The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Clubs
Sign Up Rules/FAQ Live Battle Blogs Mark Forums Read

Notices

Pokémon Clubs This forum is for those who wish to start a club within the community. This forum is for Pokémon clubs; Fan Clubs & Groups is for everything else.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.


Advertise here

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Thread Tools
  #951    
Old April 26th, 2012, 07:15 PM
Sector's Avatar
Sector
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Ohio
Age: 23
Gender: Female
Nature: Naughty

Advertise here
Best Generation 1 Starter now or back then?

If you are referring to now, it's Venusaur, hands down. His DW ability, Chlorophyll, marks him of one of two ever starters to be classified as Uber. The other being Blaziken that is.


Back then? Charizard was to overrated and indeed a favorite. But doesn't mean he was the best. Let alone having that odd Ice weakness. Blastoise was decent, but not very popular among the three. So Venusaur was by far the favorite and best. So Venusaur is the winner! Same goes for the earlier starters with Charmander/Charmeleon, Squirtle/Wartortle, Bulbasaur/Ivysaur, although Charmander/Charmeleon doesn't have the odd Ice weakness thank to the Flying type, Bulbasaur's double typing extra makes it one odd and interesting Pokemon either way.


__________________

Last edited by Sector; April 27th, 2012 at 09:40 AM. Reason: Can you say 'I Haz Typos'
  #952    
Old April 27th, 2012, 07:15 AM
Avishka's Avatar
Avishka
bye. o/
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: May 2011
Age: 16
Gender: Female
Nature: Calm
Send a message via Skype™ to Avishka
Best Gen I starter?
Charmander ftw. i love fire types and it was my first pokemon.
__________________
Pairs | VM | PM | Sister | Previously | Skype.

  #953    
Old April 27th, 2012, 08:44 AM
Olli's Avatar
Olli
we keep this love in a photograph
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Skyloft
Gender: Male
Best Generation 1 Starter
This is a really hard choice, as all the starters have their goods and their bads, which can also be applied to most later generations.

Like, Bulbasaur is obviously the best to use if all you want is a playthrough, since it gives a good start, beating the first few gyms with a minimum of training, giving you a better chance of preparing for the following gyms, and as a dual type with Poison, its moves aren't too shabby.

But easy =/= best obviously, and to be honest, I prefer having a Charizard on my team over having a Bulbasaur. Charizard is just such an awesome Pokémon in itself. Its design is awesome, its movepool is awesome, everything is just awesome about it, and even though people lost interest for it long ago, due to all the newer and stronger Pokémon that has been introduced throughout the generations, it's still remembered by many to be, or have been, a strong Pokémon.

So my final answer would be Charmander.
  #954    
Old May 4th, 2012, 05:08 AM
SS01's Avatar
SS01
#PoC Collab
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Ottawa, Canada
Age: 23
Gender: Male
Nature: Timid
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to SS01
Well guys, I'm sorry to say this, but unless we can get activity way up and keep it that way, this club is going to close. This has become so inactive, it isn't really worth it anymore. Nobody ever posts anymore, it has become practically pointless. I start a new topic, 3 people reply, then we're dead until I start a new one, there's no reason to keep going on. I'd rather have this closed manually than just having it forgotten about and dying, so yeah. I'm giving us one more topic to see if I can spur enough activity to keep us alive for as long as possible, but if that doesn't happen, I'm having this closed.

Favorite Gen I Legendary?
I'm not sure here, but I think.. Articuno. I like Ice types, and this thing's design is just so amazing, not to mention it's shiny sprite. Tell us what you think!
  #955    
Old May 4th, 2012, 03:24 PM
Sector's Avatar
Sector
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Ohio
Age: 23
Gender: Female
Nature: Naughty
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinySearcher01 View Post
Well guys, I'm sorry to say this, but unless we can get activity way up and keep it that way, this club is going to close. This has become so inactive, it isn't really worth it anymore. Nobody ever posts anymore, it has become practically pointless. I start a new topic, 3 people reply, then we're dead until I start a new one, there's no reason to keep going on. I'd rather have this closed manually than just having it forgotten about and dying, so yeah. I'm giving us one more topic to see if I can spur enough activity to keep us alive for as long as possible, but if that doesn't happen, I'm having this closed.

Favorite Gen I Legendary?
I'm not sure here, but I think.. Articuno. I like Ice types, and this thing's design is just so amazing, not to mention it's shiny sprite. Tell us what you think!
It'd be sad to see this club close up...such as successful club. However, on to the topic...

I'd have to go with Mewtwo on this, then again there's Mew. I like the Green Shiny Mewtwo much better than Blue Mew..as I think Mew could had been Green as well (Look at Espeon/Mewtwo anyway). Or a bright White Mew would be awesome! So I'd have to say either one of the Mew Duo are my favorites. Of Course, Mewtwo's Psystrike makes his signature move one of the greatest. Mew's Synchronize ability is great. Depends on how you look at them.

Otherwise...the 3rd Birds...I'd go with Zapdos/Moltres tied and Articuno least favorite, but I like them all. I've used Zapdos most in-game and Moltres in the Trading Card games from the Gameboy color..and Articuno well..I've used him within my primary deck real life. So really..I've had history and used all Legendary Pokemon from Generation 1 to be honest. Quite the only Generation of Legendary Pokemon I've used all of them anyway.
__________________
  #956    
Old May 4th, 2012, 11:57 PM
Huggie's Avatar
Huggie
Mewtwo lover :3
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Greece
Age: 20
Gender: Female
Nature: Gentle
My favorite legendary is Mewtwo hands down although I hate its shiny form..Mew is really cute but ok..

Then there are the three birds. Zapdos is the most ugly to me coz I never liked its beak...otherwise it's pretty awesome. Moltres reminds me of a swan and it is very impressive. But I guess I have to admit that Articuno is the ...fairest of them all It has a very nice design plus I love ice types!
__________________
WHITE FC: 3997 7172 4686
BLACK FC: 3525 5602 8570
SOULSILVER FC: 2322 3425 7659

  #957    
Old May 5th, 2012, 02:47 AM
SS01's Avatar
SS01
#PoC Collab
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Ottawa, Canada
Age: 23
Gender: Male
Nature: Timid
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to SS01
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sector Revenge View Post
It'd be sad to see this club close up...such as successful club. However, on to the topic...

I'd have to go with Mewtwo on this, then again there's Mew. I like the Green Shiny Mewtwo much better than Blue Mew..as I think Mew could had been Green as well (Look at Espeon/Mewtwo anyway). Or a bright White Mew would be awesome! So I'd have to say either one of the Mew Duo are my favorites. Of Course, Mewtwo's Psystrike makes his signature move one of the greatest. Mew's Synchronize ability is great. Depends on how you look at them.

Otherwise...the 3rd Birds...I'd go with Zapdos/Moltres tied and Articuno least favorite, but I like them all. I've used Zapdos most in-game and Moltres in the Trading Card games from the Gameboy color..and Articuno well..I've used him within my primary deck real life. So really..I've had history and used all Legendary Pokemon from Generation 1 to be honest. Quite the only Generation of Legendary Pokemon I've used all of them anyway.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huggie View Post
My favorite legendary is Mewtwo hands down although I hate its shiny form..Mew is really cute but ok..

Then there are the three birds. Zapdos is the most ugly to me coz I never liked its beak...otherwise it's pretty awesome. Moltres reminds me of a swan and it is very impressive. But I guess I have to admit that Articuno is the ...fairest of them all It has a very nice design plus I love ice types!
Interesting! Mew would probably be my second favorite after Articuno, I like blue Mew, although as Sector said a white one would be awesome! Green Mew doesn't really appeal to me, and I've never liked Moltres much, since it's shiny form looks like a plucked chicken. :cer_tongue:
  #958    
Old May 5th, 2012, 03:35 AM
Avishka's Avatar
Avishka
bye. o/
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: May 2011
Age: 16
Gender: Female
Nature: Calm
Send a message via Skype™ to Avishka
Favorite Gen I Legendary?
#1 Mewtwo is simply the single most uber Pokémon.
#2 Articuno is one of my Magestic and beautiful, strongest of the three birds in gameboy and also because of its incredible aura and stature.
__________________
Pairs | VM | PM | Sister | Previously | Skype.

  #959    
Old May 5th, 2012, 05:24 AM
arbok's Avatar
arbok
cobra pokemon
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Age: 19
Gender: Male
I must be the odd one out here but Mewtwo never really apealed to me. Must be because it appears so late in the game it is actually pretty useless unless you're fighting other players.
I think I'd pick Articuno as well. It used to be my least favourate but lately I've just started liking it more, I feel like it has the sleekest design and feels like the calm contrast to the other two birds which both seem chaotic.
__________________
my Kanto poison team

Bulbasaur-Ivysaur-Venusaur
Ekans-Arbok
Zubat-Golbat-(with nat. dex)Crobat
Nidoran(M)-Nidorino-Nidoking
Gastly-Haunter-Gengar
Tentacool-Tentacruel
  #960    
Old May 5th, 2012, 05:36 AM
Cid's Avatar
Cid
Find your niche.
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Beneath the sky.
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Nature: Calm
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Cid Send a message via Skype™ to Cid
It's been months since I last replied here, and I've only had the chance to post once, in fact. Good thing I caught up before it could ever close.

Favorite Gen I Legendary?

I'm going with Zapdos. He's been OU for four generations and just fell short this time around but he still deserves the love. A friend of mine likes Zapdos, and I am inclined to agree with her. Awesome typing, holds his own aesthetically pleasing appearance among the trio (Articuno and Moltres look cool, too) and I just love the number two (i.e. Zapdos) in his name. It reminds me of the underdog, and I'm all supportive of any underdog. Plus it boasts a wicked Thunder, go bulky and laugh at your failed attempts in defeating it and just Roost off whatever pitiful damage you manage to inflict. And he's awesome.
__________________
  #961    
Old May 5th, 2012, 06:13 AM
Jayster23's Avatar
Jayster23
A Promise To Return
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Straya
Age: 18
Gender: Male
Favorite Gen I Legendary?

Mew would be my favourite generation 1 legendary! It's so cute, powerful and the fact that it can learn every move makes it just as awesome. Mewtwo would be second after all the success it gave me in Pokemon Stadium :D

Anyone else notice that the symbols for the Hunger games saga on the books looks like Moltres, Articuno and Zapdos? o.0
__________________
FC: 4441-9989-0344
FS: Tangela | Swadloon | Quilladin
IGN: Jayden
  #962    
Old May 5th, 2012, 07:55 PM
Unknown#'s Avatar
Unknown#
'Cause why not?
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Tejas
Age: 16
Gender: Male
Nature: Relaxed
Favorite Gen I Legendary?
As much as I love Mewtwo, Zapdos has always been my favorite. Despite Mewtwo being more powerful, I used to image Zapdos as being the Zeus of the Pokemon world.

Quote:
Anyone else notice that the symbols for the Hunger games saga on the books looks like Moltres, Articuno and Zapdos? o.0
So I'm guessing the Pokemon League wasn't always the Pokemon League?
__________________
Check out my YouTube channel:

  #963    
Old May 7th, 2012, 04:15 AM
SS01's Avatar
SS01
#PoC Collab
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Ottawa, Canada
Age: 23
Gender: Male
Nature: Timid
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to SS01
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cid View Post
Favorite Gen I Legendary?It reminds me of the underdog, and I'm all supportive of any underdog.
Same here. I Love Zapdos, the sprite just seems so awesome xD

Quote:
Originally Posted by arbok View Post
I must be the odd one out here but Mewtwo never really apealed to me. Must be because it appears so late in the game it is actually pretty useless unless you're fighting other players.
I'm the same way. I just can't get used to Mewtwo's design. It's... Ugly!

New topic, and this one is big:
Favorite Kanto non-legendary Pokemon?
Eevee. EeveeEeveeEevee. So cuuuuuute xD Other than that Dragonair looks nice, but Dragonite looks fat to me, haha.
Everyone, show us what you think!

Last edited by SS01; May 7th, 2012 at 04:20 AM.
  #964    
Old May 7th, 2012, 05:38 AM
classiccartoonsftw's Avatar
classiccartoonsftw
Nintendo is for awesome people
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Gender: Male
Favorite Kanto non-legendary Pokemon?
Pikachu, because it's soooo cute! I also like Gengar, Starmie, Charizard, Blastoise, and Rhydon.
  #965    
Old May 7th, 2012, 06:56 AM
Sector's Avatar
Sector
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Ohio
Age: 23
Gender: Female
Nature: Naughty
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinySearcher01 View Post
Favorite non-legendary Pokemon?
Spitballing topics now huh? LOL

Well simply Ninetales(Obviously) and Venusaur. Then again, I did use to like Raichu, Butterfree, Nidoking, Aerodactyl as my favorites. Kabutops look awesome, then you've got the Eeveelutions who are just pure cute family!

Fattest Snorlax is cool. Scyther is badass. Clefairy is an awesome Alien. Jigglypuff is a fun balloon to play with. Pikachu is the perfect face. Vulpix is the cutest of all Pokemon. Starmie is pretty fast and awesome. Lapras is a fun Pokemon to surf on, could be a break from swimming in a deep part of the ocean and when I want to eat whenever, I can always sit on its back.
That's that.
__________________
  #966    
Old May 7th, 2012, 11:16 AM
arbok's Avatar
arbok
cobra pokemon
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinySearcher01 View Post
Favorite Kanto non-legendary Pokemon?
Oh God, please don't make me choose...
Arbok is a given but I love all three starters, Eevee line, Gastly line, Koffing/Weezing, Vulpix-Ninetails, Growlethe, Ryhorn, Dragonair, Magnemite, Aerodactyl and.. and.. Pretty much all of them....

except Jynx and Mr.mime. Creepy.
__________________
my Kanto poison team

Bulbasaur-Ivysaur-Venusaur
Ekans-Arbok
Zubat-Golbat-(with nat. dex)Crobat
Nidoran(M)-Nidorino-Nidoking
Gastly-Haunter-Gengar
Tentacool-Tentacruel
  #967    
Old May 7th, 2012, 05:11 PM
Myc Shredder's Avatar
Myc Shredder
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Gender: Male
Username: Myc Shredder
Favorite Gen I Pokemon: Charmeleon
Partner Pokemon: Damien the Charmeleon

Aside from him being the evolved form of my fav starter, to this day I still love that unique red skin that seperate him from the rest of his evolution line. This is the same reason why I always wished they gave Charizard a similar palette instead of that orange colouring; only then would he perfect the Red emblem :D

On topic now, other non-legendary Kanto favourites include Charizard evidently, Bulbasaur, Pidgeot, Pikachu, Gengar, Tauros,
Kingler... Basically everyone I saw putting up a bad a** battle in the anime! But then again I love all 1st gen Pokemon, be it their simple design or the borderline nostalgic value attached to them.
Attached Images
File Type: png 005Charmeleon.png‎ (52.6 KB, 1 views) (Save to Dropbox)
__________________






  #968    
Old May 7th, 2012, 10:13 PM
Cadance's Avatar
Cadance
& Shining Armour
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Bristol, TN
Gender: Female
Nature: Brave
Send a message via Skype™ to Cadance
Favorite Kanto non-legendary Pokemon?

Will say Dragonair. :3 It's so awesome. I never evolve it to Dragonite, ever. I wanted to keep Dragonair as is so I gave it an Everstone. It's not like I don't like Dragonite, just that I like Dragonair's stats a lot better as is. xD
__________________
Reach up, fill the skies with peace, start the golden age. Be the Shining Armour to my legacy.
  #969    
Old May 8th, 2012, 03:27 AM
SS01's Avatar
SS01
#PoC Collab
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Ottawa, Canada
Age: 23
Gender: Male
Nature: Timid
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to SS01
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myc Shredder View Post
Username: Myc Shredder
Favorite Gen I Pokemon: Charmeleon
Partner Pokemon: Damien the Charmeleon

Aside from him being the evolved form of my fav starter, to this day I still love that unique red skin that seperate him from the rest of his evolution line. This is the same reason why I always wished they gave Charizard a similar palette instead of that orange colouring; only then would he perfect the Red emblem :D
On topic now, other non-legendary Kanto favourites include Charizard evidently, Bulbasaur, Pidgeot, Pikachu, Gengar, Tauros,
Kingler... Basically everyone I saw putting up a bad a** battle in the anime! But then again I love all 1st gen Pokemon, be it their simple design or the borderline nostalgic value attached to them.
I don't think I've ever seen so many font tags in one post lmao
Welcome! You're the first new member we've had in over a month! Hehe, Charmeleon's coloring is interesting. Your topic choices seem to be consistent with everyone else's :P
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sector Revenge View Post
Spitballing topics now huh? LOL
Yep. XD
  #970    
Old May 8th, 2012, 08:48 AM
Avishka's Avatar
Avishka
bye. o/
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: May 2011
Age: 16
Gender: Female
Nature: Calm
Send a message via Skype™ to Avishka
Favorite Kanto non-legendary Pokemon?
i like all three starters, Pidgey, Pikachu, Vulpix-Ninetails, Growlithe, Eevee, eeveelution, Charizard and more.....
__________________
Pairs | VM | PM | Sister | Previously | Skype.

  #971    
Old May 8th, 2012, 09:07 AM
Myc Shredder's Avatar
Myc Shredder
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Gender: Male
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinySearcher01 View Post

I don't think I've ever seen so many font tags in one post lmao
Welcome! You're the first new member we've had in over a month! Hehe, Charmeleon's coloring is interesting. Your topic choices seem to be consistent with everyone else's

Yep. XD
Thanks for the welcome ShinySearcher01 :D (been here for like a month now & was just too lazy to post in the Welcome area )
To be honest I first came here as a leecher looking for good hacks to play, but then I looked around a bit & saw some great forums in this community. This is like Heaven to a 24 yr old Pokemon fan such as myself :D
__________________






  #972    
Old May 8th, 2012, 10:13 AM
Sector's Avatar
Sector
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Ohio
Age: 23
Gender: Female
Nature: Naughty
I have an interesting question. This may lead toward Generation II but it's a Generation I Pokemon..ahh it's going to overlap between the two so no harm done, right?

Should Magnemite/Magneton be only an Electric type, or do you like it's newly Electric/Steel type duo?

__________________
  #973    
Old May 8th, 2012, 11:42 AM
arbok's Avatar
arbok
cobra pokemon
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sector Revenge View Post
I have an interesting question. This may lead toward Generation II but it's a Generation I Pokemon..ahh it's going to overlap between the two so no harm done, right?

Should Magnemite/Magneton be only an Electric type, or do you like it's newly Electric/Steel type duo?

I like it being steel type on top. That is the best way to seperate it from Voltorb and Pikachu in two stage electric types. I find strong steel types difficult to find and the amount of resistances make them good defencive players.
As Silver was my first pokemon game I'm actually more used to Magnemite being a dual type rather than a pure electric.
__________________
my Kanto poison team

Bulbasaur-Ivysaur-Venusaur
Ekans-Arbok
Zubat-Golbat-(with nat. dex)Crobat
Nidoran(M)-Nidorino-Nidoking
Gastly-Haunter-Gengar
Tentacool-Tentacruel
  #974    
Old May 8th, 2012, 11:49 AM
Sector's Avatar
Sector
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Ohio
Age: 23
Gender: Female
Nature: Naughty
Quote:
Originally Posted by arbok View Post
I like it being steel type on top. That is the best way to seperate it from Voltorb and Pikachu in two stage electric types. I find strong steel types difficult to find and the amount of resistances make them good defencive players.
As Silver was my first pokemon game I'm actually more used to Magnemite being a dual type rather than a pure electric.
Even with it's 4x Weakness to Ground? Earthquake is a very common and powerful attack.
__________________
  #975    
Old May 8th, 2012, 12:09 PM
arbok's Avatar
arbok
cobra pokemon
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sector Revenge View Post
Even with it's 4x Weakness to Ground? Earthquake is a very common and powerful attack.
yes there is that but Magneton learns the handy move magnet rise causing all ground type moves to miss for just that occasion.
__________________
my Kanto poison team

Bulbasaur-Ivysaur-Venusaur
Ekans-Arbok
Zubat-Golbat-(with nat. dex)Crobat
Nidoran(M)-Nidorino-Nidoking
Gastly-Haunter-Gengar
Tentacool-Tentacruel
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links


Advertise here
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Minimum Characters Per Post: 25



All times are UTC -8. The time now is 06:16 AM.


Style by Nymphadora, artwork by Sa-Dui.
Like our Facebook Page Follow us on Twitter © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity™, pokecommunity.com.
Pokémon characters and images belong to The Pokémon Company International and Nintendo. This website is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Nintendo, Creatures, GAMEFREAK, The Pokémon Company or The Pokémon Company International. We just love Pokémon.
All forum styles, their images (unless noted otherwise) and site designs are © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity / PokéCommunity.com.
PokéCommunity™ is a trademark of The PokéCommunity. All rights reserved. Sponsor advertisements do not imply our endorsement of that product or service. User generated content remains the property of its creator.