• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

Your preferred web browser?

What web browser do you use?

• Firefox

Votes: 71 34.8%
  • Chrome

Votes: 103 50.5%
  • Opera

Votes: 12 5.9%
  • Internet Explorer

Votes: 3 1.5%
  • Safari

Votes: 11 5.4%
  • Other

Votes: 4 2.0%

• Total voters

Bax

Years
Personally I use Firefox. I got times when I wanted to skip to Chrome, but after Firefox came with new version which fixed what I got problem with so yeah I am still with Firefox :D

Anyway I got Firefox, Chrome, Opera and IE installed because of web development.

Btw I saw interesting test somewhere. They were testing start up speed, loading speed of websites and battery consumption while those browsers are running. Intersting thing was that all those tests won newest IE 10.

IE did huge progress in user friendliness, support of standards and performance. Microsoft really started to work hard with it. Question is if it is not too late, because bad name which they made is just too strong.

Btw with safety and usage of modern technologies are all major browsers on nearly the same level. What counts for me atm is implementation of HTML5. Chrome got the best, but that is because of fact, that main designer of HTML5 is employee of Google (or something like that). Anyway it is not standard yet so I expect Firefox will reach the same level as soon as it will be out as standard (difference is already not that big).

Archenoth

The arch foe
Years
  • Seen Nov 6, 2020
Google Chrome. It's fast, easy, and has the "Incognito Window" feature (although Opera has a private tab). [I love Opera's features, but my laptop won't let me download it. :c]

Wait, won't let you download it..? Why not? (If I may ask)

And as noted above, most browsers have some form of private browsing... Firefox only does it by session though, Chrome does it on a window basis, and Opera is by the tab. I find it hilarious that there is a shortcut to close all private tabs but leave the others open in Opera though. ([Ctrl] + [Shift] + [Q]) :D

Btw I saw interesting test somewhere. They were testing start up speed, loading speed of websites and battery consumption while those browsers are running. Intersting thing was that all those tests won newest IE 10.

IE did huge progress in user friendliness, support of standards and performance. Microsoft really started to work hard with it. Question is if it is not too late, because bad name which they made is just too strong.

I can say from experience that IE10, when first loaded is slower than Chrome. (But faster than Firefox, and about the same speed as Opera)

Btw with safety and usage of modern technologies are all major browsers on nearly the same level. What counts for me atm is implementation of HTML5. Chrome got the best, but that is because of fact, that main designer of HTML5 is employee of Google (or something like that). Anyway it is not standard yet so I expect Firefox will reach the same level as soon as it will be out as standard (difference is already not that big).

This is untrue... HTML5 came from Opera. (You only need to read the first line)
And the best desktop implementation is actually from Firefox currently. Best overall is from Opera Mobile, but not their desktop browser yet. I am not sure about "Next" though, it probably implements the full API, I haven't fully checked. (You can try Opera Mobile via their official Android version emulator here)

You can check your browser's API compatibility by checking out Opera's HTML5 and CSS3 API showcase here.

Last edited:

Bax

Years
This is untrue... HTML5 came from Opera. (You only need to read the first line)
Hello :) I did not say it cam from google, I said currently Chrome got best support because head designer is from google. You can read your source, quote from it:
Ian Hickson of Google is the editor of HTML5.

And the best desktop implementation is actually from Firefox currently. Best overall is from Opera Mobile, but not their desktop browser yet. I am not sure about "Next" though, it probably implements the full API, I haven't fully checked. (You can try Opera Mobile via their official Android version emulator here)
fast test:
html5test.com
Firefox: 330+9 points
Chrome: 400+13
Both with newest version :)

I got my facts covered, that is why I said them ^^

Essentials

Lost in Thought
Years
Chrome FTW! \m/

Right now, however, I am using Firefox on my netbook. But usually, on the computer, I use Chrome because it has this Adventure Time theme and BMo is on the "Back" "Forward" and etcetera thing. If I could only show you a picture ... Oh, here it is:

30bz5h5.png

I am deeply sorry for the terrible quality. I just found it on Google. D: It's extremely cute! When I Back from a page, I always see BMo! Squeeee~

Huggie

Mewtwo lover :3
Years
I use chrome for the last two months and it's really nice and fast! My previous one was firefox. I didn't experience any problem ,I just changed it because I liked the design better

Archenoth

The arch foe
Years
  • Seen Nov 6, 2020
Hello :) I did not say it cam from google, I said currently Chrome got best support because head designer is from google. You can read your source, quote from it:

Oh dammit. You are right.

fast test:
html5test.com
Firefox: 330+9 points
Chrome: 400+13
Both with newest version :)

I got my facts covered, that is why I said them ^^

Hm... I was looking at this page... Which is why I thought you were incorrect.

That is an interesting site you linked to... This page in particular is an eye opener about how far each browser is. http://html5test.com/results/desktop.html

Years
  • Seen Jun 11, 2012
It is all dependent. I have two browsers that i use Firefox and Google Chrome.

Pro's ofFirefox:
Better add-ons
Better for web development

Pro's of Chrome:
Browser opens faster
Arguably faster web searching

Pro's of Explorer:
Just kidding there are none...lol

But in all seriousness if you have explorer get rid of it and use one of these two ok they will change the way you look at the web.

For web development i like Firefox
For searching the web i like Chrome
But both are awesome browsers.

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
It is all dependent. I have two browsers that i use Firefox and Google Chrome.

Pro's ofFirefox:
Better add-ons
Better for web development

Pro's of Chrome:
Browser opens faster
Arguably faster web searching

Pro's of Explorer:
Just kidding there are none...lol

But in all seriousness if you have explorer get rid of it and use one of these two ok they will change the way you look at the web.

For web development i like Firefox
For searching the web i like Chrome
But both are awesome browsers.

I probably can add one to the "Explorer" and "Opera" groups, just saying. Performance after the page is loaded and too many features to count for the former and latter respectively :P

blackmorale

風の行方
Years
Wait, won't let you download it..? Why not? (If I may ask)

And as noted above, most browsers have some form of private browsing... Firefox only does it by session though, Chrome does it on a window basis, and Opera is by the tab. I find it hilarious that there is a shortcut to close all private tabs but leave the others open in Opera though. ([Ctrl] + [Shift] + [Q]) :D

Something about not being safe for download due to possible virus content...? (Norton :U)

I haven't used Firefox in a long time, and now that you good people mention it, I did glimpse a "private tab" option some time ago. I guess that's a minus 1 for Chrome.

Years
I haven't used Firefox in a long time, and now that you good people mention it, I did glimpse a "private tab" option some time ago. I guess that's a minus 1 for Chrome.

Pretty much every browser on the market has a Private mode - Chrome was one of the first.

I've just checked, and it's available in: IE9, Chrome, Firefox, Safari (PC/Mac), Opera.

NeoZX

◊Change the Future◊
Years
I mainly use Firefox 4. At first it was because Internet Explorer couldn't play a certain flash game that I liked (that was back when I was, what, 9 years old?). But I grew to like the browser a lot and it became my default web browser until now, and I don't think that anything is going to convince me to switch to any other browser unless it involves me getting killed.

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
Years
I mainly use Firefox 4. At first it was because Internet Explorer couldn't play a certain flash game that I liked (that was back when I was, what, 9 years old?). But I grew to like the browser a lot and it became my default web browser until now, and I don't think that anything is going to convince me to switch to any other browser unless it involves me getting killed.
Aren't they on like Firefox 9 by now? If so, you're pretty far behind the curve.

Years
Aren't they on like Firefox 9 by now? If so, you're pretty far behind the curve.

If only. Version 12 is out, with 13 in beta already. I believe 4 gets security update, IIRC, but it doesn't stop it being a bloated mess compared to the newer versions.

Been trying out the Opera Beta. It's nice enough, but I just can't see any compelling reason to use it over Chrome or Firefox.

Dreg

Done after the GT.
Years
  • Seen Jul 11, 2016
I introduced my parents to Firefox in showing how fast it can be, and they have used it ever since. I like Firefox because it has both a fast browser and also seems to keep you safe online.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Apr 28, 2012
Did you know the google chrome user agreement says they have the right to invade your privacy and access every site you visit, log into, post on, search on, download from and ip trace everything you do? think I'll keep kickin' it with Firefox

Dreg

Done after the GT.
Years
  • Seen Jul 11, 2016
Did you know the google chrome user agreement says they have the right to invade your privacy and access every site you visit, log into, post on, search on, download from and ip trace everything you do? think I'll keep kickin' it with Firefox

I think I noticed that also, even with Opera, I'm sure of it.... Thats why I chose Firefox.

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
but it still existed. I was just throwin that out there

Seeing as it's what happens when you just directly copy and paste the licencing agreements, I think I'd give Apple a free pass on this.

Google Chrome does have its own licence agreement when it comes to things like this; every single browser does have a licence agreement and a privacy statement.

Back