The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Fan Clubs & Groups

Notices

Fan Clubs & Groups Fan Clubs & Groups are places to go to find like-minded members and talk about similar interests. Join or create a club here if it doesn't fit in any of the other sections.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old April 21st, 2012 (03:06 PM).
awolfsquared
I wish you a Merry Christmas!! (or CHRIStmas)
Community Supporter

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Skype™ to awolfsquared
Ok review time
Spoiler:
I'm really glad I was able to watch it on TV cause I didn't have to get spoiled. Anyway.
Oh wow. That was the best season finale ever! The whole episode had me on the edge of my seat (or bed if yu want to be correct). Never expected Princess Candace to actually be an evil queen. That was an excellent plot twist. I wasn't expecting the episode to go the way it did, neither did I expect any songs. The songs were all just amazing. Plus I love the fight scene and Princess Luna showed up at the end and DJ-Pon3!

The fight scene/entire episode goes to show this is no longer just a show for little kids. Can't wait for season 3!

10/10

Merry Christmas everyone!
DeviantArt | Tumblr | Ask Me Stuff | Paired to
Old April 21st, 2012 (06:42 PM).
Mynewusernameiskuzronkjustlookthatup

The new episode was awesome and are my favorite episodes now
Old April 21st, 2012 (09:57 PM).
~Ryukaa
//fennekin
Community Supporter Tier 3

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to ~Ryukaa Send a message via Skype™ to ~Ryukaa
To me, this really felt like the closest we've gotten to: "My Little Pony FiM: the Movie".
Which means that the episodes exceeded TV standard and probably could've been shown in cinemas if they wanted to. I know I wouldn't have regretted going to watch it, if it were so. A great way to end the series! Unlike both the season pilots, nothing really felt rushed or incomplete. That's what I really liked about the new episodes.

I honestly wasn't expecting much. Sure, it was a wedding between Twilight's brother and some princess. I didn't think it was going to be THIS big. It just shows how much care the writers, animators, and storyboarders put into this series. Of course, all three songs featured in the film episodes were fantastic as well.

My friend and I came across a couple plot holes, but heck. It's a kids' show. Doesn't matter. xD;
Completely pumped for Season 3. Although, it's only 13 episodes. o3o
Old April 22nd, 2012 (02:57 AM).
Houndour2005

Epic ending.

At last bigger roles for both AJ and Princess Celestia.
Old April 22nd, 2012 (06:47 AM).
Superjub
Pokémon Aureolin
Community Supporter

Nature: Timid
Wow. Just wow. :D This has got to be my favourite episode, and definitely exceeded my expectations. :D I felt really involved, and I actually felt for the characters the whole way through, and I was so close to crying out of joy towards the end. :') And the songs... <3 The ending one especially. :D I'd love an extended edition, to be honest. They definitely went out with a bang, and as I've seen mentioned, if by chancethis is the final episode ever, I can live with that. Having said that, if there is a season 3... me gusta! :D I honestly have no complaints, and definitely a 10/10 from me. :D

Check out the new thread soon!

Old April 22nd, 2012 (07:46 AM).
Houndour2005

A date to remember

http://www.tv.com/shows/my-little-po...c/tba-2437694/
Old April 22nd, 2012 (08:38 AM).
Sweet Candace
So Awesome! /)^ɛ^(\

Nature: Adamant
Quote:
Originally Posted by Houndour2005 View Post
Spoiler:
September 15th!? Awesome! We have a tentative Season 3 premier!
Old April 22nd, 2012 (11:38 AM).
Gleam Noiyam
Pop Goes the Gleamsel.
Community Supporter

Nature: Lonely
Send a message via AIM to Gleam Noiyam Send a message via Skype™ to Gleam Noiyam
Omg. The season finale was amazing! Queen Crysalis is the most evil villian in MLP yet. But this probably means that the villians are just going to ger more and more evil with every season. These two episodes reminded me of something Disney would do btw.
Sheep and I fangirl about cute stuff too much. Current theme. Current obsessions.

Old April 22nd, 2012 (11:56 AM).
Mr Cat Dog
It takes a lot to make a stew

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuki's Sword View Post
These two episodes reminded me of something Disney would do btw.
I did get a very 90s-Disney vibe from the songs of this episode as well. I'm not normally one to really like or care about the songs, but I thought these ones were particularly well done. As far as the episode goes, I really liked it. I especially liked how the story dovetailed from a simple Royal Wedding parody (which could have been AWFUL with the references to William/Kate that could have been made) to a more traditional action-film story. It certainly didn't feel padded either, and felt like it deserved every second of its 43-minute runtime, which is something I was concerned about going into the episode.

And now it's just a wait until Season 3 starts up again. Tick tock, etc.
Old April 22nd, 2012 (11:10 PM).
U.Flame
Brony Hacker

Nature: Jolly
As badass as the queen was, I don't think she was genuinely evil. When you think of her point of view, she was just making sure her species would live. Although they certainly made it look evil.

Seriously epic though. Even my mom agreed that it was the darkest badass thing to ever be produced by a kid's show. Especially the changeling fight scene.

Speaking of that fight scene, anyone else notice theat Rainbow Dash kissed Fluttershy? I've seen differing opinions and theories but I know it was a genuine kiss. It could still be a friendly non-romantic kiss, but I think it was official shipping even if just subliminal.
Pokemon Ruby Destiny Broken Timeline - Mapping assigned maps, slow pace at the moment.
Pokemon Cursed/Creepy White - Group project, on hiatus for now with plans to return eventually.

Times I've been ninja'd: 18
Times I've ninja'd people: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by drarixio View Post
Unbeatable Flame would make a pokemon trainer run outta breath in the anime:
Unbeatable Flame, Flamethrower.
Unbeatable Flame, Sky Uppercut.
Unbeatable Flame, this.
Unbeatable Flame, that.
Un*pant*beatable---Flame, hooollaaa
Un-un-un-un--bea-bee....*Pokemon trainer fainted*
Old April 23rd, 2012 (12:31 AM).
awolfsquared
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by U_Flame View Post
Speaking of that fight scene, anyone else notice theat Rainbow Dash kissed Fluttershy? I've seen differing opinions and theories but I know it was a genuine kiss. It could still be a friendly non-romantic kiss, but I think it was official shipping even if just subliminal.
All I heard was a strange squishing sound, it could anything. I don't think it was a kiss but if it was, it looked like a friendly non-romantic kiss on the cheek type of thing. To me, that doesn't make Flutterdash a canon ship, just the producers try to troll us by throwing in random sound effects.

Old April 24th, 2012 (06:02 AM).
Sweet Candace
So Awesome! /)^ɛ^(\

Guys, I think "This Day Aria" supplanted "At the Gala as my favorite song. It was just so amazing.

Old April 24th, 2012 (11:57 AM).
Mr Cat Dog
It takes a lot to make a stew

Nature: Relaxed
Wedding episode was the most-watched ep in Hub History, apparently. Not particularly surprising, but worth pointing out.
Old April 24th, 2012 (11:59 AM).
mondays suck
:)

And out of the closet I come:

- Favorite Episode: Dragone Baby Gone - Bouncing Baby Bunnies Burning Brightly. No, wait, what's a FiW episode. Maybe Read it and Weep then. Or Luna Eclipsed. Or Lesson Zero. Or Stare Master. Or Baby Cakes. This is hard. Even when leaving the specials out.
- Favorite Main Pony: While Rarity having the best lines, Twilight having been amazing in Season 2 and Rainbow Dash being Rainbow Dash, Fluttershy still wins by a large margin. Even did before I saw this. Sooo irresistibly adorable.
- Favorite Side Pony: A very common choice, if not the most common one: Luna. I don't even really know why, I just like her, after Luna Eclipsed she's always been my second favorite pony right after Fluttershy. And yes, even before I saw this.
- About Me: You probably already guessed it, but, yes, Rainbow Dash was already my second favorite main pony and third favorite pony overall before I saw this.
Anyway... when last year or so the MLP hype was being huge and obnoxious, I, for that exact reason, refused to watch an episode, my interest wasn't too big anyway. The hype faded a bit, time passed, and maybe 2 or 3 months ago I randomly stumbled across a pony video on youtube, actually watched it and somehow ended up watching episode 1. First a few minutes of the terribly half-assed German dub, then the original after reading comments about how much better it is. And, eventually, after watching a few episodes, what started out as something someone might call - my useless mind currently lacks a better word - lulz, had already developped into pure enthusiasm. I was so full of joy, it made me jump - and accidentally jump into the bathroom's doorframe. That hurt. A lot.
Old April 24th, 2012 (12:27 PM).
Gleam Noiyam
Pop Goes the Gleamsel.
Community Supporter

Nature: Lonely
Send a message via AIM to Gleam Noiyam Send a message via Skype™ to Gleam Noiyam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Candace View Post
Guys, I think "This Day Aria" supplanted "At the Gala as my favorite song. It was just so amazing.
I loved that song so much. It was quite amazing. And now it's my favorite MLP song as well.~ I also love the reprise:

Love is in Bloom was pretty good song, too but this one was the best.
Sheep and I fangirl about cute stuff too much. Current theme. Current obsessions.

Old April 24th, 2012 (03:54 PM).
Sweet Candace
So Awesome! /)^ɛ^(\

Quote:
Originally Posted by mondays suck View Post
And out of the closet I come:

- Favorite Episode: Dragone Baby Gone - Bouncing Baby Bunnies Burning Brightly. No, wait, what's a FiW episode. Maybe Read it and Weep then. Or Luna Eclipsed. Or Lesson Zero. Or Stare Master. Or Baby Cakes. This is hard. Even when leaving the specials out.
- Favorite Main Pony: While Rarity having the best lines, Twilight having been amazing in Season 2 and Rainbow Dash being Rainbow Dash, Fluttershy still wins by a large margin. Even did before I saw this. Sooo irresistibly adorable.
- Favorite Side Pony: A very common choice, if not the most common one: Luna. I don't even really know why, I just like her, after Luna Eclipsed she's always been my second favorite pony right after Fluttershy. And yes, even before I saw this.
- About Me: You probably already guessed it, but, yes, Rainbow Dash was already my second favorite main pony and third favorite pony overall before I saw this.
Anyway... when last year or so the MLP hype was being huge and obnoxious, I, for that exact reason, refused to watch an episode, my interest wasn't too big anyway. The hype faded a bit, time passed, and maybe 2 or 3 months ago I randomly stumbled across a pony video on youtube, actually watched it and somehow ended up watching episode 1. First a few minutes of the terribly half-assed German dub, then the original after reading comments about how much better it is. And, eventually, after watching a few episodes, what started out as something someone might call - my useless mind currently lacks a better word - lulz, had already developped into pure enthusiasm. I was so full of joy, it made me jump - and accidentally jump into the bathroom's doorframe. That hurt. A lot.
Okay, you'll be added to the member list, welcome to the club.
Old April 24th, 2012 (10:21 PM).
awolfsquared
Community Supporter

"This Day Aria" is the best song from the finale. Probably beats "Smile Song" as my favorite.

Old April 25th, 2012 (11:06 AM).
Sweet Candace
So Awesome! /)^ɛ^(\

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWsquared View Post
"This Day Aria" is the best song from the finale. Probably beats "Smile Song" as my favorite.
I would agree to that except I didn't like the "Smile Song" and "At the Gala" was my previous favorite. (As stated in an earlier post by me.)
Old April 27th, 2012 (03:02 PM).
Houndour2005

Took a test

Old April 28th, 2012 (06:30 AM).
Mynewusernameiskuzronkjustlookthatup

http://www.hasbro.com/mylittlepony/e...fm?type=videos
Full version of Love Is In Bloom
Old May 1st, 2012 (08:24 AM).
Houndour2005

Collection update

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gyUl0...&feature=inbox
Old May 1st, 2012 (11:33 PM).
teamVASIMR

Ah, joining. But it will be quite difficult.

- Favorite Episode: I do not believe in playing favorites.
- Favorite Main Pony: I do not believe in playing favorites.
- Favorite Side Pony: I do not believe in playing favorites.
- About Me: Used to write Pokemon fanfiction. Started watching ponies instead.

I'm here with a question, which I am also asking elsewhere:

I've noticed that the "brony" population has a significant concentration Pokemon fans.

On Youtube many of the commentators on pony videos have obviously Pokemon-related usernames.

Pony avatars and themes appear all over PokeCommunity (this was probably the first place I ever saw it) and other Pokemon fansites.

Out of all the threads on the first page of this here "Other clubs" forum, the pony one has one of the most replies/views (2,445/73,085), trailing only Bleach at 3,385/80,552. But that is to be expected -- it's a year older than you.

So anyway, I really want to know:
Why My Little Pony and not something else?
Is it because of certain influential Pokemon site users?
Or is there something about MLPFIM that attracts the same people as Pokemon?
Old May 4th, 2012 (12:19 PM).
Sora
The Keyblade Pokémon

Nature: Gentle
Usually clubs are popular when there are things going on in the fandom, there are discussions, and if the members of the club are active. Of course, among other things. But this club had all those things. 'Had' because since the Season Finale this thread is (obvious) not being active. For the time being we should consider bringing up discussions/questions (like above) to chat and talk about? Not sure, but just because there aren't any new episodes doesn't mean this club can go quiet.

As for the other two questions part of it could be because despite the targeted audience both Pokemon and MLP have older fans as well. But I'll allow someone else to possibly elaborate on those two.
Old May 4th, 2012 (12:33 PM). Edited May 4th, 2012 by TornZero.
TornZero
Resident Yuri-ism Cult Leader

Send a message via Skype™ to TornZero
Quote:
Originally Posted by BinaryPeaches View Post
As for the other two questions part of it could be because despite the targeted audience both Pokemon and MLP have older fans as well. But I'll allow someone else to possibly elaborate on those two.
Actually, on her deviantArt page, Lauren Faust noted to a (failing) troller that FiM was for both children and their parents, male parents included.

Spoiler:

I will be moving my account to Songbird over the course of immediately. The signature will stay as is for posterity and reference.
Old May 5th, 2012 (07:40 AM).
teamVASIMR

According to a 2011 study on the subject, the average Brony is 21 years old.

So he would have been born in 1990, meaning he was 8 years old, the target audience of Pokemon when it became popular in 1998. Pokemon was the in thing 1998, all the "cool" guys played Pokemon cards. (This is the reason Pokemon has older fans.) But the previous generations of MLP had never reached that level.

Why would these same people get into MLP now?
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links