The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Clubs

Notices

Pokémon Clubs This forum is for those who wish to start a club within the community. This forum is for Pokémon clubs; Fan Clubs & Groups is for everything else.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Advertise here

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old April 26th, 2012, 07:15 PM
Sector

Nature: Naughty

Advertise here
Best Generation 1 Starter now or back then?

If you are referring to now, it's Venusaur, hands down. His DW ability, Chlorophyll, marks him of one of two ever starters to be classified as Uber. The other being Blaziken that is.

Back then? Charizard was to overrated and indeed a favorite. But doesn't mean he was the best. Let alone having that odd Ice weakness. Blastoise was decent, but not very popular among the three. So Venusaur was by far the favorite and best. So Venusaur is the winner! Same goes for the earlier starters with Charmander/Charmeleon, Squirtle/Wartortle, Bulbasaur/Ivysaur, although Charmander/Charmeleon doesn't have the odd Ice weakness thank to the Flying type, Bulbasaur's double typing extra makes it one odd and interesting Pokemon either way.

Last edited by Sector; April 27th, 2012 at 09:40 AM. Reason: Can you say 'I Haz Typos'
Old April 27th, 2012, 07:15 AM
Avishka
bye. o/
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Skype™ to Avishka
Best Gen I starter?
Charmander ftw. i love fire types and it was my first pokemon.

Old April 27th, 2012, 08:44 AM
Olli
we keep this love in a photograph

Best Generation 1 Starter
This is a really hard choice, as all the starters have their goods and their bads, which can also be applied to most later generations.

Like, Bulbasaur is obviously the best to use if all you want is a playthrough, since it gives a good start, beating the first few gyms with a minimum of training, giving you a better chance of preparing for the following gyms, and as a dual type with Poison, its moves aren't too shabby.

But easy =/= best obviously, and to be honest, I prefer having a Charizard on my team over having a Bulbasaur. Charizard is just such an awesome Pokémon in itself. Its design is awesome, its movepool is awesome, everything is just awesome about it, and even though people lost interest for it long ago, due to all the newer and stronger Pokémon that has been introduced throughout the generations, it's still remembered by many to be, or have been, a strong Pokémon.

So my final answer would be Charmander.
Old May 4th, 2012, 05:08 AM
SS01
#PoC Collab

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to SS01
Well guys, I'm sorry to say this, but unless we can get activity way up and keep it that way, this club is going to close. This has become so inactive, it isn't really worth it anymore. Nobody ever posts anymore, it has become practically pointless. I start a new topic, 3 people reply, then we're dead until I start a new one, there's no reason to keep going on. I'd rather have this closed manually than just having it forgotten about and dying, so yeah. I'm giving us one more topic to see if I can spur enough activity to keep us alive for as long as possible, but if that doesn't happen, I'm having this closed.

Favorite Gen I Legendary?
I'm not sure here, but I think.. Articuno. I like Ice types, and this thing's design is just so amazing, not to mention it's shiny sprite. Tell us what you think!
Old May 4th, 2012, 03:24 PM
Sector

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinySearcher01 View Post
Well guys, I'm sorry to say this, but unless we can get activity way up and keep it that way, this club is going to close. This has become so inactive, it isn't really worth it anymore. Nobody ever posts anymore, it has become practically pointless. I start a new topic, 3 people reply, then we're dead until I start a new one, there's no reason to keep going on. I'd rather have this closed manually than just having it forgotten about and dying, so yeah. I'm giving us one more topic to see if I can spur enough activity to keep us alive for as long as possible, but if that doesn't happen, I'm having this closed.

I'm not sure here, but I think.. Articuno. I like Ice types, and this thing's design is just so amazing, not to mention it's shiny sprite. Tell us what you think!
It'd be sad to see this club close up...such as successful club. However, on to the topic...

I'd have to go with Mewtwo on this, then again there's Mew. I like the Green Shiny Mewtwo much better than Blue Mew..as I think Mew could had been Green as well (Look at Espeon/Mewtwo anyway). Or a bright White Mew would be awesome! So I'd have to say either one of the Mew Duo are my favorites. Of Course, Mewtwo's Psystrike makes his signature move one of the greatest. Mew's Synchronize ability is great. Depends on how you look at them.

Otherwise...the 3rd Birds...I'd go with Zapdos/Moltres tied and Articuno least favorite, but I like them all. I've used Zapdos most in-game and Moltres in the Trading Card games from the Gameboy color..and Articuno well..I've used him within my primary deck real life. So really..I've had history and used all Legendary Pokemon from Generation 1 to be honest. Quite the only Generation of Legendary Pokemon I've used all of them anyway.
Old May 4th, 2012, 11:57 PM
Huggie
Mewtwo lover :3

Nature: Gentle
My favorite legendary is Mewtwo hands down although I hate its shiny form..Mew is really cute but ok..

Then there are the three birds. Zapdos is the most ugly to me coz I never liked its beak...otherwise it's pretty awesome. Moltres reminds me of a swan and it is very impressive. But I guess I have to admit that Articuno is the ...fairest of them all It has a very nice design plus I love ice types!

Old May 5th, 2012, 02:47 AM
SS01
#PoC Collab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sector Revenge View Post
It'd be sad to see this club close up...such as successful club. However, on to the topic...

I'd have to go with Mewtwo on this, then again there's Mew. I like the Green Shiny Mewtwo much better than Blue Mew..as I think Mew could had been Green as well (Look at Espeon/Mewtwo anyway). Or a bright White Mew would be awesome! So I'd have to say either one of the Mew Duo are my favorites. Of Course, Mewtwo's Psystrike makes his signature move one of the greatest. Mew's Synchronize ability is great. Depends on how you look at them.

Otherwise...the 3rd Birds...I'd go with Zapdos/Moltres tied and Articuno least favorite, but I like them all. I've used Zapdos most in-game and Moltres in the Trading Card games from the Gameboy color..and Articuno well..I've used him within my primary deck real life. So really..I've had history and used all Legendary Pokemon from Generation 1 to be honest. Quite the only Generation of Legendary Pokemon I've used all of them anyway.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huggie View Post
My favorite legendary is Mewtwo hands down although I hate its shiny form..Mew is really cute but ok..

Then there are the three birds. Zapdos is the most ugly to me coz I never liked its beak...otherwise it's pretty awesome. Moltres reminds me of a swan and it is very impressive. But I guess I have to admit that Articuno is the ...fairest of them all It has a very nice design plus I love ice types!
Interesting! Mew would probably be my second favorite after Articuno, I like blue Mew, although as Sector said a white one would be awesome! Green Mew doesn't really appeal to me, and I've never liked Moltres much, since it's shiny form looks like a plucked chicken. :cer_tongue:
Old May 5th, 2012, 03:35 AM
Avishka
bye. o/
Community Supporter

#1 Mewtwo is simply the single most uber Pokémon.
#2 Articuno is one of my Magestic and beautiful, strongest of the three birds in gameboy and also because of its incredible aura and stature.

Old May 5th, 2012, 05:24 AM
arbok
cobra pokemon

I must be the odd one out here but Mewtwo never really apealed to me. Must be because it appears so late in the game it is actually pretty useless unless you're fighting other players.
I think I'd pick Articuno as well. It used to be my least favourate but lately I've just started liking it more, I feel like it has the sleekest design and feels like the calm contrast to the other two birds which both seem chaotic.

Bulbasaur-Ivysaur-Venusaur
Ekans-Arbok
Zubat-Golbat-(with nat. dex)Crobat
Nidoran(M)-Nidorino-Nidoking
Gastly-Haunter-Gengar
Tentacool-Tentacruel
Old May 5th, 2012, 05:36 AM
Cid
Find your niche.

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Cid Send a message via Skype™ to Cid
It's been months since I last replied here, and I've only had the chance to post once, in fact. Good thing I caught up before it could ever close.

I'm going with Zapdos. He's been OU for four generations and just fell short this time around but he still deserves the love. A friend of mine likes Zapdos, and I am inclined to agree with her. Awesome typing, holds his own aesthetically pleasing appearance among the trio (Articuno and Moltres look cool, too) and I just love the number two (i.e. Zapdos) in his name. It reminds me of the underdog, and I'm all supportive of any underdog. Plus it boasts a wicked Thunder, go bulky and laugh at your failed attempts in defeating it and just Roost off whatever pitiful damage you manage to inflict. And he's awesome.
Old May 5th, 2012, 06:13 AM
Jayster23
A Promise To Return

Mew would be my favourite generation 1 legendary! It's so cute, powerful and the fact that it can learn every move makes it just as awesome. Mewtwo would be second after all the success it gave me in Pokemon Stadium :D

Anyone else notice that the symbols for the Hunger games saga on the books looks like Moltres, Articuno and Zapdos? o.0
Old May 5th, 2012, 07:55 PM
Unknown#
'Cause why not?
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
As much as I love Mewtwo, Zapdos has always been my favorite. Despite Mewtwo being more powerful, I used to image Zapdos as being the Zeus of the Pokemon world.

Quote:
Anyone else notice that the symbols for the Hunger games saga on the books looks like Moltres, Articuno and Zapdos? o.0
So I'm guessing the Pokemon League wasn't always the Pokemon League?

Old May 7th, 2012, 04:15 AM
SS01
#PoC Collab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cid View Post
Favorite Gen I Legendary?It reminds me of the underdog, and I'm all supportive of any underdog.
Same here. I Love Zapdos, the sprite just seems so awesome xD

Quote:
Originally Posted by arbok View Post
I must be the odd one out here but Mewtwo never really apealed to me. Must be because it appears so late in the game it is actually pretty useless unless you're fighting other players.
I'm the same way. I just can't get used to Mewtwo's design. It's... Ugly!

New topic, and this one is big:
Favorite Kanto non-legendary Pokemon?
Eevee. EeveeEeveeEevee. So cuuuuuute xD Other than that Dragonair looks nice, but Dragonite looks fat to me, haha.
Everyone, show us what you think!

Last edited by SS01; May 7th, 2012 at 04:20 AM.
Old May 7th, 2012, 05:38 AM
classiccartoonsftw
Nintendo is for awesome people

Pikachu, because it's soooo cute! I also like Gengar, Starmie, Charizard, Blastoise, and Rhydon.
Old May 7th, 2012, 06:56 AM
Sector

Quote:
Favorite non-legendary Pokemon?
Spitballing topics now huh? LOL

Well simply Ninetales(Obviously) and Venusaur. Then again, I did use to like Raichu, Butterfree, Nidoking, Aerodactyl as my favorites. Kabutops look awesome, then you've got the Eeveelutions who are just pure cute family!

Fattest Snorlax is cool. Scyther is badass. Clefairy is an awesome Alien. Jigglypuff is a fun balloon to play with. Pikachu is the perfect face. Vulpix is the cutest of all Pokemon. Starmie is pretty fast and awesome. Lapras is a fun Pokemon to surf on, could be a break from swimming in a deep part of the ocean and when I want to eat whenever, I can always sit on its back.
That's that.
Old May 7th, 2012, 11:16 AM
arbok
cobra pokemon

Quote:
Oh God, please don't make me choose...
Arbok is a given but I love all three starters, Eevee line, Gastly line, Koffing/Weezing, Vulpix-Ninetails, Growlethe, Ryhorn, Dragonair, Magnemite, Aerodactyl and.. and.. Pretty much all of them....

except Jynx and Mr.mime. Creepy.

Ekans-Arbok
Gastly-Haunter-Gengar
Tentacool-Tentacruel
Old May 7th, 2012, 05:11 PM
Myc Shredder

Username: Myc Shredder
Favorite Gen I Pokemon: Charmeleon
Partner Pokemon: Damien the Charmeleon

Aside from him being the evolved form of my fav starter, to this day I still love that unique red skin that seperate him from the rest of his evolution line. This is the same reason why I always wished they gave Charizard a similar palette instead of that orange colouring; only then would he perfect the Red emblem :D

On topic now, other non-legendary Kanto favourites include Charizard evidently, Bulbasaur, Pidgeot, Pikachu, Gengar, Tauros,
Kingler... Basically everyone I saw putting up a bad a** battle in the anime! But then again I love all 1st gen Pokemon, be it their simple design or the borderline nostalgic value attached to them.
Attached Images
File Type: png 005Charmeleon.png‎ (52.6 KB, 1 views) (Save to Dropbox)

Old May 7th, 2012, 10:13 PM
Cadance
& Shining Armour

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Skype™ to Cadance

Will say Dragonair. :3 It's so awesome. I never evolve it to Dragonite, ever. I wanted to keep Dragonair as is so I gave it an Everstone. It's not like I don't like Dragonite, just that I like Dragonair's stats a lot better as is. xD
Old May 8th, 2012, 03:27 AM
SS01
#PoC Collab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myc Shredder View Post
Username: Myc Shredder
Favorite Gen I Pokemon: Charmeleon
Partner Pokemon: Damien the Charmeleon

Aside from him being the evolved form of my fav starter, to this day I still love that unique red skin that seperate him from the rest of his evolution line. This is the same reason why I always wished they gave Charizard a similar palette instead of that orange colouring; only then would he perfect the Red emblem :D
On topic now, other non-legendary Kanto favourites include Charizard evidently, Bulbasaur, Pidgeot, Pikachu, Gengar, Tauros,
Kingler... Basically everyone I saw putting up a bad a** battle in the anime! But then again I love all 1st gen Pokemon, be it their simple design or the borderline nostalgic value attached to them.
I don't think I've ever seen so many font tags in one post lmao
Welcome! You're the first new member we've had in over a month! Hehe, Charmeleon's coloring is interesting. Your topic choices seem to be consistent with everyone else's :P
Quote:
Spitballing topics now huh? LOL
Yep. XD
Old May 8th, 2012, 08:48 AM
Avishka
bye. o/
Community Supporter

i like all three starters, Pidgey, Pikachu, Vulpix-Ninetails, Growlithe, Eevee, eeveelution, Charizard and more.....

Old May 8th, 2012, 09:07 AM
Myc Shredder

Quote:

I don't think I've ever seen so many font tags in one post lmao
Welcome! You're the first new member we've had in over a month! Hehe, Charmeleon's coloring is interesting. Your topic choices seem to be consistent with everyone else's

Yep. XD
Thanks for the welcome ShinySearcher01 :D (been here for like a month now & was just too lazy to post in the Welcome area )
To be honest I first came here as a leecher looking for good hacks to play, but then I looked around a bit & saw some great forums in this community. This is like Heaven to a 24 yr old Pokemon fan such as myself :D

Old May 8th, 2012, 10:13 AM
Sector

I have an interesting question. This may lead toward Generation II but it's a Generation I Pokemon..ahh it's going to overlap between the two so no harm done, right?

Should Magnemite/Magneton be only an Electric type, or do you like it's newly Electric/Steel type duo?

Old May 8th, 2012, 11:42 AM
arbok
cobra pokemon

Quote:
I have an interesting question. This may lead toward Generation II but it's a Generation I Pokemon..ahh it's going to overlap between the two so no harm done, right?

Should Magnemite/Magneton be only an Electric type, or do you like it's newly Electric/Steel type duo?

I like it being steel type on top. That is the best way to seperate it from Voltorb and Pikachu in two stage electric types. I find strong steel types difficult to find and the amount of resistances make them good defencive players.
As Silver was my first pokemon game I'm actually more used to Magnemite being a dual type rather than a pure electric.

Ekans-Arbok
Gastly-Haunter-Gengar
Tentacool-Tentacruel
Old May 8th, 2012, 11:49 AM
Sector

Quote:
Originally Posted by arbok View Post
I like it being steel type on top. That is the best way to seperate it from Voltorb and Pikachu in two stage electric types. I find strong steel types difficult to find and the amount of resistances make them good defencive players.
As Silver was my first pokemon game I'm actually more used to Magnemite being a dual type rather than a pure electric.
Even with it's 4x Weakness to Ground? Earthquake is a very common and powerful attack.
Old May 8th, 2012, 12:09 PM
arbok
cobra pokemon

Quote:
Even with it's 4x Weakness to Ground? Earthquake is a very common and powerful attack.
yes there is that but Magneton learns the handy move magnet rise causing all ground type moves to miss for just that occasion.

Ekans-Arbok
Gastly-Haunter-Gengar
Tentacool-Tentacruel
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here