• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Roleplay Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pokemonmaster_draco

One Of The Best
Years
@Equinox- i'd join that RP....
*lying on my bed and looking at the ceiling, wondering how it would be like inside a pokeball......~mystery~*
I'd really want my character to know the experience of being treated as a pokemon or to make my pokemon know the unbelievable excitement you get when battling when they are the trainers. Lol! :)

|Equinox|

Going on a hiatus :'(
Years
@Pokemonmaster

glad that you like the new idea! Yep it feels totally different ^^

everyone's pokeball can be different too. Some are in paradise and some are in...hell?

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023
Well, that's one idea that hasn't been implemented yet... I think. Would be a neat concept. What is exactly in a pokeball? Although, until I get some free space I won't be able to join, but it will be interesting and putting a new perspective on catching pokemon... er, humans.

|Equinox|

Years
I'm looking forward to creating a new perspective, another angle of the term 'pokemon'. We often neglect some interesting questions. How does nurse joy heal the pokemon? What's in a Pokeball? Why do they keep saying their names when they pop out? Is it required (we CAN make it happen since we never know the truth). What factors does the ball and the trainer consider when capturing a PokeHuman (why do some shake and why some don't even bulge). We can really use our imagination to form different pokeballs (different interiors for different people), interesting battles (let's see a boy with electricty fight a girl with Steel/Ice), a new perspective of the pokemon world for humans. How does it feel like being controlled and trapped in a device? This offers something totally different than the normal trainer RP. It's the exact opposite! (:

I only wish that some people would be able to help me plan/manage the RP!

TornZero

Resident Yuri-ism Cult Leader
Years
I think Robot Chicken did a spoof on the inside of a Pokéball. (IIRC, Pikachu's Pokéball interior was a nightclub.) However, a regular Pokéball just turns Pokémon into information. RéBURST described their version of Pokéballs as having entire environments on the inside, probably different for every Pokémon.

Now, back on topic, I would love to see a Pokéman (pocket human!) RP. Catching a human could nicely detail the captured's interpretations of a Pokéball interior.

Arsenic

[div=font-size: 18px; font-family: 'Kaushan script
Years
@Equinox Wait, would people crawl around the tall grass and jump out at pokemon then?

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
In my RPs, I usually have pokémon turn into energy when they are inside the pokéball. Because in the anime there are light beams when they pop in and out. But I know that the PokéSpe manga have pokémon just sit inside their pokéballs and the upper halves of the balls are transparent rather than red. That means the pokémon can see everything going on around them. When they come out, they just turn bigger.

|Equinox|

Years
@Equinox Wait, would people crawl around the tall grass and jump out at pokemon then?

I'm thought about that, and no. Wild 'Humans' would be very rare, and even if they exist they would live in small tents or camps in the forest, really tall grass so it's rare for Pokemon to bump into them.

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years
@RHCP: Pokemon seem to be aware of the world around them in the anime as well to some degree. I recall a scene in one of the older seasons of anime where all of Ash's pokemon come out to comfort and give him encouragement on their own after he expresses his lack of self-confidence out loud.

I believe it was in kanto, as he had only kanto pokemon at the time.

Sapphire Rose

[I]Only thorns left on this rose.[/I]
Years
Youkai academy has been accepted!! ;D here's the link to the OOC: www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=279390

Ever monster/youkai has a character limit of two, except for vampires, vampires have a character limit of 3, there are already two vampires, so there can be 1 more, i have a whole list of youkai and explainings about their appearences so please choose well ;)

aceattorneyweirdgirl

oh heck oh frig im girl now
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jan 28, 2024
GET BACK TO DD

Nah, just kidding, even if I did just write a massive post.

When I was first reading through the OOC thread for DD, I honestly thought the idea was kinda dumb. But now, with some proper explanation and meat to it, it looks more and more like something I'd be willing to join.
Shame I spent all my ideas on an RP that's literally gotten no posts apart from mine, though.

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • C:\
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
EARTH AND SKY: POKEMON BATTLE ROYALE!

Just advertising the RP I'm in, created by Quto. We have spots open, so if anyone likes a more real Pokemon trainer experience (darker stories, more detailed battling violence, and character development), please sign up by clicking the title above!

Also, going to plug my Minecraft RP again. IT'S FREAKING MINECRAFT!!

Karma Police

Arrest this man
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 7, 2023
I've already told you this, but I didn't find it particularly interesting, sorry dx It's just not my type of RP, tbh. But it depends on the final plot though.

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • C:\
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
I have to mention that there's actually an intricate plot hidden beneath the obvious story. M. Night Shyamalan be damned.

I was also advertising Earth and Sky, because we're running with 4 members (Quto, Grieger, Yellow, and myself) and we could definitely use more members. I highly recommend it from teens to adults.

Sapphire Rose

[I]Only thorns left on this rose.[/I]
Years
I'm gonna advertize for my new RP which i'm GMing together with ShinyDiamond xD

Youkai academy!
Ofcourse it has een plot :3 it's a school for youkai to learn to coexist with humans, but there's an organization that want to detroy the human kind to take over the world for their own, this organization is called "fairytale"

There are alot of youkai to choose out: vampire, scubbucus, catgirl(boy), witch, werewolf, mummy, zombie, kyuubi, mermaid, yasha, onimodoki (an kind of youkai that pretends to be a stronger youkai to indimidate other youkai), lamia (snakegirl), snowgirl(boy), etc.

Every youkai has a character limit of 2, except for vampire, that one has a character limit of three :3 right now there are already two vampires, so there can only be one more, one kyuubi is accepted already and one is reserved, there's also a Catgirl already, and i reserved a spot for Machomuu like he requested me to ^^

Hope you guys will join ;3

Link to the OOC: www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=279390

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back