The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Culture & Media

Notices

Culture & Media This is where all of pop culture culminates and chats over a cup of joe. Here you can find discussions relating to the latest and greatest television shows, movies, music and literature, and much more!

Advertise here

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old April 30th, 2012, 11:54 AM
Penta Penguin
October 9th... make or break. Your choice.

Advertise here
Man City 1-0 Man Utd, with Kompany scoring the goal. I can't view it on my tv, so I'm gonna miss the goals that come in, and I won't know who's been the better side unless I tune in to Sky Sports News.

Looking for a scripter for Pokemon Dark Nebula.

~Twitter~ ~Youtube~
Old April 30th, 2012, 01:27 PM
Nuke

Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Well I would've liked it to go to United but it's hardly over yet.

United have a habit of losing the 'decider' then winning the title. (A few years back they lost 4-1 to Liverpool but still won iirc)

It's good to have a fellow Championship team supporter, Airbourne. We had a good game against you at our place this season but I think we got tanked at Bloomfield Road.

Edit: Forgot to add, what are everyone's thoughts on the probable appointment of Hodgson as England manager?

X + Y - 4914-3466-1264

Last edited by Nuke; April 30th, 2012 at 01:38 PM.
Old May 1st, 2012, 01:09 PM
Went
wonderful frog seed

Send a message via Skype™ to Went
Well, here in La Liga, Madrid are ready to win after their Clásico triumph, they need 3 points in 3 matches, easy pie.

But the fun part is on the other side of the table. Today, Sporting and Villarreal (18 and 17th respectively) were fighting to avoid relegation. The match ended 2-3 after 97 minutes of insanity, including a goal from the player's own side, crossing the entire rival half with a ridiculous shot (1-1); a penalty just before halftime (1-2); two red cards for people on the bench (Sporting's coach and Villarreal's substitute keeper); a goal with four minutes to go (2-3); people throwing bottles before a corner kick; the referee being thrown a coke can; no additional time being shown by the fourth official and several time-wasting yellows amongst terror by both sides (and they didn't know how long was left before full time!). I haven't enjoyed a match this much in a while (Sporting fans though mustn't be enjoying it at all though, after saying hello to Segunda...).
Old May 1st, 2012, 01:33 PM
Alinthea
The Shadow Pokémon
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
Mean while, in England, Liverpool lose to Fulham. This eases my pain a little from what happened last night; always nice to see Liverpool lose horribly.
Old May 2nd, 2012, 01:23 PM
Nuke

Community Supporter

Two absolute beauties from Cisse to sink Chelsea. Even as a rival fan I really hope Newcastle get that last CL spot.

Real Madrid have pretty much won the title as I type this.

Just for those who missed it or want to witness it's beauty again ;)

X + Y - 4914-3466-1264
Old May 3rd, 2012, 02:45 AM
Went
wonderful frog seed

10 minutes of injury time? What the hell happened? XD (Beautiful shot indeed).

Also, the yearly review of the best moments in the Australian league. Worth watching.

And the 2010/2011 edition, in case you didn't watch it last year.

Old May 4th, 2012, 08:53 AM
Nuke

Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Went View Post
10 minutes of injury time? What the hell happened? XD (Beautiful shot indeed).

Also, the yearly review of the best moments in the Australian league. Worth watching.

And the 2010/2011 edition, in case you didn't watch it last year.

I honestly have no idea, added time has got a bit ridiculous this season, it's difficult to get a game with less than 5 minutes added time. As a kid, it was like 3 minutes maximum.

I'll have to watch the A-League video sometime. Might be able to find a Boro season highlights video so you can witness our amazingness. XD

X + Y - 4914-3466-1264
Old May 4th, 2012, 09:42 AM
Went
wonderful frog seed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuke View Post
I honestly have no idea, added time has got a bit ridiculous this season, it's difficult to get a game with less than 5 minutes added time. As a kid, it was like 3 minutes maximum.

I'll have to watch the A-League video sometime. Might be able to find a Boro season highlights video so you can witness our amazingness. XD
It's 3 minutes here by default as well. We were really shocked when the referee added 6 in the incredibly messy match I talked about before, and there had been several interruptions due to people fighting, so XD
Old May 4th, 2012, 10:59 AM
Nuke

Community Supporter

Mocked this up to prove my point because I have too much free time. These are the last six Boro home games, as I thought it was getting ridiculous lately. Anyway, pointless image over. :P

X + Y - 4914-3466-1264
Old May 4th, 2012, 01:17 PM
Alinthea
The Shadow Pokémon
Community Supporter

And people complain Man United have loads of extra time. Talk about 'Brough Time.
Old May 4th, 2012, 02:12 PM
Nuke

Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Fabio View Post
And people complain Man United have loads of extra time. Talk about 'Brough Time.
Well if that was true, it didn't help us at all anyway. :P

X + Y - 4914-3466-1264
Old May 4th, 2012, 02:15 PM
Alinthea
The Shadow Pokémon
Community Supporter

Your home form is very... sporadic; two wins, two draws and two loses.

Really should have beaten Bristol City, though, we seem to always claw our way back up the table at the end of the season. I just follow them since I am in Bristol! XD
Old May 4th, 2012, 02:34 PM
Nuke

Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Fabio View Post
Your home form is very... sporadic; two wins, two draws and two loses.

Really should have beaten Bristol City, though, we seem to always claw our way back up the table at the end of the season. I just follow them since I am in Bristol! XD
The basic problem all season is we haven't had someone to create anything against the lower sides who are willing to just sit there and get a draw from us.

It's been fine against teams like Southampton because although they're much better, they tried to win the game which left it quite open. This is probably the main reason why we scored more point away than at home.

X + Y - 4914-3466-1264
Old May 5th, 2012, 06:49 AM
Weeaboo Name
Armed Bastard
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
Obligatory lol @ Arsenal.

Anyway, what a game.
Old May 5th, 2012, 10:43 AM
Nuke

Community Supporter

It was good that Arsenal slipped up, I want Newcastle to come 3rd as much as I should hate them.

The Fa Cup was alright, Liverpool just didn't care until Carroll came on. Unfortunately we'll have to live with 'Carroll is good now' and 'OMGGG GOAL LINE TECHNOLOGYYYYY' forever.

X + Y - 4914-3466-1264
Old May 5th, 2012, 11:22 AM
shenanigans
boom boom boom

Carroll played very well, but I hate it when people change their whole opinion of a player based on one match. People were saying that Rooney is awful after the City v United game a little while back and that was so stupid.

...although I don't see a problem with goal line technology. At all.

Old May 5th, 2012, 11:55 AM
Nuke

Community Supporter

It happens all the time, Carroll and Torres suddenly become the best players of all time for every goal they score and then soon after the same people are slating them.

I have nothing against goal line technology, but it's already being developed so people arguing for it isn't going to help. It also becomes the focus of every match like this now.

X + Y - 4914-3466-1264
Old May 6th, 2012, 03:38 AM
Went
wonderful frog seed

How to ruin your season in 10 minutes:

- Tackle Ronaldo down in the box for absolutely no reason
- Score an own goal in injury time
- Throw a bottle at the ref and get half of your team sent off for possibly longer than 1 match

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9BL9NOZFiPg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SH3G6R-cwWQ

One match left and 5 teams can go down next week, and 6 could play Champions or EL. It's going to be a very fun last day in La Liga.
Old May 6th, 2012, 03:27 PM
Nuke

Community Supporter

That Ronaldo tackle is just stupid. The bottle video wouldn't load, but I assume it's even worse.

Newcastle-City was a good game today. Shame Newcastle lost in the end though.

X + Y - 4914-3466-1264
Old May 11th, 2012, 07:44 AM
Penta Penguin

Albeit a bit late, but I'm glad to see Blackpool edged Birmingham City. They really should have kept a clean sheet: It was a poor second half. They really need to up their game if they are gonna have a good chance against West Ham, but I believe in them to acheive it. Come on the Tangerines! :D

~Twitter~ ~Youtube~
Old May 13th, 2012, 08:13 AM
Weeaboo Name
Armed Bastard
Community Supporter

And that is how to finish a season, well done City.

Norwich did good too, a goal and a clean sheet for the 2 England candidates.....that won't get called up.
Old May 13th, 2012, 08:37 AM
Nuke

Community Supporter

It was a brilliant finish to the season, it's just a shame the trophy is in City's hands.

Barton is a maniac though. I'm not too sure about the original Tevez elbow because that just seems like Tevez dived, but from then until he was finally in the tunnel he was just possessed.

As for your Norwich comment Lapras, I think Holt could definitely be a contender for a place in the squad. He's 10x better than Carroll for a start.

X + Y - 4914-3466-1264
Old May 13th, 2012, 09:30 AM
Weeaboo Name
Armed Bastard
Community Supporter

Barton is certainly a character, I think he'll have a big ban at the start of next season.

Can't see him getting in tbh, Ruddy has more of a chance although he'll only be second choice at best.
Old May 13th, 2012, 10:12 AM
Penta Penguin

Yes! yes! Yeeeeeeeeeesssssssssss!!! Words cannot describe how pleased I am that City managed to win the title after 2 goals in injury time. I don't really think that Barton was part of the outcome because QPR still scored with 10 men. It's like City did a Lewis Hamilton when he won his first F1 title.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuke View Post
it's just a shame the trophy is in City's hands.
Are you kidding? It's brilliant! I'm getting sick of seeing Man United winning the title because it just gets really boring after a while. What a remarkable (and happy) ending to the 20th Season of the Premier League. :D

~Twitter~ ~Youtube~
Old May 13th, 2012, 10:22 AM
shenanigans
boom boom boom

It was sorta nice to see a change from United winning the PL but I really think the title went to the wrong team. Not that I'd rather see Arsenal win it, but City essentially spent their way to the top, which I really don't like. But then, that's the PL for you I guess... other than one or two exceptions, any team that gets high up the tables is gonna have thrown money around at some point. It's a bit of a shame.

Meanwhile, Spurs secure 4th. I'm happy with that assuming Chelsea don't win the CL. Shame we couldn't beat Arsenal but after the bad spell we had, it could have been much worse. A month or two ago I wouldn't have seen us finishing ahead of Chelsea or, for a period, even Newcastle.

Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here