The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Fan Clubs & Groups
Sign Up Rules/FAQ Live Battle Blogs Mark Forums Read

Notices

Fan Clubs & Groups Fan Clubs & Groups are places to go to find like-minded members and talk about similar interests. Join or create a club here if it doesn't fit in any of the other sections.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.


Advertise here

Reply
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Thread Tools
  #2651    
Old April 26th, 2012, 07:01 AM
Lateon's Avatar
Lateon
The Eon Follower
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: New York... Small town, not the city.
Age: 24
Gender: Female
Nature: Quiet
Send a message via AIM to Lateon Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Lateon Send a message via Yahoo to Lateon

Advertise here
I wanted to pop in and express frustrtion at the federal government >.>

So as you guys know I recently got married. Because my company is awesome, I got to add Kelly to my health insurance. I'm not sure how many of you deal with health insurance through work, but as you know, health insurance is pre-tax, so it gets taken out and you pay less in taxes, so you take home more money.

Well, not for us apparently! The government taxes it as a domestic partnership instead of a marriage. So I'm paying more in taxes. I can't swear, but I REALLY REALLY want to right now >.< Stick it in your ear, Feds.
__________________



Forum Activity
Wifi Activity


Currently Working On




Reply With Quote
  #2652    
Old April 26th, 2012, 09:28 AM
FreakyLocz14's Avatar
FreakyLocz14
Conservative Patriot
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Gender: Female
Nature: Bold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lateon View Post
I wanted to pop in and express frustrtion at the federal government >.>

So as you guys know I recently got married. Because my company is awesome, I got to add Kelly to my health insurance. I'm not sure how many of you deal with health insurance through work, but as you know, health insurance is pre-tax, so it gets taken out and you pay less in taxes, so you take home more money.

Well, not for us apparently! The government taxes it as a domestic partnership instead of a marriage. So I'm paying more in taxes. I can't swear, but I REALLY REALLY want to right now >.< Stick it in your ear, Feds.
This is due to the Defense of Marriage Act.
Reply With Quote
  #2653    
Old April 26th, 2012, 09:37 AM
Magic's Avatar
Magic
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: UK
Age: 23
Gender: Male
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreakyLocz14 View Post
This is due to the Defense of Marriage Act.
Useful reply.


Lateon that sucks so much, it's ridiculous that your marriage - even if it is counted as a domestic partnership - doesn't count as the same.

Tax has nothing to do with religiousness and so it's atrocious that those unified in 'marriage' get different benefits to any other couple.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #2654    
Old April 26th, 2012, 11:22 AM
U.Flame's Avatar
U.Flame
Brony Hacker
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Sapphire City in future Hoenn
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Nature: Jolly
I like to think of marriage as just a title. Even if the law won't allow/restricts it, you can still consider yourselves married. I remember children doing that, I think they've actually got the right idea.
__________________
Computer broke not a month after. Jesus. Still got everything backed up though!

Yay my username is accurate now! Also holy crap I just realized Unbeatable was misspelled for the longest time! Fixed. xp

Times I've been ninja'd: 17
Times I've ninja'd people: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by drarixio View Post
Unbeatable Flame would make a pokemon trainer run outta breath in the anime:
Unbeatable Flame, Flamethrower.
Unbeatable Flame, Sky Uppercut.
Unbeatable Flame, this.
Unbeatable Flame, that.
Un*pant*beatable---Flame, hooollaaa
Un-un-un-un--bea-bee....*Pokemon trainer fainted*
Reply With Quote
  #2655    
Old April 26th, 2012, 12:15 PM
-ty-'s Avatar
-ty-
Don't Ask, Just Tell
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: USA
Gender: Male
Nature: Naughty
Flame, the whole point is that Lateon and her wife do not receive the same benefits. So federal legal restrictions are major issues; the title should be federally recognized. Unofficial marriages are not the solution.

For the first time in 15 years since DOMA was enacted, a presidential Administration does not support DOMA (as of last year), declaring it unconstitutional. Over the past two years many members of Congress have been trying to swing a DOMA Repeal Bill, but have not succeeded. I think that it could be accomplished this year, but you never know how the 2012 election will affect the Presidential and Congressional actions. If Obama is re-elected, it's very likely we will see a repeal . With Romney...not happening

OBAMA 2012!

Also let's say Romney is elected...since federal courts are now being asked to assess DOMA's constitutionality. The legislation could very well be voided by the US Supreme Court once it reaches that level.
__________________

Don't be a rotten apple!
Check-out my Forbitten to see the latest developments in the Kenbi Region
!


Last edited by -ty-; April 26th, 2012 at 12:51 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #2656    
Old April 26th, 2012, 04:06 PM
Esper's Avatar
Esper
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: California
I don't think you're going to see something like that happening this year since it's an election year and politicians don't want to attract the ire of (anti-gay) voters by attempting to repeal something that has almost no chance to being repealed in congress.
__________________

deviantart blog pair
Reply With Quote
  #2657    
Old April 26th, 2012, 07:20 PM
Katholic Nun's Avatar
Katholic Nun
of the Khristian Kollection
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Australia
Age: 23
Gender: Male
Nature: Adamant
Does anybody ever feel like they really need to make a point to the world, but what they're trying to say goes so far against everybody's programming that it'll never get through to anybody because when you say it everybody just looks at you like you're crazy? I feel like that a lot of the time. Reading these posts about people who want children so badly makes me feel like that, because my views on this are so out there in comparison to the way everybody else thinks and the response I get whenever I try to put them across is just complete opposition and judgment.

Basically the way I feel is this: I feel like we're all in a factory somewhere and everybody is just riding the conveyor belt through their lives. They go to school, go to college, get married, have children, watch them grow, retire, grow old and die - and that's enough for them because as long as they have children, nothing else matters. And it seems to me that everybody is being fooled into thinking that this is what they actually want for themselves. So everybody is just on this conveyor belt in blissful ignorance that that is where they are, and there is a giant wall of soundproof glass. I'm on the other side of the soundproof glass, running alongside the conveyor belt, just screeching at the top of my lungs, "STOP! EVERYBODY STOP! IT DOESN'T HAVE TO BE LIKE THIS! JUST JUMP OFF! IT DOESN'T HAVE TO BE THIS WAY" but nobody can hear me.

But I feel like I would just be so satisfied if I could get through to one person. If one person just really heard me and I could make them come to their senses and think "hey yeah, it really doesn't have to be this way".

Does anybody ever feel that way?

Anyway, if you’ll all bear with me I’m going to pick Kiyoshi’s post apart. Kiyoshi, I’m not picking on you, it’s just that your post has a lot of things I’ve heard one million times that I don’t agree with. It's just easier to quote what you're saying than to think of all the individual points myself

Quote:
when everything boils down, you have what you consider family. I don't want to be the old man just sitting there, doing something dull, while everyone in his family has drifted away or died. What if my siblings die before me? My parents will be long gone. And once my husband goes, if he goes first, who do I have left to connect to? Friends? What if I don't have any? Even if I do, they have their own family and personal problems. I don't want my problems just piling on to theirs. I don't want to force someone to care about me while they're experiencing their own twilight years.
There’s an old saying that says something along the lines of “you can choose your friends but you can’t choose your family,” but I’ve always believed that that is a pile of crap. Of course you can choose your family, the one great thing about this life is that you can do whatever you want. Because of this, I really disagree with the idea that the options are either have children or die a lonely old burden. What you do is fill your life with people who love you and would do anything for you, and you make them your family. If that means children for you then that’s fine, but it doesn’t have to. It seems to me that this idea that you have to have children or some sort of blood relation is a fear tactic that the older generation try to plant in our heads to get grandchildren – whether they say it outright or pass it down with the way they live their lives.

Quote:
it'd bring me closer to my husband, wouldn't it?
No, if anything it drives couples apart. Couples with children divorce all the time because the stresses of life (one of which is children, like it or not) begin to eat at their marriage until they can't live with each other anymore. Even if you disregard that, from what I understand when you have children your whole life and your whole heart becomes all-pervasively consumed by them. It brings you closer to your children, but it doesn't bring you closer to your husband. It can't, because what it does is it makes your love for each other secondary to your love for them. It makes your love for everything secondary to your love for them.

This is known because parents say it all the time: once you have children, they become the center of your universe and nothing else matters. And the disturbing part is they say it in a way that suggests that it is a good thing and everybody else seems to take it that way! Meanwhile I'm just looking on in disbelief, wondering how the hell not even one other person finds that concept utterly horrifying.

What makes that so disturbing when it comes to children specifically is that it's different from forming that kind of love for anything else. When you love and value your partner above all others, for instance, you know that there is a reason for it; they've spent time together and grown to love each other and it has been earned. But in the case of children, it's practically glandular. It happens automatically and merely by virtue of their existence. Honestly, how is that not a repulsive concept? How is that thought not distressing to anyone else?

Quote:
Besides the fact that my husband would be 150% hotter by being a good Dad too.
I totally recognise that this one is just my bias at work, but I really don’t see that either lol. People seeing the father in the park picking up his crying child to comfort it and immediately wanting to tear off his clothes and do him right then and there. The way I see it, the way you be hot is by being hot – but people seem to think nurturing instincts are sexy. Is this an aspect of our conditioning that has just skipped me altogether?

You have to remember what I said above, too – no matter how hot it makes him, he will never be that way with you. You will always be secondary to that child that makes him so hot.

Quote:
Perhaps having kids and a family to be apart of in my adult life would rip out that bit of material selfishness I have in myself, too. It's a learning and improving experience for everyone
Is material selfishness really that negative a trait? I’ve always thought of the ability to be materialistic is one of life’s greatest luxuries, and why somebody would actively want to draw that out of themselves is just beyond me – particularly since it’s so unnecessary. Materialism is often associated with being shallow, but that is so far from the truth. You can enjoy having nice things and still have a completely meaningful life, it isn’t a one-or-the-other type of situation.

So it might change you, but in my view it’s more of a lateral move than an improvement. And if you take into account the fact that when people have kids they talk about nothing else other than kids, it might be a demotion

Quote:
And I'd like to pass on my last name, too.
This! THIS IS WHAT BAFFLES ME BEYOND ALL ELSE!

Just… WHY? Why the hell is that so important to people? It’s a name!



I’m the only person with the power to pass on my family’s name and I’m not having children whatsoever. And I am absolutely fine with that. I just don’t see why it’s such a big deal to everybody.

/rant

Well, thank you for bearing with me through that outburst, I feel a lot better now XD. I didn’t post that to try and change your minds about having kids or anything, it’s just really frustrating when you see something that’s messed up and you try and talk about it and everybody looks at you like you’re the messed up one so I just want to see if there’s anybody who gets even a little bit what I’m trying to say lol.

Also, I’m bringing this up to you guys because we can't have kids naturally so if we’re gonna have kids we have to really want them because we have to go to extraordinary lengths to have them. That means that as gay people generally we should feel less pressure to have kids, so I feel like if anybody is going to get what I'm saying, it's gonna be one of you guys.
__________________

Moderator of General Chat
PAIR(S)|NOW|TUMBLR
"like when AT&T was paying for our meals in dallas you bet your ass I ordered the lamb" - Oryx, 2014 A.D.

Last edited by Katholic Nun; April 26th, 2012 at 07:28 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #2658    
Old April 26th, 2012, 07:48 PM
Keiran's Avatar
Keiran
Moshtradamus
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: New Jersey
Gender: Male
Nature: Careful
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shining Raichu View Post
Does anybody ever feel like they really need to make a point to the world, but what they're trying to say goes so far against everybody's programming that it'll never get through to anybody because when you say it everybody just looks at you like you're crazy? I feel like that a lot of the time. Reading these posts about people who want children so badly makes me feel like that, because my views on this are so out there in comparison to the way everybody else thinks and the response I get whenever I try to put them across is just complete opposition and judgment.

Basically the way I feel is this: I feel like we're all in a factory somewhere and everybody is just riding the conveyor belt through their lives. They go to school, go to college, get married, have children, watch them grow, retire, grow old and die - and that's enough for them because as long as they have children, nothing else matters. And it seems to me that everybody is being fooled into thinking that this is what they actually want for themselves. So everybody is just on this conveyor belt in blissful ignorance that that is where they are, and there is a giant wall of soundproof glass. I'm on the other side of the soundproof glass, running alongside the conveyor belt, just screeching at the top of my lungs, "STOP! EVERYBODY STOP! IT DOESN'T HAVE TO BE LIKE THIS! JUST JUMP OFF! IT DOESN'T HAVE TO BE THIS WAY" but nobody can hear me.

But I feel like I would just be so satisfied if I could get through to one person. If one person just really heard me and I could make them come to their senses and think "hey yeah, it really doesn't have to be this way".

Does anybody ever feel that way?
I don't have much to say, other than yes. I feel this way entirely. Not just about children but about many other things.

As for children, I'd like them. Though, I'm more interested in contributing towards raising less mindless/ignorant generations of people than just having them as a status, on accident or letting them define myself, my potential marriage, my family or continuing a bloodline.
__________________
Mod of Trade Corner| Pair | Trainer Information

又 yltfos os kaeps and low 又
Wandering Allowed, Wondering Aloud
Reply With Quote
  #2659    
Old April 26th, 2012, 07:48 PM
Esper's Avatar
Esper
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: California
Prop 8 news. So I heard on the news that the defenders of Prop 8 have been in a large part relying on the study by a doctor (whose name I frustratingly can't remember or find reference to in my quick internet search) who concluded that some gay people can change their sexuality. Now he's saying he no longer believes this and is sorry for all the people he may have caused harm by leading them to believe they could change.


Aaaaannnnnnd in response to Andy's philosophical meanderings.

It's funny (well, not funny funny, just the word I use for interesting) that the whole gays rights movement is, essentially, a fight to let us be boring, normal people with the kind of life that Andy is raging against. I can totally see how, when spelled out, it's a kind of lackluster and seemingly meaningless life, but at the same time I can't imagine how I would feel if I knew I could never have that kind of like no matter how hard I tried. Well, I kind of do know that feeling, but that was then this is now. Point is, sometimes I feel like I want some of those boring things even though I'll be the first to admit that it's kind of crazy for me to want them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shining Raichu View Post
Also, I’m bringing this up to you guys because we can't have kids naturally so if we’re gonna have kids we have to really want them because we have to go to extraordinary lengths to have them. That means that as gay people generally we should feel less pressure to have kids, so I feel like if anybody is going to get what I'm saying, it's gonna be one of you guys.
Some of us can have children 'naturally' if they have wombs. Bit of a minority in this club though, I'll admit. These gals can have kids the 'natural' way if they can just "sit back and think of England" if you follow me. It helps if they enjoy it though. (I'm reading a book about this right now actually - google "upsuck" if you dare.) Of course I'm just saying all this to question what "natural" even means and ask aloud why we consider one way 'natural' and another not.
__________________

deviantart blog pair
Reply With Quote
  #2660    
Old April 26th, 2012, 09:17 PM
alehizzle's Avatar
alehizzle
Beginning Trainer
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Arizona
Age: 21
Gender: Male
Nature: Docile
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lateon View Post
I wanted to pop in and express frustrtion at the federal government >.>

So as you guys know I recently got married. Because my company is awesome, I got to add Kelly to my health insurance. I'm not sure how many of you deal with health insurance through work, but as you know, health insurance is pre-tax, so it gets taken out and you pay less in taxes, so you take home more money.

Well, not for us apparently! The government taxes it as a domestic partnership instead of a marriage. So I'm paying more in taxes. I can't swear, but I REALLY REALLY want to right now >.< Stick it in your ear, Feds.
Thanks a lot, DOMA! :D

/sarcasm
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #2661    
Old April 27th, 2012, 05:37 AM
EGKangaroo's Avatar
EGKangaroo
Tail-bumps for all 'roolovers!
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: the Netherlands
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Nature: Quirky
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to EGKangaroo Send a message via Skype™ to EGKangaroo
That's just downright silly. Why would they even call it a marriage if it gets treated by the government as a domestic partnership. It's like people somehow believe that the inequality lies within what they name their partnership. I swear, some countries...
Reply With Quote
  #2662    
Old April 27th, 2012, 07:39 AM
Lateon's Avatar
Lateon
The Eon Follower
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: New York... Small town, not the city.
Age: 24
Gender: Female
Nature: Quiet
Send a message via AIM to Lateon Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Lateon Send a message via Yahoo to Lateon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shining Raichu View Post
Does anybody ever feel like they really need to make a point to the world, but what they're trying to say goes so far against everybody's programming that it'll never get through to anybody because when you say it everybody just looks at you like you're crazy? I feel like that a lot of the time. Reading these posts about people who want children so badly makes me feel like that, because my views on this are so out there in comparison to the way everybody else thinks and the response I get whenever I try to put them across is just complete opposition and judgment.

Basically the way I feel is this: I feel like we're all in a factory somewhere and everybody is just riding the conveyor belt through their lives. They go to school, go to college, get married, have children, watch them grow, retire, grow old and die - and that's enough for them because as long as they have children, nothing else matters. And it seems to me that everybody is being fooled into thinking that this is what they actually want for themselves. So everybody is just on this conveyor belt in blissful ignorance that that is where they are, and there is a giant wall of soundproof glass. I'm on the other side of the soundproof glass, running alongside the conveyor belt, just screeching at the top of my lungs, "STOP! EVERYBODY STOP! IT DOESN'T HAVE TO BE LIKE THIS! JUST JUMP OFF! IT DOESN'T HAVE TO BE THIS WAY" but nobody can hear me.
I totally see where you are coming from with this, because I used to feel the same way. Sometimes I still do, to be honest, because I have times where I think "Why on earth would I want to bring a kid in this world? I screwed my DOG up so much he has to be on prozac, what would I do with kids?". And I look around at all the bigotry, hatred, school shootings, and everything else going on, especially with the economy, and I just can't believe ANYBODY would want to bring another life into the world knowing what they will have to grow up to deal with.

But who knows- maybe things will be different in five or so years if that's when we decide it's time to have kids though the world will probably still suck. I do want to have a familly- with children- not because it's a "conveyor belt" thing, but because I want to raise them with values, which is something kids these days just don't seem to have. I want to help them build a treehouse, recite lines for the school play, practice soccer, get on the schoolbus, argue with teachers on their behalf, whatever it is they need to do to grow up into civilized human beings. Basically, I want to do all the things with a child and a family that I didn't get to do because my mother was a twatwaffle. I want to raise a human that can make a difference in the world.

And sure, things won't always turn out the way they seem. Maybe my kid will turn out to hate being outdoors, or is a teacher's pet, or (heaven forbid) hates to read. And sure, my kid probably won't be the next Gandhi. But that's part of bringing another human being into the world- they are a human, with their own likes and dislikes. Just smaller.
__________________



Forum Activity
Wifi Activity


Currently Working On




Reply With Quote
  #2663    
Old April 29th, 2012, 08:47 PM
Katholic Nun's Avatar
Katholic Nun
of the Khristian Kollection
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Australia
Age: 23
Gender: Male
Nature: Adamant
Well I guess I'm glad some people seem to kind of understand what I'm saying haha. It does make me feel a little better.
__________________

Moderator of General Chat
PAIR(S)|NOW|TUMBLR
"like when AT&T was paying for our meals in dallas you bet your ass I ordered the lamb" - Oryx, 2014 A.D.
Reply With Quote
  #2664    
Old April 30th, 2012, 12:32 PM
appletechGodjuice's Avatar
appletechGodjuice
Beginning Trainer
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Nature: Relaxed
Hey, I'd like to join~!
Mainly because I was so surprised to see asexual as part of the opening list, I'm not used to seeing my orientation used correctly. Especially with the "romantic attraction" bit.
So used to people defining asexual as "not liking anyone/anything".

So used.

Also seeing demisexual used properly is a huge plus.
Reply With Quote
  #2665    
Old April 30th, 2012, 04:22 PM
Katholic Nun's Avatar
Katholic Nun
of the Khristian Kollection
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Australia
Age: 23
Gender: Male
Nature: Adamant
Hey there dude, welcome!

Well there you go, Pikapal and Scarf - your terms list is actually drawing in members now XD.

---

In some oddly disturbing news, merely supporting LGBT rights now closes down schools. Apparently we are too far from God to teach people how to speak English.
__________________

Moderator of General Chat
PAIR(S)|NOW|TUMBLR
"like when AT&T was paying for our meals in dallas you bet your ass I ordered the lamb" - Oryx, 2014 A.D.
Reply With Quote
  #2666    
Old April 30th, 2012, 07:43 PM
dango989's Avatar
dango989
 
Join Date: May 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shining Raichu View Post
In some oddly disturbing news, merely supporting LGBT rights now closes down schools. Apparently we are too far from God to teach people how to speak English.
I have no words to describe how ridiculous that is.
Reply With Quote
  #2667    
Old April 30th, 2012, 09:23 PM
YungKnowledge's Avatar
YungKnowledge
Kigo & Jori Shipper
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Hogwarts, Tennessee
Age: 22
Gender: Female
Nature: Relaxed
This is my first time posting for this club. I love the idea of it. I come from a semi-closed mind family. So I keep to myself alot. I've been with a girls before and guys. I don't think i'm bisexual. i just like who I like.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #2668    
Old May 1st, 2012, 07:34 AM
Esper's Avatar
Esper
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: California
Yay, glad to see new faces around here.

Especially glad to see we aren't putting anyone off. I've never met an asexual person in real life (that I know of) and I gotta say I'm glad I eventually learned a few things and I never had a chance to make stupid assumptions to someone's face. Now I'm all prepared!

Also, I like hearing people say "I like who I like." Makes me feel good to see people not worrying about labels and being okay with themselves. Not that labels are bad if you want to use one. It's also good to have some terminology at your fingertips to explain things to someone who doesn't really get it.
__________________

deviantart blog pair
Reply With Quote
  #2669    
Old May 1st, 2012, 07:55 AM
Katholic Nun's Avatar
Katholic Nun
of the Khristian Kollection
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Australia
Age: 23
Gender: Male
Nature: Adamant
Welcome YungKnowledge!

I think I'm a little jaded on the issue of labels. I put the unwillingness to identify under a label right up there with saying 'I don't need a piece of paper to prove my love' at the top of the hierarchy of hipster flower child nonsense for which I have little patience. Not that that should be taken as a slight against you, YungKnowledge, you should live however makes you happy and I have no issue with what you said - I've just found that some people can get really obnoxious about their desire to rebel against societal systems and it just seems like rebellion for the sake of rebellion or self-righteousness.

So yeah, those are my general feelings on that topic
__________________

Moderator of General Chat
PAIR(S)|NOW|TUMBLR
"like when AT&T was paying for our meals in dallas you bet your ass I ordered the lamb" - Oryx, 2014 A.D.
Reply With Quote
  #2670    
Old May 1st, 2012, 08:57 AM
YungKnowledge's Avatar
YungKnowledge
Kigo & Jori Shipper
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Hogwarts, Tennessee
Age: 22
Gender: Female
Nature: Relaxed
Thank you guys for the welcome.
@Shining Raichu I compelety understand were you come from.
One of the true reason I don't label myself is because they are so many young women in my hometown that say they are bi or whatevea and are truly not. Then they end up hurting someone really bad because it was just a game to them. I honestly don't want to be label with girls like them.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #2671    
Old May 1st, 2012, 09:12 AM
EGKangaroo's Avatar
EGKangaroo
Tail-bumps for all 'roolovers!
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: the Netherlands
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Nature: Quirky
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to EGKangaroo Send a message via Skype™ to EGKangaroo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shining Raichu View Post
Hey there dude, welcome!

Well there you go, Pikapal and Scarf - your terms list is actually drawing in members now XD.

---

In some oddly disturbing news, merely supporting LGBT rights now closes down schools. Apparently we are too far from God to teach people how to speak English.
That is just unbelievably ridiculous. Not so much that the church doesn't want to be associated with LGBT rights, but just the sheer amount of harrassment the man got from the church for his opinions is what's really aching at me. I mean, it's fine that the church doesn't want to have anything to do with such a school. After all, they are entitled to their own beliefs, especially when they are very much involved in keeping the school functioning, and I'd be surprised if they don't while they have the power to close it, but then spreading rumours about him being a paedophile? That's just asking for trouble, really.
Reply With Quote
  #2672    
Old May 3rd, 2012, 11:40 AM
Esper's Avatar
Esper
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: California
I think it's time for a little news. Haven't had much of this in a while.

Here in the US of A we've got a bit of politics going on:
  • In the state of Missouri there is a potential law making its way through the legislature that would ban "teaching, extracurricular activities or materials that discuss sexual orientation unless they relate to the scientific facts about human reproduction" but a Republican lawmaker has come out (literally!) in opposition to it. [link]
  • In the state of North Carolina there is another bill that, if passed, would outlaw same-sex marriage... and take away many existing rights of civil unions for gay and straight alike. When the bill's sponsor's wife was asked about it she said it was important because the Caucasian race is "diminishing." Isn't it great when homophobia and racism get together like this? [link] Oh, but if you'd prefer your homophobia with side of religious intolerance I've got another NC story for that about a pastor who thinks we should hit kids with "limp wrists." [link]
__________________

deviantart blog pair
Reply With Quote
  #2673    
Old May 3rd, 2012, 02:00 PM
Kura's Avatar
Kura
vimeo.com/67501143
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Horsham, UK (orig. Toronto, Canada)
Age: 24
Gender: Female
Nature: Serious
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Kura
I'm kind of irked lately. On another forum some people were posting pics of "hot lesbians hurrhurr" (because they're guys and "lesbians are hot stuff") and I was like "Awesome! LGBT!" because who doesn't want to spread the love? And so I posted this:

Because I thought it was a really artful and pretty picture. And then I had people raging saying I should be banned for posting it, and "that's gross." Etc. I mean.. we're not talking about hormonal 13 year olds or semi-retarded 7 year olds raging. I'm talking about grown adults going "ew." I mean.. what? Are you serious?
So now I'm just pissy. It's like.. what the heck. It's okay to post girls kissing and not this? These guys aren't even kissing! What's so bad about gay guys? Is it really more socially acceptable to be a lesbian because according to some immature buttholes it's "hot"? Ugh it just makes me rage.
Man I'm not here to knock lesbians at all. Seriously. Post all the lesbian pictures you want; I don't care. I embrace it and I think it's awesome, too. Free love FTW!! But don't cry a river when someone brings up something gay. It's so hypocritical it's not even funny.

Have any of you ever experienced this? It's just so frustrating IMO.. argh. I wanna smack some sense of respect into these people.
__________________
~Yuugiou Fan~
~Kamen Rider Fan~
♡(´・ω・`)LOVE! ☆
Reply With Quote
  #2674    
Old May 3rd, 2012, 04:07 PM
Magdalena~'s Avatar
Magdalena~
Feel the hnnnnggg
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Wisconsin
Age: 20
Gender: Female
Nature: Naive
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Magdalena~
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shining Raichu View Post
Does anybody ever feel like they really need to make a point to the world, but what they're trying to say goes so far against everybody's programming that it'll never get through to anybody because when you say it everybody just looks at you like you're crazy? I feel like that a lot of the time. Reading these posts about people who want children so badly makes me feel like that, because my views on this are so out there in comparison to the way everybody else thinks and the response I get whenever I try to put them across is just complete opposition and judgment.

Basically the way I feel is this: I feel like we're all in a factory somewhere and everybody is just riding the conveyor belt through their lives. They go to school, go to college, get married, have children, watch them grow, retire, grow old and die - and that's enough for them because as long as they have children, nothing else matters. And it seems to me that everybody is being fooled into thinking that this is what they actually want for themselves. So everybody is just on this conveyor belt in blissful ignorance that that is where they are, and there is a giant wall of soundproof glass. I'm on the other side of the soundproof glass, running alongside the conveyor belt, just screeching at the top of my lungs, "STOP! EVERYBODY STOP! IT DOESN'T HAVE TO BE LIKE THIS! JUST JUMP OFF! IT DOESN'T HAVE TO BE THIS WAY" but nobody can hear me.
This just about summarises my thoughts on the matter, actually.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarf View Post
It's funny (well, not funny funny, just the word I use for interesting) that the whole gays rights movement is, essentially, a fight to let us be boring, normal people with the kind of life that Andy is raging against. I can totally see how, when spelled out, it's a kind of lackluster and seemingly meaningless life, but at the same time I can't imagine how I would feel if I knew I could never have that kind of like no matter how hard I tried. Well, I kind of do know that feeling, but that was then this is now. Point is, sometimes I feel like I want some of those boring things even though I'll be the first to admit that it's kind of crazy for me to want them.


Some of us can have children 'naturally' if they have wombs. Bit of a minority in this club though, I'll admit. These gals can have kids the 'natural' way if they can just "sit back and think of England" if you follow me. It helps if they enjoy it though. (I'm reading a book about this right now actually - google "upsuck" if you dare.) Of course I'm just saying all this to question what "natural" even means and ask aloud why we consider one way 'natural' and another not.
As long as we're all admitting things, I'll be the first to admit I hope I never become a "boring, normal person".
On the issue of doing things "naturally", that term never fails to be used in a way that annoys me. I find I disagree with at least 60% of what people view as "natural" or "real".
But aside from that, I'm a huge fan of adoption. Just sayin'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YungKnowledge View Post
I've been with a girls before and guys. I don't think i'm bisexual. i just like who I like.
I just have to say, good on you for that. I also recently developed an "I am who I am, I like who I like" attitude so it's refreshing to see people who I relate to on that. ^_^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kura View Post
Post all the lesbian pictures you want; I don't care.
Don't tempt me.
Spoiler:


But, yeah, I've seen that a bit too much too. I think it's a sort of "this was made for my sexual enjoyment" type thing, like I'm sure most of them don't really think of lesbians (or any women, for that matter) as human beings.
__________________
#167: Spinarak - The String Spit Pokémon
Bug/Poison ~ Bug eggs
1'08" ~ 18.7lbs ~ 50/50

It lies still in the same pose for days in its web,
waiting for its unsuspecting prey to wander close.

Abilities: Swarm or Insomnia or Sniper
Moves: String Shot, Scary Face, Shadow Sneak, Pin Missile
Locations: Routes 2, 30, 31, 37 (night)
Cry
Other names:

jp: イトマル (Itomaru)
de: Webarak
fr: Mimigal
ko: 페이검 (Pe'igǒm)
Reply With Quote
  #2675    
Old May 3rd, 2012, 08:13 PM
YungKnowledge's Avatar
YungKnowledge
Kigo & Jori Shipper
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Hogwarts, Tennessee
Age: 22
Gender: Female
Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarf View Post
I think it's time for a little news. Haven't had much of this in a while.

Here in the US of A we've got a bit of politics going on:
  • In the state of Missouri there is a potential law making its way through the legislature that would ban "teaching, extracurricular activities or materials that discuss sexual orientation unless they relate to the scientific facts about human reproduction" but a Republican lawmaker has come out (literally!) in opposition to it. [link]
  • In the state of North Carolina there is another bill that, if passed, would outlaw same-sex marriage... and take away many existing rights of civil unions for gay and straight alike. When the bill's sponsor's wife was asked about it she said it was important because the Caucasian race is "diminishing." Isn't it great when homophobia and racism get together like this? [link] Oh, but if you'd prefer your homophobia with side of religious intolerance I've got another NC story for that about a pastor who thinks we should hit kids with "limp wrists." [link]
I deal with people like this all the time being from the RED State of Tennessee.
I watched the video with the woman from North Carolina who said why her husband wrote the Marriage Bill. There honestly a bunch other people who think just like them in the south and its a sad sad sad thing.
__________________

Reply With Quote
Reply
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links


Advertise here
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Minimum Characters Per Post: 25



All times are UTC -8. The time now is 05:02 AM.


Style by Nymphadora, artwork by Sa-Dui.
Like our Facebook Page Follow us on Twitter © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity™, pokecommunity.com.
Pokémon characters and images belong to The Pokémon Company International and Nintendo. This website is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Nintendo, Creatures, GAMEFREAK, The Pokémon Company or The Pokémon Company International. We just love Pokémon.
All forum styles, their images (unless noted otherwise) and site designs are © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity / PokéCommunity.com.
PokéCommunity™ is a trademark of The PokéCommunity. All rights reserved. Sponsor advertisements do not imply our endorsement of that product or service. User generated content remains the property of its creator.