• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

Retail Workers Union

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
Hey Nick welcome! I'm so happy for you that you got a new job! :D and yeah, as Tom said, you'll have a bunch of stories for us before you know it. I think you were incredibly lucky at your last job; it isn't until you work in retail (or restaurants, so I hear) that you realise just how much people can suck sometimes. I never usually have any problems either unless it's Friday or Saturday night when the young people come in.

CarefulWetPaint said:
"Thats just not true stop trying to steal my mother I gave you 50$"

You... were trying to steal her mother? XD

Barrels

The Fresh Prince of Kanto
Years
Also, what is a namby-pamby Aussie strike? I've never come across an Australian strike so I have no idea how they compare to the British ones :P

Neither have I. ;) In truth, I only characterised your strikes as such out of a sense of intense pride and nationalism. (LOL JOKE. We have a certain David Cameron in charge at the moment. I need say no more.) But rest assured, in any kind of strike-off, I'd blind you with my startlingly developed ability to slouch around doing nothing. UNION JACKS ETC

What, other than my boss? No. (Who may I add started doing this a week after I started working for him)

Perhaps these two things are connected. :P Was he a pleasant, happy, outgoing family man with 2.5 kids, a mortgage and a hat before you began working for him? Did his smile slowly fade as Monday dragged into Tuesday? Did his carefully brushed hair become gradually more dishevelled as Tuesday became Wednesday? Did he mournfully weigh a packet of cigarettes in one hand as you left the shop on Thursday? And then, finally, arrive roaringly drunk with his own cloud of smoke on Friday morning? I see it all so clearly now.

SHAME ON YOU MADAM, SHAME ON YOU.
i am kidding honest :P

CarefulWetPaint

Doctor Lobotomy
Years

What, other than my boss? No. (Who may I add started doing this a week after I started working for him)

Maybe he just didn't know any other way of handling such an attractive younger employee who he couldn't fire.. :D

@Barrels
You are a very very entertaining character indeed! Very happy you have joined the club indeed! You spin words well word smith, I dub thee "Archmage of Word Wizardry Barrels".

Also has anyone who works in convenience stores had someone take something from the bottom of a stack and made the whole stack come crashing down?

Shining Raichu

Years
Ever had anyone come into your place of work at 9 in the morning smoking and drinking?

Uh hello, liquor store worker right here :P

Harlequin said:
Barrels said:
Perhaps these two things are connected. :P Was he a pleasant, happy, outgoing family man with 2.5 kids, a mortgage and a hat before you began working for him? Did his smile slowly fade as Monday dragged into Tuesday? Did his carefully brushed hair become gradually more dishevelled as Tuesday became Wednesday? Did he mournfully weigh a packet of cigarettes in one hand as you left the shop on Thursday? And then, finally, arrive roaringly drunk with his own cloud of smoke on Friday morning? I see it all so clearly now.

Barrels is joking, but in all seriousness that timing does seem oddly coincidental :P

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
Years
I hate having to work in retail. My shop has been arm robbed twice so far this year. I was there both times aswell, and tgreatened countless times after iding someone. But I do love a lot of the customer interaction, thats about only reason I'm still there.

Shining Raichu

Years
Hey, welcome! You've... been held at gun point twice? Are you OK? How on earth do you deal with that? I think I'd just fall apart!

Barrels

Years
You are a very very entertaining character indeed! Very happy you have joined the club indeed! You spin words well word smith, I dub thee "Archmage of Word Wizardry Barrels".

Also has anyone who works in convenience stores had someone take something from the bottom of a stack and made the whole stack come crashing down?

BOSH. Do I get to speak in olde-worlde-Renaissancee-Faire-languagee now? Being as wot I is now a qualified Archmage of Word Wizardry and all. ;D Nice to meet you, sir, and I dub you in return Magister of All Things Wet and Paintey. Together we shall be unstoppable.

And YES YES OMG YES I HAVE. In front of a customer. (In all fairness it was only the one tin that bounced off her baby's head, but she made a ridiculous amount of fuss. Funnily enough the baby didn't. I guess that's what concussion does to you. :P)

EDIT: Also, I notice Harlequin is studiously ignoring our probing attempts to find out just exactly what she did to cause that poor man's alchoholism. ADMISSION OF GUILT MUCH LOL

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 14, 2024
EDIT: Also, I notice Harlequin is studiously ignoring our probing attempts to find out just exactly what she did to cause that poor man's alchoholism. ADMISSION OF GUILT MUCH LOL

Spoiler:

Maybe I caused the fires of lust to burn inside his heart and the only way he can quench the desire to do me, lest his overbearing wife finds out, is to drink copious amounts of alcohol? iIt's just a theory.

Last edited:

Barrels

Years
He has an overbearing wife? It's all coming together now. The poor, unhappy man. I don't know how you live with yourself, taunting him this way.

There's only one thing for it - you'll have to resign. Right now. A clean break, that's what's best in this situation. Oh, you might find yourself on the streets due to sudden lack of income, but you have to put your boss's feelings ahead of your own selfish whims. I fully expect a scanned letter of resignation on my virtual desk within six minutes.

Five.

Four.

...Get on with it. :P

CarefulWetPaint

Doctor Lobotomy
Years
BOSH. Do I get to speak in olde-worlde-Renaissancee-Faire-languagee now? Being as wot I is now a qualified Archmage of Word Wizardry and all. ;D Nice to meet you, sir, and I dub you in return Magister of All Things Wet and Paintey. Together we shall be unstoppable.

And YES YES OMG YES I HAVE. In front of a customer. (In all fairness it was only the one tin that bounced off her baby's head, but she made a ridiculous amount of fuss. Funnily enough the baby didn't. I guess that's what concussion does to you. :P)

WE ARE UNSTOPPABLE ARCHMAGE! No one will be able to stand up against our majesty.

@ Harlequin That is totally what I said!! I said he wanted you so had to dull that feeling with the poison. Do you still work for this same boss or did you quit when he asked if you wanted to do something special for a raise ;)

-Edit-
Are you okay razer? How do you handle something like that happening?

Years
I have been threatened in retail before, but never held at gun point and such.

Lady was obviously putting clothes in her bag, so I called security and they said stop her leaving. So I went over saying would she like any help, acting oblivious and such, she told me to '**** off'. And then dropped some of the stolen clothes. She then started saying how she would kill me if I told anyone blah blah blah. It didn't really bother me as I had seen her in there before and death threats are boring now haha.

She got arrested and put in prison.​

CarefulWetPaint

Doctor Lobotomy
Years
I have been threatened in retail before, but never held at gun point and such.

Lady was obviously putting clothes in her bag, so I called security and they said stop her leaving. So I went over saying would she like any help, acting oblivious and such, she told me to '**** off'. And then dropped some of the stolen clothes. She then started saying how she would kill me if I told anyone blah blah blah. It didn't really bother me as I had seen her in there before and death threats are boring now haha.

She got arrested and put in prison.​

The death threats are boring part made me laugh. You bulletproof brah?

Also she got put in prison for shoplifting? I'm pretty sure in Australia she would just got spanked and made to pay a fine? Is oblivious to shoplifting laws

Years
Naa, not bulletproof at all but I don't care for threads like that in that environment.

And she had done it many times and was on bail for other crap.​

Years
Haha, I guess so!

Yeh, the most people that we get like that are complete morons who really don't get the hint. I am guessing they are drug addicts because they do look like one and they need money fast, so stealing is the quickest solution I guess...

When I worked at HoF, we only had a handful of those incidents every year, so it isn't like a daily thing.​

Back