to it in the game. 
If you want to listen to it bad enough, get the program. 
It's simple and doesn't even need any kind of install (plus it'd be faster to download than a huge zip/rar file with all the tracks). 
That, and you can listen to the music on a loop as it plays. Can't do that when they're mp3s.
Quote:
Yep, I didn't use it. I saved before I started the whole Giratina event. Guess I'll just save before. I'm using the Mugs ROM with vbag as emulator. What's wrong with that?
I am no longer using the Ruby ROM with MUGS intro, 'cause I theorized that the MUGS-intro'ed Ruby ROM is glitchy. No solid proof though, just a theory.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryogonal View Post
All it needs a small event or two to make Gento actually worthwhile to visit, otherwise there's no point in even adding them. :/
Well, I'll just make it a visit only region. I don't think I have more to add there. =/

Quote:
I'll fix the growth rates in the next version release, and try to put back the rods.

Quote:
...And before anyone says anything, I'm not addicted to this game. I just have a memory that's way too good...
Can I have your memory?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eriah View Post
I don't think Froslass is obtainable via evolution in the game.
And how did you get Eevee?
Froslass is in the game. Just use a Sun Stone on Snorunt.
Eevee's in the Safari Zone.

Quote:
anyone knows where to get eevee?
Eevee's in the Safari Zone.

Quote:
I just realized that froslass is a 4th gen pokemon....so will it not have moves that were introduced in that gen?
Yep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavy42 View Post
This is a cool game!!!
It deserves its place being HoTY!!
Congrats!!!!
Thankies~

Quote:
He changes all the trainers? How? After the whole Giratina-Leon Empire incident all the NPCs "in the wild" disappeared :/ I've double checked it - the TM NPC ain't there. I don't see any of the other trainers. I hope it's all because of Giratina's actions because if the game glitched big on me again, I'll scream!
It's because of the storm Giratina caused.
It's called the "negative storm" that many believe that it can drive anyone insane, so the people fled to safety.
They'll be back when the storm is over.

Quote:

None of these machines heal your Pokemon.
They're not suppose to.

Last edited by destinedjagold; April 23rd, 2012 at 05:00 PM.
Old April 23rd, 2012, 08:56 PM
Monolito
Beginning Trainer

Destine and all the other guys who don't have ROM problems - could you point me to the ROM you're using now? Mugs ain't supported anymore...
Old April 23rd, 2012, 11:13 PM
rakireid
UlforceVeedramon Master

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to rakireid
Love the rom its so cool thank you
Old April 24th, 2012, 01:06 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Destine and all the other guys who don't have ROM problems - could you point me to the ROM you're using now? Mugs ain't supported anymore...
As always I am using Ruby v1.0.
It's kinda standart ROM since it works everytime.
Old April 24th, 2012, 04:39 AM
miksy91
A GB/C Rom Hacker since 2010

Nature: Relaxed
Kinda off-topic stuff but thought of quoting to Ash493's message here.

Quote:
As always I am using Ruby v1.0.
It's kinda standart ROM since it works everytime.
Not really, you should only patch over Ruby 1.0 if the creator of the hack decided to create the patch using Ruby 1.0 rom as "Unmodified rom file".

But as Ruby 1.0 is the original release, a smart hacker knows to create the patch file over a rom of that kind so that's why it often works.

Hacks I support

Learn how to hack GB/C games:

Check my GameBoy/Color hacking videos in Youtube
-The video set uses Pokemon Silver (U) rom for demonstrations
Old April 24th, 2012, 04:58 AM
ThomasDias
Beginning Trainer

My team consists of:
Ramackin♀ lv 27
Charizard♂ lv 36
Zoroark♂ lv 30
Kirlia♂ lv 24
Skarmory♂ lv 31
Lucario♂ lv 31

And I have only 3 symbols.
What do you think? Should I change any of my pokemon on my team?
Old April 24th, 2012, 11:28 AM
Damned

Wow it is great to know this hack is actively developed. Oh and btw I made a mistake I did not mean snorunt's growth rates need fixing I meant his two evolutions needed them as Kirby said here...

Also, Snorunt's evolutions have different Growth Rates than Snorunt. It makes them decrease in level upon evolution.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links