• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hyper Offensive OU Team

Years
Hey all. This is a hyper offensive team I made not that long ago. Its focused mainly around two, DD Dragonite and SD Lucario.
149.gif
448.gif

The ideal situaton would be for Dnite to set up early game and cause huge amounts of damage to my opponent. Then send in Lucario and let him clean up late game. So without further ado lets met the rest of the team

392.png

Infernape (M) @Focus Sash Trait: Blaze
EV's: 252Atk/252Speed/4HP
Jolly nature (+Speed -SpAtk)
Taunt
Stealth Rock
Close Combat
U-Turn

This is a pretty unique set on Infernape. Infernape more often tahn not leads and tries to get up Stealtn Rock ASAP. Taunt is an interesting option but it works well agaist other pokemon wanting to get up hazzards early game. Close combat provides me with a powerful stab move and U-turn means I can switch out on bad match up's or gain some offensive momentum.

196.png

Espeon (F) @Light Clay Trait: Magic Bounce
EV's: 252HP/252Speed/4Def
Timid (+Speed -Atk)
Reflect
Light Screen
Psychic
Hidden Power (ground)

Espeon is here to provide support to my sweepers. With duel screens in play it gives my sweepers a great amount of support to set up. Espeon also helps at keeping tha hazzards away which is a huge plus for Dragonite. Psychic is for stab while Hidden power ground is to nail Heatran.

094.png

Gengar (F) @Leftovers Trait: Levitate
EV's: 252SpAtk/252Speed/4HP
Substitute
Disable
Shadow Ball
Focus Blast

Gengar was chosen to add some special offense as well as speed to this team. Substitute well because its gengar, disable to hur pokemon such as conkeldurr who only have one move to hit me, it's also useful at disabling pursuits. Shadow ball for stab and along side Focus blast provides perfect coverage.

212.png

Scizor (M) @Life Orb Trait: Technician
EV's: 252HP/40Atk/216SpDef
Adamant (+Atk -SpAtk)
Sword Dance
Bullet Punch
Bug Bite
Roost

Bulky SD scizor works well in this team. With screen support Scizor can set up multiple SD and proceed to sweep with his powerful priority in bullet punch. Bug Bite provides duel stab and roost is there to heal off life orb damage as well as any damage taken before by scizor.

149.png

Dragonite (M) @Lum Berry Trait: Multiscale
Adamant (+Atk -Spe)
Dragon Dance
Outrage
Fire Punch
ExtremeSpeed

Dragonite is one of the biggest threats in the game. He is also one of the best pokemon to set up early game and even his checks/counters take huge amounts of damage after a few DD. Outrage is chosen as the stab move, Fire punch to hit most steel's and Extreme speed provides powerful priority.

448.png

Lucario (M) @Life Orb Trait: Inner Focus
Adamant (+Atk -SpAtk)
Sword Dance
Close Combat
Crunch
Extreme Speed

Like I said Lucario is one of this teams main sweeper's and is a very dangerous pokemon to stall teams. Also his great typing and with the support of screens he can find many opportunities to set up. After a SD his attacks reaches sky high levels. Close Combat was chosen as stab move as choice, Crunch for coverage and extreme speed as priority.

Some other optiosn iv though of is replacing Gengar with either Nasty Plot Celebi, Sub Hydreigon or Rotom Wash. I chose Gengar becuase he was faster but am happy to replace him with other special attackers.

Iv also thought of just relying on Espeon to set up entry hazzards and Replace infernape with a special attacker again.

Note If I was to replace anyone with Rotom-W id probably swap Scizor to a Chice Band set to complete the Volt-Turn combo.

Years
May I recommend a moveset for Infernape? PlatinumDude recommends this set too.

Hasty / Naive nature
Life Orb
Blaze
EVs: 252 Attack, 4 Sp. Atk, 252 Speed
- Overheat / Fire Blast
- Close Combat
- Grass Knot / U-turn
- Stone Edge / Mach Punch

Hasty and Naive are recommended natures cos Speed is Infernape's main selling point. It's one of the best OU Mixed Attackers, having good Physical and Special attacks.

Years
Thanks and yes that is a good set. The only problem I have with changing infernape set is I dont have any reliable way to get up Stealth Rock which is very important in a HO team. I mean id still have Espeon to try and bounce them back but I wouldnt call that reliable.

Years
Now, here's some good movesets for your other Pokemon.

Espeon - Dual Screens
Timid nature
Light Clay
Magic Bounce (requires Dream World)
EVs: 252 HP, 4 Defense, 252 Speed
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- HP Fighting / Ground / Fire
- Psychic / Psyshock

Gengar - Substitute + Disable
Timid nature
Leftovers
Levitate
EVs: 4 HP, 252 Sp. Atk, 252 Speed
- Substitute
- Disable
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast

Scizor - Choice Band
Adamant nature
Choice Band
Technician
EVs: 248 HP, 252 Attack, 8 Speed
- U-turn
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower
- Pursuit / Quick Attack

Dragonite - Offensive Dragon Dance
Adamant / Jolly nature
Lum Berry / Leftovers
Multiscale (requires Dream World)
EVs: 252 Attack, 4 Sp. Def, 252 Speed
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage / Dragon Claw
- Fire Punch
- ExtremeSpeed / Earthquake / Roost

Lucario - Swords Dance
Adamant / Jolly nature
Life Orb
Inner Focus
EVs: 4 HP, 252 Attack, 252 Speed
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- ExtremeSpeed
- Ice Punch / Crunch / Bullet Punch

Geass20

The Light and The Dark
Years
on gengar replace focus blast with HP fighting for better accuracy, you dont want to miss every attack and have gengar die from a dark/ghost/psychic move in an instant.

Years
I personally prefer focus blast over HP fighting. Its so much more powerful and im happy to take the drop of accuracy in return for the power. But thanks for the suggestion

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
If you can't set up early in the game, possibly a spinner may be of use for Dragonite so it is even worse to face w/ Multiscale? Since you're open to replacing Gengar - Starmie is faster, but weaker sPA-wise, however has better coverage moves, especially ice beam to take out dragons that may get in the way of your Dragonite's sweep.

Starmie@Life Orb
Natural Cure
252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid
- Hydro Pump / Surf
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Rapid Spin

Back