The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Challenges

Notices

Challenges Bored of your old Pokémon games, but still want to play them? Put your skills to the test with a solo run, a monotype challenge, or anything else you can think of.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old May 2nd, 2012, 12:02 PM
myrrhman
Challenge God
Community Supporter Tier 5

Nature: Sassy
Send a message via AIM to myrrhman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jobrjo View Post
Well, on this particular challenge, the main reasons are:
-You can't do it normally. Whether or not it affects anything doesn't change the fact that it's cheating.
-I'd like to watch the battle myself.
-While unlikely, you may accidentaly pick a wrong move.
-It's a personal preference.

Anyway, I'll give way to this situation to fly back and forth. It;s just that in most games, there's a PC in the lobby. Wasn't aware this wasn't the case in Gen. I. But only for flying, it cannot be switched in at all.

(P.S. The only reason emulators are allowed at all (though strongly discouraged) is because some of the older games may have died, so that the save battery doesn't work and such. In those cases only I'd allow people to use an emulator that is an exact copy of the official game.)
Understood. I'll refrain from speeding.

Thanks for the Fly rule. Its not that there's not a PC in the lobby, its that there isn't one in all of Pallet Town (you have one in your room but you can only withdraw/deposit items.)
Old May 2nd, 2012, 12:07 PM
Jobrjo
Mime Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by myrrhman View Post
Understood. I'll refrain from speeding.

Thanks for the Fly rule. Its not that there's not a PC in the lobby, its that there isn't one in all of Pallet Town (you have one in your room but you can only withdraw/deposit items.)
Oh yes, of course. Forgot about that. I'll give you permission to use a Fly slave, just and only to Fly there .

---------------

Joshawott, I need a question answered before I put your Pidgey back up. How much did it level up in the process? What was it's beginning, and end level. That's all, thanks.

Last edited by Jobrjo; May 3rd, 2012 at 01:43 PM.
Old May 3rd, 2012, 06:52 AM
bewbs
~Chloe~

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to bewbs Send a message via Skype™ to bewbs
Quote:
Alright, your registered! Interesting story, I'm sure you needed those PP items lol.
But just to make sure, this IS the 2nd time, correct? After you've obtained all 16 badges. I assume so, seeing you have a level 100.
Yep. I got all 16 badges a long time ago, and the bellossom was traded from diamond where it hatched.

I tried the challenge Ninetails in pokemon black and I lost to Grimsley's Sharpedo. He wiped me out with waterfall. At I know know that metal powder only works with ditto. I'll try it with another one with energy ball sometime or grind some more.

Fanfiction

Last edited by bewbs; May 3rd, 2012 at 07:06 AM.
Old May 3rd, 2012, 07:12 AM
The Doctor
I've got new kidneys!
Community Supporter

Location: The planet Gallifrey in the constellation of Kasterborous
Nature: Adamant

Johto run :D And yes I know I frame skipped but I had failed 3 times before and I was tired, I tried not to frama skip but I said what moves I was doing so you know I wasn't doing accidentals.

IGN: Adam
Old May 3rd, 2012, 07:48 AM
Jobrjo
Mime Jr.

bewbs
OK, good
But oh wow, unfortuante that we had a Dark/Water type :p Good try though

The Opera Ghost
OK, I'll take a look at it when I get the chance.
Old May 3rd, 2012, 07:51 AM
The Doctor
I've got new kidneys!
Community Supporter

Quote:
bewbs
OK, good
But oh wow, unfortuante that we had a Dark/Water type :p Good try though

The Opera Ghost
OK, I'll take a look at it when I get the chance.

No problemo. That's fine.

Old May 3rd, 2012, 09:25 AM
Jobrjo
Mime Jr.

The Opera Ghost
Okay, I watched it However, there is one thing I need to know before you can be confirmed.
How did you obtain that Blastoise? It's not a starter on that game. Please be honest here, as if it was obtained via hacking, even if early on in the game, it is disqualified.
Old May 3rd, 2012, 10:07 AM
The Doctor
I've got new kidneys!
Community Supporter

Quote:
The Opera Ghost
Okay, I watched it However, there is one thing I need to know before you can be confirmed.
How did you obtain that Blastoise? It's not a starter on that game. Please be honest here, as if it was obtained via hacking, even if early on in the game, it is disqualified.
I hacked it in as a starter at the very start of the game. I got it because I was ( still am technically ) doing an ultimate solo run with Blastoise throughout all five generations. If it's disqualified because of that then I'm sorry, but that's pretty stupid. I've raised it from level 5 legitly with nothing to help me and no extra items.

Old May 3rd, 2012, 01:42 PM
Jobrjo
Mime Jr.

This is understandable. However, the rules clearly show that hacked-in Pokemon are not allowed to be used. Sorry.
Old May 3rd, 2012, 08:00 PM
myrrhman
Challenge God

We can trade, right? So if I want to do a Charizard solo in Silver, I can get a Charmander in Red and then trade it to Silver, right?
Old May 4th, 2012, 02:30 AM
Jobrjo
Mime Jr.

Quote:
We can trade, right? So if I want to do a Charizard solo in Silver, I can get a Charmander in Red and then trade it to Silver, right?
Yes, that's 100% perfectly fine.
But how? Do you have both Red and Silver or something?
Old May 4th, 2012, 07:20 AM
The Doctor
I've got new kidneys!
Community Supporter

Quote:
This is understandable. However, the rules clearly show that hacked-in Pokemon are not allowed to be used. Sorry.
Sorry, I'll just go around telling every challenge that it's illegal to hack in a pokemon and train it up legitly. You're sounding like an absolute *CENSORED*. How the hell can I trade a Squirtle into Crystal? For one thing, I don't own the game, secondly, I cant trade on an emulator. Thirdly, I have nobody to trade with even if I did have it.

Old May 4th, 2012, 07:46 AM
Jobrjo
Mime Jr.

Quote:
-Abosolutely no cheating, and/or hacking. This means all Pokemon must be legit, along with moves and stats. Gameplay cheats such as speed enhancements, etc. are also not allowed. (Emulators are most definantly not prefered and highly discouraged.) Traded Pokemon, of course, are allowed (and so is migrating); but Pokemon obtained via hacking are not allowed to be used. Please be honest here.
That's why. It's the same reason I didn't allow myrrhman's Snorlax. This is one of the reasons emulators are discouraged- you can't trade on them.
In your situation, I suppose you simply cannot do Johto with your Blastoise.
But remember, you can still do other regions and do it with other Pokemon, as long as the Pokemon was legitly obtained. Really, it's nothing personal; just the rules of this challenge.
Old May 4th, 2012, 07:57 AM
Jak
baby smod

Nature: Timid
Jobjro, with all your rule enforcing and such, I have to wonder where's YOUR entry? Just curious is all, since

Quote:
Originally Posted by da rulez
Thread creators must take part in their own challenges.
This is mainly to prevent people from starting ridiculously convoluted or hard challenges "because somebody might try it". If you start one, you must join it as well. If you have a good idea for a challenge but you can't join it for some reason, you may post it on the Challenge Ideas thread, so anybody who wants to try it can start their own thread. This is the most commonly broken rule guys, so let's try to fix that!

POPWAR'S BUNNY
get on baboon's level ho
Old May 4th, 2012, 08:37 AM
Jobrjo
Mime Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydian View Post
Jobjro, with all your rule enforcing and such, I have to wonder where's YOUR entry? Just curious is all, since
Haha, sure. But I can only vagely remember it, since I did it last year... maybe 2 or 3. Anyway, it was a Charizard only solo-run, and I beat the Elite 4 over and over with it after the game. It usually went like this:

My Charizard knew: Fly, Blast Burn, [Wing Attack], [Flamethrower]. I took out the Ice member by spamming Fly, and an occasional Wing Attack. She was never easy because of the type advantage(s). I may need to use an item or 2 during that battle. From there, I Flamthrowered Bruno, he wasn't TOO hard, usually. Heal up. By now, I'm low on PP somewhat. I would get to Agatha, and maybe use some Blast Burn, as well as some of the others. She was the easiest. Then came Lance... well, by now I'm low on PP. And Fire is "not very effective" against dragon. Usually, I'd manage, but I may use a Struggle or 2 towards the end. Most times, by the time I get to Blue's 2 Pokemon, I struggle away! But with the help of Full Restores and being a level 100, I manage to win. I did it a multiple times, so the adventure slightly varied.

Tadaa!

P.S. I'm currently training multiple Pokemon which I plan to (re-)do this challenge with, so I'm not done yet. They just need some training

Last edited by Jobrjo; May 4th, 2012 at 09:33 AM.
Old May 4th, 2012, 08:57 AM
Jak
baby smod

Okay, just making sure. I don't like people posting challenges that they've already done in attempt to get around that rule. They have to go through it alongside other challengers. Carry on then.

POPWAR'S BUNNY
get on baboon's level ho
Old May 4th, 2012, 09:29 AM
Jobrjo
Mime Jr.

Oh... well, to be completely honest, I should mention that I'm training... 40 Pokemon. However, it looks like only 35 will be good enough to do it. These are:
Venusaur, Beedrill, Pideot, Fearow, Vileplume, Parasect, Poliwrath, Tentacruel, Magneton, Dodrio, Dewgong, Cloyster, Exeggutor, Lapras, Omastar, Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres, Dragonite, Togetic, Xatu, Jumpluff, Quagsire, Murkrow, Skarmory, Tyranitar, Nidoqueen, Rhydon, Gyarados, Aerodactyl, Crobat, Qwilifish, and Piloswine.
This is on my FireRed.
While it may be a while until all of them are good enough, once they all are, I'll have 35 registrations coming in at once all within a month. Though it may be a while until that point comes. I'll log all of the challenges though.
Some Pokemon can do it earlier, such as Articuno, Zapdos, and Moltres; while some may need higher levels, such as Qwilifish. But all of these are on my Agenda, and are currently undergoing training.

Last edited by Jobrjo; May 4th, 2012 at 09:36 AM.
Old May 4th, 2012, 06:29 PM
myrrhman
Challenge God

Done Alakazam on Silver.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z975n...ature=youtu.be
Old May 4th, 2012, 06:38 PM
Jobrjo
Mime Jr.

Quote:
I'm sorry I have to keep being the "bad guy" like this, I really am. Believ me, it's not fun. However, if I'm correct Alakazam can only be obtained via trading. And, assuming this is an emulator, that isn't possible. Now, I'd love to be wrong. If you managed to legitly obtain an Alakazam (idk how), then your fine. However if not... sorry, but disqualified. Please state how you got it.
Old May 4th, 2012, 06:55 PM
myrrhman
Challenge God

I traded with TGB dual beforehand?
Old May 4th, 2012, 07:10 PM
Jobrjo
Mime Jr.

What's TGB dual? Forgive me, I'm not familiar with emulators; I prefer the actual games. Did you trade with someon else who had an emulator?
Old May 4th, 2012, 07:16 PM
myrrhman
Challenge God

Its basically an emulator that lets you trade. So you just get a Red ROM and a Silver ROM (or you can even use the same game) and you can trade with yourself.
Old May 4th, 2012, 07:23 PM
Jobrjo
Mime Jr.

Well, since trading with one's self is possible with the real games, I'll let it slide with emulators as well- but not with the same game. If I have 1 DS and 1 White, I can't trade with myself. So 2 copies are needed to trade with oneself. I'll allow it since you did that, with Red and Silver. Once I get the chance, I'll view it and post it as well
Old May 4th, 2012, 07:28 PM
blackmorale
風の行方

Is it necessary to have a video of the battles? Or would a picture of the "Congratulations!" part suffice?

Platinum FC: 0432 7933 2733
SS FC: 1936 6025 7297
Trade thread

I claimed these Pokémon:

Sprites: Bulbapedia

Old May 4th, 2012, 07:38 PM
Leafgreen2itsmyidea
Pokémon Master

Nature: Careful
I did it with tyranitar!
Lv.100
MOVES: