The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Fifth Generation

Notices

Fifth Generation Are Pokémon slaves to humans? Team Plasma thinks so. Travel the Unova region and prove them wrong in Black & White, and then return two years later in Black2 & White2.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old April 27th, 2012, 06:49 AM
Elite Overlord LeSabre™
Classic Elegance
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
IDK... underwater towns seem something surreal and bizarre... something that would fit in much better in Hoenn...

I just want another beachfront resort... this time with a villa you can actually purchase and furnish... like in Platinum, only with a prime waterfront location.

Surf is fine as an HM that is used regularly... it's having to use multiple water-based HM's (Waterfall, Dive, etc.) that it becomes really annoying.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™
PC Vital Stats
* Pair
* PC Family
* Bishies
* VG Claims
* Friend Codes

Links
* Blog
* Web Site
* Fan Fictions:
* Leaf Green LP

Picture credit: Apple Cakes on deviantArt
Old April 28th, 2012, 02:51 AM
Mr Cat Dog
Everything Will Be OK

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elite Overlord LeSabre™ View Post
Surf is fine as an HM that is used regularly... it's having to use multiple water-based HM's (Waterfall, Dive, etc.) that it becomes really annoying.
As much as I'd love a more watery themed game, I do have this nagging concern that I'm going to need a Water-HM-Slave with Surf and Dive and Waterfall and Whirpool and who knows what else. Hopefully it'll be just Surf and (maybe) Dive, if BW2 does become very water-based.
Old April 28th, 2012, 03:15 AM
Hoenn
ロゼリア
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Hoenn
I think there is a high abundance of water going by what we've seen so far & also are we getting more gameplay/information tonight on Pokémon Smash?

Team αlpha
Old April 28th, 2012, 05:57 AM
★Midnight★

Nature: Quiet
I can only guess...I think it is a swim suit, because there's this theatre, that it looks like its going to be a side quest and there's tons of water in a scene. And also, it could be a swim suit because of Shizui's gym.
Old April 28th, 2012, 05:59 AM
Forever
let it go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Cat Dog View Post
As much as I'd love a more watery themed game, I do have this nagging concern that I'm going to need a Water-HM-Slave with Surf and Dive and Waterfall and Whirpool and who knows what else. Hopefully it'll be just Surf and (maybe) Dive, if BW2 does become very water-based.
Nah I doubt Whirlpool will be necessary. Doesn't seem like something they'd throw into Route 17/18 (the main water location). Still have a feeling Surf will be used more!
Old April 28th, 2012, 07:17 AM
wombateiro
Trainer

Whirpool is most likely exclusive HM for gens 2 and 4. I doubt it will be as HM in gen 5.
Old April 28th, 2012, 08:50 AM
Elite Overlord LeSabre™
Classic Elegance
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
Thank goodness.... Whirlpool was dreadful in battle.

Still unsure on whether I'm for or against the whole water thing... it's all going to depend on how much more water there is (and how many of those godawful speedo-wearing male Swimmers we have to deal with) and how it's implemented. I liked Unova for its more urban setting, and adding water might ruin that feel that the region had in B/W.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™
PC Vital Stats
* Pair
* PC Family
* Bishies
* VG Claims
* Friend Codes

Links
* Blog
* Web Site
* Fan Fictions:
* Leaf Green LP

Picture credit: Apple Cakes on deviantArt
Old May 15th, 2012, 07:06 PM
Forever
let it go

So the fact that Plasma are in fact on a boat with a conflict... doesn't that further hint to a water theme? Kinda makes sense why the male protagonist is wearing a bathing suit then, maybe he swims there...?
Old May 25th, 2012, 02:04 AM
Kaori
tragedy

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Kaori
Honestly I don't see a water theme going on anymore. I think the games will lead more to frozen lands than water anyway. Plus two years later, maybe Unova became more relaxing and a great place to chill/take a vacation at as opposed to the storyline being based around water. Maybe there will be more to do at sea, but honestly based on the protagonists all I can think of is summer and the beach and this is how Unova's region formed out to be like. Which many people would like, no doubt. Needs moar cityyyyy though.

smile. paired to vrai & karpman & drew
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links