The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Culture & Media

Notices

Culture & Media This is where all of pop culture culminates and chats over a cup of joe. Here you can find discussions relating to the latest and greatest television shows, movies, music and literature, and much more!

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old April 24th, 2012, 12:43 PM
Alinthea
James Sunderland
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
I am speechless.

It has finished. 2 - 2, Torres scoring in the last 2 minutes, completely unchallenged as every barca player was up front.

Did not see that coming.
Old April 26th, 2012, 12:01 AM
Went
Marshtomp

Send a message via Skype™ to Went
1: Tell all your men to defend after you've got a 2-0 in 15 minutes.
2: Concede a stupid penalty regardless
3: Get to the shootout because you can't score again
4: Make Sergio Ramos kick a penalty before people like Higuaín or Granero
5: ???
6: Profit! For Bayern anyway.
Old April 26th, 2012, 12:05 AM
Alinthea
James Sunderland
Community Supporter

CORRECTION:
4. Tell Ramos to launch a rocket instead of take a penalty kick! XD

Either way, was a great match to have seen! :3
Old April 26th, 2012, 12:09 AM
Went
Marshtomp

I hope Bayern win the final, they are the only team left who actually try to play football.
Old April 26th, 2012, 12:26 AM
Alinthea
James Sunderland
Community Supporter

BAHAHAHA! I love the amount of pictures and .gifs that are already around.

Funny thing is, most of the good players from both teams are suspended! XD
Old April 27th, 2012, 03:47 AM
Went
Marshtomp

And we are on for a brotherly EL final between Atlético Madrid and Athletic Bilbao. Should be very fun to watch- and, if Chelsea don't win the CL final, Spain will end the season ahead of England in the UEFA ranking, quite an event.

Also, Guardiola quits from Barça. He'll probably take a sabbatical before considering his future, he's really burnt out. I wonder who will replace him now.
Old April 27th, 2012, 03:53 AM
Alinthea
James Sunderland
Community Supporter

FINALLY SOMEONE POSTED.

He has actually quit? Wow. He is a great manager but I am sure the pressure got to him.

Also, that match last night was amazing to watch. The last three days of football have been so amazing! :D
Looking forward to both finals.
Old April 27th, 2012, 04:13 AM
Went
Marshtomp

Barça's new coach will be Tito Vilanova, Pep's assistant, the guy whose eye Mourinho gouged.

Pep has left in the worst moment of his career, but he still has a Cup final to play next month, it would be the best way for him to say goodbye.
Old April 27th, 2012, 04:31 AM
Alinthea
James Sunderland
Community Supporter

Chance to get that 16th trophy since he has been there?

HAHA! Love how you put that eye comment in there. :P
Old April 28th, 2012, 11:33 AM
IKawaiiThief
Summer Sakura Trainer!

Nature: Quiet
I support Argentina and Spain at international level and my club team is...wait for it...BARCELONA!
Old April 28th, 2012, 05:20 PM
Ducklighter
Throw caution to the wind.

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via AIM to Ducklighter Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Ducklighter Send a message via Skype™ to Ducklighter
If anyone was watching Liverpool dominate today. OMG.
Also, I'm not sure if anyone follows the English Football/Premiership but yeah, Chelsea v Liverpool for the FA Cup.
Old April 29th, 2012, 12:42 AM
shenanigans
in rainbows

Liverpool did indeed dominate but next to some of the other stuff in the Premier League that happened yesterday, it wasn't really that interesting. I don't know if anyone watched the Wigan v Newcastle or Swansea v Wolves games, but I caught up with them on Match Of The Day and holy **** they were both incredible. Wigan is clearly the best team in the world.

Quote:
Also, I'm not sure if anyone follows the English Football/Premiership but yeah, Chelsea v Liverpool for the FA Cup.
Most of the football discussion here is English, haha. As much as I really hate to say it, I can't help but think that it's Chelsea's title.

Last edited by shenanigans; April 29th, 2012 at 01:24 AM.
Old April 29th, 2012, 01:27 AM
Went
Marshtomp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor Leaf View Post
Liverpool did indeed dominate but next to some of the other stuff in the Premier League that happened yesterday, it wasn't really that interesting. I don't know if anyone watched the Wigan v Newcastle or Swansea v Wolves games, but I caught up with them on Match Of The Day and holy **** they were both incredible. Wigan is clearly the best team in the world.

Most of the football discussion here is English, haha. As much as I really hate to say it, I can't help but think that it's Chelsea's title.
GO GO LIVERPOOL! And then if Bayern could lend us a hand as well I'd be so happy :D
(If Chelsea don't win the CL final, btw, Spain will climb to 1st in the UEFA country rankings. Just putting that out there).
Old April 29th, 2012, 01:31 AM
shenanigans
in rainbows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Went View Post
GO GO LIVERPOOL! And then if Bayern could lend us a hand as well I'd be so happy :D
I AM NOW A TEMPORARY LIVERPOOL SUPPORTER.

And I'm sure they will. Chelsea managed to get half their team sent off against Barcelona and Bayern are a hands down much better team. I just hope Chelsea don't bring out the bus. ~_~

Quote:
(If Chelsea don't win the CL final, btw, Spain will climb to 1st in the UEFA country rankings. Just putting that out there).
...****.

Although tbh I'm... ok with that I guess. It is a very serious matter to me that Chelsea do not win the CL! In part because, if they do, then only the top three teams in the PL can progress to the CL. And in part because they're Chelsea.
Old April 29th, 2012, 01:34 AM
Ducklighter

Send a message via AIM to Ducklighter Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Ducklighter Send a message via Skype™ to Ducklighter
Quote:

Quote:

I AM NOW A TEMPORARY LIVERPOOL SUPPORTER.

And I'm sure they will. Chelsea managed to get half their team sent off against Barcelona and Bayern are a hands down much better team. I just hope Chelsea don't bring out the bus.

...****.

Chelsea definitely have a great team and knowing them, they'll pull out all the stops to make sure their formation will dominate but Liverpool have always had a knack for pulling it out of the bag in the more important games. I'm definitely rooting for Liverpool in this one but I kind of subconsciously told myself that I wouldn't be upset if Chelsea do end up winning. (which means i'll be pissed off and getting drunk.)

We need Suarez to do what he did with Norwich again.
Old April 29th, 2012, 01:37 AM
shenanigans
in rainbows

Yeah tbqh I think most people who don't support Chelsea will be rooting for Liverpool, haha. They seem to be a very love/hate team if you know what I mean. Not holding up too much hope BUT YOU CAN ALWAYS DREAM.

Speaking of Suarez his goal from just past the halfway line yesterday was incredible.
Old April 29th, 2012, 01:46 AM
Ducklighter

Quote:
Yeah tbqh I think most people who don't support Chelsea will be rooting for Liverpool, haha. They seem to be a very love/hate team if you know what I mean. Not holding up too much hope BUT YOU CAN ALWAYS DREAM.

Speaking of Suarez his goal from just past the halfway line yesterday was incredible.
They're one of those teams that piss you off because they have great players and the cash to buy more. XD

Oh, I went nuts when he did that because if that failed, I would've been cussing and blinding but it was a bold move that panned. It was the best ever hat-tricks i've been. I mean those two goals previous were great but that last one was just beyond epic.
Old April 29th, 2012, 01:49 AM
shenanigans
in rainbows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducklighter View Post
They're one of those teams that piss you off because they have great players and the cash to buy more. XD
This is more or less what I hate about Man City, and why I want Man Utd to win the title so much. Their game on Monday should be very interesting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducklighter View Post
Oh, I went nuts when he did that because if that failed, I would've been cussing and blinding but it was a bold move that panned. It was the best ever hat-tricks i've been. I mean those two goals previous were great but that last one was just beyond epic.
My team needs a bit of that magic now haha.
Old April 29th, 2012, 01:54 AM
Ducklighter

Quote:

This is more or less what I hate about Man City, and why I want Man Utd to win the title so much. Their game on Monday should be very interesting.

My team needs a bit of that magic now haha.
I dislike Man City for the same reason and I had an issue with Man Utd about the same thing in previous transfer windows but they've seemed to calm down on the big spending.

I might've missed it but who do you support?
Old April 29th, 2012, 01:56 AM
shenanigans
in rainbows

Yeah I mean on the whole "throwing money at the team" front, Man Utd are still somewhat guilty, but for the most part they seem a legitimately strong team who worked hard to get to where they are and are simply good. Then again a lot of teams throw money around. City just have a big bank account and nothing much else though.

Uh I don't think I said it actually so without digging through the thread you wouldn't have been able to tell, lol. I support THFC.
Old April 29th, 2012, 02:12 AM
Ducklighter

It's really a problem, especially since there are fantastic players in the under 21s who aren't given enough chances. Clearly, some teams rather buying already amazing and skillful players than relying on youngsters that they've essentially bred.

NGL, If there were another team I'd support, it'd be Spurs. I just always end up enjoying their games.
Old April 29th, 2012, 03:29 AM
shenanigans
in rainbows

My issue's not as much with the younger players as it is with the idea that you can take a very mediocre team from nowhere straight to the top with only a little work and a ton of money. Completely undermines the idea of competition and hard work in football.

Heh, yeah, Spurs is a pretty entertaining team. Although lately even I'll admit that we've been a bit... um... down.
Old April 29th, 2012, 04:31 AM
Nuke

Community Supporter

Wow I should have checked this more recently since it's been a pretty big week for football.

First of all, the Barca-Chelsea game was insanely boring to be honest. Barca games tend to be boring because of the style of play, but the only way Chelsea could win was by reducing the rest of the entertainment too. I'm happy for Chelsea though because I'm more than a bit sick of Barca. Got to question Guardiola selecting Cuenca though.

Then there was the Madrid game which was brilliant, although I'll be disappointed not to see Madrid in the final. Neuer was excellent and I'm starting to think he's the best keeper around at the moment. Ramos just... oh dear.

I missed the Europa League games because I didn't care too much, I'll maybe watch the final.

Then finally my more local note, Cardiff won and we lost so we didn't reach the play-offs.
We've shot ourselves in the foot too many times to deserve it really. A positive though is that an Olympic friendly is taking place at the Riverside between GB and Brazil so I'll get to see the likes of Neymar and maybe even Beckham or Ronaldinho.

tl;dr
Chelsea win Yay
Bayern win Nay
Brazil coming to Boro
Old April 30th, 2012, 11:27 AM
Penta Penguin
The biggest underdog in the world

Well, I support Blackpool, and we made the playoffs, but we got a difficult game facing the likes of Birmingham City. I believe in them enough that we can snatch a win and play either Cardiff or West Ham (Although we'd like to play Cardiff and humiliate them again >: D ) But if we end up against West Ham, it's gonna be a very difficult game.

As far as tonight's game goes, I'm rooting for Man City. I have never liked Man Utd, and I hope they get a thumping like last time. Man Utd winning the titles is really starting to bore the premier league, and I want a different team for a change winnig the title.

Next project: Pokemon Dark Nebula?

~Youtube~
Old April 30th, 2012, 11:29 AM
Alinthea
James Sunderland
Community Supporter

Ahhhhhhh I have never been so nervous for a match. This game will decide who wins basically.

I don't want City to win for two reasons.

1. Because I am a United fan.
2. Because I don't want this to prove that if you throw enough money at a team, you can win titles.
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links