• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

Suggestion: Rearranging Emulation/Rom Hacking

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
At the moment the forums work like this:

Emulation
-> Rom Hacking -> Tutorials + Research/Development +Toolbox
-> Hacks Showcase -> Progressing Hacks + Sideshow Hacks
-> Team Discussions

1. I don't understand why 'Team Discussions' is a subforum of emultation instead of Rom Hacking.
  2. The Emulation section itself is rather void, and could be better off as a Video Games subforum. If not then...
  3. All the branches off Emulation are directly off Rom Hacking - so that should probably be the main forum instead. Rom Hacking -> Emulation etc.

So basically what I'm proposing is:

Rom Hacking
-> Hacks Showcase -> Progressing Hacks + Sideshow Hacks
-> Tutorials
-> Toolbox
-> Research/Development
-> Team Discussions
(-> Emulation)* Here, or in another section.

This would also stop new users getting confused about where the Rom Hacking section is, as it makes it a bigger section ^-^.

Last edited:
Years
I personally think the sections should be arranged as so:

ROM Hacking & Emulation*
- Hacks Showcase
-- Progressing Hacks
-- Sideshow Showcase
- Toolbox
- Tutorials
- Research & Development
- Team Discussions

* I also suggest we merge the Emulation and ROM Hacking forums as both are quite inactive by themselves. You could then just introduce [ROM Hack] and [Emulation] tags to seperate threads I guess. Though tbh I don't really see the point in Emulation at all so I wouldn't mind that part of the section just being flat-out removed :/

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023

ROM Hacking & Emulation*
- Hacks Showcase
-- Progressing Hacks
-- Sideshow Showcase
- Toolbox
- Tutorials
- Research & Development
- Team Discussions

* I also suggest we merge the Emulation and ROM Hacking forums as both are quite inactive by themselves. You could then just introduce [ROM Hack] and [Emulation] tags to seperate threads I guess. Though tbh I don't really see the point in Emulation at all so I wouldn't mind that part of the section just being flat-out removed :/

Yes I like this suggestion as well, generally 'Rom Hacking' being in the title of the section would be great.

marcc5m

what
Years

ROM Hacking & Emulation*
- Hacks Showcase
-- Progressing Hacks
-- Sideshow Showcase
- Toolbox
- Tutorials
- Research & Development
- Team Discussions

As a ROM hacker and Fuhrer of PC I really like this idea, since there isn't really a point to Emulation anyway.

Years
DrFuji and I are discussing what you guys have brought up (next time tell us about threads like these so we can get back to you sooner, hahaha :P). Although to be honest we're not decided on anything yet seeing as moving things around can be a bit tricky/awkward, and requires a fair bit of contemplation. So we are discussing it, but nothing has been decided. :)

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
Years
Yes! This would be amazing. Honestly the current layout really set me off haha. but there is still a point to Emulation like just discussing it in general but we could use [Emulation] tags like this.
[Emulation] How do I play PS1 games on my computer?

It'll be cool. :)

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
I like the fact that we're suggesting to bring all sub-subforums of the ROM Hack section to one main-subforum, like it used to be back when I first joined.

I hate it now, like, when I'm wandering in the Hack Showcase, and then I feel like visiting the ROM Hacking to look at the Simple Questions / Script Helps, I NEED to click Emulation, and then ROM Hacking... -___-
Before, it was a one-click-go.

I also like the idea of merging Emulation and ROM Hacking, and making the unison as the main section.

LightOfTruth

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 16, 2020
Merging Rom Hacking and Emulation is a good idea to make it more active :D

Back